Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 08:16:03 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 1560 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 1806416 times)
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:44:08 PM

"In the future, in the Internet generation, every country will slowly relax sovereign control and even dilute the concept of sovereignty."

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/pboc-official-sovereignty-bitcoin-internet-age-will-change-china-around-world/2014/07/07

"country will relax" my ass. We shall starve and suffocate them.

The officials will have no budget. Their pensions are extinguished. Their salaries are inflated away. The politicians will be laughed at, when they try to offer spoils to the voters. The servicemen abroad will, when their machinery stops due to lack of maintenance, when they have no fuel for their warships for lack of pay, when they have no food left, quietly leave the warships, team up with a local woman and start small scale vegetable production, forget to write home.

You nailed it. Statists will have to compete for our bitcoins by offering their "services" on a voluntary basis. Fewer and fewer proposals will get funded and individuals overall will prosper. I can't think of a more exciting time to be alive.

I think we may see a "hollowing out" of government but I think your vision is too much.  In a world of declining resources relative to population, defense may still be very important.  But internal services and the attached regulatory bodies that are currently centralized for trust reasons (taxi medallions, hotels, etc) will move to decentralized models.  And blockchain technology will remove much of the legal work relating to tracking ownership of titles, stocks, bonds, etc.  However, local government will still be required to protect long term investment against externalities (i.e. you can't build that noisy, polluting factory right next to our neighborhood without buying all the houses in it first because you will ruin the quality of life for all residents).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:10:42 PM

the roll:

_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 815

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:18:51 PM

Innovation, coherent and targeted marketing, corporate design style guides, laser focused developers working together, pumping out features faster then you can say fiat: http://nxter.org/nxt-newsletter-14/. Ignore at your own peril.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:21:58 PM

"In the future, in the Internet generation, every country will slowly relax sovereign control and even dilute the concept of sovereignty."

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/pboc-official-sovereignty-bitcoin-internet-age-will-change-china-around-world/2014/07/07

The officials will have no budget. Their pensions are extinguished. Their salaries are inflated away. The politicians will be laughed at, when they try to offer spoils to the voters. The servicemen abroad will, when their machinery stops due to lack of maintenance, when they have no fuel for their warships for lack of pay, when they have no food left, quietly leave the warships, team up with a local woman and start small scale vegetable production, forget to write home.

Try to learn from what happened to the USSR. The government will not stay a whole but will fall apart as everyone will try to grab what they can as they head for the exit to safeguard their own future.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:23:11 PM

stocks topping?  ending diagonal...
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:25:25 PM

Innovation, coherent and targeted marketing, corporate design style guides, laser focused developers working together, pumping out features faster then you can say fiat: http://nxter.org/nxt-newsletter-14/. Ignore at your own peril.

i don't think so.

was it NXT or NEM founders who paid a measly total of 21 BTC for their initial distribution?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:35:21 PM

"This could in effect make the banks part of what would begin to look like a war council,” Grayson said in an e-mail. “Congress needs to keep an eye on what something like this could mean.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-08/banks-dreading-computer-hacks-call-for-cyber-war-council.html
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:37:16 PM

i don't think so.

was it NXT or NEM founders who paid a measly total of 21 BTC for their initial distribution?

It was nxt, but it really doesn't matter how much they paid. Just like a company their time and effort they put in building up an ecosystem is far more valuable and their initial buy in stake.
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:39:11 PM

Here's the asset exchange running in a web browser. This is a global decentralized database that can be accessed and used from any application anywhere in the world. From MMO assets to company shares anything can plug into this api.

https://trade.secureae.com/#2950240446121913764

Btc and Nxt can compliment each other quite nicely. This isn't a one or the other game.
Erdogan

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:41:07 PM

You nailed it. Statists will have to compete for our bitcoins by offering their "services" on a voluntary basis. Fewer and fewer proposals will get funded and individuals overall will prosper. I can't think of a more exciting time to be alive.

The best part, it may be done without violence. When the money dies, the middle class (those who earn enough to save or invest if they want), will be wiped out, hungry scared. Maloney thinks that if many middle classers have some gold, we can avoid the dictatorship. I think that bitcoin can fullfill this role. We need adoption to go to may be 10 per cent before the crisis. That is two years.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:42:25 PM

Here's the asset exchange running in a web browser. This is a global decentralized database that can be accessed and used from any application anywhere in the world. From MMO assets to company shares anything can plug into this api.

Btc and Nxt can compliment each other quite nicely. This isn't a one or the other game.

nice site.

hmmm....

kodtycoon

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:44:04 PM

https://trade.secureae.com/#12465186738101000735

fixed for you! Wink

"Pioneering a revolutionary novel consensus mechanism called proof of importance."
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:45:08 PM

The best part, it may be done without violence. When the money dies, the middle class (those who earn enough to save or invest if they want), will be wiped out, hungry scared. Maloney thinks that if many middle classers have some gold, we can avoid the dictatorship. I think that bitcoin can fullfill this role. We need adoption to go to may be 10 per cent before the crisis. That is two years.

well, the way i see it, Bitcoin is waiting for something after having clearly broken the downtrend and made a significant move off the bottom.  that something is likely big.  and the move is likely to be UP.
kodtycoon

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:46:04 PM

nice site.

hmmm....

fixed. long term time scale chart on first link.

http://www.nxtreporting.com/?as=12465186738101000735

https://trade.secureae.com/#12465186738101000735

also trade.secure isnt the nxt client, its just a website that interfaces with it so you can trade on the AE with out running nrs(nxt software)

also, this is another reason to be interested in PoS/Pos+PoI coins http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2a2on3/soooooo_what_the_hell_is_happening_with_this/

"Pioneering a revolutionary novel consensus mechanism called proof of importance."
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:48:18 PM

well, the way i see it, Bitcoin is waiting for something after having clearly broken the downtrend and made a significant move off the bottom.  that something is likely big.  and the move is likely to be UP.

And it's likely very soon. It will be epic as always Smiley

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:49:33 PM

yes, i neglected to say that. 

we won't be going sideways for 2 yrs that's for sure.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:52:20 PM

2 years is a sure thing. I am thinking weeks though Wink. (Of course it's impossible to be certain).

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:56:26 PM

2 years is a sure thing. I am thinking weeks though Wink. (Of course it's impossible to be certain).

correct timeframe.  at most we're forming a bull flag that will take that long, but then...
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:30:20 PM

i'm pleased to say that on 7/4 at a party, i was able to send demo BTC to the iPhone of a CEO of a biotech company.  

i'd never browsed the iPhone app store before but simply searching "Bitcoin" brought up loads of stuff including a few wallets.  he was thoroughly impressed and had actually approached me about Bitcoin since he knew i was involved back when the price was around $80. he now gets it and will be entering the space i'm sure. 

i've been waiting to be able to do this for the longest time and it is a powerful way to demonstrate the utility of Bitcoin to anyone with a smartphone now.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 05:06:09 PM

i've been waiting to be able to do this for the longest time and it is a powerful way to demonstrate the utility of Bitcoin to anyone with a smartphone now.

So as long as you've been holding?  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 1560 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.