Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:56:55 AM

*sigh* this is a dead horse that will never stop getting beaten the "proper fiat/wallet purchase implementation" that you speak of is, at this moment, IMPOSSIBLE to achieve since it requires SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS to get LICENSED by FINCen to enable this. SOOOO either drop it or cough up the couple hundred thousand dollars needed to achieve this....

As for the new website, it's coming dude just chill out. Three guys with day jobs and families/lives can't do everything you want when you want it. I wonder how many Bitcoin adopters were screaming about direct FIAT/wallet purchasing and a new BTC website three months or so after it was released...oh wait here we are about 5 yrs down the road and BTC STILL DOES NOT have the fiat/wallet feature? hmmmmmmmm they are obviously a scam with devs that dont care and want to drive the price down then...... Roll Eyes

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:00:12 AM

any selloff due to rollback decision was due to chumps giving into the fud articles published in the media from other sources(competitor coins). all of which have now suffering markets with no new development and are just bashing vericoin to join their club of crash. vericoin has no reason to have a problem as status is before the coins were hacked off mintpal.

who in the world would speak against a rollback that takes back stolen coins from thieves anyway?? LOL

we have saying here: "Thief from thief make the Gods laugh"

thiefs stole money, money was stolen back.. now you work for nothing hacking and stealing coins. GOOD!

vericoin i must say is currently one of if not THE MOST innovative currency with the greatest investment potential in cryptomarket. such dedicated and talented Devs. you really cant ask for more.. or you can go try your luck with the sea of shitcoins and their pump n dump schemes, their 51% hash exploits that dump on everyone else because they preplanned the whole thing.. or blackcoin manipulated market that noone is really interested in anymore. you have vericoin. dev's are known and deliver innovation after innovation. ive seen blackcoin doing so much new development and noone cares, really, they could promise a million dollar house to buy blackcoin and still get dumped lol. i also know the reason why merchants arent interested in their coin and it has to do with the foundation itself.

While I completely support the rollback decision and applaud the devs for handling it so so well. I must say that since then I've been very disappointed with new developments.

My thinking is that either the devs are in way over their heads with this and are struggling to keep up with promises and expectations, or that they actually want to see the price drop even further before building it back up with some new announcements and new developments.

Either outcome is not a great sign, but I hope it is the former and they can get back on track in due time =)

What exactaly are they (the devs) not delivering on? Everything they have stated, they have delivered. Everything.

The new website and a proper fiat wallet implementation just to name two. The involvement at the conference in Chicago was also overhyped imo.. I'm also dissapointed that they basically refuse to engage in discussion in this forum.

I'm invested in Vericoin too, I want it to succeed. But I'm wondering if I (and others here) are delusional about just how competent or dedicated the devs really are.

Proper Fiat implementation? Thy has said long ago, it would be via Moolah initially , and they provided that. Who over Hyped Chicago? You? Me? The dev's dident. They dont refuse to engage in discussion here, I have had multiple questions answered by the devs here in this very forum.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:03:47 AM

any selloff due to rollback decision was due to chumps giving into the fud articles published in the media from other sources(competitor coins). all of which have now suffering markets with no new development and are just bashing vericoin to join their club of crash. vericoin has no reason to have a problem as status is before the coins were hacked off mintpal.

who in the world would speak against a rollback that takes back stolen coins from thieves anyway?? LOL

we have saying here: "Thief from thief make the Gods laugh"

thiefs stole money, money was stolen back.. now you work for nothing hacking and stealing coins. GOOD!

vericoin i must say is currently one of if not THE MOST innovative currency with the greatest investment potential in cryptomarket. such dedicated and talented Devs. you really cant ask for more.. or you can go try your luck with the sea of shitcoins and their pump n dump schemes, their 51% hash exploits that dump on everyone else because they preplanned the whole thing.. or blackcoin manipulated market that noone is really interested in anymore. you have vericoin. dev's are known and deliver innovation after innovation. ive seen blackcoin doing so much new development and noone cares, really, they could promise a million dollar house to buy blackcoin and still get dumped lol. i also know the reason why merchants arent interested in their coin and it has to do with the foundation itself.

While I completely support the rollback decision and applaud the devs for handling it so so well. I must say that since then I've been very disappointed with new developments.

My thinking is that either the devs are in way over their heads with this and are struggling to keep up with promises and expectations, or that they actually want to see the price drop even further before building it back up with some new announcements and new developments.

Either outcome is not a great sign, but I hope it is the former and they can get back on track in due time =)

What exactaly are they (the devs) not delivering on? Everything they have stated, they have delivered. Everything.

The new website and a proper fiat wallet implementation just to name two. The involvement at the conference in Chicago was also overhyped imo.. I'm also dissapointed that they basically refuse to engage in discussion in this forum.

I'm invested in Vericoin too, I want it to succeed. But I'm wondering if I (and others here) are delusional about just how competent or dedicated the devs really are.

Proper Fiat implementation? Thy has said long ago, it would be via Moolah initially , and they provided that. Who over Hyped Chicago? You? Me? The dev's dident. They dont refuse to engage in discussion here, I have had multiple questions answered by the devs here in this very forum.

+ 100 Werd
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:04:26 AM

*sigh* this is a dead horse that will never stop getting beaten the "proper fiat/wallet purchase implementation" that you speak of is, at this moment, IMPOSSIBLE to achieve since it requires SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS to get LICENSED by FINCen to enable this. SOOOO either drop it or cough up the couple hundred thousand dollars needed to achieve this....

As for the new website, it's coming dude just chill out. Three guys with day jobs and families/lives can't do everything you want when you want it. I wonder how many Bitcoin adopters were screaming about direct FIAT/wallet purchasing and a new BTC website three months or so after it was released...oh wait here we are about 5 yrs down the road and BTC STILL DOES NOT have the fiat/wallet feature? hmmmmmmmm they are obviously a scam with devs that dont care and want to drive the price down then...... Roll Eyes

I'm not saying this is a scam coin or anything like that.. Don't be silly.

It's disappointing that the proper research in to exactly what would be required to implement the proper FIAT wallet wasn't done before announcing it as a feature.

I actually have an idea for how to implement the FIAT wallet without FINCen licensing. I'm not sure if it is exactly legal, but there is a way it could be done I believe.

I'm done with posting my ideas here and sending them to the devs and getting no response though.. If they want to hear it they can respond to my PMs..

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:06:38 AM

i dont know about that exactly. there may be other ways. as someone who has worked in the Point of Sale industry for years it's not impossible to get coding done that implements credit/debitcard to a cryptocurrency. i actually know devs who are capable of making this happen with full integration for barcode systems at checkout counters etc. since cryptocurrencies are considered a commodity it's much like buying a carton of milk in this regard using magnetic stripe readers etc that integrate with the banking system. itll just take a significant amount of preplanning.. but to state its impossible shows a lack of knowledge in this arena. just saying.
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:10:41 AM

i dont know about that exactly. there may be other ways. as someone who has worked in the Point of Sale industry for years it's not impossible to get coding done that implements credit/debitcard to a cryptocurrency. i actually know devs who are capable of making this happen with full integration for barcode systems at checkout counters etc. since cryptocurrencies are considered a commodity it's much like buying a carton of milk in this regard using magnetic stripe readers etc that integrate with the banking system. itll just take a significant amount of preplanning.. but to state its impossible shows a lack of knowledge in this arena. just saying.
If you implement credit to crypto, you're going to get defrauded left, right, and center...  I think you're sorely missing something here if you honestly think you could pull that off and not lose all of your money.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:12:04 AM

In regards to fiat purchases of VRC, you dont even need to use moolah. You can buy BTC on Cryptsy with fiat Cryptsy is FinCEN licensed, then buy VRC. Infact you can buy 100's of alts there (if you chose to with fiat), somthing that no other US based exchange has that I am aware of.
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:13:03 AM

If you implement credit to crypto, you're going to get defrauded left, right, and center...  I think you're sorely missing something here if you honestly think you could pull that off and not lose all of your money.

Why exactly would that be?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:13:45 AM

please explain more exactly how this defrauding will occur in your view?
phzi

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:15:44 AM

If you implement credit to crypto, you're going to get defrauded left, right, and center...  I think you're sorely missing something here if you honestly think you could pull that off and not lose all of your money.
Uh, what part he's missing, I couldn't tell you. But, performing an irreversible transaction (e.g. sending crypto) on the basis of payment via a reversible medium (e.g. credit card) is about as dumb as it gets in taking payments?

Although... maybe VRC devs will just offer rollbacks of the blockchain to reverse fraudulent VRC purchases with credit cards.  hahaha... ya.... *sigh*

You've heard of credit card fraud before... right?
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:15:55 AM

In regards to fiat purchases of VRC, you dont even need to use moolah. You can buy BTC on Cryptsy with fiat Cryptsy is FinCEN licensed, then buy VRC. Infact you can buy 100's of alts there (if you chose to with fiat), somthing that no other US based exchange has that I am aware of.

you actually have to tell them this? who doesnt know cryptsy is fincen licensed? theyve improved their service greatly over time i must say.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:17:50 AM

The coding is easy. It's the legal issues and red tape that's the problem.

Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:18:04 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 04:32:19 AM by Coinler

If you implement credit to crypto, you're going to get defrauded left, right, and center...  I think you're sorely missing something here if you honestly think you could pull that off and not lose all of your money.
Uh, what part he's missing, I couldn't tell you. But, performing an irreversible transaction (e.g. sending crypto) on the basis of payment via a reversible medium (e.g. credit card) is about as dumb as it gets in taking payments?

Although... maybe VRC devs will just offer rollbacks of the blockchain to reverse fraudulent VRC purchases with credit cards.  hahaha... ya.... *sigh*

ohh man that is ridiculous. are you familiar with various creditcard merchant technologies and their verification process? there are many ways to ensure that a creditcard isnt being fraudulently used and it's all a matter of the merchant verification process chosen. via insecure cards maybe yeah, but guess what.. u can disallow insecure card purchases and only accept secure ones. not rocket science.

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:19:14 AM

There are ways to prevent this, as has been already mentioned above, verification is the key.

Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:21:24 AM

There are ways to prevent this, as has been already mentioned above, verification is the key.

i blame flouride in the water supply LOL
Shill

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:28:25 AM

What's the next milestone for VRC?

Hopefully #VeriBank. Fingers crossed.
phzi

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:32:26 AM

You've got to be kidding me.  Bring your 3-tier verification processes.  You're still going to get defrauded if you allow crypto purchases with credit cards - period.  If you don't understand this, then you're just being ignorant.

But please, prove me wrong... (hint: you can't, I'm just going to enjoy watching you fail if you try)
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:37:59 AM

You've got to be kidding me.  Bring your 3-tier verification processes.  You're still going to get defrauded if you allow crypto purchases with credit cards - period.  If you don't understand this, then you're just being ignorant.

But please, prove me wrong... (hint: you can't, I'm just going to enjoy watching you fail if you try)

I'm talking about identity verification, not 2FA or any of that 'security' jazz. Though I believe that it is also important to have these in place.

With identity verification, the "merchant" (in this case Vericoin) would be able to win chargeback disputes by being able to provide proof that the card holder did indeed make the purchase and that the purchase was in fact genuine.

Simple.

sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:39:39 AM

I'm talking about identity verification, not 2FA or any of that 'security' jazz. Though I believe that it is also important to have these in place.

With identity verification, the "merchant" (in this case Vericoin) would be able to win chargeback disputes by being able to provide proof that the card holder did indeed make the purchase and that the purchase was in fact genuine.

Simple.

The developers already said that they are not going to do it. They will be using third parties such as Moolah.

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:40:03 AM

also I was saying the regulatory/licensing portion is impossible without massive fiat reserves, not the coding portion

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: