Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:30:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
csa1234

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 02:51:37 PM

CURECOIN prices:

Last: 0.00042301  High: 0.00144499  Low: 0.00042

from 0.0014 to 0.0004 its over 60%... and keep falling, folding is not profitable with this coin.... F@H should switch coin for folding, this is not working

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 03:03:50 PM

The fact that I still did not got any coins appearing on the pool after 2 days started to bother me a little.
No answer to my tickets on the pool either (even if they probaly did not work on sunday)
Hey boubou, what's your F@H username?

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:49:31 PM

CURECOIN prices:

Last: 0.00042301  High: 0.00144499  Low: 0.00042

from 0.0014 to 0.0004 its over 60%... and keep falling, folding is not profitable with this coin.... F@H should switch coin for folding, this is not working

No idea what you're proposing at all.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:49:37 PM

Any idea of estimated profit from the gpu folding. I don't mind helping but I need to at least break even.

Steve

1 7950 = 110k PPD = 3.67 Curecoins a day = $1.84/day = don't know what GPUs or profitability you have so I can't give you better numbers.
This is ridicoulus. What am I doing wrong then?
I am averaging 8 coins per day with 5 x R9 270, or this makes 1.6 coin per card!!

I need more info than this - what numbers are you getting in PPD for each of those 270s.
Between 50k and 60k. Rather 60k.
7950 >  R9 270

I'm getting 88000 PPD for 2 x 7790 with 14.6 drivers. Don't think that You're off track.
Thank you. 7950 makes 650 khs while r9 270 makes 475. This is a rough 50% difference so if you make 88K PPD this is OK. However, I am still thinking that both of us might off track, because someone else with 7950 stated he was making 110K PPD.

That was probably me - my 7950 runs stably between 100k PPD and 120k PPD. It was at 130k PPD earlier but too many failed work units. However, keep in mind that the difference for scrypt mining won't be the same for folding because their are additional factors. If I could afford it I would get my hands on a 270 to do more testing but as of now 60 each is decent. Especially with 5 I would guess their are some heating issues that lead to some downclocking versus my 1 card. You could try going to the official folding forums to see if  they have any advice.
Well, it is still strange then as the other guy with 7950 is getting only 80K. Are you using an Intel CPU? Mine is AMD.

Yes Intel i5-4670

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:54:12 PM

Lets get on cryptsy - like + comment here:
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000277225

And vote here every hour:
http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

Vote (requries trade history):
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Subscribe:
http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin

email: admin [at] mail [dot] bter [dot] com  
- request they add Curecoin

Why? do we need more places do dump CURE?
cameronpalte

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:48:26 PM

Lets get on cryptsy - like + comment here:
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000277225

And vote here every hour:
http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

Vote (requries trade history):
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Subscribe:
http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin

email: admin [at] mail [dot] bter [dot] com  
- request they add Curecoin

Why? do we need more places do dump CURE?

No - but getting it on these exchanges shows the coin to more people and can help get us more volume versus the relatively small exchanges we are currently at.

boubou

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

The fact that I still did not got any coins appearing on the pool after 2 days started to bother me a little.
No answer to my tickets on the pool either (even if they probaly did not work on sunday)
Hey boubou, what's your F@H username?
Hi, my username is "boudje"

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:36:19 PM

The problem with this coin is that there is no reason to buy it. You can't actually DO anything with this coin except exchange it for btc. Therefore the only reason people would have to buy it is if the price were going up, which it isn't. And the price will only go up if people are buying it. It's a catch 22. I suppose this is the problem for most of the alts until they get so big that you can exchange them directly for USD, and then the price stabilizes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the solution is.

The good thing about this coin is that buying it supports cancer research so it does have some buy appeal for people that want to be charitable, but don't have the computer know-how or the video cards to fold themselves. But how many people in that category are on exchanges trading crypto alts? My guess is the number is close to zero. The anonymous transfers do seem to be the hot thing right now but it doesn't really make sense for curecoin. People using curecoin because it's anonymous so that they can use it to make shady or illegal transactions would be counter-productive for the image of the coin.

Mobile wallets and debit cards would make it useful as a currency and a lot of alts seem to be trying to go this route. Also getting merchants to accept it as payment. These are the only two things I can see that would reverse the trend of this coin for the long-term. In the short term it also just needs more exposure because I think a lot of people just don't know about it and overlook it. The lower the price goes though the harder it will be to get miners to point their rigs at folding. They are in it for profit so folding has to be more profitable than mining. Asics being developed for other mining algo's helps in a roundabout way, not by increasing the profitability of folding, but by making the profitability of mining all other coins decrease.

Are there any plans/ideas for getting more buy support for this coin? I like this conference idea. Is there anyone that can tell me when the conference takes place and the cut-off date for donations?

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
LasersHurt

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:03:44 PM

It's time to Vote for the New Logo. Cast your vote now!

See360 - Rx in the lead... most horrible logo IMO. Must be the haters voting for that and want to see curecoin gone.

That rx styling is trademarked by rehab

It's worth noting that whatever wins, we'll do some due-diligence to make sure there are no issues with copyright/trademark/etc. The user-selected winner isn't necessarily guaranteed if there's a problem with using it.

Not super likely, but worth noting.
Anonymous voting was a bad idea.
mmihail - "Silver Caduceus" design had ~15% an hour ago. Right now it has 33%.
How about re-voting on another platform. e.g. right here in the thread?

FWIW, I voted for "See360 - Rx".

EDIT:
Spent 10 minutes to prove my point and voted the ugliest design (DNA Man) into into first place.

Thanks for "proving your point" by knowingly exploiting the system and skewing the results. That's very helpful. You've done a good thing.

/s

Edit: I am able to see a full log of votes, by the way. Fraudulent votes are fairly easy to spot, and can be dealt with.
rhythmic

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:09:45 PM

The problem with this coin is that there is no reason to buy it. You can't actually DO anything with this coin except exchange it for btc. Therefore the only reason people would have to buy it is if the price were going up, which it isn't. And the price will only go up if people are buying it. It's a catch 22. I suppose this is the problem for most of the alts until they get so big that you can exchange them directly for USD, and then the price stabilizes.

The good thing about this coin is that buying it supports cancer research so it does have some buy appeal for people that want to be charitable, but don't have the computer know-how or the video cards to fold themselves. But how many people in that category are on exchanges trading crypto alts? My guess is the number is close to zero. The anonymous transfers do seem to be the hot thing right now but it doesn't really make sense for curecoin. People using curecoin because it's anonymous so that they can use it to make shady or illegal transactions would be counter-productive for the image of the coin.

Mobile wallets and debit cards would make it useful as a currency and a lot of alts seem to be trying to go this route. Also getting merchants to accept it as payment. These are the only two things I can see that would reverse the trend of this coin for the long-term. In the short term it also just needs more exposure because I think a lot of people just don't know about it and overlook it. The lower the price goes though the harder it will be to get miners to point their rigs at folding. They are in it for profit so folding has to be more profitable than mining. Asics being developed for other mining algo's helps in a roundabout way, not by increasing the profitability of folding, but by making the profitability of mining all other coins decrease.

Are there any plans/ideas for getting more buy support for this coin? I like this conference idea. Is there anyone that can tell me when the conference takes place and the cut-off date for donations?

The first step is to get rid of the SHA-256 mining component of Curecoin. It makes the price susceptible to multipool dumping. Leaving the folders holding the bag. Why can't we secure the network with proof of stake?
ifyoubuildit

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:24:00 PM

I've done a fair amount of thinking about Curecoin to this point and I think the price drop, frankly, is justified. Here are my thoughts and recommendations. The Curecoin team can do as they please. I am not planning on selling any of my coins in the near term but as a large stakeholder, I hope that the community gives this some thought.

• New projects are fundamentally about people. And we know nothing about the Curecoin team. While it's true that the lead dev, Cygnus has outed his real name and Google+ account, that is, for all practical purposes meaningless. The dev page should be updated to reflect resume details about the developers: their skills, and past projects.
  • To date, the developers have done a poor job of communicating with the community. I applaud "lasershunt" for taking on much of this burden, but the devs should be in the forums a minimum of 1-2 hours/day. There are many good & concerning questions from interested parties here, on Reddit & Overclockers, but none are being addressed by offical reps. That is a huge miss.
  • The team needs to surrounds themselves with professional advisors/business development folks who are connected in the industry, can assist in speaking gigs at conferences, and manage PR. These people need to be official on the website to inspire confidence in the press, miners and investors.
  • The big incongruity is that there is an imbalance in the professional aims of the project and the seemingly amateur voices supporting it. Long-term this project will not succeed without the support (and potential integration) of Stanford University/Pande Labs and the team has not inspired the market with confidence that such partnerships are on the horizon (not to mention the comments from Pande Labs that the developers ignored their concerns). Many of the forum voices are well meaning but ultimately misguided. Spending $2,000 on a booth at a conference is probably not the best use of money. Right now the only investments should be made in recruiting phenomenal people to work on the project, and building stronger ties with Pande Labs. I can promise you that if you're able to steal 2-3 devs from Mastercoin, NXT, even coins like XC or whatnot, or find equivalent talent willing to work on Curecoin (and prove their skills) the market will respond very positively.
  • The reason why this matters is that the structure of the coin requires a lot of community trust. There is a reasonable pre-mine (5% including dev & IPO) as well as a centralized distribution plan. Curecoin is a potentially game changing idea - connecting economic benefit to social purpose. But as folding is not encoded into the blockchain, and is not decentralized, much of the market will lose interest. Those who are interested will demand legitimacy and credibility which is what I'm advocating for in this post.
Overall, it's still early, about 2 weeks since release. I do think there are some significant issues, but a lot of upside as well if the team is willing to adapt quickly, accept help from highly qualified people, and re-focus 100% on moving faster than other coin on the market.
primeGPU

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:34:11 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 07:45:32 PM by primeGPU

Thanks for "proving your point" by knowingly exploiting the system and skewing the results. That's very helpful. You've done a good thing.

/s

Edit: I am able to see a full log of votes, by the way. Fraudulent votes are fairly easy to spot, and can be dealt with.
Yes, my fraudulent votes are easy to spot - they are within 10 minute window.
Are you sure you can remove all all other fraudulent votes?
Moreover, how do you determine what is a valid vote? I'm with 2 ISPs + 2 cellular operators. Our rigs are in two different places: 2 ISPs + 2 cellular ops.
It totals to 8 different IPs. Which of them would be fraudulent?

Edit: You removed all the votes for "DNA Man", except 2 (which are also mine, i.e. fraudulent)
Votes for "mmihail - Silver Caduceus" are pretty much all fraudulent, but you're unable to see it.

Well, I hope that your team's attitude regarding "exploits" differs from yours. Otherwise we have a huge problem here.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

/s

Moreover, how you determine what is a valid vote? I'm with 2 ISPs + 2 cellular operators. My rigs are in two different places: 2 ISPs + 2 cellular ops.

Vote for me please

Vote Now!

my wife asked me to post this and bolster my submission

great logo that is warm and friendly appeals to women and children as well, feedback I have received is that the kids adore it

Grin
cameronpalte

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:41:29 PM

I think we need to build an exchange that allows to to exchange directly with USD. The anonymous transactions are big but I agree we shouldn't do this. We should focus on increasing profitability - I'm in between on the conference, it could be great if handled correctly but with how little the devs have done any marketing I doubt it will be as of now. We should focus on getting some merchants.

I've done a fair amount of thinking about Curecoin to this point and I think the price drop, frankly, is justified. Here are my thoughts and recommendations. The Curecoin team can do as they please. I am not planning on selling any of my coins in the near term but as a large stakeholder, I hope that the community gives this some thought.

• New projects are fundamentally about people. And we know nothing about the Curecoin team. While it's true that the lead dev, Cygnus has outed his real name and Google+ account, that is, for all practical purposes meaningless. The dev page should be updated to reflect resume details about the developers: their skills, and past projects.
  • To date, the developers have done a poor job of communicating with the community. I applaud "lasershunt" for taking on much of this burden, but the devs should be in the forums a minimum of 1-2 hours/day. There are many good & concerning questions from interested parties here, on Reddit & Overclockers, but none are being addressed by offical reps. That is a huge miss.
  • The team needs to surrounds themselves with professional advisors/business development folks who are connected in the industry, can assist in speaking gigs at conferences, and manage PR. These people need to be official on the website to inspire confidence in the press, miners and investors.
  • The big incongruity is that there is an imbalance in the professional aims of the project and the seemingly amateur voices supporting it. Long-term this project will not succeed without the support (and potential integration) of Stanford University/Pande Labs and the team has not inspired the market with confidence that such partnerships are on the horizon (not to mention the comments from Pande Labs that the developers ignored their concerns). Many of the forum voices are well meaning but ultimately misguided. Spending $2,000 on a booth at a conference is probably not the best use of money. Right now the only investments should be made in recruiting phenomenal people to work on the project, and building stronger ties with Pande Labs. I can promise you that if you're able to steal 2-3 devs from Mastercoin, NXT, even coins like XC or whatnot, or find equivalent talent willing to work on Curecoin (and prove their skills) the market will respond very positively.
  • The reason why this matters is that the structure of the coin requires a lot of community trust. There is a reasonable pre-mine (5% including dev & IPO) as well as a centralized distribution plan. Curecoin is a potentially game changing idea - connecting economic benefit to social purpose. But as folding is not encoded into the blockchain, and is not decentralized, much of the market will lose interest. Those who are interested will demand legitimacy and credibility which is what I'm advocating for in this post.
Overall, it's still early, about 2 weeks since release. I do think there are some significant issues, but a lot of upside as well if the team is willing to adapt quickly, accept help from highly qualified people, and re-focus 100% on moving faster than other coin on the market.

I agree I would like to see what the devs are doing especially with the dev funds that they have said would be used for marketing. I'm kind of bummed out because I purchased a few hundred at 10x the current price but that's my fault - I still believe in the long term it will rise above this. In the mean time I will build myself up a nice stock pile at the low price. However, I agree we need to get active devs.

primeGPU

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:42:37 PM

Vote for me please

You can do it yourself man.
Google 'anonymizer' and you're good to go. Just don't submit a lot of votes within a small period of time.
Also don't use the ones from 1-2 pages of results - most of them've been "used" already.
LasersHurt

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:47:55 PM

/s

Moreover, how you determine what is a valid vote? I'm with 2 ISPs + 2 cellular operators. My rigs are in two different places: 2 ISPs + 2 cellular ops.

Edit: You removed all the votes for "DNA Man", except 2 (which are also mine, i.e. fraudulent)
Votes for "mmihail - Silver Caduceus" are pretty much all fraudulent, but you're unable to see it.

Well, I hope that your team's attitude regarding "exploits" differs from yours. Otherwise we have a huge problem here.

There were votes added later for DNA man, which I left. You have no way of knowing if you were the only voter. You only assume that all votes for mmihail - Silver Caduceus are all fraudulent, for some reason, but again you have no access to the data. I have access to the direct information. I'll do my best to spot fraudulent votes and keep good ones.

Remember that this is a community poll for a logo, not a national vote. The security preparations are minimal, but not nonexistent. If there is sufficient fraud because people can't restrain themselves, either to cheat OR "prove a point," I'm sure we can scrap the poll entirely, put on crowns and robes of the finest kind, and decree a winner from upon a golden throne which we will rent for the purpose.

I'd rather not though. Everyone act like adults with consciences and I'm sure we can get through the next few days fine.

(And stop telling others to cheat, dude. What do you think this is?)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:49:24 PM

Vote for me please

You can do it yourself man.
Google 'anonymizer' and you're good to go. Just don't submit a lot of votes within a small period of time.
Also don't use the ones from 1-2 pages of results - most of them've been "used" already.

no thanks i always hope to win these competitions by my design work

if the design does not speak for itself and to the community, i believe my design does not warrant being the logo for cure coin

Grin
seljak

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:54:54 PM

so we are over 100 pages...surely this means the price will go up now....right?  Wink
primeGPU

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:40:33 PM

(And stop telling others to cheat, dude. What do you think this is?)
I just don't know where to start...
This forum is about cryptocurrencies. Once agan, CRYPTOcurrencies.
If you think that you're fine with such childish security measures during this logo contest, it just makes me laugh.
If you have similar childish security measures within the rest of your team/development, it'd make me cry.

I started talking about cheating when I saw it. You basicly told me that you're fine with it, so I don't see what's your point.

Remember that this is a community poll for a logo, not a national vote
Just wow. I just feel bad for all thoses who spent their time on logo designs.
Also, I have invested a lot in CureCoin. A pathetic logo reduces the value of my holdings.
primeGPU

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:44:18 PM

There were votes added later for DNA man, which I left. You have no way of knowing if you were the only voter.
It's me who voted these two times after the initial 10 minute 'testing' interval. Are these two votes fraudulent now?

You only assume that all votes for mmihail - Silver Caduceus are all fraudulent, for some reason,
I told you my reasons. Please reread my post.
Also, I didn't assume that ALL votes were fraudulent.
Moreover, you failed to specify what a fraudulent vote is.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: