Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:25:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:15:59 AM

Hi There! Was not here for a month,sorry -busy with  another work. It seems like Nem forum not working or this is just for UK users?

I have redeem my real Nem address exactly before 22/11/2014?

and what a shit about 888 bil NEM??? it MUST BE EXACTLY ONLY 4 bil , like it was matter before!

Cheers!

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:21:35 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 05:32:39 AM by TaunSew

Hi There! Was not here for a month,sorry -busy with  another work. It seems like Nem forum not working or this is just for UK users?

and what a shit about 888 bil NEM??? it MUST BE EXACTLY ONLY 4 bil , like it was matter before!

Cheers!

Actually a slight correction here - the person who conceived the idea brought up 888 trillion.

A lot of these number threads are conjecture and I think a supply in the trillions may had already been ruled out as it presents too much of a programming obstacle for third party javascript developers in the ecosystem.  NEM long term success is dependent on those ecosystem programmers.

I think the remaining conjecture here is 4 billion to 100 billion but I haven't really seen much decisive force is moving past 4 billion, so this conjecture seems purely entertainment (especially when Patmast3r vocalizes his dissent).   It would be nice if more stakeholders did chime in and submit their thoughts on 4 billion, 8 billion and 80 billion as options.

At least in the polls I remember the sample poll at least indicated 8 billion had more margin of support in favour than the logo vote ever had..  but an official logo was something that was actually a needed result as opposed to say tweaking the total supply which otherwise has long been established for many months.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 06:41:37 AM

Hi There! Was not here for a month,sorry -busy with  another work. It seems like Nem forum not working or this is just for UK users?

Cheers!

Actually a slight correction here - the person who conceived the idea brought up 888 trillion.

A lot of these number threads are conjecture and I think a supply in the trillions may had already been ruled out as it presents too much of a programming obstacle for third party javascript developers in the ecosystem.  NEM long term success is dependent on those ecosystem programmers.

I think the remaining conjecture here is 4 billion to 100 billion but I haven't really seen much decisive force is moving past 4 billion, so this conjecture seems purely entertainment (especially when Patmast3r vocalizes his dissent).   It would be nice if more stakeholders did chime in and submit their thoughts on 4 billion, 8 billion and 80 billion as options.

At least in the polls I remember the sample poll at least indicated 8 billion had more margin of support in favour than the logo vote ever had..  but an official logo was something that was actually a needed result as opposed to say tweaking the total supply which otherwise has long been established for many months.

Has everyone seen the discussion thread on our forums, especially this post: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2661.msg9164#msg9164
??

It seems that 8 or 8.888 billion might be the way to go. (more than 9 billion and javascript numbers cannot be represented, given our 6 digits of precision)

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
TaunSew

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:29:04 AM

Rockethead in that post was purely focused on analytical and empirical justification to increasing the supply (he was not interested in superstition at least in that one post).  

There does seem to be evidence that increasing the supply will produce a higher capitalization (stakeholders would be wealthier if that is what they are interested in) and induce more velocity.  

It also allows somebody to maintain NEMillionaire status as currently all it takes is to spend 1 NEM and you cease being a NEMillionaire.  So NEMstakeholders may end up getting a free silver coin and some little spending NEM so they can maintain their prestige title of being one of the initial NEMillionaires.

As for the superstition with 8 and 888.  888 in particular is an universal good luck number in Western European / Anglophone cultures, Latin American, Judaism, Eastern European / Greek and East Asian cultures.  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:34:18 AM

Rockethead in that post was purely focused on analytical and empirical justification to increasing the supply (he was not interested in superstition at least in that one post).  

There does seem to be evidence that increasing the supply will produce a higher capitalization (stakeholders would be wealthier if that is what they are interested in) and induce more velocity.  

It also allows somebody to maintain NEMillionaire status as currently all it takes is to spend 1 NEM and you cease being a NEMillionaire.  So NEMstakeholders may end up getting a free silver coin and some little spending NEM so they can maintain their prestige title of being one of the initial NEMillionaires.

As for the superstition with 8 and 888.  888 in particular is an universal good luck number in Western European / Anglophone cultures, Latin American, Judaism, Eastern European / Greek and East Asian cultures.     If people do round up to 9 billion in their heads then 9 billion is still considered a good number in most cultures too.

Are we sure increasing velocity is a good thing, at least for the first months / year ?
People won't have that much todo other than trade on exchanges so increasing velocity during that phase might just increase volatility as well.

Also 88 is a "not so good" number in Europe for completely non-superstitious reasons.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 07:38:45 AM

As for the superstition with 8 and 888.  888 in particular is an universal good luck number in Western European / Anglophone cultures, Latin American, Judaism, Eastern European / Greek and East Asian cultures.     If people do round up to 9 billion in their heads then 9 billion is still considered a good number in most cultures too.

Are we sure increasing velocity is a good thing, at least for the first months / year ?
People won't have that much todo other than trade on exchanges so increasing velocity during that phase might just increase volatility as well.

Also 88 is a "not so good" number in Europe for completely non-superstitious reasons.

But there is nothing wrong with 8 or 888 Smiley
As I recall, 88 is Chinese internet slang for bye-bye? But there should be nothing wrong with having 8 or more than two 8s.

Velocity of money should be good, especially at the beginning. We want NEM to flow our and cover the world Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:22:24 AM

8 888 888 888  should be the number

http://thedailycrowd.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/global-money-supply.png

1.As you can see this number about covers the Global Monetary Creation
 2.The number has to be under 9 billion or Java 3 rd parties would have programming difficulties.
 3.8 is a lucky number for many cultures.
 4.If its rounded up well thats ok as 9 is considered 'long lasting' in some cultures.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
TaunSew

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:57:05 AM

8 888 888 888

8 000 888 000

8 888 000 000

Depends on which you think may be more aesthetic to read, sounds better and rounds more conveniently.  I think the first number would just be pronounced 8.888 billion in a conversation (as in "8 point 888 billion") or rounded to 9.  The second would just be rounded to 8.  

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:58:09 AM

Help with nem, how do I get the client to sync?the  blocks dont update

Is your node booted? What happens when you click the "send nem" button?

Yeah im very new to nem/nxt, i got nem working a month ago and even had people send me some nem, tried to start it up this month but now its at 0 nems at block unkown and doesnt update, not sure if i did something wrong with the java update or what

I typed in a random node name and when clicking send the send screen pops up

Hi crypt0xx,

maybe the last version you tried was an alpha version which is incompatible to any beta version. To be sure that everything works I would

1) go to java control panel, and hit "View..." (can be run with javaws -viewer)
2) from "applications" remove NCC, NIS and Monitor
3) to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problems)

There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834

Bloody Rookie

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
nembit86

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:31:31 AM

8 888 888 888

8 000 888 000

8 888 000 000

Depends on which you think may be more aesthetic to read, sounds better and rounds more conveniently.  I think the first number would just be pronounced 8.888 billion in a conversation (as in "8 point 888 billion") or rounded to 9.  The second would just be rounded to 8.  

Probably plain old simple 8 billion would do. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:33:23 AM

Can we please stop the coin number discussion? People are talking about NEM when they are discussing it, not the "8 or 8.888 billion total coin cryptocurrency". Total waste of time this..

nembit86

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:41:10 AM

Can we please stop the coin number discussion? People are talking about NEM when they are discussing it, not the "8 or 8.888 billion total coin cryptocurrency". Total waste of time this..

+1

Fair enough.......what do you want to talk about then? .....

nembit86

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:03:59 AM

Whos going to start up the Nem- bay website?
You know the one where every Nemster has a page and posts pictures of things he wants to sell and buy.
All payments in Nem of course. Transactions between Nemsters first perhaps but it could catch on?
Could we attach it to the Forum?    Just thoughts.

MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:23:31 AM

888 trl Wink

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 10:30:09 AM

Isn't coin number about NEM? Or you want us to switch subject and talk about NOBLECOIN? That will be a waste of my time, too.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

+1

Fair enough.......what do you want to talk about then? .....

Maybe about the launch!!  Cheesy
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 10:41:30 AM

As for the superstition with 8 and 888.  888 in particular is an universal good luck number in Western European / Anglophone cultures, Latin American, Judaism, Eastern European / Greek and East Asian cultures.  

I don't really care if it is a 4. My phone ends with a 4 and it came the way it was and I did not bother. I only care if I buy a house because I will not be able to fetch a premium with some jerk whose life revolves around 2s, 3s, 6s, 8s and 9s! They should be doing their own soixante neuf instead!

It is an accepted culture in Australia, at least in Sydney. They are no level four in many new apartment developments in Sydney!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:22:49 AM

Isn't coin number about NEM? Or you want us to switch subject and talk about NOBLECOIN? That will be a waste of my time, too.

Why are you involving noblecoin in this? I'm supporting them, hence my sig, but I'm not starting a discussion about them here.. Leave noblecoin out of this.

I'm a stakeholder in NEM and that's why I feel useless discussions should end at some point. It's not good marketing towards new people if the main discussion about one of the greatest projects in crypto is about something as small as the total amount if coins.

There have been discussions for weeks about something that's hardly used in daily practice and those discussions should end and make room for more constructive ones.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

8 888 888 888

8 000 888 000

8 888 000 000

Probably plain old simple 8 billion would do. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, I tend to agree. You would end up trying to explain one of the other numbers such as

8 888 888 888

8 000 888 000

8 888 000 000

and wouldnt really have a good explanation for any of them.

remember animal farm .. 8 is goood    4 is baaaaddd
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:11:01 PM

[ author=NorrisK link=topic=654845.msg9517278#msg9517278 date=1415784803]

Isn't coin number about NEM? Or you want us to switch subject and ...

Your postings made me want a gallup Smiley

How many crypto coins are you following?

My answer is  0.5  Smiley

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: