Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:24:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:15:10 PM

Yeah but what if someone swaps out your bitcoins for fake ones  Shocked Shocked

That is going to be the ultimate sting. maybe it will happen one day. I've often heard the less technically savvy gold bugs asking what will happen to bitcoins if the internet/power grid goes down. But if we lose the internet and power grid, how the hell will you be able to test if the gold someone is offering you isn't really tungsten? I like the old westerns where someone bites into a gold coin but I'm not sure if it's a good way to test.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 04:47:00 PM

From Data Mining Reveals the Factors Driving the Price of Bitcoins :
[...]
But to dig more deeply, he also used a technique called wavelet coherence analysis to look for correlations between the price of bitcoins and other currencies such as the U.S. dollar and the Chinese renminbi as well as with the price of gold, a traditional safe haven for investors in times of trouble.
[...]
His analysis also found no evidence that investors use Bitcoin as a safe haven like gold.
[...]

If that's true, that means that when Bitcoin will be used as a safe haven, his price will be 1000x Smiley

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:52:01 PM

From Data Mining Reveals the Factors Driving the Price of Bitcoins :
[...]
But to dig more deeply, he also used a technique called wavelet coherence analysis to look for correlations between the price of bitcoins and other currencies such as the U.S. dollar and the Chinese renminbi as well as with the price of gold, a traditional safe haven for investors in times of trouble.
[...]
His analysis also found no evidence that investors use Bitcoin as a safe haven like gold.
[...]

If that's true, that means that when Bitcoin will be used as a safe haven, his price will be 1000x Smiley

the overwhelming evidence based on several commentators in this thread prove that his conclusion is incorrect.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:12:48 PM

Governments do not own “their” citizens or the territory of their country.

http://www.compasscayman.com/cfr/2013/07/12/Why-financial-privacy-/#.U5MB-i6VVUA.twitter
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 05:28:59 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 09:32:43 PM by vokain

Governments do not own “their” citizens or the territory of their country.

http://www.compasscayman.com/cfr/2013/07/12/Why-financial-privacy-/#.U5MB-i6VVUA.twitter

there's quite a bit of alternative opinion that claims that your SSN is a claim by the US on its citizens.

http://www.mind-trek.com/practicl/tl17b.htm
The Social Security number is an important weapon in the hands of the territorial gangsters (people who use deception, fraud, coercion, and terror to claim "jurisdiction" (so-called) over people who happen to be in a certain geographic territory). Territorial gangsters (TGs) love to create systems that enable them to dominate and control their victims so they can live off the fruit of their labor like parasites or cannibals. They use the Social Security number to keep track of their victims. Other agencies, such as Credit Bureaus and Banks, also use the Social Security number (SS#) to identify people.

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution created a creature called a "U.S. citizen" - euphemism for victim or slave. U.S. citizens are subject to federal and other statutory jurisdiction. The TGs took many other steps to turn individuals into victims or slaves. One of these steps was the introduction of the Social Security system. Practically all these steps have been flagrantly fraudulent. The TGs like to operate on the basis that because you've applied for their SS# (and stated on the application that you're a "U.S. Citizen"), you are their slave and they own you and can tell you what to do or what not to do. They won't put it this way, but this is the basis on which they operate.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

How much gold is that? Does anyone realistically own that much? I was told filling up a 2L bottle with gold dust would make it weigh 40kg.

I could believe that I would hedge 10% of my Bitcoin fortunes to gold in the next 10x upmove. For every BTC10k it'd mean the sale of BTC1k, multiplied by about $5000...

For $5M you get 125 kg of gold.

Certainly there are people who own a tonne of gold (1/180,000 of the gold stock) but they are fewer in number. It is much easier to buy 1/180,000 of all BTC, since that can be done by investing a manageable $44k...

What if you could go to Africa to buy some at a low low price of $989.31/oz? It's an instant steal...

I think you meant steel,

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 10:12:00 PM

I think Mish is just one of the many knowledgeable personas who "want" to like bitcoin but can't simply because it might be perceived as too radical.  So I think as more "experts" capitulate, it will give further permission to other experts to capitulate too. 

We are herd animals.

May be James Turk's capitulation have already had an effect on Mish & Co.

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:15:22 PM

Gold will make a comeback soon. It won't loose a chunk of it's value in a matter of days.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:44:57 PM

Gold will make a comeback soon. It won't loose a chunk of it's value in a matter of days.

as i said, i covered my short just in time. but this is a short term dead cat bounce from a daily cyclical bottom which should fail once again.  the long term cyclical top was back in Sept 2011.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:12:16 PM

the long term cyclical top was back in Sept 2011.

I am still not ready to believe this. I tend to think that we are now in the bear trap phase on the infamous "anatomy of a bubble" chart and the final run-up in gold is still to come.

After that happens I think gold will ultimately deflate as it will lose most of its monetary premium to crypto.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 02:01:02 AM

I am still not ready to believe this. I tend to think that we are now in the bear trap phase on the infamous "anatomy of a bubble" chart and the final run-up in gold is still to come.

After that happens I think gold will ultimately deflate as it will lose most of its monetary premium to crypto.

no chance

obvious peak is obvious.

15$ silver coming soon, bottom at 13.8, maybe lower... and its not like its going to jump 200% after bottoming, historicaly PM hardly keep up with infaltion.

coin collecting isn't an investment, its a hobby.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:16:14 AM

no chance

obvious peak is obvious.

15$ silver coming soon, bottom at 13.8, maybe lower... and its not like its going to jump 200% after bottoming, historicaly PM hardly keep up with infaltion.

coin collecting isn't an investment, its a hobby.

'coin collecting' as you call it has been a mighty lucrative hobby for me.  Not as lucrative as my Bitcoin hobby though, that's for sure (especially if one cancels out the first half of 2014 which has been a something of a joner in bitcoinland.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
zeetubes

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:20:46 AM

"obvious peak is obvious."

Nothing in the current markets is obvious unless you work for Goldman Sachs (of shit) or the Fed. Silver could obviously be driven lower but not for any logical reasons involving supply and demand. If the new iphone outsells android phones then it wouldn't be obvious to state that apple shares should drop 20%.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 02:31:35 AM

Nothing in the current markets is obvious unless you work for Goldman Sachs (of shit) or the Fed. Silver could obviously be driven lower but not for any logical reasons involving supply and demand. If the new iphone outsells android phones then it wouldn't be obvious to state that apple shares should drop 20%.

idk

i'm relatively sure PM was in a bubble. I don't buy that "they" are totally warping the "paper price", banks shorted the PM bubble thats not manipulation thats just good trading...

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:11:36 AM

It could easily flip to be perfectly honest. I would bet that it will in the near future.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
zeetubes

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:38:54 AM

idk

i'm relatively sure PM was in a bubble. I don't buy that "they" are totally warping the "paper price", banks shorted the PM bubble thats not manipulation thats just good trading...

I don't know either. I don't work in that side of finance. But it seems to me that current and recent silver demand is more than mine supply and silver's industrial application is still strong. If more people buy BTC than sell then the price goes up but who knows for how long until the big players get involved and start bending the BTC market. Did you read about the recent "mini puke" of the gold fix at Barclays? Supposedly of course a one-off event but if so why does it have a commonly known name? Also why are gold and silver the only commodities (i know of) to have a daily fix? All interesting stuff.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 02:08:22 PM

idk

You do know that your taxes pay for their ability to do that manipulation?
The bullion banks own the Federal Reserve, which has as its charter the manipulation of the value of money.
The fed has socialized it debt burden as a part of the TARP deal, so taxpayers are liable for the loss if it goes against them, but they get the gains if its a win.

So call it good trading, or manipulation or whatever moniker you like, the facts are that the trade is backed by the taxability of the US citizenry, which is backed by the ability to imprison any who don't pay whatever tax they decide to levy.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:17:28 PM

idk

You do know that your taxes pay for their ability to do that manipulation?
The bullion banks own the Federal Reserve, which has as its charter the manipulation of the value of money.
The fed has socialized it debt burden as a part of the TARP deal, so taxpayers are liable for the loss if it goes against them, but they get the gains if its a win.

So call it good trading, or manipulation or whatever moniker you like, the facts are that the trade is backed by the taxability of the US citizenry, which is backed by the ability to imprison any who don't pay whatever tax they decide to levy.

And all of this is hidden in plain sight. Throughout history this has been the best hiding place.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:58:26 PM

Gold collapsing? I don't follow the metal prices. Link?

ya i agree gold is due for a Major correction.

Gold Line keeps calling me telling me its not a bubble ...

Oh my... far too slow. I'll stay in crypto thank you very much.  Grin

At least I'll know where to put some of my crypto wealth in a few years (or maybe a decade) for the long long.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:48:53 PM

Gold collapsing? I don't follow the metal prices. Link?

ya i agree gold is due for a Major correction.

Gold Line keeps calling me telling me its not a bubble ...

Oh my... far too slow. I'll stay in crypto thank you very much.  Grin

At least I'll know where to put some of my crypto wealth in a few years (or maybe a decade) for the long long.

Yes indeed, gold seems like an extremely boring thing to own  Grin
I know it's said volatility is bad for btc etc etc, but it sure makes it interesting!
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: