Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
creamynebula

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:55:53 PM

>they need your private keys to give you the clams

but you can remove your btc and etc to another wallet before using your private key (of a now empty wallet) to get your clams, clams were awareded based on a previous data of the blockchain, its a not a thing that will be done on runtime

>And they tell you to put your entire wallet.dat folder into their program

that's not true, you didnt understand the original post at all, granted its a complicated idea indeed at first glance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Boomslang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:59:23 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 11:06:58 PM by Boomslang

I will say this for the devs.

They have not removed negative comments from the thread.

They have replied to people's concerns and tried their best to answer them.  They have done this in a mature and measured way which scam coins, if they are one, very rarely do.

I am not involved with them and will not be installing clam.

But I offer my respect for their endeavours - even if I think they are little misplaced - and the effort they have put in to both create clam in the first place and to resolve the questions that have been asked.

I have a growing feeling that their intentions may be honourable - but the complexity of installation, the uniqueness of the coin distribution and the cloud of unknowing that surrounds it all is putting a lot of people off.

Good luck.

creamynebula

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:41:14 PM

From which date was the data dump? I only have one btc private key from a multibit wallet that held different amounts of btc in the recent past, but unfortunately importing it to the CLAM wallet didnt yield any CLAM, so I guess the data dump was made before I received btc on this address
mibz0r

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:11:28 PM

From which date was the data dump? I only have one btc private key from a multibit wallet that held different amounts of btc in the recent past, but unfortunately importing it to the CLAM wallet didnt yield any CLAM, so I guess the data dump was made before I received btc on this address

How did you do this?
creamynebula

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:30:32 PM

How did you do this?

first make sure you understand that you shouldnt be exposing a private key to a address that still hold coins, so understand it and dtake the appropriate measures.

on multibit go tools -> export private keys

select "do not password protect" so you can read the keys in plaintext, then export it to a file, read the file in a text editor and copy the private key(s)

on CLAM go to help -> debug window -> console
importprivkey x  (where x is the private key you are importing)
restart clam and launch the wallet with the -salvagewallet argument
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:31:23 PM

Seeing how the dev's have reacted so far, and the system seems to be working well, this could be a very interesting experiment.

What is missing, is a proper UI for importing private keys in the core client.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:24:53 AM

Sorry if we have been a bit quiet;
We are trying to take stock and figure out what the best/most helpful way to move forward might be.

The first step will likely involve some type of tool to make it easy to import the walley/keys for less technical users.
One of the reasons we chose not to hold off launch for such a tool, is that we figured a foreign tool would be more off-putting to users.
Using client software that you are familiar with, and using some tool a stranger assures you is safe we figured were two very different propositions.
Plus, we are admittedly more "stimulated" by the technical side of things as opposed to the marketing aspects - sorry in advance if we ever fall short in that regard.

On to posts!

Heh, so if it is txout based (how CLAMs were given), and the dev's didn't try to give themselves a huge advantage, then the luckiest clam holders are probably p2pool miners that never merge their coins into single txouts.
Some major analysis on the CLAM chain and the prior imports is needed I think.  Should be very interesting.

In all honesty, this may be possible.  We have more than one pool administrator on the team, but it seems none of us has ever administered a p2pool.  I have personally mined p2pool, but at the time wasn't overly interested in whether or not the incoming coinbase transactions were routed to one address or many.

That said, if I am not mistaken, don't you use your wallet address as the worker name when you mine p2pool? 

If that is the case, and your incoming payments are routed there (I believe that is how it works) -> then this wouldn't be a concern. 

Addresses with more than one unspent output were still only counted once in the distribution, and additional occurrences would have been weeded out when duplicates were eliminated.

An interesting issue though, we would be interested to hear from any users who have a great deal of knowledge concerning p2pool.

Did you run -salvagewallet during the first load? Otherwise your wallet.dat will hold tx information for invalid tx's, thus the "too high" and "negative" errors i suspect.
Yes...  There are still tons of exceptions in the debug.log with -salvagewallet.

Code:
Renamed wallet.dat to wallet.1401006085.bak
Salvage(aggressive) found 1210 records
<tons of: ******* exception encountered ******* s>:
ERROR: CTransaction::CheckTransaction() : txout.nValue too high
ERROR: CTransaction::CheckTransaction() : txout.nValue negative
WARNING: CWalletDB::Recover skipping key:

Dratts! I am not the resident expert on the team, and they happen to be sleeping at the moment, but I know in my personal testing I certainly never ran into this issue. 

In the interest of attempting to be useful, and the risk of sounding un-informed while the real brains of the operation slumbers:

Might it be worth a go to do a sanity check and start the import from scratch again? 

Of coarse, always have a BACK-UP, especially when I don't have the wallet guy here to ensure I'm on the right track Tongue

I.e. Delete the entire AppData/clams/ folder, make sure the source client (BTC/LTC/DOGE) is NOT running (check tasks, give it a minute to finalize the DB as it shuts down), launch the CLAM client alone with the generated wallet, letting it sync, shut down the CLAM client ensuring that it also shuts down and detaches the DB, then move the import wallet.dat into the folder and run with "--salvagewallet". 

Another command line argument that might (don't quote me please) be helpful:  "--rescan". 

Possible console commands that might be helpful: checkwallet, repairwallet.

I wouldn't be horribly surprised if all of that was drivel -> but that is the type of wack-a-mole procedure I would go through given I was flying solo, trouble-shooting and knew I had a safe and sound back-up lying about.

Frankly, when we first got the framework set-up, I imported a wallet in all three chains to make sure all was working as planned (one of which was a very active pool wallet) and didn't run into any issues at all.

Kind of has me stumped  Huh

I only really use my Android wallet so I can't get these Sad

That should not be true. 

The majority of wallet providers that I am aware of do provide some means to gain access to your privateKeys.  At bare minimum, using an open-source tool such as pywallet.

^ However, we don't expect the average user to be able to consistently get that accomplished.  That is why one of our major next priorities is to begin chipping away at the dozens of wallet solutions for tools and tutorials that can help ease the import and transition for new users.

If anyone has a knack for explaining things in a less... superfluous..... manner, and some knowledge of how the wallet and key system works... We would certainly welcome help in getting all of this together with open arms.  Unfortunately, we do not have any conventional bounties or what-not to bribe you with - it would have to be just because you want to help out fellow CLAMS in getting their coins Cheesy

Every community needs ambassadors Smiley

I will say this for the devs.
They have not removed negative comments from the thread.
They have replied to people's concerns and tried their best to answer them.  They have done this in a mature and measured way which scam coins, if they are one, very rarely do.
I am not involved with them and will not be installing clam.
But I offer my respect for their endeavours - even if I think they are little misplaced - and the effort they have put in to both create clam in the first place and to resolve the questions that have been asked.
I have a growing feeling that their intentions may be honourable - but the complexity of installation, the uniqueness of the coin distribution and the cloud of unknowing that surrounds it all is putting a lot of people off.
Good luck.

Thanks for vote of semi-confidence Smiley

I still hope to some-day convince you to get your CLAMS Cheesy

Give it some time though, we knew going into this that it was sensitive and would take a bit for people to understand and be willing to go through the process.

The data dump was from roughly a week ago now, possible a tad more than that.  We ran into some problems with the send script if we stacked too many outgoing transactions into the mem-pool or set the block speed too high during the sending process, so the server ran non-stop for quite a period of time rolling out the sends.

Long story short, it took a while.  We tried to hurry and get everything in order for the launch as quickly as possible, but alas, things never move quite as quickly as one would hope.

Assuming you had coins in your wallet during that time period, and you didn't attempt to import a single key (as the coins might have been at what is called a "change" address at that time), they should be there!

How did you do this?
first make sure you understand that you shouldnt be exposing a private key to a address that still hold coins, so understand it and dtake the appropriate measures.
select "do not password protect" so you can read the keys in plaintext, then export it to a file, read the file in a text editor and copy the private key(s)

See! That is just the type of enthusiasm I was talking about when I mentioned community ambassadors Cheesy
Sure your not just dying to write up a plain english tutorial for Multi-Bit? Cheesy

I kid, I kid; but if by chance your willing, I think everyone would really appreciate it!  Wink Wink

Seeing how the dev's have reacted so far, and the system seems to be working well, this could be a very interesting experiment.
What is missing, is a proper UI for importing private keys in the core client.

Agreed, 100%

I think we were in a bit of a 'bubble' as they say. 

"Using the --salvagewallet parameter is a great method for users!  I mean everyone knows how to do that and it doesn't get any simpler!  We can write up the Omni-Tool for importing later when non-crypto-community users start to get interested!"

^^ Sometimes it is too easy to forget that not everyone understand a terminal and command line arguments.

Sincere Apologies -> that we intend to retract sometime in the near future after we hack, slash, and hammer out a better solution Cheesy

Phew!

Enough for now!

Think CLAMS is a cool idea? 

Let the exchange Poloniex know how you feel!
Might be just the nudge they need to join the CLAM party Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
mibz0r

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:34:25 PM

How did you do this?

Didn't work for me it just keeps saying invalid key, also I don't know how to export the private key from my Android to a readable format so yet again I'm feeling like I won't get the Clams assigned to my addresses Sad
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:13:35 PM

I spent 0.0002 BTC (transaction fee) to send my BTC on multibit, the result I have 4 CLAMs  Grin
the current high bid is 0.00003 BTC/1 CLAM  Huh
so i spent 0.0002 to have 0.00012 BTC?!  Angry
Kenta

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:10:06 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 11:44:07 PM by Kenta

I spent 0.0002 BTC (transaction fee) to send my BTC on multibit, the result I have 4 CLAMs  Grin

If you obtained them just to dump them, yes, why is that surprising?..

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Oldriga

Activity: 434

Universal Life Church Minister

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:27:54 AM

Cant understand  Huh if I use Electrum (Alt client) and never start original Bitcoin client.  Can i receive some CLAM`s?
Thank You

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 04:51:50 AM

Cant understand  Huh if I use Electrum (Alt client) and never start original Bitcoin client.  Can i receive some CLAM`s?
Thank You

Pretty much all of the "flavors" of wallet should provide a means for getting at your private keys.  The difficult part is that each will be slightly different.

In the case of Electrum, this post might be helpful:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum#Export_and_import_addresses

I hope that helps a bit, though it is slightly complicated if your not used to dealing with a daemon. 
If your still having troubles, please post back with as many specific details about what part your stuck on - and we will do our best to help you out!

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:00:32 AM

If you obtained them just to dump them, yes, why is that surprising?..

Two things to consider:

#1: We believe importing your wallet without moving your coins first is entirely safe.
-> Ergo: Moving the coins first is a safety per-caution for those who are skeptical.  We don't blame you at all; but it is not necessary.

#2: There is no current high bid.  CLAMS does not have enough volume at an exchange yet to have gone through the process of valuation.
-> Ergo: Only "God" and Oprah know what the price-point of CLAMS might end up being.

Sorry to hear about the high transaction fees you paid, and your distaste with the process Sad
Certainly wasn't our intention at all.

Our intention was to give everyone in Crypto free coins. Period Grin Grin Grin

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:05:03 AM

How did you do this?
Didn't work for me it just keeps saying invalid key, also I don't know how to export the private key from my Android to a readable format so yet again I'm feeling like I won't get the Clams assigned to my addresses Sad

Don't lose hope, friend Smiley

A MultiBit key dump should look something like this:

# KEEP YOUR PRIVATE KEYS SAFE !
# Anyone who can read this file can spend your bitcoin.
#
# Format:
#   <Base58 encoded private key>[<whitespace>[<key createdAt>]]
#
#   The Base58 encoded private keys are the same format as
#   produced by the Satoshi client/ sipa dumpprivkey utility.
#
#   Key createdAt is in UTC format as specified by ISO 8601
#   e.g: 2011-12-31T16:42:00Z . The century, 'T' and 'Z' are mandatory
#
KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX 2014-05-25T14:32:37Z
# End of private keys

If your dump doesn't look similar to that ^^^ Then, you likely need to click "Do not password protect" before you dump.

In that dump above, the privateKey you need to import is this string of characters:

KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

So the command:

importprivkey KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

^^ Should do the trick.

As far as the Android wallet, could you please link us directly to the Android wallet your speaking of?
So we can take a look and see if we can find any info for you?

Even if the above fails, don't give-up hope Grin

We intend to keep hammering away at this until we get it simplified and tutorialized.

Keep checking back with us!

guowenxuan

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:10:29 AM

do you  have some plan to develop,dev ?

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qahfn87hvpYSqdWqsaRCL7RQXC6CVNnP4z
Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! your VxNfEGn9nUibFQgAEd2mZGcrc1oc8gmU7n
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:25:12 AM

do you  have some plan to develop,dev ?

Let me shoot you straight:

Developers who list 5 dozen development goals, the first of which is "Take over the world", are either silly or liars.

Here is what I CAN tell you about our intentions at the moment:

- We have been working on this project, in one form or another, for quite some time.
What this means:  We don't intend to stop any time soon.  We hadn't anticipated folks having quite this much difficulty with the import process; that much is certain.  I think at the moment the primary goal should be simplifying the import process.  Without a community, CLAMS is just a good idea with a tech-demo.

- Crypto is(should be at least) a decentralized endeavor.
What this means:  We were hoping for some community involvement.  There are millions of people out there with un-redeemed CLAMS.  At least some of these people should have a say in the direction and "path" of future CLAMS development.  First, however, we need to get them here and interested.  I think simplifying the import process, along with attaining more markets for CLAMS should help achieve that goal.  We have had some personal conversations with a couple additional exchanges, and intend to continue these talks as much as possible.  In the end, we really need the help of those who have already started to become involved.  The voices of users can help immensely in securing additional exchanges and markets.

- As a development team, this process should start with a question; NOT an answer.
What this means: What are you folks interested in?  We love tech and interesting ideas.  But, we aren't the all mighty masters of the universe.  Why not start this whole process by asking YOU what YOU want to see in the future of CLAMS Grin

AllAltNews

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Follow @AllAltNews on Twitter and Facebook!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:31:32 AM

No Twitter or Facebook to help promote?

Aero - Innovation, Progression and Excellence!
Next big thing? AeroME, read the Whitepaper
mibz0r

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:02:13 AM

How did you do this?

Don't lose hope, friend Smiley

A MultiBit key dump should look something like this:

# KEEP YOUR PRIVATE KEYS SAFE !
# Anyone who can read this file can spend your bitcoin.
#
# Format:
#   <Base58 encoded private key>[<whitespace>[<key createdAt>]]
#
#   The Base58 encoded private keys are the same format as
#   produced by the Satoshi client/ sipa dumpprivkey utility.
#
#   Key createdAt is in UTC format as specified by ISO 8601
#   e.g: 2011-12-31T16:42:00Z . The century, 'T' and 'Z' are mandatory
#
KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX 2014-05-25T14:32:37Z
# End of private keys

If your dump doesn't look similar to that ^^^ Then, you likely need to click "Do not password protect" before you dump.

In that dump above, the privateKey you need to import is this string of characters:

KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

So the command:

importprivkey KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

^^ Should do the trick.

As far as the Android wallet, could you please link us directly to the Android wallet your speaking of?
So we can take a look and see if we can find any info for you?

Even if the above fails, don't give-up hope Grin

We intend to keep hammering away at this until we get it simplified and tutorialized.

Keep checking back with us!

Doesn't work, I did exactly what you said and it just says Invalid Private Key, as for the Android wallet I mean the Dogecoin wallet
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:54:37 AM

We added a new guide to the main Post for MultiBit!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please let us know how it works for you!

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:59:22 AM

This sounds fun and interesting. However, I was wondering, is there a way to check your clam balance (or the balance you are 'entitled' to)  without importing your wallet.dat first?

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: