Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2983906 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
city19akro

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:18:52 PM

I think the auction is a very good idea. It will be done not long before the release so it will be a very good advertising and allow the last people to get in before the madness.

It was announced a long time ago. The 4 million coin number was announced a long time ago. It is a long term plan and a very smart one. I think The only ones against it are greedy people that want instant gratification so they can dump more nem when it is officialy out and arrives on an exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 01:49:39 PM by rockethead

stakes shouldn't be distributed to even wider audience, as this would be very unfair towards people who have bought their stake from NXT AE.

Can you elaborate on how that would be unfair ?
Their shares won't get smaller by more people getting in. We're merely trying to get to those 3k stakeholders.

{troll mode on} I guess he has sock puppet accounts an he want to get as much of AE as poosible...
What I meant was that the value of the stake would naturally decrease if the unclaimed ones would be re-distributed. In my opinion that would be unfair for the ones who have bought their stakes from NXT AE as this would be unanticipated move. The auction of the 150 stakes for btc is fair as it was expected and announced _before_ the launch of NEM in NXT AE.

And gimre please don't make such accusations even though I don't have many posts. Writing in a foreign language takes great energy from me, and have chosen to stay as "a reader" on these forums. Also, you can check that I haven't claimed my stake as nxt asset nor have I any plans to do so.

That´s the point.

If you sell them, you just take money from the ones who decided to not sell their stake or even buy more, and put in developers pocket or in a developer fund. And there is already a developer fund.

Please state a decision as soon as possible.

So, what's your point here? I don't get what you are trying to say. Please be more explicit and please be factual about what you say e.g., "put in developers pocket".

That goes for everyone. It is considered a fud if one talks without facts. In such a situation, it must be reasoned out properly for anyone to accept an idea or a proposal. But if it is going to be an armchair critique with a selfish intention, then this goes against the spirit of the initiative.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:19:36 PM

{troll mode on} I guess he has sock puppet accounts an he want to get as much of AE as poosible...
And gimre please don't make such accusations even though I don't have many posts. Writing in a foreign language takes great energy from me, and have chosen to stay as "a reader" on these forums. Also, you can check that I haven't claimed my stake as nxt asset nor have I any plans to do so.

Sorry for that, I didn't mean to offend you.

As pat, has written, we were definitely talking about two different things.

So to clarify future discussion, there are two separate things:
  • auction of ca 150 stakes
  • unclaimed stakes - those WON'T be auctioned

We need some time to discuss it with rest of devs, but what I'd like most, is that this should be
governed by community, as we definitely want community involvment.

But again this "unclaimed fund", would most likely adhere similar rules as promotion/ecosystem/dev, (slow release using Nem Business Rules)

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Totem22

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:20:54 PM

6 days till alpha!!  Grin

Great looking forward to it  Grin First: we have to alpha (in 6 days); Second: we have to launch (in 2 months); Third: V1 blockchain (another 2-3 months). unclaimed coins are too far away. Don't rush to a decision  Smiley
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

I think the auction is a very good idea. It will be done not long before the release so it will be a very good advertising and allow the last people to get in before the madness.

It was announced a long time ago. The 4 million coin number was announced a long time ago. It is a long term plan and a very smart one. I think The only ones against it are greedy people that want instant gratification so they can dump more nem when it is officialy out and arrives on an exchange.

Or dump less nem given that they may potentially be more valuable.

I think it's important that regardless whats decided, we also stick the original plan in every regard (That is, the plan before UP left). If there's any deviation, it'll open things up to debate - and to trolls - and unnecessary smear.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:29:20 PM

The auction was announced before the Assets on the NXT AE. Therefore everyone knew that some more stakes will be distributed.
Ans stop saying everything goes into devs pocket.
There's no problem about the auction of the 150 stakes for BTC. It was properly announced before the launch of NEM in NXT AE.

The thing is that as NEM has already practically launched on NXT AE, you can't anymore do whatever you like. I can only see two fair (or three) schemes regarding the unclaimed stakes:

- Destroy the unclaimed coins
- Distribute the unclaimed coins equally between stakeholders
- (Distribute the unclaimed coins equally in portions between stakeholders, developers and developing funds)

Just to make sure we are talking about the same subject, I am talking about the stakes that will be left unclaimed after you have finished distributing NEM. I am OK with the auction of the around 150 stakes for BTC.

Can you think of more choices? Can we not use the unclaimed coins to bring NEM to greater heights and therefore better for the community? It would be good if all of us can contribute great ideas to the initiative instead of tossing over some coins.

We are blessed and fortunate to be able to sit in front of a terminal and be a wet blanket to an initiative. What about the poor and the under-privileged? Can we also not use the unclaimed NEM coins to benefit them in some way?

There are a myriad of things we can do with the unclaimed coins. And if we are civilized enough to sit down and channel our energy to thinking what great we can do instead of being negative and paranoid about the use of the unclaimed coins, things will never come to be. Not unless one has very clear and selfish intention to profit from it immediately. Then I am afraid this is the wrong place to be in. It just cannot work that way.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:30:15 PM

I would like to see a huge pile of NEM get into the hands of average joe without them paying for it,this will make the stakeholders mad since they had to pay for it but average joes won't be spending money to buy NEM when they are not sure about it. Isn't the goal of NEM to help people achieve financial freedom? The more people that have it the greater chance NEM will succeed which will increase the value for the stakeholders.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:33:19 PM

I would like to see a huge pile of NEM get into the hands of average joe without them paying for it,this will probable make the stakeholders mad since they had to pay for it but average joes won't be spending money to buy NEM when they are not sure about it. Isn't the goal of NEM to help people achieve financial freedom? The more people that have it the greater chance NEM will succeed which will increase the value for the stakeholders.

There are a lot of sand on the beach too. By the same token, one can get free sand on the beach and be financially free, won't it?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:37:00 PM

I would like to see a huge pile of NEM get into the hands of average joe without them paying for it,this will make the stakeholders mad since they had to pay for it but average joes won't be spending money to buy NEM when they are not sure about it. Isn't the goal of NEM to help people achieve financial freedom? The more people that have it the greater chance NEM will succeed which will increase the value for the stakeholders.

A lot of coins like Dogecoin and Redd tried tipping to do what you suggest, I think it brought more bad than any good.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Cattjones

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:44:16 PM

6 days till alpha!!  Grin

Great looking forward to it  Grin First: we have to alpha (in 6 days); Second: we have to launch (in 2 months); Third: V1 blockchain (another 2-3 months). unclaimed coins are too far away. Don't rush to a decision  Smiley

Third: V1 blockchain     Anyone can tell me about??
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:44:31 PM

A lot of coins like Dogecoin and Redd tried tipping to do what you suggest, I think it brought more bad than any good.

I was thinking that when NEM does presentations, hand out paper wallets to people that seem interested and have never used crypto before, samething for our co-workers, friends, neighbors or whoever (even the poor and the under-privileged).
gd_kuaile

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

I'm glad to see that NEM keep going! Smiley
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:23:14 PM

Please don't try to destroy the unclaimed stakes. I think it will be a self-destructive button. Either
-Send them over to the dev's funds, so that NEM is passionately developed by the devs, or
-Equally distribute among the people who claim their stake.

These two are the only two ways of maintaining the value and integrity of the coin and the community.

Also there is another way- Why not send 50% of the unclaimed stake to the dev's funds and the remaining 50% be equally distributed among all the people who actually claim their stakes( And this should also apply to NXT AE stakes- which shows fairness towards all the people who have invested and believed in the coin before any actual software release).

Regarding the destruction and charity-These options are just plain nonsense in my point of view.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:32:51 PM

Regarding the destruction and charity-These options are just plain nonsense in my point of view.

Please do not shoot off your head but please substantiate why this is nonsense so that people can understand "your point of view", for without reason, it is equally nonsensical to say so.
freigeist

Activity: 1106
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:36:36 PM

Hello everyone.
I was following the thread and have seen lot of debate about unclaimed stakes
in early stage.
Here are the options so far exposed by some of the member in this thread:

1) destroy unclaimed stakes
2) add unclaimed stakes to development fund and use for development marketing after V1 phase
3) redistribute between all stake holders in equal shares
4) acution the unclaimed stakes and use the BTC for development and marketing after V1 phase

I have following opinions about them:

1) Is the short term value all we care about?
   why destroy it just to have short term gain would not be better to use this NEM
   for other things real life projects and help people to improve their lives.
   I thing it would be nice to have voting on NEM funds usage so comunity members could propose project ideas,
   vote about this projects and decide what for this NEM could be used.

2) This is good if we can have full time development team dedicated to NEM development
   is one of the options that I would accept for example fund nem startups that will develop
   software services for NEM ecosystem.
   Also this way dev team does not need to beg for donations.

3) I think this would be fair and hope that will motivate stakeholders to engage more
   in NEM community but on the other side I'm afraid this could also have a different outcome
   as majority  will receive something for nothing and could dump it.

Fellow NEM stake holders
   this was call for participation an not an IPO and YOU are called to participate not just watch and wait.

How to do this:
   talk about NEM to your friend and relatives
   spread the word out
   invest NEM in some real business
   start a business that uses NEM
   help the developer team to code services around NEM
   (design, translate, write,code)
   do other thinks that you are good at to add value to NEM.

4) I think is good to and could raise the value of NEM also the fund could be used like
   in option 2)

Actually I find only option 1 bad and all other options seems good to me.
Maybe we should put on vote this options mentioned here and let to community decide about the outcome
but I thing this should be when time comes now is still early for this things.

Best regards,
      freigeist

Totem22

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:36:47 PM

Please do not shoot off your head but please substantiate why this is nonsense so that people can understand "your point of view", for without reason, it is equally nonsensical to say so.

Let's discuss in a civilized manner but there is no need to rush to a decision anytime soon. I am sure the ultimate decision will reside with the will of the whole community  Smiley
iaminitnow06

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:43:56 PM

Out of all the things I wrote, you only qoute this line of mine??
First, It is far more easy to destroy something than actually creating that thing.
Secondly, It is far too early to think about charity before the full working software release - "A house doesn't stand on sand, It needs a strong foundation to stand upon". First we need to build a single storey upon the foundation before thinking about the 2nd storey atop.
Once everything is all up and firing, we as a community can think of something about charity if a majority of holders agree. Note: I myself support the charity option but clearly do not as in the current moment.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
gvans

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:48:35 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 07:25:46 PM by gvans

...played around with some colour schemes

edit: will make higher resolution if needed later on

My original "green" proposal here

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
iaminitnow06

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:50:12 PM

^^First one looks appealing

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:55:59 PM

Out of all the things I wrote, you only qoute this line of mine??
First, It is far more easy to destroy something than actually creating that thing.
Secondly, It is far too early to think about charity before the full working software release - "A house doesn't stand on sand, It needs a strong foundation to stand upon". First we need to build a single storey upon the foundation before thinking about the 2nd storey atop.
Once everything is all up and firing, we as a community can think of something about charity if a majority of holders agree. Note: I myself support the charity option but clearly do not as in the current moment.

That goes to show that there is a bigger fish to fry at the moment and people are talking about what needs to be done with the unclaimed coins, most with selfish intents and short term in mind. And that's what I have been harping about. Think of great things and projects to do instead of tossing over a few coins.

And if one is bankrupt of any better ideas than just to selfishly profit from the pump, dump and jump perspective, then, as a I said, this is the wrong community to be in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: