Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:28:37 PM

Couldn't take the stupidity pouring from barabbas anymore IGNORED, but in a parting response I will elaborate I despise IE because of all the PROVEN scamming he has done and how much FUD he spreads to manipulate markets in his favor and how he just in general doesn't do anything but borderline criminal activities and drag crypto down.

As for me "not bringing anything to the table"

1. I NEVER claimed to be a developer, in fact I have made it clear that I CAN NOT code so I help in other ways, like providing moderation and support on the IRC chan, marketing VRC in social media, fighting FUD trolls like you on the forums, oh and lets not forget the $$$ I have helped raise for the Devs with "my silver"

2. I act as a community liaison between people that have important questions and or comments for the Devs and relay them, while im "doing nothing" on the hangouts, I am organizing, screening, and passing along questions, so do yourself a favor and don't try to talk shit about things you don't know anything about little boy.

and finally 3. I hate ALL of the recent presidents we have had so far they are all like you/IE They are lying, stealing, manipulating pieces of shit that I am ashamed to have represent and lead America and that I have NO respect for. As far as I am concerned our last GREAT president was JFK.

So in closing,

Barabbas you need to really think before you talk shit because most of the time you have no idea what you are talking about and the other part of the time you are obviously lying.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:38:30 PM

Couldn't take the stupidity pouring from barabbas anymore IGNORED, but in a parting response I will elaborate I despise IE because of all the PROVEN scamming he has done and how much FUD he spreads to manipulate markets in his favor and how he just in general doesn't do anything but borderline criminal activities and drag crypto down.

1. I NEVER claimed to be a developer, in fact I have made it clear that I CAN NOT code so I help in other ways, like providing moderation and support on the IRC chan, marketing VRC in social media, fighting FUD trolls like you on the forums, oh and lets not forget the $$$ I have helped raise for the Devs with "my silver"

2. I act as a community liaison between people that have important questions and or comments for the Devs and relay them, while im "doing nothing" on the hangouts, I am organizing, screening, and passing along questions, so do yourself a favor and don't try to talk shit about things you don't know anything about little boy.

and finally 3. I hate ALL of the recent presidents we have had so far they are all like you/IE They are lying, stealing, manipulating pieces of shit that I am ashamed to have represent and lead America and that I have NO respect for. As far as I am concerned our last GREAT president was JFK.

So in closing,

Barabbas you need to really think before you talk shit because most of the time you have no idea what you are talking about and the other part of the time you are obviously lying.

OK Ashton, so you won't answer the very simple questions: Are you a racist? very simple. You can't stand IE because he's black, pure and simple. Neither Obama for iden tical reason. That is quite simple. But you simply will not have the BALLS to accept it, little boy. Call it like it is? That's for MEN, not for boys.

How much do you get from every silver coin you  sell... besides what you give the "for the devs". The rest, boy, is just personal hatred for I SUPPORT VRC fully. So you just feed your hatred  under the guise of "moderating". Truth is you are an insignificant tool craving any kind of representation anywhere, even at the expense of exposing those and many other limitations while doing so.

I'd be only too glad if you would keep me on ignore as you have pretended already once or twice before. You simply won't (hatred).

What you will do, again, is offering a dispense of "wall-to-wall counseling". That you would, instead of facing up to what you are and what you are trying to get here... which by now is quite clear to everyone.
socal

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:39:22 PM

lolol "This user is currently ignored" is such sweet bliss keep on talking to yourself barabbas cause I can't see nor care about what you are posting

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

A friendly reminder to those with coins on an exchange. Please stake them to support the network and gain interest, or get them into personal storage. Not only is this a much safer course of action, it provides safety to our blockchain by not leaving big targets on us for hackers at exchanges. Doing great everyone. The distribution continues of VeriCoin to a growing community.

Please everyone who is having personal attacks can we refrain? By doing this we continue to create a environment that says its okay. If its not okay with you, do not continue conversations that lead down a detrimental path. Instead do your part to do something positive today. Tweet, Share news stories. If you are a good writer, write articles. If you have connections, get connected and make things happen!

If you want to encourage a conversation about what we can do to make VeriCoin better it would be a great time to start. We are slowly losing the eyes and interest of the crypto world, without giving ourselves any chance to take advantage of our unfortunate situation resulting from Mintpal's lack of security. I tried to get the story out. I had tweets and emails but as you probably already know, English is not my strong suit Smiley I have spent a few minutes everyday doing something to promote VeriCoin.

Do you know how many people have left crypto because they never had a chance to invest in something they "trust"? I gave up on coins and investing in them a while ago. Something about this coin, and the opportunity we have here to push crypto forward got me excited again. While I feel we are fighting for something much more than just our coin sometimes.

It feels like we have took a path less traveled. As with any path like this. The leaders blaze a trail through the murky depths where others are afraid to go, or have not gone in the past. Not everyone is willing to follow. Its very scary to travel, or invest in the unknown. Once the path is clear for others, and the choice is obvious the rest of the money will find its home.

You guys, We all have the chance to be a part of crypto history. The lore of VeriCoin will be heard round' crypto for years to come. You all at this point in your lives have the ability to believe in something bigger than a coin. If you choose to put your faith and time on the line here, You are working to forge a crypto culture that is going to bring in mainstream values to crypto currency.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:44:46 PM

lolol "This user is currently ignored" is such sweet bliss keep on talking to yourself barabbas cause I can't see nor care about what you are posting

If that were true, you would make this guy a bit happier... as long as you stop provoking more answers from my, little racist boy.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:56:44 PM

We must continue to push on forward. I see a very active @adult on twitter giving away vericoin like its nobodies business, I see others on VRC radio and many other ways that people are working to grow the community.

It is working, what we are doing as a community, the efforts we are all taking are adding up, BUT WE CAN DO MORE! The wallet count is growing, coins are being distributed to the people outside of the top 1,000 wallets which is great for VeriCoin.

We are at a critical time where VeriCoin can brand itself to the crypto community, or we can let the crypto community brand us.

It's a chance to separate us from the 1,000+ other crypto's that offer no real value. We must make VeriCoin's strengths a focal point and create awareness / momentum. While we must also work even harder at our weaknesses. So for now we know as a community our 1 thing we can do to keep our network safe, and that is to stake our coins and commit to the future of VeriCoin. Do what you can to create a conversation, grow awareness, do something, because every little bit helps when the whole community is united behind a goal.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:57:36 PM

Jeez...  Can u you guys just stop please.  Everyone who's using vrc is a welcome guest.  
Please separate market from fundamentals.  
This coin is sexy and I can't wait for it to overtake the cryptocoin scene.

Mark my words guys in several years we will discuss on veritalk  with +10k members on how to support development  country's by involve them into the vericoin economy.
I believe that for my own that PoS coin are superior because I think there can be created hyper ASICS by gov which can easily 51% bitcoin and Co.
PoS on the other hand can only be by buying a enormous amount of this coin and it get everytime  harder  because by buying  the coin you pump the price. And also why you would want to destroy a coin which you 51 percent of.
So there you go the Bitcoin of PoS coins is not set yet.  So lets make that be Vericoin.  

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:04:01 PM

Jeez...  Can u you guys just stop please.  Everyone who's using vrc is a welcome guest.  
Please separate market from fundamentals.  
This coin is sexy and I can't wait for it to overtake the cryptocoin scene.

Mark my words guys in several years we will discuss on veritalk  with +10k members on how to support development  country's by involve them into the vericoin economy.
I believe that for my own that PoS coin are superior because I think there can be created hyper ASICS by gov which can easily 51% bitcoin and Co.
PoS on the other hand can only be by buying a enormous amount of this coin and it get everytime  harder  because by buying  the coin you pump the price. And also why you would want to destroy a coin which you 51 percent of.
So there you go the Bitcoin of PoS coins is not set yet.  So lets make that be Vericoin.  

"Veri" constructive post, and you touched some interesting point of view that i never thought that myself Smiley ty.

leckey

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:04:34 PM

Hello everybody.

We just created a new cryptocoin related Forum, completely built on Node.js .

You're welcome to open a new thread for your coin & community on http://5.101.107.239:4567/

Our conception is second generation minded: scalability, speed, lightness, security.

We are proud to announce the opening beta of CRYPTOBBFORUM !

We will open registration for the first 150/200 users and test for beta testing purposes. Next we'll open it to the public!

Please connect to http://5.101.107.239:4567/ and try it out!  

Any feedback and suggestion are welcome.

CryptoSkills Team
. Wink

Might want to invest in a domain name. And a better server set-up that serves node on port 80.....

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:19:23 PM

A friendly reminder to those with coins on an exchange. Please stake them to support the network and gain interest, or get them into personal storage. Not only is this a much safer course of action, it provides safety to our blockchain by not leaving big targets on us for hackers at exchanges. Doing great everyone. The distribution continues of VeriCoin to a growing community.

Please everyone who is having personal attacks can we refrain? By doing this we continue to create a environment that says its okay. If its not okay with you, do not continue conversations that lead down a detrimental path. Instead do your part to do something positive today. Tweet, Share news stories. If you are a good writer, write articles. If you have connections, get connected and make things happen!

If you want to encourage a conversation about what we can do to make VeriCoin better it would be a great time to start. We are slowly losing the eyes and interest of the crypto world, without giving ourselves any chance to take advantage of our unfortunate situation resulting from Mintpal's lack of security. I tried to get the story out. I had tweets and emails but as you probably already know, English is not my strong suit Smiley I have spent a few minutes everyday doing something to promote VeriCoin.

Do you know how many people have left crypto because they never had a chance to invest in something they "trust"? I gave up on coins and investing in them a while ago. Something about this coin, and the opportunity we have here to push crypto forward got me excited again. While I feel we are fighting for something much more than just our coin sometimes.

It feels like we have took a path less traveled. As with any path like this. The leaders blaze a trail through the murky depths where others are afraid to go, or have not gone in the past. Not everyone is willing to follow. Its very scary to travel, or invest in the unknown. Once the path is clear for others, and the choice is obvious the rest of the money will find its home.

You guys, We all have the chance to be a part of crypto history. The lore of VeriCoin will be heard round' crypto for years to come. You all at this point in your lives have the ability to believe in something bigger than a coin. If you choose to put your faith and time on the line here, You are working to forge a crypto culture that is going to bring in mainstream values to crypto currency.

In general, I agree with you in what you just posted.

But lets not kid ourselves: As you and anyone can easily see, the personal emotional levels, as well as past histories will come forward at any instance of conflict. It's just the nature of the internet beast. And the crypto coins, where the unabashed fan boys will make of their support a blind religion inevitably in conflict with those who, even if interested or even supportive, choose -or are bound to have- a more discriminatory approach.

I have supported this dev team because they came out clean and I believe -at the risk of maybe be proven wrong, who knows- what they have said so far is true. But not ALL that they have said and definitely not all of what they have done, is deserving of my personal support. And this is a forum where everyone should be entitled to post whatever they want related to a coin they are invested in. Everyone here is tired and sick already of the "roll back" conversation, so no need to bring it back... unless it is as a reference. people well known in the crypto world have been very critical of the "roll back", like Bryce Weiner, for instance. Or the Lee guy from Litecoin. The entire fanboy club at Blackcoin was, for days, circling the wagons here, as the carrion vultures they have proven to be -long before VRC-. Yes it is positive to, at some point, ignore your enemies, but what you cannot do -or I believe that you shouldn't do- is pretending like the reasons for the confrontation have disappeared. Because they have not. Mr. Lee may "have a reason" to so severely attack Nokster publicly, but that is his reason just like mine -and tens of thousands of others- to defend what the dev team was forced to do, the rollback. But Lee and me (and the rest that adheres to that position) have very solid opinions that happen to be irreconcilable, so no amount of pictures at conventions, nor "family dispenses" will change that. We are, in fact, in direct opposite parts of a situation: Lee wants to defend the traditional position, by which VRC would have disappeared, a thief would have made a lot of money for thieving without any accountability, and Mr. Lee would have continue going merrily about his life wille thousands of investors would have lost all of their investments. Me and many others, on the other side of that spectrum, support actions by the devs that safeguarded the coin, the investment, left the thief without a penny from his thievery and, more importantly, set ANOTHER new standard by which measures would be taken in the event of major thievery... which is something many, many people support.

In other words, you cannot please all the people all the time. And you MUST stand your ground if you want to show conviction in your acts. YOU MUST CHOOSE SIDES.

By the same token, posing for pictures with Rokhlin HAS implications. He has a most than muddy past (and present). He is a scammer, as posted everywhere on these forums. Posing with him is not exactly an endorsement of his activities, that is clear, but it is more of that than a condemnation of them, isn't it? You may believe the many charges or may not, that's up to you personally, but as a dev team for VRC you must take all these circumstances into consideration.

I believe the market is flat, after Chicago, in no small part due to these confusing actions by the devs who amount, in some way, to throw the stone but somewhat try to hide the hand. The community have supported their decisions fully. They should represent the community who paid for them to be in Chicago, NOT to "get along" with their most acerbic critics of those who can easily dirty the reputation of Vericoin.

Being the good guys doesn't come without a cost, as you can see.
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:22:02 PM

Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:22:54 PM

So in closing,

Hey man i just want to throw you some advice. This is just coming from me, so take it for what it's worth. I know I hate free advice when it's not asked for, so I should probably just keep my mouth shut. But meh, I can't keep quiet anymore.

You need to realize you represent a brand and in doing so, you need to learn to control your anger. I have only been following this coin really for about a month now, closely, and I have to say you have been a big turn off for me.  You constantly tell people to fuck off, shut up, or go away. I go by a different user name in the IRC channel but on multiple occasions you've given me lip when I've tried to bring up legitimate concerns. I know altcoins aren't a business but the reality is; every time you open your mouth you're speaking on behalf of vericoin. To investors, potential investors and community supporters. Please keep that in mind. If it's YOUR JOB to be the liaison between people and the devs... well I think the devs have made a poor choice in having you represent their coin.

You need to learn how to act professional, shut your mouth, and be kind to others when you are representing a brand. I can say whatever the fuck I want because I'm the customer. When I'm at my job, representing my company - I put on my game face. If someone tells me to fuck off I simply smile and say thank you. It's not that people don't get under my skin but again when you are REPRESENTING A BRAND you need to shut your mouth and keep your thoughts to yourself.

I would seriously punch you in the face if I was standing next to you in person and heard your point #3 in regards to our Presidents. I'm as red as it gets when it comes to politics and have pretty much disagreed with 100% of Obama's decisions. But I still have too much respect for Mr. President to call him what you did. There are plenty of other people in this world that would sacrifice everything they have to be part of this country. If you're SO unhappy with all of our Presidents, why don't you just please leave our country - I think we'd be just fine without you.
socal

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:41:25 PM

So in closing,

Hey man i just want to throw you some advice. This is just coming from me, so take it for what it's worth. I know I hate free advice when it's not asked for, so I should probably just keep my mouth shut. But meh, I can't keep quiet anymore.

You need to realize you represent a brand and in doing so, you need to learn to control your anger. I have only been following this coin really for about a month now, closely, and I have to say you have been a big turn off for me.  You constantly tell people to fuck off, shut up, or go away. I go by a different user name in the IRC channel but on multiple occasions you've given me lip when I've tried to bring up legitimate concerns. I know altcoins aren't a business but the reality is; every time you open your mouth you're speaking on behalf of vericoin. To investors, potential investors and community supporters. Please keep that in mind. If it's YOUR JOB to be the liaison between people and the devs... well I think the devs have made a poor choice in having you represent their coin.

You need to learn how to act professional, shut your mouth, and be kind to others when you are representing a brand. I can say whatever the fuck I want because I'm the customer. When I'm at my job, representing my company - I put on my game face. If someone tells me to fuck off I simply smile and say thank you. It's not that people don't get under my skin but again when you are REPRESENTING A BRAND you need to shut your mouth and keep your thoughts to yourself.

I would seriously punch you in the face if I was standing next to you in person and heard your point #3 in regards to our Presidents. I'm as red as it gets when it comes to politics and have pretty much disagreed with 100% of Obama's decisions. But I still have too much respect for Mr. President to call him what you did. There are plenty of other people in this world that would sacrifice everything they have to be part of this country. If you're SO unhappy with all of our Presidents, why don't you just please leave our country - I think we'd be just fine without you.

Grin THANK YOU

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
webay

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:42:42 PM

So in closing,

This^^

I've brought it up before, but if any other coin wanted to dig up dirt on VeriCoin(us) they can look no further than Socal, who apparently has some sort of title with the devs. Makes me ashamed as well with what was said. I suggested to him that he can simply sign into another account and say whatever he wants, so if he doesn't have the restraint to do that, why is he part of the community team for a coin with a $6mil+ market cap?
socal

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:45:21 PM

I have NO title I am NOT a Dev

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

Outside the developers, there is no official anything at the moment. There are plenty of members of the community that are contributing greatly, but they do not represent the development of the coin.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:46:54 PM

So in closing,

Grin THANK YOU

haha that was the best answer ever Grin thanks!!
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:48:56 PM

Outside the developers, there is no official anything at the moment. There are plenty of members of the community that are contributing greatly, but they do not represent the development of the coin.

Well I do appreciate you pointing this out. I guess when I see him part of the Google Hangouts as well as supporting all mediums of your coin it's hard for me to separate the two.
koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:48:58 PM

So in closing,

This^^

I've brought it up before, but if any other coin wanted to dig up dirt on VeriCoin(us) they can look no further than Socal, who apparently has some sort of title with the devs. Makes me ashamed as well with what was said. I suggested to him that he can simply sign into another account and say whatever he wants, so if he doesn't have the restraint to do that, why is he part of the community team for a coin with a $6mil+ market cap?

Hello barabbas. Why did you make a new account?
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:50:04 PM

In general, I agree with you in what you just posted.

But lets not kid ourselves: As you and anyone can easily see, the personal emotional levels, as well as past histories will come forward at any instance of conflict. It's just the nature of the internet beast. And the crypto coins, where the unabashed fan boys will make of their support a blind religion inevitably in conflict with those who, even if interested or even supportive, choose -or are bound to have- a more discriminatory approach.

I have supported this dev team because they came out clean and I believe -at the risk of maybe be proven wrong, who knows- what they have said so far is true. But not ALL that they have said and definitely not all of what they have done, is deserving of my personal support. And this is a forum where everyone should be entitled to post whatever they want related to a coin they are invested in. Everyone here is tired and sick already of the "roll back" conversation, so no need to bring it back... unless it is as a reference. people well known in the crypto world have been very critical of the "roll back", like Bryce Weiner, for instance. Or the Lee guy from Litecoin. The entire fanboy club at Blackcoin was, for days, circling the wagons here, as the carrion vultures they have proven to be -long before VRC-. Yes it is positive to, at some point, ignore your enemies, but what you cannot do -or I believe that you shouldn't do- is pretending like the reasons for the confrontation have disappeared. Because they have not. Mr. Lee may "have a reason" to so severely attack Nokster publicly, but that is his reason just like mine -and tens of thousands of others- to defend what the dev team was forced to do, the rollback. But Lee and me (and the rest that adheres to that position) have very solid opinions that happen to be irreconcilable, so no amount of pictures at conventions, nor "family dispenses" will change that. We are, in fact, in direct opposite parts of a situation: Lee wants to defend the traditional position, by which VRC would have disappeared, a thief would have made a lot of money for thieving without any accountability, and Mr. Lee would have continue going merrily about his life wille thousands of investors would have lost all of their investments. Me and many others, on the other side of that spectrum, support actions by the devs that safeguarded the coin, the investment, left the thief without a penny from his thievery and, more importantly, set ANOTHER new standard by which measures would be taken in the event of major thievery... which is something many, many people support.

In other words, you cannot please all the people all the time. And you MUST stand your ground if you want to show conviction in your acts. YOU MUST CHOOSE SIDES.

By the same token, posing for pictures with Rokhlin HAS implications. He has a most than muddy past (and present). He is a scammer, as posted everywhere on these forums. Posing with him is not exactly an endorsement of his activities, that is clear, but it is more of that than a condemnation of them, isn't it? You may believe the many charges or may not, that's up to you personally, but as a dev team for VRC you must take all these circumstances into consideration.

I believe the market is flat, after Chicago, in no small part due to these confusing actions by the devs who amount, in some way, to throw the stone but somewhat try to hide the hand. The community have supported their decisions fully. They should represent the community who paid for them to be in Chicago, NOT to "get along" with their most acerbic critics of those who can easily dirty the reputation of Vericoin.

Being the good guys doesn't come without a cost, as you can see.

I do enjoy your criticism, very often I agree with what you have said lately. It is well thought out and I can tell you care. Where I see you may irritate others is that you have a tendancy to carry on about a subject that you are passionate about. Now do I think you are a,b,I, or E, Zero clue. What I do think is that we have a community that cares and right now we lack direction. Without direction everyone is running around with there head cut off, or even worse, taking it up on the fellow community.

A good place for us to start changing the tone around here would be to attain some goals and try to achieve them, some small tasks for the community. As much as I disagree with saying "news" when its a "its coming" apparently that's the way our current culture is. We are catering to the day traders with this attitude at the expense of the long term investors we seek. The people who want to make this a long term project need to take back control. Our community leaders need to step up if they are in charge, or consider helping another person move into the roll who may be a better fit for where VeriCoin wants to go.

Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: