Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:04:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:10:04 AM

FYI: To those claiming we made a poor decision to roll back-

Navajocoin rolled back their blockchain BECAUSE someone 51% attacked. Both Bittrex and Bter were attacked, it looks like. Now they will likely be delisted from several exchanges and the coin is inches away from death.

We specifically rolled back to prevent the possibility for a 51% attack by an illicit group. This action likely saved VeriCoin from what would have been imminent death.

Please take some time to read about Navajocoin's predicament. They did it without telling anyone about it. We were as open as we could possibly be. VeriCoin has not been 51% attacked, Navajo was.

You showed great ethics and morals in your early hours after the event. You did anything a responsible, civil person would. You guys don't get enough praise. Doug, David, You, and the Doge developer who came to the aid. A big 2 thumbs up!

Now we have to start figuring out the bigger picture of how to stop these attacks from bringing down crypto.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:45:32 AM

2 days  yo.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:57:35 AM

I guess the 3-4 fudders who kept vrc at the top of the forums posting 12 hours straight 5 times a page finally all bought after getting their victims to sell to them.

Was actually very impressive how badly they wanted to buy.  No sane person posts the way smoothie and crew did without needing/wanting to buy a substantial amount.

Why do people assume (and make accusations with no proof) that I wanted to buy a substantial amount of VRC?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I own 0 VRC and will never buy a single one ever.

REASONING: I would not ever want to be a part of the catastrophic effects of a rollback in the future should a massive hack/scam/theft happen related to VRC.

My posting has much to do with pointing out BS and calling things as I see it. If you knew my reputation on this forum you would know what is how I operated from day 1.

Tell me about which part of the rollback is catastrophic.

In the future a merchant could take payment in VRC and a huge hack comes along...rollback...oops VRC gone from your wallet even thought you sold goods.

Please explain to me how this is different from the risk every credit card accepting merchant faces every day.

What risk are you talking about exactly?

Chargeback. More commonly known to those outside the industry as a 'dispute'. Credit cards are weighted in the consumers' favor by a substantial margin, and having a transaction reversed is pretty commonplace.

Selling goods or services for an agreed amount and then having the transaction reversed is pretty much a standard cost of business for any merchant, and occurs far more often than a rollback.

Hell, more counterfeit currency is accepted daily than the total dollar amount of the transactions effected by the rollback.

In other words, why should a merchant be afraid of a loss in a transaction when they already assume far greater risk of loss every day?

You presume all merchants like the fact that they can get a chargeback.

Personally as a merchant myself I dont like chargebacks. I honor what I say I will do and accept only cryptos that have a track record that I trust not to do that.

Your definition of "standard" is not necessarily what people would do as oppose to what they are required to work with.

Just like how we in the US do not have a choice but to use Dollars as the currency for most debts private and public and for payment.

Just because it is a "standard" doesn't make it morally right nor does it mean that it is the way things should be.

Ask any merchant if they like having charge backs. I suspect you will find very few that enjoy getting a chargeback especially if they held up their end of the deal and delivered the goods.

In my scenario it would assume I sent goods to another user for payment in VRC...then a huge VRC scam takes place...then a roll back occurs and I do not have my VRC because of the roll back. Now tell me how that would be a fair/standard situation which is what we are really discussing as opposed to your "every day business" scenario? How?

Could you please try a bit harder.

There are so many holes in NEARLY ALL your arguments and Logic it makes you look incompetent.

Okay well let's just be vague and not actually address what I wrote. If there are so many holes why did you not point them all out?

You look incompetent for not being able to debate properly. Nice try but not wasting time with you. lol  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:59:30 AM

Navajocoin rolled back their blockchain BECAUSE someone 51% attacked. Both Bittrex and Bter were attacked, it looks like. Now they will likely be delisted from several exchanges and the coin is inches away from death.

We specifically rolled back to prevent the possibility for a 51% attack by an illicit group. This action likely saved VeriCoin from what would have been imminent death.

Please take some time to read about Navajocoin's predicament. They did it without telling anyone about it. We were as open as we could possibly be. VeriCoin has not been 51% attacked, Navajo was.

I could of swore the reason you rolled it back was because people lost money as well.

Let's not leave that part out, Mr. Bernanke.

On your point about Navajocoin...if they did that oh well I guess they are no different. Let's not play the card where you justify your actions by comparing and contrasting by bringing up another coin that did not tell anyone in an attempt to shield (divert attention) from the obvious part where you played as central monetary planner.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:20:08 AM

I could of swore the reason you rolled it back was because people lost money as well.

On your point about Navajocoin...if they did that oh well I guess they are no different. Let's not play the card where you justify your actions by comparing and contrasting by bringing up another coin that did not tell anyone in an attempt to shield (divert attention) from the obvious part where you played as central monetary planner.

https://i.imgur.com/FPPNoQe.jpg
tgbc00

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:24:46 AM

Mac:
We recommend deleting any current VeriCoin application if you have one.  Also delete everything but wallet.dat from user/library/applicationsupport/vericoin. Now put these two files in that directory as well: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vericoin.conf http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat.
Right click on "vericoin.conf.txt" and go to Get Info, now change the extension from "vericoin.conf.txt" to "vericoin.conf".  Open up the new VeriCoin install and you will sit at the splash screen for 30-60 minutes while the whole blockchain loads up.

Hello!  I need some help.  Thanks in advance.  

I can't get my new wallet to sync.  I'm using OSX.  I did the instructions posted here and what is posted on vericoin.info.  I even tried putting the VeriCoin-Qt.app file in the /Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/VeriCoin folder.  I'm getting the following message.

ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=50ebe17d8a31da8376c0
Loaded 108767 blocks from external file in 1461717ms
Loading addresses...
ERROR: CAddrman::Read() : open failed
Invalid or missing peers.dat; recreating
Loaded 0 addresses from peers.dat  0ms
mapBlockIndex.size() = 108724
nBestHeight = 107679
setKeyPool.size() = 100
mapWallet.size() = 11
mapAddressBook.size() = 1
ThreadDNSAddressSeed started
Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
ThreadIRCSeed exited
ThreadSocketHandler started
ThreadOpenAddedConnections started
ThreadOpenConnections started
ThreadMessageHandler started
ThreadStakeMinter started
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  1ms
Done loading
refreshWallet
Added 1 addresses from ::: 0 tried, 1 new
trying connection 107.170.140.210:58685 lastseen=80.8hrs
connect() failed after select(): Connection refused
trying connection 107.170.140.210:58685 lastseen=362659.1hrs
connect() failed after select(): Connection refused
trying connection 107.170.140.210:58685 lastseen=80.8hrs

lucates

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:05:59 AM

U crying all time no one want to listen you go make shit on other tread!

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:06:53 AM

LMAO, You're a joke and so is your coin. You cant mess with the blockchain and then think you'll make it to mainstream adoption. Who's going to take a chance and except vericoin when they can chose one of the hundreds that have not broken the first rule of crypto!!! You're radioactive!

Just my $0.2

setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:15:57 AM

What's up with the Vericoin Mining Pool? I don't get any payouts and my shares descent  Cry

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:22:09 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 06:56:56 AM by CodeHunter

mainstream adoption

The chances of your extremist crypto rules making it to the mainstream are as low as the Tea Party making it to the mainstream.

Joe average doesn't like to lose his money.

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:37:27 AM

LMAO, You're a joke and so is your coin. You cant mess with the blockchain and then think you'll make it to mainstream adoption. Who's going to take a chance and except vericoin when they can chose one of the hundreds that have not broken the first rule of crypto!!! You're radioactive!

Just my $0.2

First rule of crypto? Sorry did I miss an orientation or something? Where's this magical rule book you speak of?

All through out history the winners have all been rule breakers, this is the only way society has evolved for the better!
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:44:02 AM

Crypto technology just started, we've yet to understand it fully.

The next few decades will be even more revolutionary and eye opening.

The more you think you know, the less you know.

ALBORCA

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:48:11 AM

chart for vrc/btc on from mintpal on bitcoinwisdom is horrible after someone sold at 0.0011 btc ...can someone contact mintpal to take that transaction out!!? Roll Eyes Huh

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [D]ecentralized application [E]liminated third parties [C]ontent distribution
  █ DECENT FOUNDATION    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   JOIN NOW! ICO ⏰ 10th of September
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [E]ncrypted & secure         [N]o borders                  [T]imeless reputation
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:13:11 AM

ya the sell walls were really thin at that time when they opened.

keshuker

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

aka. dibdab

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:51:37 AM

I love the logic in here

It goes something like this:

VRC rolled back to save our money, that means it shows we are a safer coin to invest in, we wont let thieves get away with it. BUY VRC!!

So will VRC rollback every time in the future to protect its investors? No this was the only time they saved the holders money, but BUT BUY VRC!!

ROLLBACK HALLELUJAH !! PNOSKER WE LOVE YOU !!

If you disagree: FUD GTFO

GridWorker

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:55:51 AM

Who's going to take a chance and accept vericoin when they can choose one of the hundreds that would die at the first hack!!! You're radioactive!

Just my $0.000000002

Fixed. Cheesy

Fixed your spelling errors too. Shocked

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
pingdigi

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:11:15 AM

Who's going to take a chance and except vericoin when they can chose one of the hundreds that have not broken the first rule of crypto!!! You're radioactive!

The only rules that cannot be broken are the ones that cannot be broken. You can't create coins without mining them because of cryptography, so that's a rule. But you can rollback the blockchain. You can decide to reissue a wallet that will mine more coins past an arbitrary amount.

If you want your precious "first rule of crypto" to be enforced, show me some code that makes it impossible to do a rollback.
kicker

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:38:39 AM

Honestly I cannot understand why people keep answering scum like Bobsurplus, or trying to reason with people like smoothie and their army of alts.

After ignoring them for more than a week this thread has become so much better

It's been less than a week for me and it makes a world of difference browsing the thread.   Though smoothie I have to vouch just has his opinions on how he sees things, while overall he obviously wants Vericoin to fail and basically has said as much, he doesn't do it with shit posts with no content or large meme images.   It's sometimes good to hear other opinions on things imo.

My current ignore list:
SkyValeey
Bobsurplus
keshuker
mrkavasaki
ItsNotMe
CodeHunter

Thanks
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:19:35 AM

chart for vrc/btc on from mintpal on bitcoinwisdom is horrible after someone sold at 0.0011 btc ...can someone contact mintpal to take that transaction out!!? Roll Eyes Huh

not sure if this is a joke or not.. but you can't seriously be serious??

The next 24 hours are critical!
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:49:56 AM

I love the logic in here

It goes something like this:

VRC rolled back to save our money, that means it shows we are a safer coin to invest in, we wont let thieves get away with it. BUY VRC!!

So will VRC rollback every time in the future to protect its investors? No this was the only time they saved the holders money, but BUT BUY VRC!!

ROLLBACK HALLELUJAH !! PNOSKER WE LOVE YOU !!

If you disagree: FUD GTFO

its true.. people are assuming the coin (and exchanges) to be safer and yet the hack has proven that it is far less safe than people had thought.

frankly I am quite shocked at how apathetically Mintpal users have reacted...

when someone survives a heart attack they usually do try take extra precautions to maintain their health.. but that doesn't mean that in any way are they safer. the fact that you had one makes it more likely that you will have another one.

mintpal is the single point of failure for this coin and many others that share the PoS implementation.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: