Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:54:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150827 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:56:20 PM

Wait to tell your friends about CLAMS until you can get some coin for it Cheesy.

Oh man, how much are you planning to take?

The economics is interesting.

Thousands of people have free CLAM just waiting for them. Something like $15 per address at current prices.

I already know about CLAM, but have a friend who doesn't. Do I:

a) send them to Just-Dice where they can dig up their $15 and keep the whole amount. I get nothing. BAC gets nothing. They get the full $15.
b) send them to BAC's site where he digs up their $15, keeps a cut, gives a cut to me, and they get the rest.

In b) I get an amount for referring them, but they get less and I guess the middleman takes a cut too. Is that "I get a cut" enough to make people choose this option?

(1185415) <BayAreaCoins> dooglus, My ad slogan is going to be "Doog won't pay you affliate pay, but I will! ClamChecker.com - Help people dig their clams!" Tongue

Seems a little deceptive. I don't pay affiliates because the whole amount goes directly to its owner. Also, paying affiliates encourages spamming. CLAM is doing just fine without plastering the environment with ugly ads.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 09:45:36 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 10:57:37 PM by BayAreaCoins

Bookmark www.Clamchecker.com it will seriously help you dig your CLAMS easily in the near future.  (Website currently isn't up.)

If you didn't have any addresses May 12th 2014 then you will be able to earn through a simple and no account needed affiliate system.  

Wait to tell your friends about CLAMS until you can get some coin for it Cheesy.

Oh man, how much are you planning to take?

Chances are it will give the user a lucky 8 ball of clams Tongue (3.5 CLAM because 3.5 x 8 = a zip of clams... har har don't forget your roots pirates!)

Will have more on that to come soon once the project is a little further down the road.  

I've got a few really cool ideas that will encourage people to dig through this service rather than taking the time to dig their own.

Too much  Angry

Though, assuming the "users" were people who would not have known of CLAM otherwise, or been capable of claiming - CLAM can always use evangelism.

COUGH COUGH

Do it right, BAC... Tongue

You have my word that I will do it as right as I see possible for the growth that I expect.  Same reason I check that darn Reddit!

The past few days when I imagine things... I really like the imagining CLAM as a raffle you can enter that pays you!  What a twist Tongue *off the record & BAC pipe dream work*''

I'm going to make you happy don't worry. Smiley *pinky promises*

If you aren't happy I pinky promise yet again I will get on Skype and we will talk out our concerns as before like proper cultists! <3 Cheesy

(Forewarn... there will be Google Adsense ads! *cues scary music!*)

(1185415) <BayAreaCoins> dooglus, My ad slogan is going to be "Doog won't pay you affliate pay, but I will! ClamChecker.com - Help people dig their clams!" Tongue

Seems a little deceptive. I don't pay affiliates because the whole amount goes directly to its owner. Also, paying affiliates encourages spamming. CLAM is doing just fine without plastering the environment with ugly ads.

It doesn't seem deceptive to me at all, but I respect your opinion to believe I'm being deceptive.

I tried to lay out very 2 very clear facts:

A: Doog won't pay you affiliate pay for anything (regardless to your personal reasons)

B: I will pay you affiliate pay.  

I want to say that I think you not paying affiliate pay isn't a bad thing!!!!!! It's just a different method of business.  I've often called Just-dice and you the Sriracha sauce of crypto for a while now!

I believe incentivising people to get out there and get these hidden CLAMS dug is the way to going about it.  Then on top of that making it as easy and user friendly as possible is obviously important.

Also, paying affiliates encourages spamming.  CLAM is doing just fine without plastering the environment with ugly ads.

I choose not to stereotype affiliate links as "spam" or "ugly" because I've seen some Apple advertisements here in SF that are absolutely beautiful... maybe a bit spammy, but that's a personal thing Wink.

I know some of those "spammers" would be eating out of a dumpster if it wasn't for systems such as these or not have the funds to play on sites such as Just-dice.  

I also know that I can not speak all the languages in the world who hold CLAM.  By establishing a transparent and fair affiliate system I really hope this brings in every crypto person from every walk of life and gives them a opportunity to become a earner.  Just-dice FAQ was translated months ago in preparation of some type of "push" into their cultures.  This hopefully will do it. 

I've seen mods banning folks for talking in different languages in Just-dice chat?  Is that something you now support?

Edit:

Doog, I of course won't use that logo if you don't like it.  I just thought it was cute that day! (still think it's cute and I was going to have Arrogant make that ad for the top of JD lol... best shot down sooner than later *cries*)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:22:19 AM

a) send them to Just-Dice where they can dig up their $15 and keep the whole amount. I get nothing. BAC gets nothing. They get the full $15.

Hopefully you'll allow for Clamchecker to advertise at the top of Just-dice.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 02:47:55 AM

The new website is nearing release; but, it could still use some content and polish.

The new website is powered by Jekyll and Github Pages - making it open source.
The vast majority of the content utilizes the markdown syntax.
This makes it exceedingly simple for people to contribute to the official website.

The repository compiles directly into the production website:
https://github.com/nochowderforyou/nochowderforyou.github.io

You can see the website live here:
http://nochowderforyou.github.io

If anyone has the HTML, CSS or technical skill to contribute we would be happy to help community members get familiar with the process of doing so.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:25:27 AM

The new website is nearing release; but, it could still use some content and polish.

The new website is powered by Jekyll and Github Pages - making it open source.
The vast majority of the content utilizes the markdown syntax.
This makes it exceedingly simple for people to contribute to the official website.

The repository compiles directly into the production website:
https://github.com/nochowderforyou/nochowderforyou.github.io

You can see the website live here:
http://nochowderforyou.github.io

If anyone has the HTML, CSS or technical skill to contribute we would be happy to help community members get familiar with the process of doing so.

This is really awesome, time to move one of my Drupal sites over with the importer and play around. I may be interested in helping out once I experiment with it a bit.
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:06:03 AM

Increase of price is due of Just-dice and investing plan in their wallet or any thing else ?
This coin hasn't any new idea for reaching to 0.01 BTC ..........
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:24:35 PM

price going up  Smiley

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:11:27 PM

Increase of price is due of Just-dice and investing plan in their wallet or any thing else ?
This coin hasn't any new idea for reaching to 0.01 BTC ..........

Hopefully this analysis provided by navaman in the Just-Dice trollbox should make everything clear for you:

09:50:11 (1092997) <navaman> OK, here is my analysis of the clam chart: http://prntscr.com/81ky28:

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:34:18 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 07:02:29 PM by wttbs

I am trying to import a litecoin wallet.dat but get this error:

Error: The wallet passphrase entered was incorrect for the wallet you are attempting to import. (code -14)

passphrase of litecoin wallet is correct. I run the client 1.4.13 on ubuntu 14.04 64bit

Still 31 weeks to sync , even with bootstrap.dat from OP in ./clam folder

I tried several times to import the litecoin wallet.dat , also with commandline and suddenly I see I have hundreds of clam-walletaddresses  Shocked
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:41:06 AM

Error: The wallet passphrase entered was incorrect for the wallet you are attempting to import. (code -14)

passphrase of litecoin wallet is correct. I run the client 1.4.13 on ubuntu 14.04 64bit

I tried several times to import the litecoin wallet.dat , also with commandline and suddenly I see I have hundreds of clam-walletaddresses  Shocked

So that means you were able to get it fixed?
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:17:56 AM

[img]

So that means you were able to get it fixed?

No, I think I have to wait until client is 100% synched
Krona Rev

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:37:33 AM

People can now use CLAMspeech to put messages on my website, https://mathgate.info. I'm scanning blocks as they come in to look for transactions sending clams to xMGxkY1RLX69eDrEJCPTEhhSxChraZYjrV. The CLAMspeech part of those transactions are displayed on the pages of the website. More details are here: https://mathgate.info/clamspeech.php

I'd consider it experimental at the moment. When I feel more confident in its stability, I'll make a different thread about it. In the meantime, comments are appreciated. Well, if your comment is that my website looks like it's from 1999, then I've already been told that.  Smiley I'm more interested in comments about this potential use of CLAMspeech. Even better would be if some of you would try to use it! I initialized the 8 message slots yesterday using a small amount of clams.

Promechard: Proprietary Metablock Chains for Arbitrary Data: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411974.0
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:23:43 PM

People can now use CLAMspeech to put messages on my website, https://mathgate.info. I'm scanning blocks as they come in to look for transactions sending clams to xMGxkY1RLX69eDrEJCPTEhhSxChraZYjrV. The CLAMspeech part of those transactions are displayed on the pages of the website. More details are here: https://mathgate.info/clamspeech.php

I'd consider it experimental at the moment. When I feel more confident in its stability, I'll make a different thread about it. In the meantime, comments are appreciated. Well, if your comment is that my website looks like it's from 1999, then I've already been told that.  Smiley I'm more interested in comments about this potential use of CLAMspeech. Even better would be if some of you would try to use it! I initialized the 8 message slots yesterday using a small amount of clams.

That's an interesting application for CLAMspeech. It's a transparent way of selling advertising, since the payment and the request are both burned into the blockchain for all to see and verify. Nice work!

I was confused at first why some URLs have a grey background and some don't. It turns out your style for visited links is to use a white background so they don't look different than regular text any more - ie. links only look like links until you click them - then they look like regular text.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
freedomsr40

Activity: 471

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:58:49 PM

hey everyone, ive been away for a bit, how does the reward system work nowadays?
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:09:02 PM

hey everyone, ive been away for a bit, how does the reward system work nowadays?

Staking? It hasn't changed for quite a while now.

The network adjusts the difficulty in an attempt to get 1 block staked per minute. That's 1440 per day. Each block awards the staker with 1 new CLAM, plus any transaction fees from the transactions they included in the block.

There are something like 650k CLAMs chasing those 1440 blocks per day, meaning there's 450 CLAMs per block per day. So each 450 CLAMs in your wallet can expect to stake about one CLAM per day. With a lot of variance, and quite a wide margin of error.

That's roughly 0.2% per day.

My working:

# blocks per day
>>> 60 * 24

# CLAMs per block per day
>>> 650e3 / 1440

# percentage inflation
>>> 100.0 / 450

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:10:15 PM

Clam Client is 100% synced and on both OSX and Linux no luck importing a litecoin wallet.dat into the clamclient. Anyone ever succeeded doing this? Please help...
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:30:50 PM

Clam Client is 100% synced and on both OSX and Linux no luck importing a litecoin wallet.dat into the clamclient. Anyone ever succeeded doing this? Please help...

I never tried, because I know I didn't have any LTC on the date of the snapshot. I do know that people have been able to claim CLAMs from the initial distribution from LTC they held, but I don't know who or how.

Could it be that none of the addresses in the wallet you are importing were funded on the date of the snapshot?

If there's a specific address that you are sure was funded when LTC block 565693 was mined (2014-May-12 13:06:31) you can check it using the Chat tab on Just-Dice.com. Type "/dig ADDR" without the quotes. Replace ADDR with your LTC address. It will tell you whether the address was actually funded on the date of the snapshot.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:36:30 PM

I never tried, because I know I didn't have any LTC on the date of the snapshot. I do know that people have been able to claim CLAMs from the initial distribution from LTC they held, but I don't know who or how.

Could it be that none of the addresses in the wallet you are importing were funded on the date of the snapshot?

If there's a specific address that you are sure was funded when LTC block 565693 was mined (2014-May-12 13:06:31) you can check it using the Chat tab on Just-Dice.com. Type "/dig ADDR" without the quotes. Replace ADDR with your LTC address. It will tell you whether the address was actually funded on the date of the snapshot.

Thanks for the answer. I already did that and they were funded at 2014-may-12. Although, there are 7 addresses in the wallet, 5 of them have clams. May that be issue?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:51:23 PM

how to importo old wallet but not using import of full wallet.dat ?

i cannot find such step by step with commands.

yolo
Krona Rev

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:14:48 PM

That's an interesting application for CLAMspeech. It's a transparent way of selling advertising, since the payment and the request are both burned into the blockchain for all to see and verify. Nice work!

I was confused at first why some URLs have a grey background and some don't. It turns out your style for visited links is to use a white background so they don't look different than regular text any more - ie. links only look like links until you click them - then they look like regular text.

Thanks for the feedback and getting the top spot! I modified the css so that links still have a grey background after being visited. I agree it was potentially confusing before.

Promechard: Proprietary Metablock Chains for Arbitrary Data: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411974.0
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: