Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:13:06 AM

I just played at https://www.joker21.com - BlackJack for CLAM.

People in the Just-Dice chat were complaining it was "rigged" and asked me to go check it out, so I did.

I didn't identify myself there, just turned up as a random player. There's a faucet which sometimes gave me 5000 clamtoshis and sometimes just 1337, but either way that's enough to try the site out.

The dealer got lucky a few times, but that happens. I was able to turn my 5k to 20k before busting it.

Then I deposited 10 CLAM, and was able to bet 1 CLAM a few times, getting up to 11 or 12 CLAM before the max bet dropped below 1 CLAM. I bet 0.8 CLAM a few times and ended up withdrawing 10.6 CLAM. The withdrawal was instant.

The site appeared to crash a couple of times while I was playing, the animations are a bit glitchy, when the dealer has an ace it shows as being worth "1/10" when it should be "1/11", and CBI was complaining of losing a hand where he split 10's, got a 21, and lost to a 5-card 21 by the dealer. "Dealer 5 card Charlies aren't a thing" or something.

More seriously, I couldn't see the rules listed anywhere on the site, and there's nothing about how the probable fairness works. It shows you a sha256 hash of a list of cards before you play, and publishes the list of cards afterwards, but there's also a client seed (integer) and no indication of how the client seed affects the shuffle. So it's maybe provably fair, but there's not enough information on the site to know for sure, since I've no idea how to verify the deals.

Thanks for the review, they are new and will improve their services.
Now what would it take for the price of CLAM to go to 0.1 ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:17:26 AM

How about counterparty for CLAM?
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:20:53 PM

I've never understood why people like the counterparty platform. Using the system is not that great, for example to send/receive counterparty assets you still need bitcoin to fund the transaction. Yes, it's a small amount, but it rides on top of the bitcoin protocol. I was using sjcx (storj) which is a counterparty asset and not only was the wallet process confusing, but I had to use bitcoin to move it around. I wasn't pleased with counterparty... same with ripple.

No harm, no foul, just my opinion. Cheesy
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:36:37 PM

could you shed some light for us regarding the provably fair option on your ex website? thanks

I think the main problem is that he just bought a blackjack script from a third party and doesn't really know how it works.

It's probably best to move joker21 discussion to its own thread.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
yampi

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:26:39 PM

I've never understood why people like the counterparty platform. Using the system is not that great, for example to send/receive counterparty assets you still need bitcoin to fund the transaction. Yes, it's a small amount, but it rides on top of the bitcoin protocol. I was using sjcx (storj) which is a counterparty asset and not only was the wallet process confusing, but I had to use bitcoin to move it around. I wasn't pleased with counterparty... same with ripple.

No harm, no foul, just my opinion. Cheesy

Good points.
Perhaps implementing one of the colored coin wallets for CLAM would be a better idea.
eprocent

Activity: 826
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:23:53 PM

To mine claim, what should I do. I downloaded waletul and now it sync. How undermines Proof of stake? It is necessary for me to send clams in wallet? What is the optimal amount of clams mining stake? As reward I get and how long stake start? Thank You.
eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:27:54 PM

To mine claim, what should I do. I downloaded waletul and now it sync. How to minting Proof of stake clams? It is necessary for me to send clams in wallet? What is the optimal amount of clams mining stake? As reward I get and how long stake start? Thank You.
Sorry for my poor english.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:03:25 PM

To mine claim, what should I do. I downloaded waletul and now it sync. How to minting Proof of stake clams? It is necessary for me to send clams in wallet? What is the optimal amount of clams mining stake? As reward I get and how long stake start? Thank You.

You stack clam, you don't mine them because the coin is proof of stake. To stake, you need to have your clams in your clam client and be connected or be invested in the just-dice bankroll or in a clam pool.
eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 10:45:45 PM

You stack clam, you don't mine them because the coin is proof of stake. To stake, you need to have your clams in your clam client and be connected or be invested in the just-dice bankroll or in a clam pool.

If I transferred clams in wallet, and are connected to the network, I will get reward? How long and in what amount received reward? Thank You.
yampi

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:54:48 PM

If I transferred clams in wallet, and are connected to the network, I will get reward? How long and in what amount received reward? Thank You.

You need A LOT OF clams to be able to stake.
Best to just deposit them in just dice and invest them in the bankroll.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:13:32 AM

If you have about 380 CLAM you can expect to stake one block per day on average right now. Some days you won't stake any; other days you'll stake 2 or 3 blocks.

If you have less, you can expect to stake less often. Your chance of staking is proportional to the amount of CLAM in your wallet.

The difficulty goes up over time as the number of CLAMs trying to stake keeps increasing, so soon you'll need 400 CLAM to expect to stake once per day.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 02:56:10 AM

If you have about 380 CLAM you can expect to stake one block per day on average right now. Some days you won't stake any; other days you'll stake 2 or 3 blocks.

If you have less, you can expect to stake less often. Your chance of staking is proportional to the amount of CLAM in your wallet.

The difficulty goes up over time as the number of CLAMs trying to stake keeps increasing, so soon you'll need 400 CLAM to expect to stake once per day.

Thanks doogplus. If I have 400 clams, how to obtain daily reward? Please answer only those who know for sure. Thank You.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:26:22 AM

Thanks doogplus. If I have 400 clams, how to obtain daily reward? Please answer only those who know for sure. Thank You.

All you need to do is leave your wallet online, and if it is password protected, make sure you have unlocked it for staking. If it isn't password protected, just leave it running.

Coins will only stake if they haven't been involved in a transaction in the last 4 hours, so don't move them around if you don't need to. And after staking, they can't stake again for 500 blocks (which takes about 8 hours).

I would recommend adding

splitsize=5

to your clam.conf file. It's in the same folder as your clam wallet.dat. If it doesn't exist, you can make it, add that line, and restart the client. It will arrange for your 400 CLAMs to be split into 80 separate outputs of size 5 when they first stake. That's good because otherwise you need to wait 8 hours every time you stake.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 03:31:31 AM

All you need to do is leave your wallet online, and if it is password protected, make sure you have unlocked it for staking. If it isn't password protected, just leave it running.

Coins will only stake if they haven't been involved in a transaction in the last 4 hours, so don't move them around if you don't need to. And after staking, they can't stake again for 500 blocks (which takes about 8 hours).

I would recommend adding

splitsize=5

to your clam.conf file. It's in the same folder as your clam wallet.dat. If it doesn't exist, you can make it, add that line, and restart the client. It will arrange for your 400 CLAMs to be split into 80 separate outputs of size 5 when they first stake. That's good because otherwise you need to wait 8 hours every time you stake.

I want to know a certain number of clams reward per 400 clams deposit or a daily rate.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:53:39 AM

I want to know a certain number of clams reward per 400 clams deposit or a daily rate.

Staking has a large element of luck to it.

If you're asking "exactly how many CLAM will I stake per day if I have 400 CLAM?" then I can't tell you, other than "it depends how lucky you are; you'll average a little over 1 CLAM per day, but it could take a week for your first stake if you're unlucky".

Every 16 seconds all the outputs in your wallet get a chance of staking. An sha256 hash is done of a bunch of things, including the time (rounded down to a multiple of 16 seconds since the epoch), and some unique properties of each output. If the hash is lower than the current target times the value of the output, you get to stake the next block. In that respect it's like Bitcoin mining - you can buy the fastest ASIC there is and still not mine any blocks if you're unlucky. Or you can mine on your CPU and find a block very quickly if you have amazing luck.

Or did I misunderstand your question?

The reward is "1 CLAM plus transaction fees" each time you stake a block.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:01:36 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 06:31:57 AM by eprocent

If you're asking "exactly how many CLAM will I stake per day if I have 400 CLAM?" then I can't tell you, other than "it depends how lucky you are; you'll average a little over 1 CLAM per day (1 for 400 CLAMs per day), but it could take a week for your first stake if you're unlucky".

Every 16 seconds all the outputs in your wallet get a chance of staking. An sha256 hash is done of a bunch of things, including the time (rounded down to a multiple of 16 seconds since the epoch), and some unique properties of each output. If the hash is lower than the current target times the value of the output, you get to stake the next block. In that respect it's like Bitcoin mining - you can buy the fastest ASIC there is and still not mine any blocks if you're unlucky. Or you can mine on your CPU and find a block very quickly if you have amazing luck.

From what I understand from you, is that the reward is about 0.25 percent per day but as an average of 1 clam is calculated at a higher number of days. I mean ... I'll get CLAM Average 1 per day, but by calculating the average over several days not just one day. So you wanted to tell me through the above?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:49:23 AM

I would recommend adding

splitsize=5

A bit interested in this so the Clam wallet will stop staking once it finds a result, for eight hours (500 Blocks) but if you break the same 400 coins into 5 clam units it will continue staking through the period with the other 395 while the 5 clams that staked are processing the transaction.

Kind of wondering what the advantage is to having them all in one large lump sum instead of say split size 1 instead unless it makes it faster to find blocks with the 400 in a group staking versus separately.
(JD finds them often assume their is a split size there or it would only find one every 8 hours ^^)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:29:00 PM

Just Dice is fun as Smiley although I lost everything after getting too greedy I'm going to be coming back to try to win it all back plus some Tongue
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:59:20 PM

Just Dice is fun as Smiley although I lost everything after getting too greedy I'm going to be coming back to try to win it all back plus some Tongue
yea same here got greedy lol

eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 05:10:25 PM

If you're asking "exactly how many CLAM will I stake per day if I have 400 CLAM?" then I can't tell you, other than "it depends how lucky you are; you'll average a little over 1 CLAM per day (1 for 400 CLAMs per day), but it could take a week for your first stake if you're unlucky".

From what I understand from you, is that the reward is about 0.25 percent per day but as an average of 1 clam is calculated at a higher number of days. I mean ... I'll get CLAM Average 1 per day, but by calculating the average over several days not just one day. So you wanted to tell me through the above?

What is the min stake age?
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: