Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
mayne

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:21:16 PM

win update link 404's   Roll Eyes
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:28:04 PM

win update link 404's   Roll Eyes

be patient..dev is fixing the problem
libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:59:17 PM

Nice dump! Good job, fuckin' weak handed pussies! Don't stop, dump it to the ground!

I always hate when people say this in BitcoinTalk forums, but I was more than happy to buy up another 20k between 26 and 27.

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:03:21 PM

Nice, I got in early around 8k and wish I had bought more back then.  Oh well my almost 16k will have to do and and earn interest along the way.   Grin
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:08:20 PM

Nice dump! Good job, fuckin' weak handed pussies! Don't stop, dump it to the ground!

Get fucked.
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:10:23 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 11:24:31 PM by Isokoira

Downloads now  Cheesy

Installed successfully, syncing now but still get network alert at bottom talking about last version.
YourMom420

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:31:25 PM

Buy vericoin is sending me to a blank window
FUD_master

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:32:50 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 11:57:55 PM by FUD_master

May I ask what particular arrangement there is with moolah?  Does the VeriCoin foundation get a portion of the proceeds from their transaction fees?  If not, they should.

Edit:  I ask because I think that having to meet their registration requirements really holds the idea back.  Same goes for any other exchange.  Direct credit card purchases of VeriCoin would be a serious game changer, and it might not be impossible.  I understand there's the whole issue of meeting regulatory requirements, but there has to be some kind of loophole around that.  There's that one service that sells "gift cards" of Bitcoin, and as far as I know they haven't had any problems doing that.  Maybe there can be an "electronic gift card" you can buy which is instantly redeemable for that amount of VeriCoin.  Or sell "access" to a website, where once you log in you just happen to get "free" VeriCoin.  I dunno.
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:55:09 PM

On a total side note - I'm currently working on updating my website to include among many things the "Vericoin Accepted Here" logo in the bottom footer Smiley

Not like anyone will care that my company accepts Vericoin, but hey, it can't hurt Grin
Shill

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:16:58 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 01:06:17 AM by Shill

yeah... hm... seems moolah is getting the better end of the stick on this.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:22:38 AM

so how does this moolah thing work? if i buy via the buy button, the vrc will go to my wallet directly instead of sitting in moolah wallet?
AFaQ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:23:18 AM

im just getting a white page when i click buy, is this just an iframe? o.O

SPACE
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:41:16 AM

Via the interview w/Patrick
"We don’t have any details to share but we are progressing on making VeriCoin useful for the masses."

This coin has exactly what mainstream adoption is looking for. Now we just have to start doing the work (marketing) to get VeriCoin in everyday people's minds.

I thought telling a friend would be a good idea.

Ya look, crypto is not for the general masses, and it won't be anytime soon. Stop selling crypto to people who can't handle it. Let's take this one step at a time and concentrate on the demographics that are most likely to buy VeriCoin now and in the next few years.

And the general masses will only get into crypto when it's easy to transfer fiat to crypto, the current process is a big turn-off (give me your bank info heheh, and your driver's license heheh, don't worry heheh, you can trust us heheh, there are no criminals in crypto heheh, some hacker will not get access to these things heheh...)

And don't aim for mom and pop, these guys couldn't even program a vcr from the 80s.

SW84

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:42:16 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 12:53:02 AM by SW84

Well. I am off to go unload the couple bitcoin my buddy bought already of VRC already. He is fairly dissapointed. I thought telling a friend would be a good idea. Now its just stress on my back and losing him money! The past few days I tried to reassure him several times. But now I think maybe I am making up stories to myself to make me feel good about the investment here.

Really appreciate all the work everyone does. I am going to be a silent member of the community from now on, save my sanity.

Will leave my personal money in, because I don't see many better investments in all the shit crypto investments lately. But I am not going to keep relaying info to a buddy, daily when its been nothing but a stress so far. Nor will I continue to post in here.

I'll prob lose a few bitcoins with this investment but that's okay. I guess I am an idiot for believing in something that maybe wasn't meant to be.

VeriCoin has only been around for two months. If all you want are constant price increases, then you're going to be disappointed no matter which altcoin you choose. They all are going down right now.

I've only made three bets in the crypto world, Bitcoin (2012), Litecoin (2013) and Peercoin (2013). All three were big winners for me. I invested in Litecoin, because I liked the idea of decentralized mining and faster transaction times than Bitcoin. I liked Peercoin because of its implementation of Proof of Stake, which many people said would never work. I was one of the largest holders of Peercoin for almost a year before people finally started to invest in it. I was fortunate enough to ride the wave on all of these coins during the 2013/2014 price increase.

However, after a while, I eventually noticed a couple things that made me rethink my investments. One of them was that the development process seemed extremely slow with Litecoin/Peercoin in regards to getting it in the hands of casual users. In early 2014, it became apparent that more and more alts were arriving with new features and Bitcoin was attracting a lot of venture capital money to build an infrastructure around it. Being familiar with software lifecycles, I knew it would only be a matter of time before Litecoin/Peercoin would be replaced if they didn't innovate fast enough. As an example, it has been almost two years and I still don't think Peercoin (Sunny King) or the community has developed a mobile wallet yet. How can you attract people to your coin if it's not easy for them to access it?

The other major problem I recognized, which might sound silly to some people, is that the marketing for all of these altcoins was nonexistent. Most cryptocoins seem to be developed with the idea of catering to only the tiny cult-like crypto community, not the casual user. Any casual person with limited knowledge of technology is going to struggle greatly with any virtual currency and they don't really care about technical details. Bitcoin is closing this gap thanks to all of the venture capital money and apps being built on top of it, similar to when TCP/IP first came around. Most altcoins don't seem to have this luxury.

Between those fundamentals and the chart patterns I was watching (I'm a long time FX trader), I decided that it would be best to sell off both of my positions in early 2014 and hold on to cash. I didn't see a reason to hold any virtual currency outside of Bitcoin at that point, unless someone had a better way to market themselves to casual users. It ended up being a good decision, because most coins lost the vast majority of their value over the following months. I told myself that I would just make small investments in Bitcoin on dips and keep everything else in cash.

Fast forward almost six months later and VeriCoin arrives on the scene. I took one look at it and said, who cares, its just another altcoin. But, the more I read about the developers and their vision, the more convinced I was that this coin had the potential to succeed. A coin is only as good as its developers and they seemed to be the first ones that "got it". If you want your coin to be successful, you need to get it into the hands of the casual masses. How do you do that? By offering more services and using better marketing. The VeriCoin developers seem to understand the direction that Bitcoin is headed with it's third party services/feature infrastructure. Instead of doing everything that way, they've decided to incorporate as much as they can into one place, the wallet, which I believe is the right way to go. As long as the developers continue down this path, then it greatly increases the potential for adoption outside of the crypto community.

If you can find a service-based coin with long term potential and better developers than this one, please let me know, because I certainly haven't found one.
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:50:37 AM

ph111

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:52:41 AM

Well. I am off to go unload the couple bitcoin my buddy bought already of VRC already. He is fairly dissapointed. I thought telling a friend would be a good idea. Now its just stress on my back and losing him money! The past few days I tried to reassure him several times. But now I think maybe I am making up stories to myself to make me feel good about the investment here.

Really appreciate all the work everyone does. I am going to be a silent member of the community from now on, save my sanity.

Will leave my personal money in, because I don't see many better investments in all the shit crypto investments lately. But I am not going to keep relaying info to a buddy, daily when its been nothing but a stress so far. Nor will I continue to post in here.

I'll prob lose a few bitcoins with this investment but that's okay. I guess I am an idiot for believing in something that maybe wasn't meant to be.

VeriCoin has only been around for two months. If all you want are constant price increases, then you're going to be disappointed no matter which altcoin you choose. They all are going down right now.

I've only made three bets in the crypto world, Bitcoin (2012), Litecoin (2013) and Peercoin (2013). All three were big winners for me. I invested in Litecoin, because I liked the idea of decentralized mining and faster transaction times than Bitcoin. I liked Peercoin because of its implementation of Proof of Stake, which many people said would never work. I was one of the largest holders of Peercoin for almost a year before people finally started to invest in it. I was fortunate enough to ride the wave on all of these coins during the 2013/2014 price increase.

However, after a while, I eventually noticed a couple things that made me rethink my investments. One of them was that the development process seemed extremely slow with Litecoin/Peercoin in regards to getting it in the hands of casual users. In early 2014, it became apparent that more and more alts were arriving with new features and Bitcoin was attracting a lot of venture capital money to build an infrastructure around it. Being familiar with software lifecycles, I knew it would only be a matter of time before Litecoin/Peercoin would be replaced if they didn't innovate fast enough. As an example, it has been almost two years and I still don't think Peercoin (Sunny King) or the community has developed a mobile wallet yet. How can you attract people to your coin if it's not easy for them to access it?

The other major problem I recognized, which might sound silly to some people, is that the marketing for all of these altcoins was nonexistent. Most cryptocoins seem to be developed with the idea of catering to only the tiny cult-like crypto community, not the casual user. Any casual person with limited knowledge of technology is going to struggle greatly with any virtual currency and they don't really care about technical details. Bitcoin is closing this gap thanks to all of the venture capital money and apps being built on top of it, similar to when TCP/IP first came around. Most altcoins don't seem to have this luxury.

Between those fundamentals and the chart patterns I was watching (I'm a long time FX trader), I decided that it would be best to sell off both of my positions in early 2014 and hold on to cash. I didn't see a reason to hold any virtual currency outside of Bitcoin at that point, unless someone had a better way to market themselves to casual users. It ended up being a good decision, because most coins lost the vast majority of their value over the following months. I told myself that I would just make small investments in Bitcoin on dips and keep everything else in cash.

Fast forward almost six months later and VeriCoin arrives on the scene. I took one look at it and said, who cares, it's just another altcoin. But, the more I read about the developers and their vision, the more convinced I was that this coin had the potential to succeed. A coin is only as good as its developers and they seemed to be the first ones that "got it". If you want your coin to be successful, you need to get it into the hands of the casual masses. How do you do that? By offering more services and using better marketing. The VeriCoin developers seem to understand the direction that Bitcoin is headed with it's third party services/feature infrastructure. Instead of doing everything that way, they've decided to incorporate as much as they can into one place, the wallet, which I believe is the right way to go. As long as the developers continue down this path, then it greatly increases the potential for adoption outside of the crypto community.

If you can find a service-based coin with long term potential and better developers than this one, please let me know, because I certainly haven't found one.
Why if you've been around so long are you using a noob account ?
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:55:39 AM

Can anyone with experience in Moolah explain to me the process for getting approved, what documents do they want and how long did it take for you to get final approval.

Because this is why the average joe doesn't get into crypto. I have first hand experience with people who came to me about BTC, they wanted to buy and wanted to know how it was done. When I told them how, they were turned off by the process, and my brother said "you did all that?".

SW84

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:02:20 AM

Why if you've been around so long are you using a noob account ?

I've never spent much time on this forum up until about a month ago. In fact, I only registered here to ask a linux question regarding the VRC wallet and then I ended up sticking around to read more. Prior to that, I only used the trollbox on BTCE from time to time, which is an exchange with a terrible "community". I've found this forum to be slightly more pleasant.
portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:16:58 AM

Fast forward almost six months later and VeriCoin arrives on the scene. I took one look at it and said, who cares, its just another altcoin. But, the more I read about the developers and their vision, the more convinced I was that this coin had the potential to succeed. A coin is only as good as its developers and they seemed to be the first ones that "got it". If you want your coin to be successful, you need to get it into the hands of the casual masses. How do you do that? By offering more services and using better marketing. The VeriCoin developers seem to understand the direction that Bitcoin is headed with it's third party services/feature infrastructure. Instead of doing everything that way, they've decided to incorporate as much as they can into one place, the wallet, which I believe is the right way to go. As long as the developers continue down this path, then it greatly increases the potential for adoption outside of the crypto community.

I agree. This coin has the best overall accessibility features, branding, marketing, and developer support to do well. It should really be in about 3rd or 4th position at Coinmarketcap.com.
The VRC-to-FIAT feature may pull down on VRC price valuation increases in the short-term depending on exchange rates; however, mid-to-long it will bring additional Fiat investment into VRC which may contribute to price boosts.

Thanks for sharing the post.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:19:31 AM

There is a known issue some are having with the new "Buy VeriCoin" button on some Windows systems.  For certain windows users it's working well, others it is just showing a blank page.  We are actively pursuing the cause of this issue and will be updating you all as soon as possible.  However do note that if you upgraded to the new version, whether the buy button works or not doesn't effect the other functions of the wallet.  So if you have this issue there is nothing to worry about.  We are trying to figure this out as soon as possible.  Mac and linux clients are unaffected by this issue.  If you do have a blank page come up after letting it load for 10 seconds or more, please message me your Windows version and whether you have a 32 or 64 bit system.  Thanks for your patience.
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: