Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:18:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KickAzzDude

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:20:45 PM

Tried to claim my stake and got this msg "That token has not been registered in time. You will need to claim after launch" will I still get the full amount at launch?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:42:20 PM

Can we please stop the coin number discussion? People are talking about NEM when they are discussing it, not the "8 or 8.888 billion total coin cryptocurrency". Total waste of time this..

Isn't coin number about NEM? Or you want us to switch subject and talk about NOBLECOIN? That will be a waste of my time, too.

Why are you involving noblecoin in this? I'm supporting them, hence my sig, but I'm not starting a discussion about them here.. Leave noblecoin out of this.

I'm a stakeholder in NEM and that's why I feel useless discussions should end at some point. It's not good marketing towards new people if the main discussion about one of the greatest projects in crypto is about something as small as the total amount if coins.

There have been discussions for weeks about something that's hardly used in daily practice and those discussions should end and make room for more constructive ones.

You may think it is frivolous but the point is it needs consensus. With so many fuds, this must be discussed. If everyone thinks it is nothing, this wouldn't have been such a topic. Further, it will affect the market price of NEM. Shouldn't you be interested if you are a stakeholder? What affects your concern more? How to claim?
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:45:22 PM

REDEEM YOUR AE Stakes & BTT Stakes BEFORE NOVEMBER 22, 2014

CHEERS GUYS

Devs forgive me I'm not spamming. Just simply being the reminder.

*** Bumpin' ***

Why wouldn't this be in the OP title?
crypt0xx

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:54:02 PM

Help with nem, how do I get the client to sync?the  blocks dont update

Is your node booted? What happens when you click the "send nem" button?

Yeah im very new to nem/nxt, i got nem working a month ago and even had people send me some nem, tried to start it up this month but now its at 0 nems at block unkown and doesnt update, not sure if i did something wrong with the java update or what

I typed in a random node name and when clicking send the send screen pops up

Hi crypt0xx,

maybe the last version you tried was an alpha version which is incompatible to any beta version. To be sure that everything works I would

1) go to java control panel, and hit "View..." (can be run with javaws -viewer)
2) from "applications" remove NCC, NIS and Monitor
3) to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problems)

There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834

Bloody Rookie

Alright thanks, I just tried this, but now I cant start NCC it goes to starting then stops only NIS runs, also i cant find nem community client shortcut and open ncc in browser doesnt connect, any idea?
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:08:33 PM

I don't think many read the op.. Roll Eyes
I said the Title.  People read the title.  Roll Eyes

wups.. sorry.. Smiley that they do. Grin

Yeah, and I agree nobody reads the OP.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:21:25 PM

Can we please stop the coin number discussion? People are talking about NEM when they are discussing it, not the "8 or 8.888 billion total coin cryptocurrency". Total waste of time this..

Isn't coin number about NEM? Or you want us to switch subject and talk about NOBLECOIN? That will be a waste of my time, too.

Why are you involving noblecoin in this? I'm supporting them, hence my sig, but I'm not starting a discussion about them here.. Leave noblecoin out of this.

I'm a stakeholder in NEM and that's why I feel useless discussions should end at some point. It's not good marketing towards new people if the main discussion about one of the greatest projects in crypto is about something as small as the total amount if coins.

There have been discussions for weeks about something that's hardly used in daily practice and those discussions should end and make room for more constructive ones.

+1

+1

PLEASE STOP IT!!!!!!

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
marek3ball-orig

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:22:14 PM

+1
Fair enough.......what do you want to talk about then? .....

Who will buy NEM after launch and what will they do with the money? How we could get new people from the outside of the BTT.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:30:55 PM

You may think it is frivolous but the point is it needs consensus. With so many fuds, this must be discussed. If everyone thinks it is nothing, this wouldn't have been such a topic. Further, it will affect the market price of NEM. Shouldn't you be interested if you are a stakeholder? What affects your concern more? How to claim?

It would indeed affect the price per NEM, but not the market cap or price per stake. Therefore, from a price point of view I couldn't care less whether we have a 4 billion or 888 billion supply. The stake will be worth the same.

I understand the reasons to this number discussion and get that most people want an 8 rather than a 4, but to keep going at different variations of 8, especially in this stage of development just isn't efficient and fruitful.

Concerns have been voiced, dev team took notice, alternatives were provided, and I'm sure a good decision will be made on the total number.
TaunSewie

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:04:05 PM

NEM deaded is?!  Angry Angry Sad

http://s30.postimg.org/f1ov6gwwx/nemdeaded.png
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:18:18 PM

NEM deaded is?!  Angry Angry Sad

... Look at available stakes and reconsider
kleeii

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:21:26 PM

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-buy-nemstake.png
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:25:14 PM

Alright thanks, I just tried this, but now I cant start NCC it goes to starting then stops only NIS runs, also i cant find nem community client shortcut and open ncc in browser doesnt connect, any idea?

Maybe you already had an alpha version installed which is incompatible.
Open task manager and kill every java process running. Then delete the folder "c:\users\<your user name>\nem".
Then start the NEM software again.

Bloody Rookie

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
crypt0xx

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:34:51 PM

Maybe you already had an alpha version installed which is incompatible.
Open task manager and kill every java process running. Then delete the folder "c:\users\<your user name>\nem".
Then start the NEM software again.

Bloody Rookie

Yup I did everything you posted in that link and restarted it should now be 0.4.20beta but NCC starts then stops after a few
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:40:38 PM

It would indeed affect the price per NEM, but not the market cap or price per stake. Therefore, from a price point of view I couldn't care less whether we have a 4 billion or 888 billion supply. The stake will be worth the same.

I understand the reasons to this number discussion and get that most people want an 8 rather than a 4, but to keep going at different variations of 8, especially in this stage of development just isn't efficient and fruitful.

Concerns have been voiced, dev team took notice, alternatives were provided, and I'm sure a good decision will be made on the total number.

I am not sure what you mean by "It would indeed affect the price per NEM, but not the market cap or price per stake." - the price of NEM will affect the market cap as the market cap depends on the price of the NEM to arrive at its market cap value. Mathematically, 4 Billion or 8 Billion supply affects the price of NEM and the market cap.

It appears that you seldom come here but some work has been done and it is not so much about superstition anymore.

https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2661.msg9164#msg9164

To note: I was indifferent about the number of coins until I actually started looking at its implications. You see, I am one person who will not treat anything likely unless I have thought much about it.  I came out with a brief view and then later I was asked to give a more affirmative view with regards to having a quantitative analysis on it. If the analysis has any bearing, then you should be more interested rather than just writing it off without due considerations and think it is a waste of time.

Sometimes, we should recognize that little details like these can make the difference between a well executed project and a failure (or not so well executed project). No matter how preposterous a suggestion is, one should not just knock it off. After all 4B to 8B came from a superstitious suggestion, which to me was preposterous. But I looked at it from another perspective, i.e., what if we really increased it? Will it make a value difference instead? Whence I went out to look for an answer.

None has challenged my findings so far. And I welcome a challenge.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:51:00 PM

I am not sure what you mean by "It would indeed affect the price per NEM, but not the market cap or price per stake." - the price of NEM will affect the market cap as the market cap depends on the price of the NEM to arrive at its market cap value. ...

What he means is this...
If you have 10 coins and a marketcap of 200 USD then each coin is worth 20 USD.
If you suddenly split those 10 coins into 20 then the marketcap stays the same but each coin is only worth 10 USD.

This would be correct if the price was dictated by pure logic. Which it isn't.

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:31:54 PM

Looks like BTC on way up again at last......I read a post ages ago saying that BTC was sold for tax purposes in October and that after October the price would rise again.......could be that he was right whoever he was

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
sevenyears26

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:34:48 PM

+1

Who will buy NEM after launch and what will they do with the money? How we could get new people from the outside of the BTT.

This is what we should be talking about right now. It seems like people are expecting to gain publicity for this coin by making sure that there are 888 trillion when in actuality, we should be assembling our swarm team and making a team effort to inform other people about nem. This number of coins issue is making us look like a joke right now. Its a total waste. Its a conversation that should have been had 5 months ago.

Nem Beta: TAQJE7-B37VGQ-HX7JBK-LTBAG7-D7BZUJ-YTO4IP-LLEF
nembit86

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:40:47 PM

+1

This is what we should be talking about right now. It seems like people are expecting to gain publicity for this coin by making sure that there are 888 trillion when in actuality, we should be assembling our swarm team and making a team effort to inform other people about nem. This number of coins issue is making us look like a joke right now. Its a total waste. Its a conversation that should have been had 5 months ago.

The concensus is 8 billion.......you are right......lets talk about something else now !!!!!!!!

gomei

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:43:19 PM

+1

The concensus is 8 billion.......you are right......lets talk about something else now !!!!!!!!
anyway 8 billion is good according to the community.
we should focus on the promotion of nem.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
nembit86

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:49:16 PM

+1

anyway 8 billion is good according to the community.
we should focus on the promotion of nem.
I posted on how we could start a type of e- bay in Nem not so far back and there was not one single reply...

Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: