Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170604 times)
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:37:37 AM

I think it would be nice if you would do the crowdfunding, since you put in already 10%. If you get it funded, then you can decide if you want to program by yourself or supervise it.

Here you can read about how to set it up: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/crowdfunding-what-case-should-we-do-and-how-do-you-contribute.602/

You know what? I think I'll actually do this.
I'll start one for the mixer.

And what's the Dev's address, so I can start another one for Dev?
It's in his sig.....BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9

Also, please don't make it so that if it is successfully funded it goes to your account, i think a lot of people would just plain not be happy to donate to that. Rather make it also to send funds to dev, or some other trusted member(mczarnek, corwetic or xizmax) perhaps?
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 11:48:00 AM

i think that some guys are here wasting his time instead of doing something good for this GREAT alt coin.

all of us want the same, why not to discuss about it instead of attack others members and/or this coin?

None of the PoC2 attempts have worked out well in practice unfortunately. Plotting ends up being horribly slow(much worse than PoC1) and large gains can be had by shaving bits off and brute forcing them with gpus. PoC2 is now on hold until a better solution is found.

thats the worst news i had read, i have lot of expectations about it, i was thinking that you will release very very soon, but now...

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:57:25 AM

I think it would be nice if you would do the crowdfunding, since you put in already 10%. If you get it funded, then you can decide if you want to program by yourself or supervise it.

Here you can read about how to set it up: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/crowdfunding-what-case-should-we-do-and-how-do-you-contribute.602/

You know what? I think I'll actually do this.
I'll start one for the mixer.

And what's the Dev's address, so I can start another one for Dev?
It's in his sig.....BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9

Also, please don't make it so that if it is successfully funded it goes to your account, i think a lot of people would just plain not be happy to donate to that. Rather make it also to send funds to dev, or some other trusted member(mczarnek, corwetic or xizmax) perhaps?

I'll just use dev's account.
also I want to start a CF for AT team, please give me an address for that.

And I will start on my address CF for mixer.
CF for mixer will be in a few stages.  First stage will be for 3M burst, it goes to my address, and I will award it to the first one that comes up with some code for the mixer, after I review it.
It will not require need a complete mixer implementation, just an outline of the idea and some code towards implementing it.
Then we move to stage 2,3... etc as more code gets written, until it's completed.

zippolo

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:20:58 PM

Count me in for a donation
iscal

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:32:21 PM

Count me in for a donation

me too
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 05:33:26 PM

A lot of us will donate to many of these CFs that will be started, LETS MAKE USE OF BURSTS TECHNOLOGY!!!!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
pinballdude

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:36:18 PM

So how exactly would you do a 51% attack on burstcoin, given that it is coded from the ground up totally independent of the bitcoin code. There are some things that are different enough that the 51% attack needs to be quite a bit different. Do a walkthrough with 10 nodes for instance..

Let us know that you have the technical knowhow, and is not just trolling, trying to scare people into selling their burst before you pump and dump it.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. It's actually easier to do it with burst, since you get the benefit of knowing the deadline.
But why would I have explain myself to you? I have 17% of the mining power. Need I say more?

So because you allegedly have 17% of the mining power, you know the technology well enough to force a fork?  That was a silly argument.

Prove you know how to fork the coin.

If there is a way to fork with 51% plotted space (i doubt it) , we might be able to improve and take measures to make the coin even safer.

One of your problems is that your plots are easily identifiable as they are plotted to your address. If the majority (in numbers) of users figure you are trying to cheat, they will start using a wallet that igores blocks generated by your plot address.  Then you'll have to re-plot your 17%.. that's expensive in time and electricity.

You have other problems, but the above is a serious one.

callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:41:41 PM

So how exactly would you do a 51% attack on burstcoin, given that it is coded from the ground up totally independent of the bitcoin code. There are some things that are different enough that the 51% attack needs to be quite a bit different. Do a walkthrough with 10 nodes for instance..

Let us know that you have the technical knowhow, and is not just trolling, trying to scare people into selling their burst before you pump and dump it.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. It's actually easier to do it with burst, since you get the benefit of knowing the deadline.
But why would I have explain myself to you? I have 17% of the mining power. Need I say more?

So because you allegedly have 17% of the mining power, you know the technology well enough to force a fork?  That was a silly argument.

Prove you know how to fork the coin.

If there is a way to fork with 51% plotted space (i doubt it) , we might be able to improve and take measures to make the coin even safer.

One of your problems is that your plots are easily identifiable as they are plotted to your address. If the majority (in numbers) of users figure you are trying to cheat, they will start using a wallet that igores blocks generated by your plot address.  Then you'll have to re-plot your 17%.. that's expensive in time and electricity.

You have other problems, but the above is a serious one.

the idea to forbid to relay certain generators would be the base to create a fork of the coin since not everyone would run such a hacked version of the wallet.
if you would totally forbid coins generated by blacklisted addresses you would directly freeze your wallet at the block this happens.
set the fact your announcement of blockdata does not get relayed to most of the miners the chain with more blocks finally wins. the interesting part would be to see what happens on exchanges if you deposit and sell coins if they are on the fork.
the way this attack could work would be to bring as many people on fork while keep mining on the mainchain at really low diff.

-"convince" many wallets to not relay block announcements for blacklisted addresses
-start to mine for these wallets with not blacklisted addresses until more wallets switch over
-continue to mine with the blacklisted miners on the regular chain ensuring a constant block generation rate without making it currently longer than the fork
-after you mined long enough at 80-90% network capacity with low diff make this chain the longer one again by removing your submission limits
-hope everything worked like expected

i think in theory this may work but i am not sure wether this would be a wise economic decision since you would need more capacity compared to simply keep mining.

Turn0ff

Activity: 306

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 07:43:26 PM

First thing I read on that forum. I can see why mmmaybe is missed...

I'll of course contribute to various internal CFs but I still believe external funding is needed long-term (traditional CF or VC). By internal CFs we'll 'just' move money around, and with a marketcap of $150K, it simply are small amounts moving. However, nothing excludes the other and I'll contribute to the internal ones.

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
Karl Perkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:05:55 PM

Hello,

this is Karl Perkin. I have just started the undervaluation campaigns on Burst on my Twitter, and just broke 100 followers, and quite fast. it feels encouraging. More to come on the topic later today. Please retweet Smiley

Warm regards,
Karl
koko2530

Activity: 397

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:25:34 AM

CryptominingFarm Pool NEW THREAD: https://forum.cryptomining.farm/index.php?topic=4.0

SolarfarmFarm Asset NEW THREAD: https://forum.cryptomining.farm/index.php?topic=2.0

Kartojal

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:24:21 AM

Hello,

this is Karl Perkin. I have just started the undervaluation campaigns on Burst on my Twitter, and just broke 100 followers, and quite fast. it feels encouraging. More to come on the topic later today. Please retweet Smiley

Warm regards,
Karl

What's your Twitter? Post it !  Wink

xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:50:19 AM

BURST launches http://burstcoin.cn in order to familiarize our chinese friends with the currency.

To celebrate the launch, boost interest and as a token of good will our dear members are holding a BURST giveaway at:
http://8btc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19826&page=1&extra=#pid156504

I'd like to extend personal thanks to people who worked to do this launch!

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 06:21:01 PM

BURST launches http://burstcoin.cn in order to familiarize our chinese friends with the currency.

To celebrate the launch, boost interest and as a token of good will our dear members are holding a BURST giveaway at:
http://8btc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19826&page=1&extra=#pid156504

I'd like to extend personal thanks to people who worked to do this launch!

Great work!  Smiley Smiley Is it the Great Firewall of China that makes me unable to connect to the website?

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
itsAj

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:22:34 PM

What is new and happening with Burst in the future anyone care to give me an update?
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 08:03:29 PM

What is new and happening with Burst in the future anyone care to give me an update?

---
The next update or 2 will be some long overdue extra account security features. There will be the ability to authorize another account to spend from an account with spending limits(amount / time)(allow access to your funds while keeping the account its in cold stored or other ), and accounts will be able to be set up for multisig. The authorized spending backend stuff is all done and has been tested successfully on a testnet, but has no user interface yet. Multisig is still in progress. I haven't decided whether those will be released separate or grouped together.
Afterwards AT interfaces will become a priority, and I also plan to do a bit of block header restructuring some time soon(header only validation cannot currently be done, but could be with some restructuring)
---

Irontiga

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:17:59 PM

I think a name change is in order still. It had some support a few pages back. What do you all think?

I like these names:
Drive
Space

Leaning toward space... "How much space do you have?"
"I have 12 space coins"
Much more to the moon, and the name actually reflects the product because it requires hard drive space.

I love the name burst, the only issue with it that i have is the fact that it starts with a B...like bitcoin.

TBH i don't like either of those names.....not for an actual unit of currency. Also, at the end of the day, a name change is just an excuse for a pump...
mczarnek

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:25:04 PM

---
The next update or 2 will be some long overdue extra account security features. There will be the ability to authorize another account to spend from an account with spending limits(amount / time)(allow access to your funds while keeping the account its in cold stored or other ), and accounts will be able to be set up for multisig. The authorized spending backend stuff is all done and has been tested successfully on a testnet, but has no user interface yet. Multisig is still in progress. I haven't decided whether those will be released separate or grouped together.
Afterwards AT interfaces will become a priority, and I also plan to do a bit of block header restructuring some time soon(header only validation cannot currently be done, but could be with some restructuring)
---

Btw, for those complaining about POC2 not going through.. Keep in mind that one of the major motivating factors was faster blockchain download and verification as well as increased efficiency and speed spent mining a block BUT the blockchain header downloading will provide the same advantage.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mczarnek

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:22:03 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 04:13:24 AM by mczarnek

So bitladen got me thinking about block rewards.

It might not be a good idea to touch them at all but what if we simply stretched out the block rewards, so basically we half them but they are printed in a way to get to a similar final supply.  We are currently printing about 2,1000,000 Burst per day ~ $300, which coincidentally is a large part of the daily volume of Burst.  So if we were to cut it back, then miners would stop dumping as much, the price of Burst in general would go up.. and they would still be making more than half as much but have a longer period of time during which it is profitable to mine and inflation goes down so investors should be more willing to jump on board.

Agreed?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:40:54 AM

So bitladen got me thinking about block rewards.

It might not be a good idea to touch them at all but what if we simply stretched out the block rewards, so basically we half them but they are printed in a way to get to a similar final supply.  We are currently printing about 2,1000,000 Burst per day ~ $300, which coincidentally is a large part of the daily volume of Burst.  So if we were to cut it back, then miners would stop mining, the price of Burst in general would go up.. and they would still be making more than half as much but have a longer period of time during which it is profitable to mine and inflation goes down so investors should be more willing to jump on board.

Agreed?

Miners stop mining - coin dies.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Pages: « 1 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: