Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:56:18 AM

Hi guys,

We will have another thread openend for bounty discussions. I hope all will participate in this. And should you have ideas, dont hesitate to include them. Hope all of you will bring in and share good ideas from your involvement with many coins development experiences.

I've started a bounty discussion thread!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718077.0

DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:02:43 AM

Hi guys,

We will have another thread openend for bounty discussions. I hope all will participate in this. And should you have ideas, dont hesitate to include them. Hope all of you will bring in and share good ideas from your involvement with many coins development experiences.

I've started a bounty discussion thread!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718077.0

Wink nice.

raveldoni

Activity: 434

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:12:32 AM

Received my stake, Thanks! When will voting system be available?

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:13:20 AM

i think the market is waiting for news from dev.

The current price is very reasonable but it will easily 10x if any good news released from dev team.

I'm primarily interested in what is going to go on with the additional stakes, how voting will work, and if people sell their coin at all, will they get any future stakes or not.

I still have mine (actually assume I do, didn't check if it arrived yet), but if the coin does hit a decent price, it'd be nice to know if I should hold or wait for a vote on the rest of the coins.

There will be 3 types of voting method. Most likely we will choose the asset balance to vote. I think.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:26:22 AM

The current price is very reasonable but it will easily 10x if any good news released from dev team.

I'm primarily interested in what is going to go on with the additional stakes, how voting will work, and if people sell their coin at all, will they get any future stakes or not.

I still have mine (actually assume I do, didn't check if it arrived yet), but if the coin does hit a decent price, it'd be nice to know if I should hold or wait for a vote on the rest of the coins.

If we do end up giving the original stakeholders a top up from the left over stakes I think our only option is to use the original stakeholder list. If somebody chose to sell their stake early it doesn't change the fact that they were an original stakeholder. If a non-stakeholder buys a lot of ORA assets before the vote it doesn't change the fact that they weren't an original stakeholder.

My understanding of the NXT voting system is ALL ORA asset holders would be eligible to vote, even people who weren't original stakeholders but bought ORA on the NXT AE from early sellers.

Obviously someone's attitude to the left over stakes issue will be heavily influenced by whether they were an original stakeholder or not. If lots of non-stakeholders buy up dumped ORA assets I would assume they'll be less inclined to vote to give the original stakeholders a top up, and they'd be more inclined to vote for more bounties, or a second round of registrations. I might be wrong about that, but that seems logical.

It is possible to set some conditions on which asset holders can vote (e.g. how large their ORA balance is using the 'Balance threshold parameter'), but I'm not expert in the NXT voting system by any means. I'm still uncertain when the NXT voting system goes live.

My opinion is if somebody dumps early then they will probably weaken their chance of getting a top up, and if somebody buys ORA with 'valuable' NXT, then the ORA collective is swapping a less committed person, for a potentially more committed one, and I want to encourage committed people to join ORA and contribute wherever I can.

It would be nice to be able to vote asap, but we don't have any control over when the NXT voting system goes live.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:35:15 AM

My opinion is if somebody dumps early then they will probably weaken their chance of getting a top up, and if somebody buys ORA with 'valuable' NXT, then the ORA collective is swapping a less committed person, for a potentially more committed one, and I want to encourage committed people to join ORA and contribute wherever I can.

It would be nice to be able to vote asap, but we don't have any control over when the NXT voting system goes live.

Thanks for the reply. And yep, if coin holders are the ones voting, they will all vote for people holding the coin to receive more stakes, not the original stakeholders. Basically expect whomever votes, to vote themselves more coins... just human nature. I'd just go with giving out extra stakes to original stakeholders right now... but of course I'm an original stakeholder, so obviously I would say that.

I don't have plans to sell cheap, but if in the following weeks if I happen to check the exchange and for some reason the price is insane, I'd certainly be tempted to sell, like most people would be. It'll just be confusing if nobody knows how future stakes may or may not be given out, and to whom. Actually one way to keep the price stable and for people to dump less is to give out 2nd stakes based on how many coins people hold ... sort of like how comm did it. Although of course it did then dump after the 2nd round of stakes, but recovered decently. Then it just died of natural causes later on.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:42:11 AM

If we do end up giving the original stakeholders a top up from the left over stakes I think our only option is to use the original stakeholder list. If somebody chose to sell their stake early it doesn't change the fact that they were an original stakeholder. If a non-stakeholder buys a lot of ORA assets before the vote it doesn't change the fact that they weren't an original stakeholder.

My understanding of the NXT voting system is ALL ORA asset holders would be eligible to vote, even people who weren't original stakeholders but bought ORA on the NXT AE from early sellers.

Obviously someone's attitude to the left over stakes issue will be heavily influenced by whether they were an original stakeholder or not. If lots of non-stakeholders buy up dumped ORA assets I would assume they'll be less inclined to vote to give the original stakeholders a top up, and they'd be more inclined to vote for more bounties, or a second round of registrations. I might be wrong about that, but that seems logical.

It is possible to set some conditions on which asset holders can vote (e.g. how large their ORA balance is using the 'Balance threshold parameter'), but I'm not expert in the NXT voting system by any means. I'm still uncertain when the NXT voting system goes live.

Interesting thoughts. We should discuss this right away.

stoneone

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:48:19 AM

Bytemaster says he can help you clone btsx, whether to consider cloning btsx it?

I think it would be more valuable.
Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:21:14 AM

Bytemaster says he can help you clone btsx, whether to consider cloning btsx it?

My personal opinion would be guided heavily by the attitude of our lead dev, nioccoin, but I must admit this option does sound like a very interesting avenue to explore!!

jshow5555

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:31:09 AM

Giving a new free stake to the people who dumped their first free stake is something that is totally illogical. Why give them extra coins? To sell them again at first chance!

You can do two other things instead:

-Top up (as you call it) all original stakeholders who keep at least 166,666 Oras.

-Give the free shares to all current holders of Ora. I do not think those who did not own originally, but paid for their shares are less valuable, then the original owners. You can make additional modification to this to better serve your needs. (1.5 new stakes for original accounts with more than 166,666 coins and 1 new stake for new accounts with same amount or more)

On a semi-side note, if you decide to distribute the left over stake (or let’s say 50% of it) to current holders you can do it automatically as a dividend. Less work and fair as explained above.

ChenXue

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:05:01 AM

My personal opinion would be guided heavily by the attitude of our lead dev, nioccoin, but I must admit this option does sound like a very interesting avenue to explore!!
DEV,You should consider clone BTS not QORA
1.BTS use C++,it's better than java
2.We don't know when and how will QORA release the resources
3.We have a strong community and BTS have a long term development map.this is win-win
4.In my opnion,BTS is better than QORA
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:07:27 AM

3.We have a strong community and BTS have a long term development map.this is win-win

+1
momoka

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:10:40 AM

+1
Agree with you ,especially the first point
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:11:45 AM

Received my stake, Thanks!

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:12:06 AM

Giving a new free stake to the people who dumped their first free stake is something that is totally illogical. Why give them extra coins? To sell them again at first chance!

-Top up (as you call it) all original stakeholders who keep at least 166,666 Oras.

-Give the free shares to all current holders of Ora. I do not think those who did not own originally, but paid for their shares are less valuable, then the original owners. You can make additional modification to this to better serve your needs. (1.5 new stakes for original accounts with more than 166,666 coins and 1 new stake for new accounts with same amount or more)

On a semi-side note, if you decide to distribute the left over stake (or let’s say 50% of it) to current holders you can do it automatically as a dividend. Less work and fair as explained above.

There's some interesting suggestions here. We can set a balance requirement to prevent original stakeholders who dumped too heavily voting, but I'd be cautious of creating an incentive for non-stakeholders to buy up now in the hope that they would become eligible for any 'top up'. I think a bit of volatility in the day-to-day price attracts day traders which can give ORA more exposure, so that's a good thing, but I don't want to create a massive pump, as that would cause a subsequent crash. We don't want that IMO. Day trading yes, pump & dump no.

In less than 24 hours we've had 175 trades on the NXT AE. That is fantastic! ORA is the 15th most traded NXT asset, and we've been listed for about a day! We can expect some volatility as the market judges our progress, and that'll encourage day trading, and trading gives us lots of exposure, but a massive artificial surge in demand from people looking for a quick 'top up' will only lead to an equally massive dump. Let's avoid that if we can!

I'm just one opinion, and setting a minimum threshold for the vote is a good idea, but I think the original stakeholder list is what we're voting on. People who bought in after the first distribution were not original stakeholders, and maybe we can give them some reward in another way, but we should avoid a massive surge in demand from people seeking to get a 'top up' from the left over stakes.

edit: remember, I'm just another opinion, so if you think I'm wrong speak up. If most disagree with me, then my opinion loses! That is the ORA way Smiley

tinatinh

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:22:16 AM

There's some interesting suggestions here. We can set a balance requirement to prevent original stakeholders who dumped too heavily voting, but I'd be cautious of creating an incentive for non-stakeholders to buy up now in the hope that they would become eligible for any 'top up'. I think a bit of volatility in the day-to-day price attracts day traders which can give ORA more exposure, so that's a good thing, but I don't want to create a massive pump, as that would cause a subsequent crash. We don't want that IMO. Day trading yes, pump & dump no.

In less than 24 hours we've had 175 trades on the NXT AE. That is fantastic! ORA is the 15th most traded NXT asset, and we've been listed for about a day! We can expect some volatility as the market judges our progress, and that'll encourage day trading, and trading gives us lots of exposure, but a massive artificial surge in demand from people looking for a quick 'top up' will only lead to an equally massive dump. Let's avoid that if we can!

I'm just one opinion, and setting a minimum threshold for the vote is a good idea, but I think the original stakeholder list is what we're voting on. People who bought in after the first distribution were not original stakeholders, and maybe we can give them some reward in another way, but we should avoid a massive surge in demand from people seeking to get a 'top up' from the left over stakes.

edit: remember, I'm just another opinion, so if you think I'm wrong speak up. If most disagree with me, then my opinion loses! That is the ORA way Smiley

+1

Where nioccoin? I don't see him.
jshow5555

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:31:04 AM

I can see your points.

My main thing is that original stakeholders that did nothing more for the community and/ or Ora, other than get their stake and sell it, as fast as they can, are not of any value.

And we should avoid giving them additional stakes to do nothing with those new stakes, but sell them as fast as they can.

Henrietta.UK

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:32:56 AM

So,after distribute the coin,what's next?shouldn't build wallet?
tinatinh

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:37:04 AM

give the free shares to all current holders of Ora (Dumpers will not receive more any ORA)
berkelip

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:49:37 AM

I was using nxt online wallet to register the stake. And now how to claim the stake? Thanks

П    |⧛ Join the signature campaign and earn free PI dayli!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         PiCoin - get in now  ✅     No ICO!  ✅         |⧛
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: