Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2026, 09:38:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 502 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1153889 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
air139
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 52
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:13:57 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 08:51:25 PM by air139
 #341

All clams sent to my wallet never show up, and the mining part is super opaque/non transparent and has not paid out either. Does this mean all the clams I bought on poloniex are vanished in transaction?

Withdrawals from poloniex.com disappear... whelp, that sucked.
percocet
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 222
Merit: 102


View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:14:19 PM
 #342

Last night I tried asking the girl at the bar if she would show me her CLAM but all I got was a slap in the face  Grin
maccaspacca
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 278
Merit: 258


Twitter: @maccaspacca1


View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:35:50 PM
 #343

Fantastic idea

Loaded my doge wallet and got 9.2 clam Smiley

The clams are now worth 1000 times more than the doge in the wallet

Happy days !!!


Bitkol
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:39:50 PM
 #344

Directory.io's keys were used on this coin? As far as i knew, those keys were fake..
nikos64
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 283
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:56:11 PM
 #345

Fantastic idea

Loaded my doge wallet and got 9.2 clam Smiley

The clams are now worth 1000 times more than the doge in the wallet

Happy days !!!


How did you get 9.2?
So, is it if you have 2 addresses with some doge in it, you get more coins?
No, if your wallet was very active you get more. I got 7X the normal coins for my DOGE wallet (32) but only the standard 4.6 for my LTC wallet which had 5-10 transactions.
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335



View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:54:15 AM
 #346

Just add "--salvagewallet" (no quotes, with a space separating what is already there) to the end in the field.

The source code says it's -salvagewallet with a single dash.

It works whether you use one dash or two.

I just imported a dogecoin wallet.

Soon after the -salvagewallet finished, I used 'clamd getbalance' to show my balance - there were some clams in there.

I waited half an hour for more of the blockchain to sync, checked again, and my balance had decreased.

What's that about?

Edit: I guess 'getbalance' defaults to showing confirmed balance, and I had staking enabled, which made some of my clams go unconfirmed?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Zer0Sum
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:05:09 AM
 #347


I like the way this is trading...
No real dumping and decent 10-20 BTC/day volume.

This could get interesting as more people scan their wallets every day.
SuperClam (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002


CLAM Developer


View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:23:06 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 02:33:20 AM by SuperClam
 #348

Just add "--salvagewallet" (no quotes, with a space separating what is already there) to the end in the field.
The source code says it's -salvagewallet with a single dash.
It works whether you use one dash or two.
I just imported a dogecoin wallet.
Soon after the -salvagewallet finished, I used 'clamd getbalance' to show my balance - there were some clams in there.
I waited half an hour for more of the blockchain to sync, checked again, and my balance had decreased.
What's that about?
Edit: I guess 'getbalance' defaults to showing confirmed balance, and I had staking enabled, which made some of my clams go unconfirmed?

Indeed, coins involved in, and created by, a coinStake transaction/block do not show up in getbalance until they have reconfirmed.

If you would like to limit this, you can set a "reservebalance" or set staking to false entirely.

Will have to check into the double dash; I would have swore the double dash was required but it wouldn't be the first FUBAR I had made.



By the way, thankful to see a member with some clout involved in CLAMS.
You are always welcome.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
kingscrown
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 672
Merit: 500


http://fuk.io - check it out!


View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:30:09 AM
 #349

wow nice idea!

SpeedDemon13
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 518
Merit: 500



View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:47:08 AM
 #350

Got zero balance of CLAM with the BTC wallet.dat. Guess I'm unlucky...lol I do have a balance on my BTC wallet, but the wallet is encrypted.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
Apostle4444
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 835
Merit: 500



View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:01:00 AM
 #351

Got zero balance of CLAM with the BTC wallet.dat. Guess I'm unlucky...lol I do have a balance on my BTC wallet, but the wallet is encrypted.
Doesn't matter as long as it was active and had a balance before May.
FFrost
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:05:33 AM
 #352

Isn't this all a bit untrustworthy since we have to import our wallet.dat into the wallet and trust that you don't steal our keys. Surely this is another pump and dump?
yampi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 433
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:07:15 AM
 #353

Isn't this all a bit untrustworthy since we have to import our wallet.dat into the wallet and trust that you don't steal our keys. Surely this is another pump and dump?

Transfer your funds to another wallet and never use the wallet you are going to import to CLAM ever again.
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335



View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:36:21 AM
 #354

Indeed, coins involved in, and created by, a coinStake transaction/block do not show up in getbalance until they have reconfirmed.

Is there some way I can get a list of all the addresses which have unspent coins?

I can use "listunspent" but it doesn't show the ones that have been involved in staking recently, not even if I use "listunspent 0". I'm guessing I need hundreds of confirmations before I can use those coins again - but I'd like to get a list of the addresses with funds so I can export their privkeys and import them into my main wallet.

Will have to check into the double dash; I would have swore the double dash was required but it wouldn't be the first FUBAR I had made.

I've checked. I was surprised the double-dash worked, but it did. And so did the single dash.

By the way, thankful to see a member with some clout involved in CLAMS.
You are always welcome.

Anyone who wants to give me free money will generally get my attention. Smiley

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ghostman9559
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:44:16 AM
 #355

I had a (very small) balance on my Doge wallet, and had 25 transactions all during February. My wallet however was stuck on a fork so I tried to resolve it by downloading the latest wallet, and eventually re-downloading the whole chain. The wallet has just updated though I've tried everything I could think of to get it working, and am at a loss unless I needed transactions past February as well. I changed the previous .dat over to the new doge wallet, updated it, copy/paste to the clam wallet, and still no clams to be found...
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335



View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:45:38 AM
 #356

Sorry, but I am not handing over my private keys. This looks like a risky precedent. You should have thought of some way for the owners to prove they had the required wallet private key by generating a public key, or sequence of public keys, or sending dust or similar. Any protocol that requires the private keys is suspect.

You don't need to hand over your private keys, any more than you hand over your private keys when you run bitcoin-qt.

Your private keys are used to sign transactions, the same way as they are in Bitcoin.

The difference here is that all private keys which had non-dust balances on some date in May this year were sent 4 clams.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335



View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:52:03 AM
 #357

Also, I forgot to mention.

Although the -salvagewallet flag did work, and did end up giving me some clams, while it was running the debug.log was spewing out lots and lots of messages like this:

Code:
******* exception encountered *******
/path/to/clamd[0x53a75c]
/path/to/clamd[0x422647]
/path/to/clamd[0x47e127]
/path/to/clamd[0x49e975]
/path/to/clamd[0x480011]
/path/to/clamd[0x4a4678]
/path/to/clamd[0x5658fb]
/path/to/clamd[0x56713d]
/path/to/clamd[0x53fe93]
/path/to/clamd[0x4500f3]
/path/to/clamd[0x4529b9]
/path/to/clamd[0x41839a]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x7f406b3bbec5]
/path/to/clamd[0x41d88b]


******* exception encountered *******
/path/to/clamd[0x53a75c]
/path/to/clamd[0x422647]
/path/to/clamd[0x47e127]
/path/to/clamd[0x49e975]
/path/to/clamd[0x480011]
/path/to/clamd[0x4a4678]
/path/to/clamd[0x5658fb]
/path/to/clamd[0x56713d]
/path/to/clamd[0x53fe93]
/path/to/clamd[0x4500f3]
/path/to/clamd[0x4529b9]
/path/to/clamd[0x41839a]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x7f406b3bbec5]
/path/to/clamd[0x41d88b]


******* exception encountered *******
/path/to/clamd[0x53a75c]
/path/to/clamd[0x422647]
/path/to/clamd[0x47e127]
/path/to/clamd[0x49e975]
/path/to/clamd[0x480011]
/path/to/clamd[0x4a4678]
/path/to/clamd[0x5658fb]
/path/to/clamd[0x56713d]
/path/to/clamd[0x53fe93]
/path/to/clamd[0x4500f3]
/path/to/clamd[0x4529b9]
/path/to/clamd[0x41839a]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x7f406b3bbec5]
/path/to/clamd[0x41d88b]

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ghostman9559
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:00:28 AM
 #358

So I'm guessing the reason why I didn't get any clams is that my wallet was forked, and therefor could not be verified, or sent clams regardless of me being eligible for them. Sad
kbroadfoot
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000


Bass Player


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:09:57 AM
 #359

Well, I got 1 order of clams with an old wallet, neat stuff  Smiley

garthkiser
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 176
Merit: 100



View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:31:58 AM
 #360

Here's a short article I wrote about CLAMS, my new favorite cryptocurrency. Read it then prepare for all the copycats by spreading dust to 100's of bitcoin accounts Smiley

http://www.blockchange.info/altcoins/digging-for-clams/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 502 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!