Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:08:33 AM

V.P.S.A

When dealing with "people" like bobsurplus and friends please press the Ignore button beneath their usernames on the left hand side of the screen. It not only prevents you getting infected with their own special brand of stupidity, but it saves the ozone layer, gets stray puppies adopted, and feeds hungry children, not to mention it preserves your sanity and makes this thread a better place. So please, DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!

This has been a Veri Public Service Announcement, thank you for your cooperation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:17:11 AM

<extra quoting removed to save space cause I hate huge ass quote chains>

You presume all merchants like the fact that they can get a chargeback.

Personally as a merchant myself I dont like chargebacks. I honor what I say I will do and accept only cryptos that have a track record that I trust not to do that.

Your definition of "standard" is not necessarily what people would do as oppose to what they are required to work with.

Just like how we in the US do not have a choice but to use Dollars as the currency for most debts private and public and for payment.

Just because it is a "standard" doesn't make it morally right nor does it mean that it is the way things should be.

Ask any merchant if they like having charge backs. I suspect you will find very few that enjoy getting a chargeback especially if they held up their end of the deal and delivered the goods.

In my scenario it would assume I sent goods to another user for payment in VRC...then a huge VRC scam takes place...then a roll back occurs and I do not have my VRC because of the roll back. Now tell me how that would be a fair/standard situation which is what we are really discussing as opposed to your "every day business" scenario? How?

Your argument is pretty flimsy there mate. I know plenty of merchants, business owners of various sizes, and while none of them obviously enjoy it, it is a potential cost of doing business, and they will be the first to tell you that. There are also laws on the books which allow them to mitigate losses suffered in those instances, and I don't think it far fetched to believe that those same laws could/will be extended to cover crypto transactions as it becomes more mainstream. If you as a 'merchant' only accept crypto, then I imagine your actual scope of understanding regarding this topic is at the very best, virtually non-existent.

The bottom line is that there is, and will always be, some chance of fraud when doing business, because we do not live in a perfect world. However people like you are here making the implication that this is not the case, when anyone who has ever owned  business knows it is completely and totally unavoidable.

Even if there was the chance of a potential rollback again in the future (and the odds of that are slim, lets be blunt it is being blown insanely out or proportion for an event that happened once), it still makes a Vericoin transaction statistically far safer by several orders of magnitude than other forms of transactions that they already accept, and like any other crypto, they already stand to save a fair bit in transaction fees by accepting it.

Comparatively speaking, this entire ordeal isn't even a blip on the radar of daily fraudulent activities, yet a handful of people here are treating it as if it were some kind of ultra high risk transaction when we all know it's not. At this point in time, I really have decided that such people are one of three things, intentionally FUDing the coin, completely out of touch with reality, or just plain stupid. I am positive you fall into one of these three categories, now we just need to find out which one...

┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:17:23 AM

Who's going to take a chance and except vericoin when they can chose one of the hundreds that have not broken the first rule of crypto!!! You're radioactive!

The only rules that cannot be broken are the ones that cannot be broken. You can't create coins without mining them because of cryptography, so that's a rule. But you can rollback the blockchain. You can decide to reissue a wallet that will mine more coins past an arbitrary amount.

If you want your precious "first rule of crypto" to be enforced, show me some code that makes it impossible to do a rollback.

actually the rule becomes stricter over time.. the more transactions that occur in a given time period the less possible it is to roll back the blockchain for that time period.. this is because it would cause significant financial damage to all those people who had made transactions during that period.

even if you change the code it would still be more difficult over time to get a majority of wallets to adopt the changes.

if you really wanted to you could engineer hardware wallets with storage that could only be written to once (like a CD rom), once you had enough of those devices out in the general public.. it would be physically impossible to roll back the block chain.

I suspect we may see an innovation like this in the future. hardware wallets built into phones that cannot be rolled back.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:23:46 AM

I suspect we may see an innovation like this in the future. hardware wallets built into phones that cannot be rolled back.
Yep, much innovation to come as a result of Vericoin actions. As stated, they will change the ecosystem.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:27:37 AM

Even if there was the chance of a potential rollback again in the future (and the odds of that are slim, lets be blunt it is being blown insanely out or proportion for an event that happened once),

a potential roll back isn't really the problem because that is only a temporary disruption to the network.
the bigger issue is not rolling back.

if an exchange gets hacked again and someone manages to buy, borrow or steal enough coins to get them over the 51% of staked coins mark and the devs do not step in to roll back and force them out, then they will be able to fork the coin endlessly.

in other words.. perpetual roll back and double spend... also known in the fiat world as perpetual chargeback.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:45:58 AM

Even if there was the chance of a potential rollback again in the future (and the odds of that are slim, lets be blunt it is being blown insanely out or proportion for an event that happened once),

a potential roll back isn't really the problem because that is only a temporary disruption to the network.
the bigger issue is not rolling back.

if an exchange gets hacked again and someone manages to buy, borrow or steal enough coins to get them over the 51% of staked coins mark and the devs do not step in to roll back and force them out, then they will be able to fork the coin endlessly.

in other words.. perpetual roll back and double spend... also known in the fiat world as perpetual chargeback.

That's kinda my point. Smoothie is more or less fabricating a 'cause for concern' that isn't really worth anyone's concern.  Wink

┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 11:20:06 AM

What's up with the Vericoin Mining Pool? I don't get any payouts and my shares descent  Cry

You get paid out differently in the VRC mining pool.

It pays out over time, rather than right away.

That helps the algo get you better prices, and more VRC for your efforts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:40:07 PM

Veri-Bit is a really nice feature. I don't get what all the fuss is about over it. Veri-Bit actually can save you money in some cases.

With current prices, a withdraw at cryptsy is 0.0005 Bitcoin (0.305 USD) cents or 0.0002 Vericoin. (0.000038 USD)

Veri-bit = 1 VRC (0.191 USD) The only limitations to this whole situation is the 1 btc cap on veri-bit for now.

So you can transfer coins to Vericoin wallet from cryptsy, or ANY place that has high bitcoin fees. Earn interest if you stake the network, And you will save your money with none of the inconvenience, or fees associated with transfering them to exchanges to sell, and then back to your bitcoin wallet to be sent out in a merchant transfer. Veri-Bit makes this so easy... Its almost TOO tempting!

Every time I see the veri-bit feature in the wallet I think its subconsciously saying, "hey man, come click on me, lets have a good time"

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:49:17 PM

Maybe the fuds moved to these guys http://coinjoint.info/navajo-suffers-double-spend-attack/

Would be interesting for the admins to line up fud appearances to the threads of the coins that get hacked. If all names were different accounts coming from same IP ha.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:01:46 PM

Maybe the fuds moved to these guys http://coinjoint.info/navajo-suffers-double-spend-attack/

Would be interesting for the admins to line up fud appearances to the threads of the coins that get hacked. If all names were different accounts coming from same IP ha.

These thieves have got away with it for so long, It would't be surprising if they are complacent.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:17:20 PM

Honestly I cannot understand why people keep answering scum like Bobsurplus, or trying to reason with people like smoothie and their army of alts.

After ignoring them for more than a week this thread has become so much better

Though smoothie I have to vouch just has his opinions on how he sees things.....

This is the point, all differences of opinion are not FUD. It's not necessarily what is said but how and, why. There is a basic human need to be recognized and to get attention from other humans, good or bad. On the bad side, most of us will put up with a crap spewer once or even twice but that's about the limit. If the crap starts to interfere with our enjoyment of whatever it is we are doing, such as reading this forum, then one of three things happens depending on the individual:

1. We crap back
2. We move somewhere else
3. We ignore

#1 is the first response that comes to mind. Most people want to prove the other person is an idiot right away, doesn't work though because a response is what they need. Trust me, proof is not required, it's obvious.

#2 is difficult and counter productive since the forums are specific to the readers interest.

#3 works best since it takes the reader out of the situation and, has the side effect of angering the crap poster though most won't admit it.

The only problem with #3 is that, after all, we are still human and most of us still want to engage the antagonist even though we know better. So, take the high road, don't engage and they will eventually fade away. There's plenty of real estate to spew crap on in these forums and it's easy to move on and ruin someone else's day....

PS: If you MUST engage, try to be intelligent, use words with more than one syllable, don't curse, don't drop to their level and above all, don't post more than one reply...

Just my 2 cents...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
purdueman

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:19:03 PM

What's up with the Vericoin Mining Pool? I don't get any payouts and my shares descent  Cry

This.

Haven't received any payouts in a couple days. What is going on with the pool?
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:27:09 PM

This.

It was just restarted yesterday. They took it offline when the hack happened, along with veri-bit, to limit any potential problems.

It was up and running again as of last night. They also have another Zues miner giveaway going.

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:51:40 PM

So now that the crisis is over, what's the next milestone?

SeDz

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:56:14 PM

i would like to know it too

CodeHunter

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:13:25 PM

i would like to know it too

July 19

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bqs-2jlCMAALtEC.jpg
SeDz

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:18:56 PM

wow the trading volume become so low.

So sad that MP fucked everything up so hard.

will take time to stabilize.
MP fucked all coins, not only VRC. there are none with high volume

CodeHunter

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:21:51 PM

VRC volume was at 30 BTC when it re-opened on mintpal, now it's 46

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:31:27 PM

This.

I just started again last night but I think it usually takes a day till payouts start then catches up. When I stopped mining I was getting payouts a day later still
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:39:44 PM

This.

I just started again last night but I think it usually takes a day till payouts start then catches up. When I stopped mining I was getting payouts a day later still

Payout issues are resolve, now.  You should start seeing them soon. My first came an hour ago...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: