Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
Ckyman

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:25:42 PM

We don't need to find the cure we need to legalize it Tongue ha but overall awesome coin I love the concept, it's a breath of fresh air.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:26:46 PM

I hear it's a PPC fork, so you can unlock only for PoS minting using the console.

Follow this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
ivanlabrie

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:28:28 PM

Is there a mining guide or thread somewhere for this coin?  I've been trying to scrypt mine it but I get 100% rejects.

Using cgminer 3.7.2, and this pool:  stratum+tcp://cure.united-miners.com:3319

You don't mine it, unless you have sha256 asics...otherwise you use your compute power to fold ( https://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide/ ) and you get paid for the points you get, in curecoins, which are mined by the ASICs. (they only get 13 coins per block, or 19% of the total rewards, check the op for more info)
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:39:57 PM

So, I said i would post a short summary of some ideas to promote curecoin and spread awareness.

The first thing that came to my mind was getting schools involved. Nowadays pretty much every school has a media-area, most high-schools in the country where I live (the Netherlands) got about 30-60 desktops each and the universities got even more. It'd be great if everyone interested in promoting curecoin would visit a few schools in their area to get a meeting. These computers could easily be used for folding when their idle (they're pretty much always toggled on anyway) and at night. By doing this the school could use the certificate wich the stanford website gives for positive promotion for example.(Look at us, we're promoting research in diseases) They'd also get their share of the profits ofcourse which would make their desktops actually have a ROI instead of waiting a few years untill their written off.

Obviously you could do the same thing at any company or internet cafe or whatever.

It's also really important to educate your friends and family about the coin and the folding process in general, previously when you were trying to get someone into crypto-currencies it'd always be about the money. With curecoin you can aim at their emotional side and thus making the step to curecoin, and crypto-currencies in general, easier.

Another important thing to do is to get a curecoin website up and running asap. The website would need some general details about curecoin but most importantly a well-written and full-scaled FAQ. Currently the BCT ANN thread is pretty much full with the same questions over and over again. These questions have all already been answered but most of the time on other website's/forums.

These are just a few things that come to my mind when thinking about marketing potential for curecoin, obviously keeping an active social media outlet etc. is also very important.

For anybody interested in visiting some schools/companies in their neighbourhood I could write you a short elevator pitch or give some comments on your own pitch.  

Please note I'm quite busy (working as a crypto-currency consultant since a few months) with other tasks but should their be any bounties or whatever I'm happy to free up some time to help work on a PR/marketing campaign.

My two cents Smiley

Posted this message as a reply on the marketing/PR topic on the curecoin forums too.

Oh and by the way, poloniex has added curecoin! https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_cure
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

I hear it's a PPC fork, so you can unlock only for PoS minting using the console.

i wait for this confirmation to...
k2_1971

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 09:18:50 PM

YES you use the same console command to unlock the curecoin wallet for minting as you do for peercoin.

In console, type this - walletpassphrase <yourpasswordhere> 99999999 true - hit enter. Give it a minute or so for the wallet to unlock. Good to go.

Remember that your coin-age has to be at a minimum of 30 days to start minting. Receiving coins to your wallet is fine; if you send any out/spend them, it will reset all of your coins back to day zero. Just like peercoin. So keep that in mind.
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:24:51 PM

Over at the Curecoin forums we are putting togethor a fund for a new coin image, be sure to check it out and throw in a few CURE Smiley  We need an inspiring coin image to give Curecoin the best possible chance to thrive.

http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3510.0
22naru

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:23:37 PM

YES you use the same console command to unlock the curecoin wallet for minting as you do for peercoin.

In console, type this - walletpassphrase <yourpasswordhere> 99999999 true - hit enter. Give it a minute or so for the wallet to unlock. Good to go.

Remember that your coin-age has to be at a minimum of 30 days to start minting. Receiving coins to your wallet is fine; if you send any out/spend them, it will reset all of your coins back to day zero. Just like peercoin. So keep that in mind.
cheers Smiley
Croak

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:29:11 PM

Nice, Cure is now listed on Poloniex. 

https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_cure

ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:29:58 PM

Thanks for the info!  Up until now I haven't used console commands in the wallets!
regmann

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

w8 for forever to get this released lol finaly a coin whit value to mine

used to fold for ever then bitcoins came in play

time to fold again
ivanlabrie

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:14:11 PM

w8 for forever to get this released lol finaly a coin whit value to mine

used to fold for ever then bitcoins came in play

time to fold again

Tell me about it!

I've been cpu folding on and off, but abandoned gpu for a long time.

Goot to be back Wink
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:21:31 PM

Thanks for the info!  Up until now I haven't used console commands in the wallets!

So how does this work? Forgive me but I am new to cryptos and don't know anything about PoS. So you unlock your wallet and after 30 days you start earning interest or something? Does that mean your wallet is not encrypted anymore? Is this so that people can see how many coins are in all the inactive wallets with the block explorer?

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:41:35 PM

Those interested, please check out the new logo fund: http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?board=2.0

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
22naru

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:47:59 PM

Thanks for the info!  Up until now I haven't used console commands in the wallets!

So how does this work? Forgive me but I am new to cryptos and don't know anything about PoS. So you unlock your wallet and after 30 days you start earning interest or something? Does that mean your wallet is not encrypted anymore? Is this so that people can see how many coins are in all the inactive wallets with the block explorer?

same as PPCoin:)
_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
What is minting, exactly?
All coins in the network collect coin age. Your stake is calculated from this coin age, measured by last transaction, and multiplied with the amount of coins (time * coins). Transferred coins lose their age and start a new "life" as fresh coins. When you keep coins for 30 days, they are old enough to start the minting process. From that moment on the software tests the "search space" given by the coin age, the limited options are tested if they "solve the puzzle" like in Bitcoin mining. You can simply think of this by comparing it with a raffle. But it is a raffle that lets you keep the tickets every time you do not win a round. And with it the chance of producing a valid solution of the next puzzle increases. More coins equal more raffle tickets. So 100 coins at an age of 30 days are twice as likely to solve the "puzzle" as 50 coins with 30 age days. The maximum age a coin can have is 90 days, after this the coin does not age further. When a puzzle is solved you can mint 1% of your input, by sending 101% of the coin to yourself. With it you "consume" your built-up coin age. As you test against a limited number of raffle tickets (the "limited search space"), this requires significantly less power. Attacks become more difficult as well, instead of controlling 51% calculating power to take over the block chain, you need 51% of the coins that are put up as stake! When a block is minted, your new coins will be unspendable for a period of 520 blocks (~ 3.6 days with 10 minutes blocks). **More information can be found in the Peercoin whitepaper.**

Minting Return
Statistically you will get 1% interest on average on your coins per year if you mint. You only mint when your wallet is open, but as the resources use is a lot lower this will not lock up the computer or waste much power. Your wallet is unlocked, but you will still need your passphrase for transactions. An alternative strategy would be to wait until you have a lot of coin age and have a larger chance of minting a block. This would be around 90 days after transaction. However your return will be a little less compared with constant minting. Future wallet version will support in-wallet minting, possibly without decrypting.

The Curecoin-QT wallet software takes care of this whole process automatically, but it needs some configuration before it can start.
#In console, type this - walletpassphrase <yourpasswordhere> 99999999 true -hit enter.Give it a minute or so for the wallet to unlock.Good to go.
bardacuda

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:08:33 AM

same as PPCoin:)
_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
What is minting, exactly?
All coins in the network collect coin age. Your stake is calculated from this coin age, measured by last transaction, and multiplied with the amount of coins (time * coins). Transferred coins lose their age and start a new "life" as fresh coins. When you keep coins for 30 days, they are old enough to start the minting process. From that moment on the software tests the "search space" given by the coin age, the limited options are tested if they "solve the puzzle" like in Bitcoin mining. You can simply think of this by comparing it with a raffle. But it is a raffle that lets you keep the tickets every time you do not win a round. And with it the chance of producing a valid solution of the next puzzle increases. More coins equal more raffle tickets. So 100 coins at an age of 30 days are twice as likely to solve the "puzzle" as 50 coins with 30 age days. The maximum age a coin can have is 90 days, after this the coin does not age further. When a puzzle is solved you can mint 1% of your input, by sending 101% of the coin to yourself. With it you "consume" your built-up coin age. As you test against a limited number of raffle tickets (the "limited search space"), this requires significantly less power. Attacks become more difficult as well, instead of controlling 51% calculating power to take over the block chain, you need 51% of the coins that are put up as stake! When a block is minted, your new coins will be unspendable for a period of 520 blocks (~ 3.6 days with 10 minutes blocks). **More information can be found in the Peercoin whitepaper.**

Minting Return
Statistically you will get 1% interest on average on your coins per year if you mint. You only mint when your wallet is open, but as the resources use is a lot lower this will not lock up the computer or waste much power. Your wallet is unlocked, but you will still need your passphrase for transactions. An alternative strategy would be to wait until you have a lot of coin age and have a larger chance of minting a block. This would be around 90 days after transaction. However your return will be a little less compared with constant minting. Future wallet version will support in-wallet minting, possibly without decrypting.

The Curecoin-QT wallet software takes care of this whole process automatically, but it needs some configuration before it can start.
#In console, type this - walletpassphrase <yourpasswordhere> 99999999 true -hit enter.Give it a minute or so for the wallet to unlock.Good to go.

Thank you for the very informative reply. So you still need the password to do transactions, but your wallet is not encrypted? So does this mean if someone were to acquire my wallet.dat file that they can empty it without having the password?

EDIT: Also, how do you know when you've "solved the puzzle"? Will the wallet client tell you?

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
Croak

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:24:00 AM

Thank you for the very informative reply. So you still need the password to do transactions, but your wallet is not encrypted? So does this mean if someone were to acquire my wallet.dat file that they can empty it without having the password?

EDIT: Also, how do you know when you've "solved the puzzle"? Will the wallet client tell you?

You'll get a transaction notification, it'll show in your transactions as "PoS mined", with the crossed picks symbol, and you'll see an amount in the "staked" area, subtracted from your normal balance, until the stake is confirmed, then the coins reserved for stake and the newly minted coins will go back to your main balance.

Unlocked does not mean unencrypted.  You can unlock your local wallet for PoS minting, but it's only unlocked on that machine while the QT (wallet client) is running and only for the time period you specify (that 99999999 is a value in seconds).  But if somebody else had a copy of your wallet.dat it would still be encrypted (assuming you encrypted it in the first place).

That said, the extremely un-lucrative nature of PoS minting for most coins means it's usually not worth too much anxiety if you fear for your wallet's safety. Smiley
bardacuda

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:47:17 AM

You'll get a transaction notification, it'll show in your transactions as "PoS mined", with the crossed picks symbol, and you'll see an amount in the "staked" area, subtracted from your normal balance, until the stake is confirmed, then the coins reserved for stake and the newly minted coins will go back to your main balance.

Unlocked does not mean unencrypted.  You can unlock your local wallet for PoS minting, but it's only unlocked on that machine while the QT (wallet client) is running and only for the time period you specify (that 99999999 is a value in seconds).  But if somebody else had a copy of your wallet.dat it would still be encrypted (assuming you encrypted it in the first place).

That said, the extremely un-lucrative nature of PoS minting for most coins means it's usually not worth too much anxiety if you fear for your wallet's safety. Smiley

Thanks! As long as the wallet's still encrypted then, nope, don't fear for it's safety....at least until quantum computers are a thing...but if they were they could just do all the folding and be done with it, and the coin would be worthless after that anyway Smiley

dime

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:51:37 AM

So, I said i would post a short summary of some ideas to promote curecoin and spread awareness.

The first thing that came to my mind was getting schools involved. Nowadays pretty much every school has a media-area, most high-schools in the country where I live (the Netherlands) got about 30-60 desktops each and the universities got even more. It'd be great if everyone interested in promoting curecoin would visit a few schools in their area to get a meeting. These computers could easily be used for folding when their idle (they're pretty much always toggled on anyway) and at night. By doing this the school could use the certificate wich the stanford website gives for positive promotion for example.(Look at us, we're promoting research in diseases) They'd also get their share of the profits ofcourse which would make their desktops actually have a ROI instead of waiting a few years untill their written off.

Obviously you could do the same thing at any company or internet cafe or whatever.

It's also really important to educate your friends and family about the coin and the folding process in general, previously when you were trying to get someone into crypto-currencies it'd always be about the money. With curecoin you can aim at their emotional side and thus making the step to curecoin, and crypto-currencies in general, easier.

Another important thing to do is to get a curecoin website up and running asap. The website would need some general details about curecoin but most importantly a well-written and full-scaled FAQ. Currently the BCT ANN thread is pretty much full with the same questions over and over again. These questions have all already been answered but most of the time on other website's/forums.

These are just a few things that come to my mind when thinking about marketing potential for curecoin, obviously keeping an active social media outlet etc. is also very important.

For anybody interested in visiting some schools/companies in their neighbourhood I could write you a short elevator pitch or give some comments on your own pitch.  

Please note I'm quite busy (working as a crypto-currency consultant since a few months) with other tasks but should their be any bounties or whatever I'm happy to free up some time to help work on a PR/marketing campaign.

My two cents Smiley

Posted this message as a reply on the marketing/PR topic on the curecoin forums too.

Oh and by the way, poloniex has added curecoin! https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_cure

There's a lot of legal ramifications that act as a barrier for this. It's one thing for schools to donate time/energy to this. It's another thing to do this with taxpayer money while trying to get curecoins.

I'm all for anyone in government or corporations helping out FAH. It's not acceptable and REEKS of fraud to say you're helping FAH while actually doing it for a cryptocurrency.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 02:09:41 AM

Very happy to see this coin come into play. I just wish something for Lupus disease would show up on the folding projects.
Anyways, best of luck and ill be contributing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: