Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:12:08 PM

/Sigh  I can't speak for anyone, just trying to speed up that process. This is why people tend to not like you barabbas. You can sure beat a dead horse.

We have to build a community up to include everyone, no matter how much people hate each other for whatever reason. I know you will find your answer, or you will scream to hell and back. So please, figure out your answer soon. Whoever you are, you are a very clever person. You could use that energy to better the coin, and point out valid concerns when they are necessary. Because surely only idiots would ever invest with rose tinted glasses on, and a lot of the things VeriCoin has done already deserve constructive criticism.

I should have never answered in the first place for someone else. So my fault for doing that, But please everyone reading this, Lets start to think of a few minutes where we can use our practical skills, real life talents to create value for vericoin.

Yes it would have been wise to answer only when you are concerned and have all the answers. And please don't worry if I am liked or not enough. I'm liked fine by me and that is enough. Patronizing, or attempt to, sorry does not work. I doubt it ever does.

I do for this coin, as MY INVESTMENT and as whatever my name and reputation means, a lot more than others, like you, with good intentions and preachy tone. Like call a spade a spade, for instance. Other than those who choose to spread/believe idiocies, most in crypto know me and my walls of HONOR and SHAME. They know I won't stand for crooks nor for religions. Nor preach to any chorus. Some like it, some don't.

And that's just the way it is supposed to be.

Now, if anyone chooses to take personal initiatives, whether or not sanctioned by the dev team, to promote or "benefit" VRC, fine and dandy. Free country. But careful: Preaching can be perceived as a negative also. And it is REAL MONEY we have invested in this coin, $6 million of it at current count more or less. It is about TRANSPARENCY, RESPONSIBILITY, ACCOUNTABILITY and, when it comes to official (whether real or perceived) capacities, simply profesionalism.

So no more sights to me. Take it or leave it but enough with the preaching and the school boy terminologies, ok?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:36:48 PM

Do we have any crowd funding sources for Promotion projects?

I really think ideas like. "Give me x VRC to buy x stickers and I will place them on all these places in my city" Or something along those lines.

Maybe we can promote VeriCoin in some creative ways? At this point we have to start thinking more like a small company, and not like a lost, little coin in the big bad world of crypto

I really like this idea!

We should have QR Codes on the stickers themselves linking to the website or a website with info on Vericoin,
I'm totally for this.

I'm in Vancouver, BC and willing to do this for our community...Bitcoin is growing in this city and I'm sure we can spread the word out rather quickly

What does everyone else think of this idea?
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:41:20 PM

I really think ideas like. "Give me x VRC to buy x stickers and I will place them on all these places in my city" Or something along those lines.

Maybe we can promote VeriCoin in some creative ways? At this point we have to start thinking more like a small company, and not like a lost, little coin in the big bad world of crypto

I already have Vericoin Logo Stickers for sale for just this purpose (and of course to help support further VRC development)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:42:00 PM

This is my promotion Project www.vericoinish.com so far all costs have been out of pocket. All the photos are licensed, domain, hosting, etc. It will soon have a cart system for vericoin stuff for sale to buy with vericoin and maybe bitcoin because if you are like me you really do not want to give up your VRC at this point in time. Tongue
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 11:48:32 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 12:05:01 AM by buy4crypto

My friend is taking over this business from his relatives who own it now. He is being groomed as we speak (I am trying to help him get into crypto's right now)

https://www.identamelabels.com

It's a company that we can get things at close to cost if I want to call in a favor. I already ran the idea by him about QR codes on stickers/labels and he said that was no problem.

So this is just something to keep in mind if people decide to go a route where we need to get mass marketing material.

https://www.identamelabels.com/About-Us/Our-Team

HAH, look at my buddy Steve's picture(hover over it)! What a goofball. And his mom the "double, tripple checker" LOL I love that family. They are great people and would be an asset to any project.

* P.S Barbs chocolate chip cookies are the best, be jelous.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
FUD_master

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:10:12 AM

My friend is taking over this business from his relatives who own it now. He is being groomed as we speak (I am trying to help him get into crypto's right now)

https://www.identamelabels.com

It's a company that we can get things at close to cost if I want to call in a favor. I already ran the idea by him about QR codes on stickers/labels and he said that was no problem.

So this is just something to keep in mind if people decide to go a route where we need to get mass marketing material.

https://www.identamelabels.com/About-Us/Our-Team

HAH, look at my buddy Steve's picture(hover over it)! What a goofball. And his mom the "double, tripple checker" LOL I love that family. They are great people and would be an asset to any project.

* P.S Barbs chocolate chip cookies are the best, be jelous.

lol, first glance at the website I knew he was a stoner.  Then the bio made it more obvious, then he basically spelled it out by mentioning he likes Phish.  Then I hovered over the image and...   yeah.
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

Socal is already ahead of you guys on the sticker front. You could do quick orders from him. (he is in IRC alot that button thingy on the wallet!.  )

But go and get your own printed?,  I am shortly and also getting some t shirts, decals stickers, and I intend to give them to friends and family, maybe 2-3 each so they can to spread the word.
After all I got some of these people to invest in vericoin. I figure a few bucks on my part , no problems a deal done good.  

Also big thanks to Amsterdamner Bruno !.  puts a smile on my otherwise grumpy face with every vericoin picture he makes not to mention the many others who do these tweets pictures etc. ALL APPRECIATED BY MANY!!!!!  

so far i seen a guy in a cardboard veribox, a veri large sized bill board, in just a few short weeks by just a few people,

Imagine if we Grouped. Or as buy4crypto or some one said crowdfunding or startjoin.... heads together, instead or arguing and banging heads people.

webay

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:16:13 AM

@socal

Although I have nothing against cannabis, maybe you can atleast try to not vape during the Google Hangouts, for the sake of VRC's professional image.

Do you really need to get high at that moment in time? You can't wait a bit?

When I saw you take a hit from the vape, you tried to hide your smile, so you know it was naughty Grin

Wait, socal is in on the hangouts? That's a joke, right?

@pnosker, socal very much does represent the coin and the development team, much more than I thought, so perhaps you need to take matters into your hands and reign the guy in. I'm surprised that you, being such an intelligent dude, can't see the potential brand damage of socal and his comments. Think for a moment that VeriCoin explodes and becomes the coin we all want, then think of a competitor who wants to take us out. All it would take is a little time on BCT, some screenshots of recorded hangouts, and an article with quotes from socal about our president and other expletive laden posts.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:20:57 AM

Socal is already ahead of you guys on the sticker front. You could do quick orders from him. (he is in IRC alot that button thingy on the wallet!.  )

But go and get your own printed?,  I am shortly and also getting some t shirts, decals stickers, and I intend to give them to friends and family, maybe 2-3 each so they can to spread the word.
After all I got some of these people to invest in vericoin. I figure a few bucks on my part , no problems a deal done good.  

Also big thanks to Amsterdamner Bruno !.  puts a smile on my otherwise grumpy face with every vericoin picture he makes not to mention the many others who do these tweets pictures etc. ALL APPRECIATED BY MANY!!!!!  

so far i seen a guy in a cardboard veribox, a veri large sized bill board, in just a few short weeks by just a few people,

Imagine if we Grouped. Or as buy4crypto or some one said crowdfunding or startjoin.... heads together, instead or arguing and banging heads people.

For this to work we really need to take our time and find a really good outlet. The key is to not rush it, and really prepare for our first big attempt.

I certainly would put some cash towards an effort to get VeriCoin into media, or whatever we can do. Maybe we can get a viral video on youtube somehow with vericoin branding involved. Social media, we need to figure a game plan that the community supports and work to achieve it.

We should set small goals to start, and work towards larger things. Nothing is worse than a let down. With so many reasons why we invest, and cultures coming together. We can take small steps forward and going from there it could be a great start in building a community.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:21:24 AM

i have been there.. i am a big fan of this coin and hold some. if not for the fundamentals and devs i almost wanted to sell all because the community is not very friendly. irc is not moderated at times and people are rude, even to fellow vericoin members. sometimes, people can be loyal to a coin because of the community, so everyone, we have the same goal. let us try to tone it down a bit and be mindful.

my 2 cents

Actually I have no problem with socal at all, he is always helpful, not too mention the devs, they are absolute great, but I would completely agree with you that there are a few arrogant and assertive on the IRC channel. Most of the community members on IRC are very nice, helpful and supportive, but there are 2-3, unfortunately the most active are really arrogant assholes. If someone opinion's is different what those people believe the right opinion is then those ppl just simply can't control themselves. It shouldn't be like that.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:27:10 AM

i have been there.. i am a big fan of this coin and hold some. if not for the fundamentals and devs i almost wanted to sell all because the community is not very friendly. irc is not moderated at times and people are rude, even to fellow vericoin members. sometimes, people can be loyal to a coin because of the community, so everyone, we have the same goal. let us try to tone it down a bit and be mindful.

my 2 cents

Actually I have no problem with socal at all, he is always helpful, not too mention the devs, they are absolute great, but I would completely agree with you that there are a few arrogant and assertive on the IRC channel. Most of the community members on IRC are very nice, helpful and supportive, but there are 2-3, unfortunately the most active are really arrogant assholes. If someone opinion's is different what those people believe the right opinion is then those ppl just simply can't control themselves. It shouldn't be like that.

And that's why it is "moderated" (censored, in fact). They don't like your opinion, they ban you. End of story.

And that's the ONLY reason why VRC is not listed in THE WALL OF HONOR.
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:30:17 AM

how does one QUOTE, oneself?. on a forum haha

PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:35:08 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 12:46:46 AM by PUMPBANDIT

What about a global promo where you print off an A4 size Verilogo sticker and send in your pic taken with it from a famous place or hard to accomplish feat somewhere in the world.
Have monthly winners that are published on the main site. Possibly restaurant tickets and Veri for the prize.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:39:18 AM

What about global promo where you print off an A4 size Verilogo sticker and send in your pic taken with it from a famous place or hard to accomplish feat somewhere  in the world.
Have monthly winners that are published on the main site. Possibly restaurant tickets and Veri for the prize.

I like this idea a lot. It wouldn't cost a lot to run this and it would be a great way to involve the community.
Things like this are great, and the rewards would go directly back to the VeriCoin community.

Other people's opinions / Ideas?

Wreathy

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:45:01 AM

What about global promo where you print off an A4 size Verilogo sticker and send in your pic taken with it from a famous place or hard to accomplish feat somewhere  in the world.

I like this idea a lot. It wouldn't cost a lot to run this and it would be a great way to involve the community.
Things like this are great, and the rewards would go directly back to the VeriCoin community.

Other people's opinions / Ideas?

veri good idea.

leckey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:50:18 AM

@socal

Although I have nothing against cannabis, maybe you can atleast try to not vape during the Google Hangouts, for the sake of VRC's professional image.

When I saw you take a hit from the vape, you tried to hide your smile, so you know it was naughty Grin

Now I'm not going to wander in to the socal debate, because frankly, it's ridiculous.

BUT

That's quite an accusation you're making. Have you stopped to consider the probability that it might not be marijuana he was "vaping", and instead (like me infact) is just trying to quit smoking regular cigarettes?

FUD_master

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:55:59 AM

@socal

Now I'm not going to wander in to the socal debate, because frankly, it's ridiculous.

BUT

That's quite an accusation you're making. Have you stopped to consider the probability that it might not be marijuana he was "vaping", and instead (like me infact) is just trying to quit smoking regular cigarettes?

If he actually lives in SoCal... everyone and their grandma uses e-cigs there.
leckey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:56:26 AM

And that's why it is "moderated" (censored, in fact). They don't like your opinion, they ban you. End of story.

And that's the ONLY reason why VRC is not listed in THE WALL OF HONOR.

Censored is not the right word to use in this context. People are free to join the channel and say whatever it is they want to get off their chest. I myself was rather vocal in pointing out some of the disadvantages of the blockchain roll back. I didn't get kicked, or banned. People need to learn how to channel a debate, or discussion in an appropriate way. It's those who step over the proverbial line that may find themselves with a kick or ban. Nothing to do with the arguments they present, more to do with how they present them.

leckey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:58:39 AM

If he actually lives in SoCal... everyone and their grandma uses e-cigs there.

Nothing wrong with using e-cigs. Implying however, that he was engaging in recreational drug use during a VeriCoin hangout based purely off the fact he was puffing on an ecig - is absent minded.

Wreathy

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:01:09 AM

Vericoin hangout #one. Dan says he TOKES e CIGS....   Roll Eyes opps i meant smokes ... im more sophisticated i have a E-Spliff/Joint  google them !.

Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: