Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
pinballdude

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:36:17 AM

We all agree that the network size should increase. Many people said they will add more TB. However, when I look at the statistics, I see still less network size:

Well, with this marketcap the current network size is okay, it is not profitable to do a 51% attack and sustain it.

However, some people might want to do an attack for other reasons than profit, perhaps blackmailing burst holders and people interested in burst working without interruptions.

BURST network size will reflect the price, as price go up, we will get a larger network size, and it will be even more expensive to establish a 51% attack.

if bitladen is at 21% with 1.7PB, then he needs double of that, and some more, to get to attack size. That'll be about 3PB, or 3 * 36000 just for the drives. plus plotting 3PB takes some time, plus you need quite some hardware too. Even for bit, it would be much more expensive to do the attack, than what the burst marketcap is - for someone else it will be even more expensive.

regarding network size, it takes a little time to up you TB, at least it does for me, i have to order drives, install, plot before my new TB go online. I will let the forum know where i am in the process. Drives will probably be delivered today. BaseTarget is right now 1938234 - looks like we're exiting weekend mode and coming into workday mode where the net size is usually higher.
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:41:09 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 06:51:48 AM by pinballdude

Yes it fluctuates but seems like the network size is decreasing again:

there is a bug in that graph, the very last down indication is not really there.

nw size is right now at BaseTarget 2892701  just below 3m that is 3 times more burst to remaining miners compared to when we were at 1m  i'm happy with that. Not sure at what basetarget bitladen would be able to attack but i would guess more like 15m or perhaps 10m.

Thanks for the info! Is it a bug in https://bchain.info/BURST/graph too...?

no, that graph seems to be fine, no final big leg down.  BaseTarget right now is 1900431   1/3 larger network size this instant than the last time i posted yesterday. But as i said, it fluctuates a lot, so a graph or an average over 7 days is probably the best measure you can get.

if you plot network size / price i think we're quite good
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 11:38:16 AM

Quick question for all the active Burstcoin holders

Would you be interested in a Burst asset based on a fund of Proof of Stake coins?

The asset would hold around 5 different chunks of POS coins such as Mintcoin, Clams, Peercoin e.t.c

Funds would be raised in Burst and the POS coins would be purchased and held in wallets, the income
from the staked coins would be returned to asset holders as Burstcoin.

I think this could be a good asset that would help bolster and stability to Burstcoin.

What do you think?

bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:34:54 PM

just asking me, why so much hedge fund managers coming up here....
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 01:25:40 PM

just asking me, why so much hedge fund managers coming up here....

Creating useful assets is one of few things I can do positively for the future of Burst. I can't code!

I mine and invest, mine and invest. Your assets are included in my holdings Wink

zippolo

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:01:05 PM

Would you be interested in a Burst asset based on a fund of Proof of Stake coins?

The asset would hold around 5 different chunks of POS coins such as Mintcoin, Clams, Peercoin e.t.c

Funds would be raised in Burst and the POS coins would be purchased and held in wallets, the income

I think this could be a good asset that would help bolster and stability to Burstcoin.

What do you think?

I for one would welcome any new good asset  Wink
bitladen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:07:54 PM

What do you think?

I think it's brilliant. Takes care of all BURST's problems by avoiding them completely.

But my suggestion is that you make such an asset for each coin, any coin, BTC, LTC, ETH, XRP etc. It would be easier to manage this way, than all of them mixed up.

Then you can still make assets that buy into multiple of the above assets, to get the coin portfolio effect.

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:18:30 PM

What do you think?

I think it's brilliant. Takes care of all BURST's problems by avoiding them completely.

But my suggestion is that you make such an asset for each coin, any coin, BTC, LTC, ETH, XRP etc. It would be easier to manage this way, than all of them mixed up.

Then you can still make assets that buy into multiple of the above assets, to get the coin portfolio effect.

Agreed, a brilliant plan, and I highly encourage you to start it ASAP.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:27:56 PM

Crowetic - You are going in the wrong direction. I have nothing against you and i like your involvement in burst project until day 1. But i don't trust you anymore becouse of your personal relations with bitladen. He is cheater and 0 morality man. I don't know why you did it, but it's not important for me. I left your pool and moved my plots to dev v2 pool (IMO the safest place ATM)

To community - Thank you for support coin fundamentals. Many smart people write here their opinions. We are strong community and can't let burst destroyed.

Another thing - Don't trust bitladen. He is deciever. Don't install any stuff wrote by him. (closed source code - REALLY? If you want to be part of his botnet - go ahead Smiley) He is anonymous guy on Internet with bad reputation in this thread. if you install soft wrote by him you will be really naive.

I will not support any clone writed by him, even if i can merge mining with burst. But IMO he wants to drop burst hashrate if people move thier plot files to his SCAM Coin.
I will add another 20TB to total burst hashrate in next two weeks. I will buy some HDD to my home rig and share some TB from my IT Department EMC Array.

I advise to all of you, don't trust bitladen. Increase yours plot files and buy some cheap burst.

Ahh and bitladen - Don't forget about your pills  Grin

Hello there. Which direction am I going? Kindly inform me. Because according to reality, the direction I'm going is toward the active development and positive future of BURST. Please tell me how I'm doing anything but that, sir.

You're more than welcome to leave my pool if you actually think that I will all of a sudden both start lying to the community, and decide to attack the network, simply because I have different feelings than you on a certain individual. But you've gotta see how insane that sounds. If you find me a person of that weak of character, that I would allow a friend to easily sway me to his opinion, go ahead and act accordingly, however I assure you this has never been the case, nor will it ever be.

Who the hell said anything about closed source? Go ahead and point that out. All we've ever said is open source, and not only that, but reviewed by literally as many coders as anyone would like. So please again, tell me where you saw anything opposite.

If you don't support the clone, that's also fine, you're free to be anti-whatever. But don't come in here and start falsely accusing things of being the opposite of what they are without any sort of backing of truth or proof whatsoever. K? Thanks.

If you don't want to make extra money by mining on the same space two coins, that's up to you.

One more thing... People aren't going to buy BURST just because you say so. As you should be able to see here, I'm for the development of the coin. Aren't you? Open source development, community development, reviewed by other devs, checked by many, and posted to the coin. However, how many people aside from bit are actually planning on developing something? Do you really think that without any sort of development that BURST will continue on forever the way it is? Do you really think that without any sort of development that BURST will be able to successfully get investors? I would say that's pretty delusional thinking.

Feel how you would like about bit, as I have said multiple times. But the fact that you're going to go against me because I happen to talk to him and consider him a friend, truly shows me that you definitely don't know me very well at all, and actually, I've never spoken to you privately, so that should show exactly how well you know me.

I would appreciate it if you don't come in and start rambling nonsense without any sort of proof or truth behind it. Thanks.

P.S. - Is it just me, or is burstdev also anonymous? So yea, let us not trust any anonymous internet people.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:44:57 PM

Most excellent to hear!
I truly hope we get back on a progressive,  and constructive, path.

Good things are coming!!

Indeed, it was just the temporary conflict that pushed the price down, the uncertainty.

Now that things start to calm down, investors will regain their confidence in BURST, and they will push the price up hopefully soon.

That's all, lets do things, make things, start things, get this going in the direction that we should all agree on.

What do you think about my proposal about expanding INCOME?

After all you are shareholder too, and every shareholder can tell his opinion:

[ANN] Income Asset - Decentralized Referral Empire based Income

I will look at your proposal soon, but I took it upon myself to shoot a tweet out in support of your project from the BURST twitter Smiley

https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/status/643450099184472064

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:13:42 PM

I will look at your proposal soon, but I took it upon myself to shoot a tweet out in support of your project from the BURST twitter Smiley

https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/status/643450099184472064

Thats nice, thanks.

I think BURST needs more social media marketing too. If people would create Twitter and Facebook accounts and advertise BURST int the cryptocurrency circles, it could get more attention.

There are many altcoin groups in Google+ or just simple Twitter advertisement in the #altcoin #cryptocurrency hashtags.

People should get creative and spread the word as they can.
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 07:29:16 PM

Hello there. Which direction am I going? Kindly inform me. Because...

Reminds me of an old song from MOD -- Don't Feed the Trolls... errr, Bears.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
bitladen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:41:13 PM

Hello there. Which direction am I going? Kindly inform me. Because...

Reminds me of an old song from MOD -- Don't Feed the Trolls... errr, Bears.

If he's gonna troll, at least he should have the decency to do it proper English, as per forum rules Smiley

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:53:03 PM

Well for short term, I think we need more assets, with good business plans/income.

Or people could create derivatives of existing assets: like from ByteEnt somebody created ByteEMini ,etc...

There are at least 4-5 assets on BURST that are worth something, so if somebody has time or ideas to create derivatives for them it would help them grow better.

I still see that the majority of BURSTs are in addresses, non-invested, exposed directly to inflation, which is not good, because that way people can panic-sell anytime. If their capital is protected in an asset it would give greater confidence to BURST, and more usage to it.

(tip: people really need to move their BURST from time to time, otherwise miners don't get fees)
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 12:40:34 AM

Well for short term, I think we need more assets, with good business plans/income.

Or people could create derivatives of existing assets: like from ByteEnt somebody created ByteEMini ,etc...

There are at least 4-5 assets on BURST that are worth something, so if somebody has time or ideas to create derivatives for them it would help them grow better.

I still see that the majority of BURSTs are in addresses, non-invested, exposed directly to inflation, which is not good, because that way people can panic-sell anytime. If their capital is protected in an asset it would give greater confidence to BURST, and more usage to it.

(tip: people really need to move their BURST from time to time, otherwise miners don't get fees)

Exactly why a 'better' market site is needed. 
Once goods and services can be easily located... Burst will flow!

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:38:04 AM

Exactly why a 'better' market site is needed. 
Once goods and services can be easily located... Burst will flow!

Not much one can do about this....not unless we change the way the wallet handles marketplace listings....perhaps I will work on that in the future, but for now it's not worth my time :/
sickfancy

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:35:57 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in creating and running an asset, without interest in actually making BURST money out of it by paying myself for the service.  However I will be buying a portion of the asset I'm proposing so it would be cool if I and other asset owners will gain something.  I'll probably play too.

Do we have enough NFL fans within BURST community interested in playing weekly NFL games with BURST?  I'm thinking of running NFL sportsbook so player with BURST can place a bet on any team they choose with known Vegas spread.  House earns 10%.  If player wins, house pay 90% of placed bet.  If player lose, 100% will be paid.  All house earnings will be collected until end of season then will be distributed to asset owners accordingly.  Fund will come from asset owners.  At the end of the season, asset owners win if fund is greater than initial.  If not, asset owners lose which means players came out ahead.  Yes there is a risk, just like every BURST asset currently available.

If there's enough interest generated, I will go ahead and start the asset and BURST sports book before next sunday.  Otherwise, no worries, moving on.  Looking forward to hearing from fellow BURST supporters.
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:44:38 AM

Come on duncan_idaho, crow has said he won't attack with burst.ninja, and so he won't. I would have to say that Bitladen is not clean, but crowetic, while he may personally support him, won't make anyone else do it. He also will never attack burst, and is defo against anyone, even bitladen doing it.
Crowetic has helped me a lot and has been  a great asset for this community. Though their maybe a little anger with some, I think they too have helped.

Bitladen (don't know him) could remove all his hash to his new fork coin which will give some burst hash back to the little guys.

.........Go for it Bitladen
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:25:05 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 05:58:52 AM by duncan_idaho

crowetic - One thing - You are naive. That's all. I am not against you but you are naive. I am in community for long time. I read every single post in this thread. And you know what? I remember your conversations with Elmit. I remember the case with mmaybe. So you are not so perfect as you think. And now you are a big fan of bitladen. How much or what he promise to you for that?

And are you trying to compare bitladen and our real burstcoin dev only becouse of anonimity? REALLY ? I don't have a time for that but if you want i can paste here some quotes of bitladen from this thread but i think you know it very well.

You can read some of his creativeness (nice fun)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=485195;sa=showPosts;start=220

I don't want to argue with you. I am glad that many other users in this community see the problem with bitladen.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:19:01 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in creating and running an asset, without interest in actually making BURST money out of it by paying myself for the service.  However I will be buying a portion of the asset I'm proposing so it would be cool if I and other asset owners will gain something.  I'll probably play too.

Do we have enough NFL fans within BURST community interested in playing weekly NFL games with BURST?  I'm thinking of running NFL sportsbook so player with BURST can place a bet on any team they choose with known Vegas spread.  House earns 10%.  If player wins, house pay 90% of placed bet.  If player lose, 100% will be paid.  All house earnings will be collected until end of season then will be distributed to asset owners accordingly.  Fund will come from asset owners.  At the end of the season, asset owners win if fund is greater than initial.  If not, asset owners lose which means players came out ahead.  Yes there is a risk, just like every BURST asset currently available.

If there's enough interest generated, I will go ahead and start the asset and BURST sports book before next sunday.  Otherwise, no worries, moving on.  Looking forward to hearing from fellow BURST supporters.

Sounds good....I won't play, but then I barely know what the NFL even is Grin

Also, @community, all I can say is that this guy has been around burst since ages ago....I think he was one of those who lost out thx to bytegear/ltcgear scamming over :-/

Also, do we want to be doing it straight bet 10k burst win get 19k burst, or do we rather want to pool all the bets, and winning bets split losing bets minus a fee? Probably you wouldn't need investors for this though...
Pages: « 1 ... 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: