Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206973 times)
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:03:31 PM

Hi guys,

Is your POS broken ?
1M5 in the wallet and I'm far from having 41 coins a day. I hit many orphans too. 1% is not much overall (and won't change much) but here i'm staking closer to .05% so it's 20 folds.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pinker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:21:16 PM

So guys, if I understand correctly, the best thing about PINK whitepaper is its design and colors?

Has there been any serious review of the idea?

The best thing about it is of course that the idea behind it works. For quite a while by now. The whitepaper "just" sums things up and adds background, therefore making useful and coherent source of information for the public. The fact that many people find the design pleasing is just a bonus.Wink

I believe that jyap was about to public some kind of review on the anon (?). So that might come.

I am still hoping for some kind of competition for breaking the anon, which (unless broken Smiley) is easily understandable by the public as a proof of a working concept. Understand that you just can't implement everything on demand though.

Anyway, the whitepaper is freaking pinksome. Respect for you guys, will have to send you at least some tip for that.

Think Pink fellas, think Pink.
Pinker

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:49:11 PM

This PC tech whitepaper is the best I have seen in cryptoworld. I am surprised the price did not jump +200% for such a good work. As far as I heard from people hanging out in Polo, these are the only sticky points that people are thinking about before investing in PC:

1. "Too many coins in supply. 380M is a lot in cryptoworld nowadays" - Supply reduction can be a great boost to this coin if possible.
2. "No more color coins for me" - Once all core work has been done, rebranding of this coin can take it to places.

What's in fashion in the cryptoworld changes from day to day and week to week, imho no reason to alter Pinkcoin's makeup if it's only to chase the current hot trend.

You build a solid base, exactly like what is being done with PINK, soon ppl will find it and invest in it's future success.

Agreed.

Thanks bitcoin_newbie for bringing this to the sunlight.

1. - Nr. of coins is irrelevant data, only marketcap matters
2. - Humpfh? Pink is not a color it is a religion

From my point of view, people (traders) very often don't base their (investment) decisions on a relevant causes and going through a lot of struggle in order to cater their irrelevant needs is not an easy decision to make for the team behind the coin when there is a lot of other work to do. Both points that you observed on Polo are (un)fortunately not anything that people should really care about.

I know it is all about perception and attraction and therefore marketing and when no-matter-how-stupid aspect seriously bothers people you should address that.

But because these 2 points are irrelevant from technical perspective, these are better to be addressed by marketing techniques (simply communication) than by hard forking the coin to reduce.

And Pink is too awesome to be rebranded.

BTW, just an idea and not even that innovative - how about leaving the 'coin' part from the name? Seems to be unnecessary and Pink alone has the right sound. Moreover, the fact that Pink ends with k and coin starts with c doesn't make these two words really the best couple for connection - in spoken language resulting in something like pincoin.

Just saying.

Stay Pink!
Pinker

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:58:44 PM

BTW, just an idea and not even that innovative - how about leaving the 'coin' part from the name? Seems to be unnecessary and Pink alone has the right sound. Moreover, the fact that Pink ends with k and coin starts with c doesn't make these two words really the best couple for connection - in spoken language resulting in something like pincoin.

Got it! It could actually be a Pinkoin! Hmm, just brainstorming and keeping it Pink. Wink Don't take me too seriously.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:12:04 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 02:26:49 PM by MisO69

Got it! It could actually be a Pinkoin! Hmm, just brainstorming and keeping it Pink. Wink Don't take me too seriously.

Replying to yourself? lol..

I like PINK

drop the coin, we all know its a coin. Like Quark, we all know what it is.

We need a new contest. One that is done using a real world scenario. Lets say we are prosecutors going after a couple of criminals who are illegally importing guns from one country to another. We have two addresses, a sending and receiving. Coins have been changing hands for illegal purposes and to lock these guys up we need to show that to the courts. The challenge would be to find money changing hands between the two addresses on the blockchain.

Maybe the tying the contest to criminal activity isn't such a good thing   Cheesy

Does anyone have any input they would like to give regarding the contest?

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

This PC tech whitepaper is the best I have seen in cryptoworld. I am surprised the price did not jump +200% for such a good work. As far as I heard from people hanging out in Polo, these are the only sticky points that people are thinking about before investing in PC:

1. "Too many coins in supply. 380M is a lot in cryptoworld nowadays" - Supply reduction can be a great boost to this coin if possible.
2. "No more color coins for me" - Once all core work has been done, rebranding of this coin can take it to places.

What's in fashion in the cryptoworld changes from day to day and week to week, imho no reason to alter Pinkcoin's makeup if it's only to chase the current hot trend.

You build a solid base, exactly like what is being done with PINK, soon ppl will find it and invest in it's future success.

Agreed.

Thanks bitcoin_newbie for bringing this to the sunlight.

1. - Nr. of coins is irrelevant data, only marketcap matters
2. - Humpfh? Pink is not a color it is a religion

From my point of view, people (traders) very often don't base their (investment) decisions on a relevant causes and going through a lot of struggle in order to cater their irrelevant needs is not an easy decision to make for the team behind the coin when there is a lot of other work to do. Both points that you observed on Polo are (un)fortunately not anything that people should really care about.

I know it is all about perception and attraction and therefore marketing and when no-matter-how-stupid aspect seriously bothers people you should address that.

But because these 2 points are irrelevant from technical perspective, these are better to be addressed by marketing techniques (simply communication) than by hard forking the coin to reduce.

And Pink is too awesome to be rebranded.

Just saying.

Stay Pink!

I think the Pink devs have done a fabulous job so far, but you make a valid point about there being a need for the proper marketing of Pink. There's a reason why companies spend ridiculous amounts of money on it. It would be a HUGE asset if someone with marketing experience would join the PinkArmy and give the PR aspect a boost.

I like PINK

We need a new contest. One that is done using a real world scenario. Lets say we are prosecutors going after a couple of criminals who are illegally importing guns from one country to another. We have two addresses, a sending and receiving. Coins have been changing hands for illegal purposes and to lock these guys up we need to show that to the courts. The challenge would be to find money changing hands between the two addresses on the blockchain.

Maybe the tying the contest to criminal activity isn't such a good thing   Cheesy

I also couldn't agree more with there being the need for a proper "test" of the anon. The original contest was more like a "special giveaway", since there wasn't any connection made between the sending and receiving wallets. A true "test" would be one where the winner would have to discover and post such a connection. Instead of using a "criminal" as an example, the sender could be a philanthropist that wishes to make an anonymous donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Now let's say for this scenario that someone else on behalf of the NBCF wanted to acknowledge and award this donator in some special way. The question is, can there be a connection made between the two wallet addresses? So, once again, the contest should be to discover and post such a connection.

pbremen01

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:12:02 PM

So guys, if I understand correctly, the best thing about PINK whitepaper is its design and colors?

The best thing about it is of course that the idea behind it works. For quite a while by now. The whitepaper "just" sums things up and adds background, therefore making useful and coherent source of information for the public. The fact that many people find the design pleasing is just a bonus.Wink

I believe that jyap was about to public some kind of review on the anon (?). So that might come.

I am still hoping for some kind of competition for breaking the anon, which (unless broken Smiley) is easily understandable by the public as a proof of a working concept. Understand that you just can't implement everything on demand though.

Anyway, the whitepaper is freaking pinksome. Respect for you guys, will have to send you at least some tip for that.

So what do you guys think about this FUD:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28hqu3/warning_to_all_anonymous_coins_promoters_and/
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:29:56 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28hqu3/warning_to_all_anonymous_coins_promoters_and/

I suppose it can be taken as FUD if your only goal is to make money on pumped coins. If its true what they say about Crypt then it should be published and investors should be made aware. This way they can make a more educated decision on investing or not. Lets face it, the crypto scene is full of scams. The more glitter and shine a coin has the more likely it is a scam. I can understand why PINK team doesn't want to go that route.

bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:26:12 PM

Day 2 and the MintPal votes soar to 150 in the PINK giveaway thread! Free PINK!

100 PINK bonus for everyone who casts a vote on Friday http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic,1727.0.html

1 Vote = 50 PINK ☆ White Papers ☆ Fun ☆ Entanglement ☆  Daily & Final Bonuses
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:34:08 PM

I have a suggestion and I told you about this before also,
Why not implement TOR network for the anon transaction Both on website as well as implementing it to the wallet?

What does PinkArmy and Pink holders think about this?

Regards
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:27:17 PM

I have a suggestion and I told you about this before also,
Why not implement TOR network for the anon transaction Both on website as well as implementing it to the wallet?

What does PinkArmy and Pink holders think about this?

Regards

Amazing! Now the question, how difficult would this be to implement?
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

I suppose it can be taken as FUD if your only goal is to make money on pumped coins. If its true what they say about Crypt then it should be published and investors should be made aware. This way they can make a more educated decision on investing or not. Lets face it, the crypto scene is full of scams. The more glitter and shine a coin has the more likely it is a scam. I can understand why PINK team doesn't want to go that route.

This is part of the problem with Altcoins. People put money into most active coins with the most hype and want to see results instantly. There isn't many altcoin investors who hold money in believe in something.
Pinker

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:45:22 PM

This is part of the problem with Altcoins. People put money into most active coins with the most hype and want to see results instantly. There isn't many altcoin investors who hold money in believe in something.

Hmmm, too bad you are absolutely right.

Everyone talking about ideals - getting rid of the banks (or rather people behind them) - changing the world - and at the end, they just do the same - only slightly different way.

Yeah, we, the people.

Try to think Pink and everything is gonna be all right. Hopefully. Look at me, worst trader ever, but believer.

OK, me myself need more Pinkuthiasm!
Pinker

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:32:14 AM

I like PINK

Maybe the tying the contest to criminal activity isn't such a good thing   Cheesy

I had to drag that point out from that stupidly long post.Wink

Absolutely, people know its a coin. Seems more professional without that, what do you guys think?
Yeah not a big deal, but people actually care about this, like PC vs. PINK, too bad Bittrex and Poly don't care.. Does anyone can create any real pressure on them? (Sigh, once the ticker is changed on the coin in their portfolio, they should change it right away - damn they make money thanks to the coin. But that's the crypto world, no big surprise)

Just keep it Pink and prove that things don't have to be always done the wrong (or simply the worst) way.

Contest: Needed. Really simple and persuasive way of communicating one of many Pink strengths - all you need. Your story is so darkPink.Smiley I agree, people are sensitive to this kind of stuff and unfortunately need something positive attached - they just can't avoid being manipulated, usually by those whom they should rather avoid (well not in this case). On the other hand, there is too much information around to give up on the first sight..
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:42:05 AM

Hmmm, too bad you are absolutely right.

Everyone talking about ideals - getting rid of the banks (or rather people behind them) - changing the world - and at the end, they just do the same - only slightly different way.

Yeah, we, the people.

Try to think Pink and everything is gonna be all right. Hopefully. Look at me, worst trader ever, but believer.

OK, me myself need more Pinkuthiasm!

Just saw that reddit post myself. I've invited them to take at look at our anon. Hope they have something constructive to say about pink Smiley

Those on reddit, please upvote so more people see it just under the message. We need #pinkarmy clicks Smiley
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28hqu3/warning_to_all_anonymous_coins_promoters_and/cicyci0

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
sumgye

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:40:38 AM

The trouble we discovered with holding a 'contest' using the anon system is that people equate having a 'winner' to a problem with the anon system itself. That's not a valid test of the system.

This is like suggesting we all test how random the national lottery is by playing it, and then claiming that there's issues with its randomness because someone won.

It's not a valid test of the system if you can just keep trying different possibilities until you find the right one.

Maybe we should have a contest to find someone's real first name? First person to get it right wins. And when someone does get it right, it must be a problem with internet security... surely... because how else could they have gotten your name? Certainly not by guessing randomly, and having the person reveal their real name when someone does get it right, eh?

No. The best way to validate the anon system is not for a contest. A great way to *have fun* with the anon system is to have a contest. The best way to validate the anon system is to have a critical analysis done by security experts that specialize in crypto anonymity, like the guys in the reddit thread that was mentioned, and that sony posted in.

We do need to do some more fun things and keep generating excitement around Pinkcoin. For sure! Let's have some fun!

But let's not confuse a fun contest for a legitimate test of the system, alright? We already paid the price for that kind of confusion once. Let's not try our luck again.

Edit: For what it's worth - the system is available for absolutely anyone to test for themselves. It's better that way anyway. It means we can't manipulate the results.

CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:12:45 AM

The trouble we discovered with holding a 'contest' using the anon system is that people equate having a 'winner' to a problem with the anon system itself. That's not a valid test of the system.

This is like suggesting we all test how random the national lottery is by playing it, and then claiming that there's issues with its randomness because someone won.

It's not a valid test of the system if you can just keep trying different possibilities until you find the right one.

Maybe we should have a contest to find someone's real first name? First person to get it right wins. And when someone does get it right, it must be a problem with internet security... surely... because how else could they have gotten your name? Certainly not by guessing randomly, and having the person reveal their real name when someone does get it right, eh?

No. The best way to validate the anon system is not for a contest. A great way to *have fun* with the anon system is to have a contest. The best way to validate the anon system is to have a critical analysis done by security experts that specialize in crypto anonymity, like the guys in the reddit thread that was mentioned, and that sony posted in.

We do need to do some more fun things and keep generating excitement around Pinkcoin. For sure! Let's have some fun!

But let's not confuse a fun contest for a legitimate test of the system, alright? We already paid the price for that kind of confusion once. Let's not try our luck again.

Edit: For what it's worth - the system is available for absolutely anyone to test for themselves. It's better that way anyway. It means we can't manipulate the results.

Well said was hoping for another contest for redemption sake but you make a great argument on why the team will not place the perception of the PinkEE success in the form of a one off contest. I've been following so I know the contest was both success and mistake valuable info learned. I now, hearing your plan to have independent reviews, agree and think the slower approach of having trusted peer evaluations will get the respect of the crypto community. This will probably set some benchmarks of how to release a feature. But I still think we should be creative and come up with some promotional event to market the working anonymous feature. Im thinking of a less yes/no on/off type contest but more like a grading system up against what is already out there as far as anonymous goes. Like get some of the top tech guys to grade the different coins anonymity level. Great work as always guys. And thanks for specifically addressing the contest.
sumgye

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:37:32 AM

Well said was hoping for another contest for redemption sake but you make a great argument on why the team will not place the perception of the PinkEE success in the form of a one off contest. I've been following so I know the contest was both success and mistake valuable info learned. I now, hearing your plan to have independent reviews, agree and think the slower approach of having trusted peer evaluations will get the respect of the crypto community. This will probably set some benchmarks of how to release a feature. But I still think we should be creative and come up with some promotional event to market the working anonymous feature. Im thinking of a less yes/no on/off type contest but more like a grading system up against what is already out there as far as anonymous goes. Like get some of the top tech guys to grade the different coins anonymity level. Great work as always guys. And thanks for specifically addressing the contest.

Sure sure! Absolutely. And we're not against a contest at all! We love getting everyone involved, generating interest and excitement, and giving people ways to win/earn coins!

We just bit the bullet a little bit the last time we did it, and want to be careful about it if/when we do one around the anon system again. That's all.
Pinker

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:31:08 AM

Sure sure! Absolutely. And we're not against a contest at all! We love getting everyone involved, generating interest and excitement, and giving people ways to win/earn coins!

We just bit the bullet a little bit the last time we did it, and want to be careful about it if/when we do one around the anon system again. That's all.

Thanks a lot for addressing the contest. You made your point and I cannot agree more. Expert review is the best way. Not sure we are on the same wave regarding the contest though, we do not confuse legitimate test and fun contest. I was suggesting something which would avoid another lucky hits and egg hunting. Details are in my very first post, please look at that. Once someone would break anon, they would have to send money to that wallet and prize would be returned to their address. Or something like that - paying for the guesses, thus avoiding breaking it the hard way. In fact it is of course just an incentive for people to go out and try. Manipulation as a concern always arise, that is truth, but once broken, it is broken, they should just post how they did it, let others confirm by themselves and that's it. Price goes - crash.Smiley Indeed a lot of space for FUDs, but contest or not, people can claim they broke it or that is a shit anyway. The point of course is, that it is more like a promo, I don't expect anyone being able to track that transaction, because you just cannot (unless very very special circumstances as stated also in the whitepaper which would not be the case).

Of course, as you said, it is open to public, so anyone can try. This is just about selling the stuff you have. But if it cannot be done the way that would avoid plain guesses, let's move on. But please check out that very first post of mine or just give a thought to the "paid guessing" way of doing it. No egg hunting anymore.
gorgo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:05:50 AM

rename this coin to HideCoin or NinjaCoin and it will shoot up

the problem is that the target group 99% of people in crypto are white male fart heads sitting in their parents basement
and you are trying to address them with a product named PinkCoin  Roll Eyes
that wont work

its all about the marketing
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: