Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150824 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:44:36 PM

Thanks for the answer. I already did that and they were funded at 2014-may-12. Although, there are 7 addresses in the wallet, 5 of them have clams. May that be issue?

That really shouldn't be a problem. We expect to find multiple funded addresses per wallet.

You could try using the console in the CLAM client and importing the private keys one by one, although that isn't ideal since you'll potentially miss some funded "change" addresses:

Run the LTC client, go to the console, run "dumpprivkey ADDR" for a funded address. Copy the result.
Run the CLAM client, go to the console, run "importprivkey KEY import false" where KEY is the thing you copied in the previous step.
Repeat for each address. On the last one, write "true" instead of "false" to let it rescan the blockchain. That will take 5 or 10 minutes and will probably make the wallet appear to hang while it runs, but you'll see your 4.6 CLAMs start appearing pretty quickly.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

wallet sync very slow. is it normal? 7 weeks behind block 519559. With all the nodes someone posted 2 pages ago.
It synced from 10 weeks to 7 in three days!

I know why your pray will never be answered!
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:39:50 PM

Increase of price is due of Just-dice and investing plan in their wallet or any thing else ?
This coin hasn't any new idea for reaching to 0.01 BTC ..........

Yes one of the main utility of CLAM is due to the utility that just-dice offers. They're a enticing destination for some gamblers.

Also CLAM can be used to invest in this site's bankroll. This offers quite a decent rate of interest that you probably won't see anywhere else.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:56:54 AM

wallet sync very slow. is it normal? 7 weeks behind block 519559. With all the nodes someone posted 2 pages ago.
It synced from 10 weeks to 7 in three days!

The newest release (https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams/releases) doesn't need a node list - it is able to find the best nodes for itself.

And the bootstrap.dat file (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg9772191#msg9772191) will help you get synced quicker.

Edit: give me 5 minutes and I'll upload a new bootstrap.dat file which goes up to block 592000.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:51:54 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 08:35:25 AM by wttbs

Thanks for the answer. I already did that and they were funded at 2014-may-12. Although, there are 7 addresses in the wallet, 5 of them have clams. May that be issue?

That really shouldn't be a problem. We expect to find multiple funded addresses per wallet.

You could try using the console in the CLAM client and importing the private keys one by one, although that isn't ideal since you'll potentially miss some funded "change" addresses:

Run the LTC client, go to the console, run "dumpprivkey ADDR" for a funded address. Copy the result.
Run the CLAM client, go to the console, run "importprivkey KEY import false" where KEY is the thing you copied in the previous step.
Repeat for each address. On the last one, write "true" instead of "false" to let it rescan the blockchain. That will take 5 or 10 minutes and will probably make the wallet appear to hang while it runs, but you'll see your 4.6 CLAMs start appearing pretty quickly.

updated client to .16

tested it now and it works  Grin importing privkey form litecoin works, like Dooglus said, with option import true on seems like client hangs but afetr 1 minutes you seen the coins appear and it is staking !
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 10:08:14 AM

updated client to .16
tested it now and it works  Grin importing privkey form litecoin works, like Dooglus said, with option import true on seems like client hangs but afetr 1 minutes you seen the coins appear and it is staking !

Awesome Grin

Welcome to the CLAM family! Grin Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:22:06 AM

Is there a tutorial how to setup a CLAM Node with a raspberry Pi ? I sure would like to run a CLAM node.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 11:24:02 AM

Is there a tutorial how to setup a CLAM Node with a raspberry Pi ? I sure would like to run a CLAM node.

Not aware of a "guide"; but, there was a user just a few pages back in the forum here who did just that!

Maybe, between the two of you, you could get a guide together for the community?

Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:46:57 AM

How to import thousands of privkey from blockchain.info to CLAMs wallet-qt ?
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:48:57 AM

Not aware of a "guide"; but, there was a user just a few pages back in the forum here who did just that!

Maybe, between the two of you, you could get a guide together for the community?

I shall look that up, thanks. If I/we have time we will make a (short) tutorial.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 12:51:25 PM

I shall look that up, thanks. If I/we have time we will make a (short) tutorial.

Feel free to submit it directly to the new website.

It is open source and we encourage everyone to help polish it into something we can all be proud of!

http://github.com/nochowderforyou/nochowderforyou.github.io

Otherwise, feel free to submit it as a simple document and we can mark it up with markdown ourselves Grin

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 01:19:40 PM

What is up with this coin?
It has almost reached the level of Litecoin.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 01:41:40 PM

What is up with this coin?
It has almost reached the level of Litecoin.

Any explanation or guess is just that - a haphazard guess.
Markets are not often entirely transparent.

That said:

* Conservative distribution
* Fair distribution
* Distribution that aligns user/network growth with money supply expansion
* Awesome community members who give back, such as xploited's long-term support and dooglus' recent and sweeping contributions to the codebase
* And of course, utility and return via services such as the famous Just-Dice, FortuneJack, BitDice, etc.

In the future, I expect to add CLAMspeech, the advantage protected speech gives in fortifying the chain from interference, and the possibilities which it enables such as third-party applications.

But, again, your guess is as good as any other Grin

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:00:12 PM

Eh, I wouldn't exactly say it reached the level of Litecoin. Nevertheless, I think it's been doing a great job so far.

At #17 with a 2.7 million marketcap, that's quite impressive.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 02:06:07 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 02:19:33 PM by SuperClam

Eh, I wouldn't exactly say it reached the level of Litecoin. Nevertheless, I think it's been doing a great job so far.
At #17 with a 2.7 million marketcap, that's quite impressive.

Ripple gets to count it's pre-mine; all those massive distribution coins get to count their insta-mine; Bitcoin gets to count it's lost key and satoshi stockpile share of the money supply.....

Count all coins currently on chain, and controlled by user keys, and CLAM has a market capitalization of over 50 million USD.

Fair?  True?  Likely not - but, food for thought.

EDIT: Might also be worth mentioning that one would expect the incentive to claim to correlate positively with price.  This would suggest that at some point, given continued increase in price, all the CLAM that are likely to ever be claimed, will be.  Even currently, a single address claim of CLAM = ~4.6 * 0.0128 * 263$ = ~15.49 USD.

wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:18:46 PM

can you give a link? I read the last 20 pages but did not find it... Tongue
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 02:24:15 PM

They were running it on a similar device; not exactly a raspberry pi.

Don't have the time at the moment to dig Sad  Was it chilly2k, maybe?  Can't remember Sad

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:35:49 PM

Don't have the time at the moment to dig Sad  Was it chilly2k, maybe?  Can't remember Sad

Not me,  I'm on an Ubuntu server...  Cheesy

Although the raspberry pi is a cool idea.  To many other projects. 

wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:38:12 PM

Not me,  I'm on an Ubuntu server...  Cheesy

Although the raspberry pi is a cool idea.  To many other projects. 

Ubuntu is no problem too, if I can get it running on that I might get it running on a raspberry too. Can you share some details about the node-install on ubuntu chilly2k? thanks
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:54:56 PM

Links:

A Raspberry Pi 2 or Odroid C1 costs only $USD 35; either should be able to run clamd. I'm not sure whether the weaker CPUs will make staking more erratic, or it doesn't really matter. (If it does matter - the C1 CPU clocks 60% faster than the Pi2)

I have an Odroid C1 right next to me, might try compiling and running clamd for a bit, just out of curiosity. Smiley

FWIW, I compiled clam for the Odroid C1 a few hours ago, and it's currently syncing. It did die with a segmentation fault ( Shocked ) after syncing a few thousand blocks, but has not skipped a beat since I restarted it. I'm doing a sync from scratch to give it a good workout.

The seemingly random segfault bothers me a little. Once fully synced I'll move the db elsewhere temporarily then try another sync from scratch, to see if it dies at the same place. Hopefully it does. [edit: running from a virgin data dir didn't segfault.]

I did the consistent experience in a slightly different way. The Odroid C1 only has a local address, with no gateway IP translation, so the only peer it can connect to is my local server. It didn't crash at all during the second sync attempt... hopefully this was an edge case, where a newer block offered by a peer when barely synced caused something obscure to trigger a crash, rather than it being a more "random" event.

The client is fully synced now, and I can see it's trying to stake, too. With a relatively fresh deposit of only 108 CLAM it may take a while. Smiley

With a "typical" maximum power consumption of only 2.5W - a few dollars worth of electricity per year - this sort of setup could be very handy for someone who doesn't leave their main machine powered on 24/7.

Odroid C1 update: the little cigarette pack sized computer has now successfully staked.

http://clamsight.com/tx/36402fb5bfccb4651d4bf0cfbf1fcc114d5caaa7d3164028ac189439303b0fc7

(For those of you who have no idea what an Odroid C1 is - it's like a Raspberry Pi 2, but faster. Quad core ARM @1.5GHz)

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: