Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:14:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:35:24 AM

i wonder whatever happened to coine smith?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:37:18 AM

People say things like "Oh, Vericoin, the Paypal of the crypto world" Like that's a BAD thing!?

Paypal might be far from perfect, but they are THE payment method of choice for the entire internets...

I understand what you are saying but "of choice" doesn't apply: Ebay imposes it and that's why it is the payment that most people use on the internet. Amazon doesn't use it and that's quite some market.

It is up for debate if being identified as "the PayPal of the crypto world" would be negative or not to the image of Vericoin. Personally I don't believe it will be, as long as it is not PayPal dependent or perceived as PayPal dependent (vendors HATE the chargebacks PayPal is famous for), but others may have different opinions... and the devs the last word. Again, good thinking, thank you. These types of ideas are -or should be- what moves the project forward toward the mainstream.

As a person that makes quite a lot of purchases on the internet, I ONLY send my money via Paypal, even if there are additional fees associated as there sometimes are. Why? Security, simple as that. Now, lets not go in to the "Oh Paypal isn't as secure as you might think bla bla bla.." discussion. The point is, that if I've ever had a legitimate issue with a product or service I have purchased through Paypal, I have been looked after.

I understand that merchants have been burned by Paypal before, through chargebacks and the likes, but tbh it is usually the fault of the merchant for not ensure they follow the required precautions when dealing with a dodgy buyer.

I've also been a small time merchant on eBay (I used to buy and sell iPhones when they first came out and weren't released in many countries) and I did encounter my fair share of dodgy buyers that attempted to exploit the loopholes in Paypals seller protection program. I was lucky enough to be able to smell a rat a mile away and avoided being burned. This is just a part of life, you have to be cautious when dealing on the internet (or anywhere really). No amount of verification or seller protection can protect you from being scammed if you are not cautious yourself..

My $0.02 VRC

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:37:44 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember him too. He was alright ol' coine.
talk about winding back the VRC clock their.
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:44:33 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember him too. He was alright ol' coine.

lol that just shows how long i've been around lmao

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:46:39 AM

yeah grandpa  Cheesy

I can remember PMing Pat, would he do a utube video and prove he was real.
He said he would think about it.
God that was before mysterious Dev 3 even existed.
lols
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:23:39 AM

I've got another idea to help spread Vericoin to new users. A referral program.

The fact of the matter is that people need incentives to actually actively tell people about Vericoin, and to encourage them to download the wallet, and BUY Vericoin.

What better way to do this than to reward people who actually get new users to start using Vercoin, than to reward them with Vericoin?

Now, for this to work it would go hand in hand with Verification, this would prevent exploitation, as only once a new user has been verified, would rewards be paid to the referrer.

Thoughts?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Autodidact

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:29:20 AM

He started the topic on Dirac so maybe it's bryce and he's no longer interested in this coin?  Or someone close to him that has equal thoughts on the subject... that's my guess anyway
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:30:07 AM

The fact of the matter is that people need incentives to actually actively tell people about Vericoin, and to encourage them to download the wallet, and BUY Vericoin.

What better way to do this than to reward people who actually get new users to start using Vercoin, than to reward them with Vericoin?

Now, for this to work it would go hand in hand with Verification, this would prevent exploitation, as only once a new user has been verified, would rewards be paid to the referrer.

Thoughts?

Interesting idea...I like it!
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:30:16 AM

Just bought another modest amount. Traded a couple of good lots for small profit earlier too. We might be in a tight channel for a little while.
MAD945

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:31:45 AM

He started the topic on Dirac so maybe it's bryce and he's no longer interested in this coin?  Or someone close to him that has equal thoughts on the subject... that's my guess anyway

If it was Bryce, that would explain why he was sooooo vocal about Vericoin hack
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:32:36 AM

Thoughts?

sounds like a government plan, how about for people that would not want their name on another database ? That wouldnt make it very fair. Sound like 2 separate ideas, 1 for verification/reward and another referral /reward
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:35:25 AM

Thoughts?

I like it but as a secondary step to verification. Much more secondary.

Truth is that VRC should not be desperate about new users/investors. That should be part of a general strategy of much, much wider proportions, but yes, why not, a referral program is advisable and quite interesting. But first we have to have VERY CLEAR, where VRC is going. Which are -if they remain- the primary objectives and what will be the path, regardless what the markets do.

That is not to say that flexibility should be abandoned, on the contrary. The coin will continue suffering growing pains for sure and devs should adapt to whatever new challenges/circumstances, but the general vision should remain above all. That's the anchor of the stakeholders. That's the support thjat will stay through thick and thin, regardless what the price of the coin is.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:37:30 AM

Thoughts?

sounds like a government plan, how about for people that would not want their name on another database ? That wouldnt make it very fair. Sound like 2 separate ideas, 1 for verification/reward and another referral /reward

Or, maybe, people who don't want their names in another data base, should perhaps consider investing in Darkcoin instead. It would seem a more appropriate fitting... Or any of teh gazillion coins that offer anon features already.
MAD945

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:40:55 AM

I think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves...

We should be sticking to the main idea of verified transactions and anonymous transactions

VeriSend = Verified transactions in the blockchain, one wallet linked to a Verified Identity and a Vericoin ID Number...maybe some kinda of rating system for trusted users. Maybe verified users would gain more interest, and incentive to be a trusted user.

VeriShield = Completely Decenterilized Anonymous transactions...can create as many wallets as needed.

Again ZERO transaction Fees...

Also Vericoin needs to be as secure as humanly possible...the wallet needs password to send, 2FA, multisig. Encryption up the wazzzoooo

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:46:51 AM

Thoughts?

Glad to hear it =)

I feel that currently the only people involved in Vericoin, are crypto traders. While that's to be expected currently as it is in its infancy, if it is to ever achieve its goal of being a mainstream currency, it needs to be pushed on to new users. Or even sooner, pushed on to current users of crypto!

For me, I'm not going to tell my fellow crypto enthusiast, that they should look at using Vericoin for their online payments because it is accepted anywhere Bitcoin is =/ That just wont fly. Faster transactions times are great (it is really great BTW), but people need an incentive to actually use things like Veribit and to encourage new users to do the same.

Now the tricky part is to balance the reward against the longevity of the coin. Obviously you don't want to be causing excessive inflation to the coin due to the reward program. So how could it be achieved?

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:50:00 AM

Thoughts?

As I said, it is optional. For those who don't want their names listed, don't get verified. Simple as that.

My point was that the verification system could be used to easily prevent exploitation of the referral program. If people are afraid of getting their names listed against their transactions for fear of government tracking, then they simply wont get any referral rewards.

MAD945

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:00:33 AM

How bout a monthly bonus of extra interest for referrals?
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 05:05:09 AM

We should be sticking to the main idea of verified transactions and anonymous transactions

VeriSend = Verified transactions in the blockchain, one wallet linked to a Verified Identity and a Vericoin ID Number...maybe some kinda of rating system for trusted users. Maybe verified users would gain more interest, and incentive to be a trusted user.

VeriShield = Completely Decenterilized Anonymous transactions...can create as many wallets as needed.

Also Vericoin needs to be as secure as humanly possible...the wallet needs password to send, 2FA, multisig. Encryption up the wazzzoooo

Absolutely agree with the security necessity. passwords, 2FA, encryption, possibly even email verification for larger transactions. The more the better IMO.

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:12:46 AM

The devs should also rename these options to make them more comprehensible to the average person and beginner.

Anonymous transactions should be called VeriAnon.

And the verified transactions should be called VeriFied.

This would add to the first time usage functionality of the wallet.

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:18:14 AM

and if it's going to be called VeriAnon, it would have to have high standards in the anonymity department.

If Doug mentioned that he has ideas on how to make the best anon, then why hold that back? And when it's done, call it VeriAnon.

Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: