Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:44:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150753 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:40:00 PM

From what I understand from you, is that the reward is about 0.25 percent per day but as an average of 1 clam is calculated at a higher number of days. I mean ... I'll get CLAM Average 1 per day, but by calculating the average over several days not just one day. So you wanted to tell me through the above?

It's hard to give you precise answers when you take my words and paraphrase them badly. But I think you have mostly understood what I was trying to tell you.

The minimum block reward is 1 CLAM, and the process is effectively random. So I'm not saying you'll earn 1 CLAM per day, but your expectation is in that ballpark.

A bit interested in this so the Clam wallet will stop staking once it finds a result, for eight hours (500 Blocks) but if you break the same 400 coins into 5 clam units it will continue staking through the period with the other 395 while the 5 clams that staked are processing the transaction.

Kind of wondering what the advantage is to having them all in one large lump sum instead of say split size 1 instead unless it makes it faster to find blocks with the 400 in a group staking versus separately.
(JD finds them often assume their is a split size there or it would only find one every 8 hours ^^)

Your balance is always made up of some finite number of unspent transaction outputs. Those outputs stake independently. When an output stakes, its value increases by 1 CLAM (plus any tx fees) and then can't stake again for 8 hours (500 blocks). So if all your balance is in a single output, your whole balance is tied up for 8 hours each time it stakes. If you have the client set to split your outputs when they stake, then your whole balance will still be tied up for 8 hours after it stakes the first time, but after that you'll have lots of separate small outputs staking independently. When any one of those outputs stakes, only that output will be tied up for 8 hours. The rest will continue trying to stake.

The advantage to keeping your coins in relatively few large outputs:

* you can spend large (in CLAMs) amounts without creating large (in bytes) transactions; if you have a thousand 0.001 CLAM outputs and try to spend them all at once, the transaction size will probably exceed the network limit
* you can check your outputs for staking opportunities relatively quickly; JD used to have close to 100,000 separate outputs in its wallet; it takes quite a while to check them all every 16 seconds to see if they can stake or not; I have since recombined the smallest outputs so now most outputs are in the 10 to 20 CLAM range instead of all being 4 CLAMs.

What is the min stake age?

4 hours since last transaction; 500 blocks since last stake

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eprocent

Activity: 826
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

From what I understand from you, is that the reward is about 0.25 percent per day but as an average of 1 clam is calculated at a higher number of days. I mean ... I'll get CLAM Average 1 per day, but by calculating the average over several days not just one day. So you wanted to tell me through the above?

It's hard to give you precise answers when you take my words and paraphrase them badly. But I think you have mostly understood what I was trying to tell you.

The minimum block reward is 1 CLAM, and the process is effectively random. So I'm not saying you'll earn 1 CLAM per day, but your expectation is in that ballpark.

A bit interested in this so the Clam wallet will stop staking once it finds a result, for eight hours (500 Blocks) but if you break the same 400 coins into 5 clam units it will continue staking through the period with the other 395 while the 5 clams that staked are processing the transaction.

Kind of wondering what the advantage is to having them all in one large lump sum instead of say split size 1 instead unless it makes it faster to find blocks with the 400 in a group staking versus separately.
(JD finds them often assume their is a split size there or it would only find one every 8 hours ^^)

Your balance is always made up of some finite number of unspent transaction outputs. Those outputs stake independently. When an output stakes, its value increases by 1 CLAM (plus any tx fees) and then can't stake again for 8 hours (500 blocks). So if all your balance is in a single output, your whole balance is tied up for 8 hours each time it stakes. If you have the client set to split your outputs when they stake, then your whole balance will still be tied up for 8 hours after it stakes the first time, but after that you'll have lots of separate small outputs staking independently. When any one of those outputs stakes, only that output will be tied up for 8 hours. The rest will continue trying to stake.

The advantage to keeping your coins in relatively few large outputs:

* you can spend large (in CLAMs) amounts without creating large (in bytes) transactions; if you have a thousand 0.001 CLAM outputs and try to spend them all at once, the transaction size will probably exceed the network limit
* you can check your outputs for staking opportunities relatively quickly; JD used to have close to 100,000 separate outputs in its wallet; it takes quite a while to check them all every 16 seconds to see if they can stake or not; I have since recombined the smallest outputs so now most outputs are in the 10 to 20 CLAM range instead of all being 4 CLAMs.

What is the min stake age?

4 hours since last transaction; 500 blocks since last stake

Thank you very much!
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:49:09 PM

Just Dice is fun as Smiley although I lost everything after getting too greedy I'm going to be coming back to try to win it all back plus some Tongue
yea same here got greedy lol

Gamblers are going to go play, invest sometimes, divest, play then eventually most of them will lose and buy more clam that will end up in the bankroll.
Investors will tend to keep adding to their holdings by buying more clams rather than divest their clam even as the price goes up. More people will want to invest. They will need to buy clam to invest.
Some investors will divest and get some btc to save in btc or change it for fiat but most of the clam that are lost should stay in the bankroll in the current way things are.
As just-dice will naturally grow, as more people will use internet, as more people will know and use crypto, as more people will know and use clam; more people will play and invest in clam which means the price of clam should increase.

Prediction : we will pass 0.01 again by June 1st; 0.03 by September 1st and 0.05 by December 31th of this year.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 11:52:53 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 12:11:03 AM by organofcorti

I apologise if this has already been answered, but how do you fix 'stuck' txs? The tx has a fee included, but after several hours was still at 0 confirms.

I've tried clamd -rescan and clamd -reindex, neither of which worked. What's the right way to 'unstick' a clam tx?

Edit: It finally went through about 10 minutes after the rescan completed.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 12:41:33 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 01:24:50 AM by SuperClam

I apologise if this has already been answered, but how do you fix 'stuck' txs? The tx has a fee included, but after several hours was still at 0 confirms.
I've tried clamd -rescan and clamd -reindex, neither of which worked. What's the right way to 'unstick' a clam tx?

Welcome to CLAMs organofcorti  Cool

Obviously, under normal circumstances, they shouldn't get stuck at all.
Would love some details either via thread, PM, git, or #clams IRC @ freenode.

For posterity:

If you were running two instances of the client/daemon, shutting one down and running a -rescan(or worse case a -salvagewallet) should solve the problem.

If for some reason your chain itself is stuck (not progressing, doesn't match block explorer), report the issue, update the client/daemon, -reindex should fix the problem.

If you sent a zero fee transaction and no one is willing to include it in a block, you can stake/mine the transaction into a block yourself, or have someone else do so for you.

If the transaction is actually a broadcast block/features the newer split features or CLAM specific features such a checklocktimeverify, or doesn't fit any of the above cases, please report the problem immediately so it can be looked into.

Cheers! Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:21:17 AM

Welcome to CLAMs organofcorti  Cool

What details do you need?

SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:39:23 AM

Welcome to CLAMs organofcorti  Cool
What details do you need?

Anything unusual or non-standard about the transaction itself?
Were more than one client/daemon running at the same time with the same wallet/keys?
Was the client properly sync'd to the chain during the time in which the transaction was not confirming?
Anything anomalous in the debug logs file?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 09:59:55 AM

Looks like possible CLAM roulette.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990126.msg10773184#msg10773184

Having investigated very much yet.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:30:29 PM

There's code that automatically resends our transactions in the event that they need resending:

Code:
void CWallet::ResendWalletTransactions(bool fForce)
{
    if (!fForce)
    {
        // Do this infrequently and randomly to avoid giving away
        // that these are our transactions.
        static int64_t nNextTime;
        if (GetTime() < nNextTime)
            return;
        bool fFirst = (nNextTime == 0);
        nNextTime = GetTime() + GetRand(30 * 60);
        if (fFirst)
            return;

// Only do it if there's been a new block since last time
        static int64_t nLastTime;
        if (nTimeBestReceived < nLastTime)
            return;
        nLastTime = GetTime();
    }

There's a random delay there of up to 30 minutes. I expect that's what you saw.

I'm unclear on what can cause a transaction to fail to be sent initially. Obviously if you aren't connected to any peers then it won't be sent. I'm not sure what happens if your blockchain is out of sync when you make a transaction - perhaps it delays sending until the sync has finished.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 11:33:04 PM

There's code that automatically resends our transactions in the event that they need resending:

Code:
void CWallet::ResendWalletTransactions(bool fForce)
{
    if (!fForce)
    {
        // Do this infrequently and randomly to avoid giving away
        // that these are our transactions.
        static int64_t nNextTime;
        if (GetTime() < nNextTime)
            return;
        bool fFirst = (nNextTime == 0);
        nNextTime = GetTime() + GetRand(30 * 60);
        if (fFirst)
            return;

// Only do it if there's been a new block since last time
        static int64_t nLastTime;
        if (nTimeBestReceived < nLastTime)
            return;
        nLastTime = GetTime();
    }

There's a random delay there of up to 30 minutes. I expect that's what you saw.

Is that in the standard clam-qt? This tx was *from* me rather than *to* me. Still, what you describe does sound about right.

I'm unclear on what can cause a transaction to fail to be sent initially. Obviously if you aren't connected to any peers then it won't be sent. I'm not sure what happens if your blockchain is out of sync when you make a transaction - perhaps it delays sending until the sync has finished.

I was connected to peers and the height that the client reported was the correct height, but the 'confirmations' box in the gui was reporting 'unconnected'. Not sure what to make of that.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:42:53 PM

Is that in the standard clam-qt? This tx was *from* me rather than *to* me. Still, what you describe does sound about right.

Yes it is. And this code is for rebroadcasting transactions you made.

I was connected to peers and the height that the client reported was the correct height, but the 'confirmations' box in the gui was reporting 'unconnected'. Not sure what to make of that.

Me neither. I only use the clamd command line version of the client.

Are you sure it said 'unconnected'? I don't see that word anywhere in the sources. Do you mean 'unconfirmed'?

Code:
./qt/transactiontablemodel.cpp:        status = tr("Unconfirmed");

That just means "not in a block yet".

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 12:44:52 AM

Yes it is. And this code is for rebroadcasting transactions you made.

Me neither. I only use the clamd command line version of the client.

Are you sure it said 'unconnected'? I don't see that word anywhere in the sources. Do you mean 'unconfirmed'?

Code:
./qt/transactiontablemodel.cpp:        status = tr("Unconfirmed");

That just means "not in a block yet".

Not 'unconfirmed'. I might have 'unconnected' wrong though. Maybe 'not connected' or something similar? It only appeared in the tool tip when hovering over the box, the box itself was empty (no graphical '?' symbol).

winchancer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:32:01 AM

Really great currency so far. Very excited about its future!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:48:51 AM

Welcome to Clams ^^

Your balance is always made up of some finite number of unspent transaction outputs. Those outputs stake independently.If you have the client set to split your outputs when they stake, then your whole balance will still be tied up for 8 hours after it stakes the first time, but after that you'll have lots of separate small outputs staking independently. When any one of those outputs stakes, only that output will be tied up for 8 hours. The rest will continue trying to stake.

Thanks Doog, in a sense its the same as Change addresses in Bitcoin it combines all outputs to get a large enough amount to send to someone else.
So if its split too small then your txt fee goes up significantly (Assuming Coin age is relatively new as well) when sending coins, when staking though it makes sense to split to have more outputs staking independent of each other.

The first stake still impacts the whole balance, but then the settings you put into the client will take effect after.
Thanks

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:59:20 AM

Just-Dice will soon be reaching 100 million bets placed since relaunching with CLAM, so we decided to mark the milestone with a little promotion:

People were talking about a promo for the upcoming 100 millionth bet on Just-Dice, so:

20:36:31 (470587) <v1rtu0so> !*** JD #100000000 milestone giveaway ***! 20 CLAM prize for any bet over 1 CLAM that lands || 5 CLAM prize for any bet under 1 CLAM (but over 0.00000069) ~ PM me if you want to add to the pot.
20:38:00 (1) <@dooglus> → (470587) <v1rtu0so> are you talking about just the 100Mth bet?
20:38:09 (470587) <v1rtu0so> → (1) <@dooglus> Yes sir
20:38:31 (470587) <v1rtu0so> → (1) <@dooglus> CBI and I decided to just start making things interesting and doing milestone prizes
20:38:52 (470587) <v1rtu0so> → (1) <@dooglus> So he backed the 5 on low I am backing the 20 on high
20:39:55 (1) <@dooglus> → (470587) <v1rtu0so> ok, how's this? I'll add 10 times the bet size to the pot, for bets up to 100 CLAM - but only if the bet is 50% or lower chance
20:40:18 (470587) <v1rtu0so> → (1) <@dooglus> Wow, that is very generous of you!
20:40:27 (1) <@dooglus> → (470587) <v1rtu0so> so if the 100Mth bet is 100 CLAM @ 49.5%, they get 1k CLAM bonus
20:40:32 (1) <@dooglus> → (470587) <v1rtu0so> if it's at 51%, they get nothing from me
20:40:38 (470587) <v1rtu0so> → (1) <@dooglus> You want to announce it?
20:40:50 (1) <@dooglus> → (470587) <v1rtu0so> no, I'm in the bath and typing's a pain
20:41:07 (470587) <v1rtu0so> → (1) <@dooglus> Okay that I announce it then?
20:41:17 (1) <@dooglus> → (470587) <v1rtu0so> of course
20:43:56 (470587) <v1rtu0so> !**** 100M Milestone Update ****! The owners of Just-Dice have agreed to add 10 times the bet size to the pot, for bets up to 100 CLAM - but only if the bet is 50% or lower chance !!!! Get the word out and post it on the forums.

tldr: the 100 millionth bet gets 10 times its stake as a bonus, win or lose, up to 100*10 = 1000 CLAM, and only if the bet is at 50% or lower chance.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:19:11 AM

I was just wondering if it was intended that when the wallet starts the first things seen is that you have 0 coins and it's unsynced. Is this just because it doesn't have a simple loading stage? Comparing to bitcoin, when it first shows a balance, it was the last balance before sync, the same spot clam's wallet gets to also, just sooner.

coin43.com

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:10:29 PM

New CLAMS faucet
faucet.coin43.com/clams

0.0003 - 0.0005 CLAMS every 30 minutes

pls support faucet and consider donating, direct faucet wallet address available on website
winchancer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:35:09 PM

Hi,

Is there any payment gateway to accept Clam for someone
who wants to integrate it to his website?
Something like https://blockchain.info/api/api_receive ?
I didn't see any section related at clamclient.com

Thanks.
Volos

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 12:44:16 AM

Just to let you know, I have recently added CLAMs to my casino site.
So if you want to check it out; http://volos-casino.com. We have European roulette http://volos-casino.com/roulette.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.  Smiley

Site bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990126.0

Also would like to request if it can be added under "Merchants and Services".
I'm currently working on a site when I have free time, but if I see good response from community I would spend more time on this project.
I would also really appreciate any feedback. Thanks. Have fun and good luck.

Looks like possible CLAM roulette.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990126.msg10773184#msg10773184

Having investigated very much yet.
Thank you BayAreaCoins you were faster than me in spreading the word Cheesy
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:57:17 AM

Just Dice is fun as Smiley although I lost everything after getting too greedy I'm going to be coming back to try to win it all back plus some Tongue

Better to buy and invest in the bankroll than to chase losses. With staking and the ability to leverage your clams will grow a lot faster.

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: