Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:43:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
Turn0ff

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 07:03:43 AM

---
Why u getting so up tight turnoff?

Uptight...? Hmm. Perhaps. I just review the last week's events regarding CIYAM, and to me (as a former investor in Burst) it's highly worrisome.

Why...? CIYAM gave Burst credibility, he was perhaps one of the three most trusted members of the whole forum and he/vbcs chose BURST to implement AT on. That's a big deal.

Now he does this. I can understand he getting frustrated but dealing with it the way he did, he deserves the criticism. One can only speculate in why he did it, but it is obvious he has personal problems and should not (for now, at least) be trusted. He seems very labile, whatever causing that.

For the time being, I'd not do business with CIYAM Developers. Likewise, I'm afraid devs around the forums will do the same evaluation and not implement AT whether how great it is.

As a the brilliant person he is, I wish, hope, and thing he can recuperate from this, but it will take time - and that the CIYAM Developers survive meanwhile.  

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 07:17:44 AM

---

Uptight...? Hmm. Perhaps. I just review the last week's events regarding CIYAM, and to me (as a former investor in Burst) it's highly worrisome.

Why...? CIYAM gave Burst credibility, he was perhaps one of the three most trusted members of the whole forum and he/vbcs chose BURST to implement AT on. That's a big deal.

Now he does this. I can understand he getting frustrated but dealing with it the way he did, he deserves the criticism. One can only speculate in why he did it, but it is obvious he has personal problems and should not (for now, at least) be trusted. He seems very labile, whatever causing that.

For the time being, I'd not do business with CIYAM Developers. Likewise, I'm afraid devs around the forums will do the same evaluation and not implement AT whether how great it is.

As a the brilliant person he is, I wish, hope, and thing he can recuperate from this, but it will take time - and that the CIYAM Developers survive meanwhile.  

Burst just has his code, it's all open source. Full stop, there is no more worry about him. The ui and stuff is a vbcs thig as well, i really don't think that u should run away from open source software.
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 08:06:48 AM

---

Burst just has his code, it's all open source. Full stop, there is no more worry about him. The ui and stuff is a vbcs thig as well, i really don't think that u should run away from open source software.

Who is going to implement AT (and ACCT) by "CIYAM Developers", given that the forum's admin calls his action "very unprofessional"...? Who would chose AT when the main developer has trust comments as "Trying to extort 50 BTC from the forum by demanding that posts be deleted that offended him and claiming he is unable to access the funds until they are deleted."?

The risk is AT will be implemented in just two coins, and if that would be the case it's utterly unuseful for the so important ACCT feature and the fantastic possibility of a decentralized exchange.

For a short moment it did crossed my mind that CIYAM ought to economically compensate the two coins with ACCT if this would happened, but I came to the conclusion that he can't be liable for anything given his, at least, semi-pathological lability.

Therefore I've sold, waiting for what will happen.

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:30:47 AM

Who is going to implement AT (and ACCT) by "CIYAM Developers", given that the forum's admin calls his action "very unprofessional"...? Who would chose AT when the main developer has trust comments as "Trying to extort 50 BTC from the forum by demanding that posts be deleted that offended him and claiming he is unable to access the funds until they are deleted."?

The risk is AT will be implemented in just two coins, and if that would be the case it's utterly unuseful for the so important ACCT feature and the fantastic possibility of a decentralized exchange.

For a short moment it did crossed my mind that CIYAM ought to economically compensate the two coins with ACCT if this would happened, but I came to the conclusion that he can't be liable for anything given his, at least, semi-pathological lability.

That's fine. You probably sold for a loss, and hopefully u have fun trying to buy back in when the price is massive
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:51:06 AM

Well no pump yet .....
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:07:26 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2015, 11:35:53 AM by xizmax

Well no pump yet .....

Considering your past posts this made me laugh Smiley

---

Technically he already had 50 BTC so he did not have to extort them - I'd characterize that as more of a blackmail EDIT: I really should stop dwelling on semantics, his actions were still very wrong as he has admitted himself.

I do feel morally obliged to point out that if you were in Ian's shoes you'd react to posts about your wife the same. Well, perhaps not the same but I bet you'd react pretty harsh.

EDIT: So for some more offtopic, our twitter is approaching 1k followers. So, if you still haven't go and click that follow button Smiley

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:09:47 PM

ayyy 20 peta network capacity .... mining and buying not selling capacity is growing... not shrinking growing!

people must have added hard drives over the weekend like crazy
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 02:57:01 PM

Yes I made a stupid mistake (was drunk and got pissed off by an idiot troll).

It was very unfortunate that the mods seriously thought I was ever going to try and do anything wrong with the forum's money and it is a pity that the 200 BTC (yes I was holding that much for the forum) I had held previously has been "removed from the record" (no now it looks as though I only was looking after 50 BTC - but I can prove that is not correct with a GPG signed message from @theymos if required).

Why my "stupid stunt" affects the AT software I don't quite get (and in fact I only wrote the C++ version anyway).

If you guys think that the name CIYAM is such an issue now then feel free to fork and rename as it is open source.

Personally I have been rather disappointed that 4 years of good work that I have done is just "thrown out the window" because of one "stupid mistake" I made whilst drunk but I guess that is the problem of "social media" (it only cares about "drama").

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 03:08:52 PM

It was very unfortunate that the mods seriously thought I was ever going to try and do anything wrong with the forum's money and it is a pity that the 200 BTC (yes I was holding that much for the forum) I had held previously has been "removed from the record" (no now it looks as though I only was looking after 50 BTC - but I can prove that is not correct with a GPG signed message from @theymos if required).

Why my "stupid stunt" affects the AT software I don't quite get (and in fact I only wrote the C++ version anyway).

If you guys think that the name CIYAM is such an issue now then feel free to fork and rename as it is open source.

Personally I have been rather disappointed that 4 years of good work that I have done is just "thrown out the window" because of one "stupid mistake" I made whilst drunk but I guess that is the problem of "social media" (it only cares about "drama").

Everybody makes mistakes and can fix it. I think that CIYAM is the most respected person on this forum. I admire his work and hope he and his team will continue.

I do expect that his reputation will be up again soon.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
FakeAccount

Activity: 248

I'm not real

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:15:22 PM

you realize that in the big picture, the opinion/concern of a few unknown posters bashing you on this forum means absolutely nothing in the long run?  there's a big world out there, so do what you do and ignore people who trip over themselves to crucify someone for anything to get some kind of satisfaction because they can't get anything achieved in the real world and must get their psychological satisfaction on an online forum.
FakeAccount

I'm not real

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:18:13 PM

SSD FROM SAMSUNG HAVE ZERO ERROR FILES

Several models of SSDs from Samsung contends, technological startup Algol misinterpreted TRIM commands to release the disk blocks and other blocks clears the error.

Read more
http://burstcoin.sk/ssd-from-samsung-have-zero-error-files/
is it translated from another language?  it reads horrible.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:19:43 PM

Please continue dear @CIYAM + team  Cool I made 1 million mistakes got up and continued, such is life  Cool

what a wave just have occurred from 20 peta down to 10 , it happens often
FakeAccount

I'm not real

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:21:55 PM

ayyy 20 peta network capacity .... mining and buying not selling capacity is growing... not shrinking growing!

people must have added hard drives over the weekend like crazy
and back to 10 Pb atm.

is there a graph to show block generation of a specific address over hours of the day?  id like to research if anyone is mining burst in specific time frames for example.   maybe someone runs it only during their shift at work/school/lab etc.. etc...  not saying it's good/bad, problem or not, just simply curious about seeing time based distributions
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:01:18 PM

What happens with pool cryptominig.farm?

EDIT: I was too fast, pool frontend was stucked some time, but now looks normal.

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:19:19 PM

Everyone makes mistakes, I've made some serious ones in my past, I don't think a mistake warrants banishing someone forever, but it may take some time to get the credibility back.

That being said, this IS open source, and there's no reason for anyone to trip about open source software.

Let it be, CIYAM is a great dev, and he'll get through this snafu. My 2 burst.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:37:33 PM

Your honesty is impressive, and I agree that everyone makes mistakes, although the consequences of those mistakes can vary greatly. So let me be the devil's advocate:

1. Are you or your associates currently working on implementing AT and ACCT on other coins?
2. Do you or your associates constructely communication about implementing AT/ACCT on other coins?
3. Do you think the forum will forget that you, apparently, risk four years of development for just being drunk?

I'll wish you, your wife and business the very best! Smiley

Regards

Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:39:51 PM

SSD FROM SAMSUNG HAVE ZERO ERROR FILES

Several models of SSDs from Samsung contends, technological startup Algol misinterpreted TRIM commands to release the disk blocks and other blocks clears the error.

Read more
http://burstcoin.sk/ssd-from-samsung-have-zero-error-files/
is it translated from another language?  it reads horrible.

How about you offer an edited translation then...? ggg25 does his very best, but translations perhaps he need help with.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:41:32 PM

@vbcs is now in charge of AT (and it is therefore up to him about whether to sever ties with the name CIYAM).

I will continue to help where I can and am asked to do so but I will most likely be leaving the forum (so that the project is not harmed any more due to me).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:46:04 PM

@vbcs is now in charge of AT (and it is therefore up to him about whether to sever ties with the name CIYAM).

I will continue to help where I can and am asked to do so but I will most likely be leaving the forum (so that the project is not harmed any more due to me).

1. Are you or your associates/vbcs currently working on implementing AT and ACCT on other coins?
2. Do you or your associates/vbcs constructively communication about implementing AT/ACCT on other coins?
3. Do you think the forum will forget that you, apparently, risk four years of development for just being drunk and do you think it will effect your associates/vbcs' work?

Regards

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:50:56 PM

You can keep on asking me questions all you like but as I have stated @vbcs is now in charge of AT (not me).

Seriously the technology is not about "me" it is about a decentralised Turing complete system that has been proven to work and has been working for many months.

If my reputation is of concern then the community can easily remove it (I am not going to challenge that). I care about "changing the world" more than I care about "what people think about me".

Pages: « 1 ... 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: