Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:02:16 PM

I just heard of this and now I'm scanning all my old wallets digging for clams. What a fun concept!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

I just heard of this and now I'm scanning all my old wallets digging for clams. What a fun concept!

That's not even the interesting part.

There's a shortage of new scrypt coins and a glut of overpriced scrypt ASICs...
If they attract some serious hashing power Clams will rock.
rkfig

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:20:42 PM

Deleted everything and started over in case I just screwed up somehow. Still telling me the password is incorrect, but I have double verified that it is the correct one in the original dogecoin wallet. Ideas?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

Deleted everything and started over in case I just screwed up somehow. Still telling me the password is incorrect, but I have double verified that it is the correct one in the original dogecoin wallet. Ideas?

I had no trouble working with encrypted wallets. I just did a 'clamd walletpassphrase $pass 3600' then a 'clamd dumpprivkey $addr' to get the unencrypted private key. Then I could import the private key into my main clam wallet.

By the way, I'm new to proof of stake "mining".

Does it do any kind of brute-force search to mine blocks? I see stuff about a "target" and see it using a fair bit of CPU.

Also, I mined block 31337, bitches. Smiley

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
maccd123

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:26:29 PM

multibit copy over does not work for me although i have plenty of transactions in MAY in Bitcoin , much more than in my BTC wallet ( which did credit 4.6)

have tried

importwallet multibit.key

and

importPrivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxx ( taken from multibit logs)

NO Coins

anyone have success with multibit wallet?

any help would be appreciated

Q
Dont copy over Clam wallet.dat........ import .key to Clam wallet-qt file....type importPrivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxx  to debug option.
rkfig

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:30:56 PM

I had no trouble working with encrypted wallets. I just did a 'clamd walletpassphrase $pass 3600' then a 'clamd dumpprivkey $addr' to get the unencrypted private key. Then I could import the private key into my main clam wallet.

Does it do any kind of brute-force search to mine blocks? I see stuff about a "target" and see it using a fair bit of CPU.

Also, I mined block 31337, bitches. Smiley

Gives an error that the passphrase is incorrect. Exact same command on the original dogecoin wallet works perfectly however. Thanks for trying though.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:53:11 PM

Dooglas and about a dozen other folks:

It has been a crazy weekend for us; with the giveaway at Poloniex (thank you again Polo), attempting to finalize update #1, and continuing work on update #2.

There are about 3 pages of posts I have been intending to respond to - I haven't forgotten (and am not ignoring) you folks.

The refrigerator is empty and I have an opportunity to do a little grocery shopping while the other half watches the troop of children.

I intend to thoroughly pick through all of the posts when I get back in a few hours.

Thank you to everyone who has been involved in this ride with us -> Great things to come, and much work ahead Smiley

Cheers!

SuperCLAM.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:43:55 AM

how did you generate the chain ? you said you would post the script .

We have been hammering away at new development and haven't had a chance to get the scripts ready to be released yet, sorry triplef.

The process was simply to download the chains, use open source tools to parse out addresses with a balance, identify outputs/addresses that a balance below "dust" and remove them, then get it all together into a list of sendMany's.

Not all that complicated or difficult, but a pain none-the-less.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:45:31 AM

Watch my video for windows users on the first page for more help!!

I never properly thanked you -> I am sure a lot of people have been helped by your video already, and the contribution the CLAMS community is greatly appreciated Smiley

You should head on over to the Sub-Reddit and post the video, in case someone runs into us over there!

CLAMS Sub-Reddit

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:51:19 AM

Sorry if this was asked before(I may have over looked it) Does the multipool have any plans on adding x11/13/15/(whatever # that comes out next week)?

Indeed, there have been plans to add additional Algorithms, including SHA256 as well others.

If the pool sees more interest in the coming days, we are definitely planning on putting some time into expanding and improving it.

At the present, the next change will likely be the addition of more Stats.  Because the pool uses Pearl Payouts, our first priority is to get the per miner percentage of total hash contribution which payouts are based off of Smiley

Speaking of which, a payout should be kiting it's way out to miners soon!

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:52:29 AM

Does my Doge wallet need to be up to date?(17 weeks...) I have my Litecoin wallet fully updated, and that one worked. Smiley

Whether or not your DOGE/LTC/BTC client is sync'd or up to date does not matter what-so-ever.

The only thing that matters in claiming CLAMS is that the wallet had a balance mid-May when the distribution was sent.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:55:45 AM

We just have had two little bubbles in few hours, clams seems to follow btc life at 100x speed, now waiting for the next peak  Smiley

We expect CLAMS to have a very unusual market cycle.  That said, as always, it is important that anyone considering investing in CLAMS do their own research.

It our personal opinion that the effects of Supply and Demand caused by the distribution will favor CLAMS in the market, but only time will tell as investors find an equilibrium price over time.

It was the goal of choosing Proof-Of-Chain distribution that as many people as possible become aware of CLAMS.  This would hopefully cause Supply(CLAM claiming) to track Awareness.  We believe awareness is extremely important to a crypto at this stage in the game.

Regardless, we have no intention of going anywhere, anytime soon.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:57:34 AM

Read the OP, full of excitement like "holy fuck, should have a look if there are CLAMS in my BTC wallet" . Till I read: "Mac OS wallet: coming soon..."
Yaya...it's always the same Wink

The Mac OSX wallet should be released with the first update, which is targetted at the moment to be released sometime this week, possibly quite soon.

Until then, there are some community released OSX builds, but you should be very careful and take security precautions if you choose to use these as we have not vetted and were not involved in compiling them.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:59:18 AM

Don't lose hope, friend Smiley
A MultiBit key dump should look something like this:
# KEEP YOUR PRIVATE KEYS SAFE !
# Anyone who can read this file can spend your bitcoin.
#
# Format:
#   <Base58 encoded private key>[<whitespace>[<key createdAt>]]
#
#   The Base58 encoded private keys are the same format as
#   produced by the Satoshi client/ sipa dumpprivkey utility.
#
#   Key createdAt is in UTC format as specified by ISO 8601
#   e.g: 2011-12-31T16:42:00Z . The century, 'T' and 'Z' are mandatory
#
KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX 2014-05-25T14:32:37Z
# End of private keys
If your dump doesn't look similar to that ^^^ Then, you likely need to click "Do not password protect" before you dump.
In that dump above, the privateKey you need to import is this string of characters:
KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX
So the command:
importprivkey KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX
^^ Should do the trick.
this did not work for for me, or rather the Base58 private key import did not work, wallet said: "Invalid private key (code -5)"
i was able to import priv key though using the Bitcoin-QT format
result:
got my 4.6 each from doge wallet and bitcoin wallet
also, can you update OP with the specs regarding PoS such as min age and max age? how many confirms and how many blocks before able to spend
thank you

Will do! Sorry it took so long Tongue

Updating the OP Post now!

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:03:11 AM

I own doge at a exchnage , can i download Doge wallet tonight and still get the free clam
i am little confused - is it possible for scamer to get the free CLAMS then just move the doge to a new wallet ?
wont work, the clams have already been distributed based on a snapshot of the doge/ltc/btc blockchain prior to  ~may 16
that is why if you have qualms about importing your doge/ltc/btc wallet (privkey), you can move your coins to a new wallet and import old wallet with 0 balance to claim clams

Thank you so much for taking the time to help in the thread here istvandv Smiley

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:04:18 AM

I own doge at a exchnage , can i download Doge wallet tonight and still get the free clam
i am little confused - is it possible for scamer to get the free CLAMS then just move the doge to a new wallet ?
wont work, the clams have already been distributed based on a snapshot of the doge/ltc/btc blockchain prior to  ~may 16
that is why if you have qualms about importing your doge/ltc/btc wallet (privkey), you can move your coins to a new wallet and import old wallet with 0 balance to claim clams
thankyou
very clear - OP should quote this as is was easy to understand

Not a bad idea, adding some information about coins being un-"fudgeable" via movement.

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:23:32 AM

Yes. It's basically CPU mining, but the client will only try to generate a block when it is actually eligible. It is not mining 24/7.

(Still, would be interesting if the client was able to outsource mining to an ASIC as necessary. Wonder if this can be done, and whether it would give you any advantage?)
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:31:42 AM

can you add a paper wallet  KEY ?
how do we do it ?

The key should be in WIF(wallet import format) for the importprivkey command (I believe).

I would expect that your papet wallet likely has your key in that format.
Nothing stopping you from trying, regardless.  If you do, please report back with exactly what paper wallet software you used, and what your results were.  We will post it in the OP post Grin

Yes. It's basically CPU mining, but the client will only try to generate a block when it is actually eligible. It is not mining 24/7.
(Still, would be interesting if the client was able to outsource mining to an ASIC as necessary. Wonder if this can be done, and whether it would give you any advantage?)

Proof-Of-Stake uses something called the stakeModifier to prevent folks from brute forcing stake blocks.
Proof-Of-Stake is still new and essentially being tested, but has fared quite well thus far - CLAMS itself was in some ways an attempt at testing PoS, as we did not have a public mining period, i.e. as far as I am aware are the first truly PURE Proof-Of-Stake coin, though I may be missing an IPO or Giveaway coin I am unaware of.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:35:17 AM

It is possible to tell if you have clams just by putting the public address in the block chain explorer?

This is theoretically possible, but made much more difficult for a couple of reasons.

#1 The protocol uses something that are called "change addresses".  Every time you send coins, the remaining unused coins from those outputs are sent to a "change address" in your wallet.  This means that your BTC/LTC/DOGE is very likely not presently controlled by the privateKey/publicKey/Address set that you think it is.

#2 It is possible to convert your BTC/LTC/DOGE address into a CLAMS prefix/network address, but not extremely simple.  I believe we used python or GO to get in done when we did the distribution.  You would have to convert it to check.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:36:52 AM

What about MultiDoge wallets? I tried same way like Multibit but doesn't work.

I see no reason at all that MultiDoge should not function very similarly as MultiBit.

Has anyone in the community successfully converted a MultiDoge wallet and claimed CLAMS?

If so, we would certainly appreciate a report on how it went for you, or even a guide that we could post in the OP Post.

We would be more than happy to post your donation CLAMS address below your guide if you were to do so!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: