Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:15:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Amalgamus

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:41:14 PM

Guys when i open my wallet in the beginning it says NETWORK ALERT although i downloaded the new wallet 1.3.3. Do i have to do something or is this normal?  Thanx for your answer.
I had this warning also a few days ago and it freaked me out at the beginning, was thinking my vericoins were being hacked like MP's. Then later I realised it was because an information was being sent to all wallets for the newest version. It was a message telling to get the 1.3.3 version.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:42:16 PM

Cause of this coin's infinite coin age, it's easier to kill using this vulnerability.

VeriCoin does not have "infinite" age but rather finite. Look at the code Smiley. In addition, your attack vector works on coins with very low network stake weight as well as very very long coin age, however, the probability that you would hit 6 blocks in a row before others with less than 30% of the network stake with a 9 million network stake weight (current) is minimal. And of course attacking would then blow your entire coinage and reduce it to nothing again making you have to wait another year to attempt to attack again.

Finally, no matter how it's argued, the supernodes would not checkpoint your blocks because of auto checkpointing which is done every block on the current longest block. So you can't fork off 10 blocks behind after you spent to try to beat out the current chain.

Until auto sync checkpointing is disabled, your attack vector is useless.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:12:42 PM

Cause of this coin's infinite coin age, it's easier to kill using this vulnerability.

VeriCoin does not have "infinite" age but rather finite. Look at the code Smiley. In addition, your attack vector works on coins with very low network stake weight as well as very very long coin age, however, the probability that you would hit 6 blocks in a row before others with less than 30% of the network stake with a 9 million network stake weight (current) is minimal. And of course attacking would then blow your entire coinage and reduce it to nothing again making you have to wait another year to attempt to attack again.

Finally, no matter how it's argued, the supernodes would not checkpoint your blocks because of auto checkpointing which is done every block on the current longest block. So you can't fork off 10 blocks behind after you spent to try to beat out the current chain.

Until auto sync checkpointing is disabled, your attack vector is useless.

Thanks Pat for clearing that up
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:48:02 PM

Booked a hotel using Veribit Smiley

Rather than go through Expedia, got a "Global Hotel Card" used eGifter (this is also available on Gyft).  eGifter right now is offering 3% off the purchase of the gift card when using Veribit, and 3% additional points toward next purchase Smiley

Quick and speedy, everything went through smooth.
nice i will deff look into that now i have never heard of that place does it work for hotels in the usa?

https://globalhotelcard.com/ is powered by Orbitz, works just like Expedia, Hotwire, etc.   

eGifter and Gyft are both gift card dealers that have awesome Android and iPhone apps.  I used Gyft a lot more, I love the app, for little things like Steak n Shake, Burger King, etc.   Both sites/apps offer a lot of categories and a lot of places.  Recently though I have made the switch to eGfiter, as you can't beat 3% off AND 3% your next purchase (6% total basically) when you use Bitcoin.    Thus using Vericoin with Veribit, things are a win win win.   I highly suggest getting both apps, Gyft is much prettier and organized imo, but eGifter has a better deal right now, and also accepts Litecoin and Dogecoin.
So i checked out that link kinda made me worried how simple the site looked, but they do seem to be good i will keep them in mind for my vacation in september Smiley

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:49:26 PM

@yoroyrobin 335,000+ followers

https://twitter.com/YoRoyRobin/status/490569473083334657

He has already tweeted about vericoin in the past. He mentioned he will keep tweeting about VRC for some donations. That is quite a lot of followers! Pretty cool stuff.

that is a pretty large number of twitter followers question is how many of those are real people and of those who are real do they even care about crypto like VRC? I wonder how much of " donation " he wants and what information he gives out when whe tweets?

Their followers are fake. No reason to give them any attention.
so they are fake? well thatnk you for answering that question for me. While even a little press is good it does no good if it goes to fake people lol

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:51:35 PM

like the picture the badges facing us would have been good, BUT the part that gets me the most is the old man in the picture somehow i only pictured people like under 35 maybe 40 interested in crypto glad to see im wrong.... Vericoin can get  asugar daddy now Tongue

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:53:20 PM

lol this paypal coin still exists? Shocked Grin
it sure does would you like for use to point you in the direction of a nice faucet so you can get some crumbs of vrc?

surestrike

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:56:38 PM

like the picture the badges facing us would have been good, BUT the part that gets me the most is the old man in the picture somehow i only pictured people like under 35 maybe 40 interested in crypto glad to see im wrong.... Vericoin can get  asugar daddy now Tongue

I would trust these fantastic Devs with every BTC i have got, but not sure if i would leave my doughnuts alone with them  Grin

But seriously. Vericoin is one of only a small handful of coins in the crypto (corrupto) world i world trust right now.

Long live Vericoin and all those who invest in her.
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:00:05 PM

If you want to help the Vericoin Devs and support further development of Vericoin then BUY YOUR PHSICAL VERICOIN LOTTO TICKETS AND VERICOIN LOGO STICKERS NOW!!!!

50% of all sales go straight to the Verifund to help support development and you get something out of it too!!!!! PM me for details.

bump

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:11:20 PM

madjules007

Activity: 400

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:22:19 PM

Nice one

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:43:49 PM

somehow i only pictured people like under 35 maybe 40 interested in crypto glad to see im wrong

Yep, you're definitely wrong.  People with money know when there's money to be made, and old people have money.
Investing123

Activity: 157

CryptoCalc.org - Altcoin Profit/Loss Calculator

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:48:14 PM

Get your Veri own VeriCoin T-shirts and hats here!  1/2 of the profits go to the VeriFund. 

https://shop.moolah.io/VRClothes

amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:10:46 PM

Another pro-bono support that I gave. This time was the logo and webdesign for the www.vrcradio.com

Hope you guys like the new looks!

RE https://twitter.com/BrunoPro79/status/490921445158318080
flun_sheen

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:15:44 PM

Booked a hotel using Veribit Smiley

Rather than go through Expedia, got a "Global Hotel Card" used eGifter (this is also available on Gyft).  eGifter right now is offering 3% off the purchase of the gift card when using Veribit, and 3% additional points toward next purchase Smiley

Quick and speedy, everything went through smooth.
nice i will deff look into that now i have never heard of that place does it work for hotels in the usa?

https://globalhotelcard.com/ is powered by Orbitz, works just like Expedia, Hotwire, etc.   

eGifter and Gyft are both gift card dealers that have awesome Android and iPhone apps.  I used Gyft a lot more, I love the app, for little things like Steak n Shake, Burger King, etc.   Both sites/apps offer a lot of categories and a lot of places.  Recently though I have made the switch to eGfiter, as you can't beat 3% off AND 3% your next purchase (6% total basically) when you use Bitcoin.    Thus using Vericoin with Veribit, things are a win win win.   I highly suggest getting both apps, Gyft is much prettier and organized imo, but eGifter has a better deal right now, and also accepts Litecoin and Dogecoin.
So i checked out that link kinda made me worried how simple the site looked, but they do seem to be good i will keep them in mind for my vacation in september Smiley
is Veribit working now?
majsta

Activity: 561

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:34:52 PM

I m out, left about 3000VRC just in case.
Despite hard work from the team who was and is amazing there is nothing we can predict in crypto. For example I sold LitecoinX at the same price I sold VRC, few other coins too. Those coins has nothing that can be compared to VRC. Why I sold VRC you may ask, just because I m afraid of another failure loss I experienced in last few months. Every night I go to sleep waiting to wake up to realize that my investment is 2000% down so I just can't wait anymore to see price goes as it should be. Integrated features in VRC wallet is something I don't use and IMHO VeriBit is strange thing to me because I see it as a dump option and in fact I think that if many ppl use it that will lower the price of the VRC on the market. Also multipool didn't had strength to push price up. Complete story could be different if coin volume was lower. Regarding POS, those few people who are holders can stake VRC and just from staking they can earn a lot on exchanges every few days just by dumping. In that position those who has few hundreds don't have many options, only to invest more BTC. In fact if you have enough VRC you can earn much more just by staking than mining on multipool, no matter what equipment you have. Complete story about mintpal forced huge investors out and a lesson for them to think twice before invest into any POS coin. What was interesting to me is that this coin had so much variations in price on every single day so I was able to earn 1000VRC per day just selling high and buying again on the positions where you never expect to see it.

I must say again that this coin have best team with amazing knowledge and community tightly connected to the team who is trying to make all public and explain every little detail. But, history learns us that this is not enough.      

majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:46:05 PM

Every night I go to sleep waiting to wake up to realize that my investment is 2000% down

How do you lose 2000% a day? If you check your accounting records, you might find a 1900%+ discrepancy somewhere.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
majsta

Activity: 561

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:48:54 PM

Just check coins like maia,bitblock,maru,voot,iceberg,apex,conceal and their failure by just few days and those were my loses in last 15 days. So maybe all of you can judge me but situation in crypto world is too risky now to wait for anything go up.

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:51:53 PM

Just check coins like maia,bitblock,maru,voot,iceberg,apex,conceal and their failure by just few days and those were my loses in last 15 days. So maybe all of you can judge me but situation in crypto world is too risky now to wait for anything go up.

Poor choice in coins my friend...sorry but you can't compare fly by night coins or scam coins to Vericoin. VRC will be around for along time!
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:55:30 PM

I m out, left about 3000VRC just in case.
Despite hard work from the team who was and is amazing there is nothing we can predict in crypto. For example I sold LitecoinX at the same price I sold VRC, few other coins too. Those coins has nothing that can be compared to VRC. Why I sold VRC you may ask, just because I m afraid of another failure loss I experienced in last few months. Every night I go to sleep waiting to wake up to realize that my investment is 2000% down so I just can't wait anymore to see price goes as it should be. Integrated features in VRC wallet is something I don't use and IMHO VeriBit is strange thing to me because I see it as a dump option and in fact I think that if many ppl use it that will lower the price of the VRC on the market. Also multipool didn't had strength to push price up. Complete story could be different if coin volume was lower. Regarding POS, those few people who are holders can stake VRC and just from staking they can earn a lot on exchanges every few days just by dumping. In that position those who has few hundreds don't have many options, only to invest more BTC. In fact if you have enough VRC you can earn much more just by staking than mining on multipool, no matter what equipment you have. Complete story about mintpal forced huge investors out and a lesson for them to think twice before invest into any POS coin. What was interesting to me is that this coin had so much variations in price on every single day so I was able to earn 1000VRC per day just selling high and buying again on the positions where you never expect to see it.

I must say again that this coin have best team with amazing knowledge and community tightly connected to the team who is trying to make all public and explain every little detail. But, history learns us that this is not enough.      

I understand your disappointment. After all you expected 10,000 VRC to be worth 33 BTC in a week...

May I suggest you have your head examined?
Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: