Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:07:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
StakeBox

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:23:15 PM

Hello, I just want to let everyone in here know about our product. It is a dedicated staking device. It uses less than 4 watts of electricity and gets your wallet off of your main computer reducing the risk of viruses or malware resulting in the loss of your coins. It can handle staking up to 5 different coins simultaneously, there are more than 20 coins available for it now, with more in the works. There is no additional hardware or software required, you simply access it via a webpage available from any device on your home network. You could also hook it up to your computer monitor or TV via a standard HDMI cable, add a keyboard and mouse, and interface with it directly. More information is available on our website stakebox.com. We are introducing it here at the SDC thread first, and for the first 2 weeks all units will be shipped with an SDC wallet as our way of showing support for this project. So, go ahead, show your long term support for your favorite coin by buying a device meant to stake your coins for the long haul.

Not a terrible idea, but there's a blatant security issue with getting the device with wallets preinstalled. We've already had a major theft here due to a bugged wallet.

Is this a RPi based device? I think people would be a lot more comfortable with your product if they could load and update their wallets directly and not have to rely on your web interface.

It is based on the Raspberry Pi 2. I understand the concern, If someone chose to download the wallet source files and do the necessary setup to the Pi then they could compile the wallets for themselves and and have more or less the same results, minus the web interface, for a lower cost. This is really intended for those without the knowledge or time to do those things. The web interface is intended to be a simple, quick, way to access and control your wallet. I realize there will be some initial trepidation related to this product, but hope to alleviate those fears over time by putting out a reliable, bug free product. Over the next few weeks we will be sending a few out to some of the more reputable folks in the community to review and share their feedback.

Hello, I like the solution, but I don't like how you manage it :

you use an open source solution and you offer to manage our wallet throught your website : it's a terrible idea. Like Automatic Monkey said we already had some hacking problem with wallet in the community, so it's not against you, but in crypto, NEVER trust a third part. The whole point in crypto it's to control what you own, and the solution you offer have a grey area wich is unacceptable.

BTW, to the whole community, we need to build our secure solution for stacking wallet, and I think Pi2 is a part of the solution. I can't do because I don't have the hardware but I was thinking to a script who auto-update the wallet on automatically when PGP sig will be added (dasource can you confirm?). It's not requiring high skill and can be full open source. Let me know on slack if you're interested

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, and that has led to a misunderstanding. It is not my website used to control and access your wallet. The wallet is completely on the StakeBox, and the webpage interface is served from an apache server on the device, only accessible on your local network. Once you have it, you have complete control over all aspects of it, I am not hosting the website used to interface with it, and, as I said, the website is just to make life easier for the end user, the wallet can also be used in the traditional fashion with the inclusion of a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I appreciate your feedback, if you have any other questions or concerns, please, let me know.

Low power dedicated staking hardware, learn more at StakeBox.com
Raspberry Pi wallets at github.com/StakeBox
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:11:18 PM

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, and that has led to a misunderstanding. It is not my website used to control and access your wallet. The wallet is completely on the StakeBox, and the webpage interface is served from an apache server on the device, only accessible on your local network. Once you have it, you have complete control over all aspects of it, I am not hosting the website used to interface with it, and, as I said, the website is just to make life easier for the end user, the wallet can also be used in the traditional fashion with the inclusion of a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I appreciate your feedback, if you have any other questions or concerns, please, let me know.

It would be AWESOME if you could do a "Raspberry Install Guide" on the Wiki for those of us wanting to stake on a Pi without purchasing a completed one already! http://shadowcash.info/ 
maxvolts

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:19:37 PM

Hello, I just want to let everyone in here know about our product. It is a dedicated staking device. It uses less than 4 watts of electricity and gets your wallet off of your main computer reducing the risk of viruses or malware resulting in the loss of your coins. It can handle staking up to 5 different coins simultaneously, there are more than 20 coins available for it now, with more in the works. There is no additional hardware or software required, you simply access it via a webpage available from any device on your home network. You could also hook it up to your computer monitor or TV via a standard HDMI cable, add a keyboard and mouse, and interface with it directly. More information is available on our website stakebox.com. We are introducing it here at the SDC thread first, and for the first 2 weeks all units will be shipped with an SDC wallet as our way of showing support for this project. So, go ahead, show your long term support for your favorite coin by buying a device meant to stake your coins for the long haul.

Not a terrible idea, but there's a blatant security issue with getting the device with wallets preinstalled. We've already had a major theft here due to a bugged wallet.

Is this a RPi based device? I think people would be a lot more comfortable with your product if they could load and update their wallets directly and not have to rely on your web interface.

It is based on the Raspberry Pi 2. I understand the concern, If someone chose to download the wallet source files and do the necessary setup to the Pi then they could compile the wallets for themselves and and have more or less the same results, minus the web interface, for a lower cost. This is really intended for those without the knowledge or time to do those things. The web interface is intended to be a simple, quick, way to access and control your wallet. I realize there will be some initial trepidation related to this product, but hope to alleviate those fears over time by putting out a reliable, bug free product. Over the next few weeks we will be sending a few out to some of the more reputable folks in the community to review and share their feedback.

Hello, I like the solution, but I don't like how you manage it :

you use an open source solution and you offer to manage our wallet throught your website : it's a terrible idea. Like Automatic Monkey said we already had some hacking problem with wallet in the community, so it's not against you, but in crypto, NEVER trust a third part. The whole point in crypto it's to control what you own, and the solution you offer have a grey area wich is unacceptable.

BTW, to the whole community, we need to build our secure solution for stacking wallet, and I think Pi2 is a part of the solution. I can't do because I don't have the hardware but I was thinking to a script who auto-update the wallet on automatically when PGP sig will be added (dasource can you confirm?). It's not requiring high skill and can be full open source. Let me know on slack if you're interested

I totally get it, and don't understand the confusion. It's just like when i mined BTC. using pi's and block erupters many moons ago...You just log into the p's interface over your local area network. It's as secure as your network is, and no less secure than staking on a pc, but with a huge saving in energy, and hardware wear and tear. Good on you mate, and good luck. I love those raspberry pi's and anyone that develops further uses for them.

skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:18:49 PM

Has the Shadow Marked already been released? if not, when is it planned to release it? Can not find any information into the opening post. Thanks!

better dev team updates the community about the progress of market release, there is less than a month to deadline

if there will be delay, better they say it in advance and revise the date before end of june (deadline)

my idea, even if it is ready, for sure they will not relase it, and they will delay it on purpose for cheap sdc
Tulsene

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

..|..

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:19:33 PM

It would be AWESOME if you could do a "Raspberry Install Guide" on the Wiki for those of us wanting to stake on a Pi without purchasing a completed one already! http://shadowcash.info/ 

It'll be done but I can't before one month so if anyone else can do it, I eventually can help
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:47:26 PM

It'll be done but I can't before one month so if anyone else can do it, I eventually can help

I'm surprised a RPi has enough RAM to handle multiple wallets. I'm configuring an old machine with 2G as a coin vault. It's going to be running a full Bitcoin node as well as staking wallets for Shadow and a couple of other coins. It doesn't have the RAM to load the BTC blockchain if anything else is running, I'm going to have to install more.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
StakeBox

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 09:34:59 PM

I'm surprised a RPi has enough RAM to handle multiple wallets. I'm configuring an old machine with 2G as a coin vault. It's going to be running a full Bitcoin node as well as staking wallets for Shadow and a couple of other coins. It doesn't have the RAM to load the BTC blockchain if anything else is running, I'm going to have to install more.

The available RAM is really the limiting factor as far as how many wallets can run at a time. Some wallets require more than others, here is a quick screenshot I took of one of the StakeBoxes I had right next to me. All 5 of the wallets are syncing right now, that is the most resource intensive period. You can see the processor is about maxed out. Usually, once all the wallets are finished syncing the CPU usage will float between 15%-25%, and the available memory will come up slightly.

StakeBox

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 04:45:18 AM

Ask and you shall receive, I am putting this here, feel free to copy it to somewhere else if you see fit.
Instructions for installing the SDC wallet on a Raspberry Pi:
1. Install the Raspbian image to a micro SD card, this write-up is based on the newest version currently available 2015-05-05-raspbian-wheezy.img
2. Upon first boot expand the file system and allow booting to desktop using raspiconfig, it comes up automatically on the first boot, while your at it you may also want to set your time zone.
3. After you are happy with your changes finish and reboot your Pi.
4. Open a terminal and sudo apt-get update && upgrade.
5. Download the latest SDC wallet ZIP from https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin.
6. It will be in /home/pi/Downloads, extract it there and move it to your /home/pi directory.
7. In shadowcoin-master/doc/readme-qt.rst we can see the dependencies, so let's install them.
8. I think this is where most folks run into problems, if you just try to apt-get the list of dependencies you will be met with a lot of "unable to locate package" errors. This can be remedied by utilizing the Raspbian jessie repo, so, sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list change wheezy to jessie, ctrl+x to exit, y to save, enter to accept.
9. sudo apt-get update
10. sudo apt-get install qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqrencode-dev  **This step will install a lot of other dependencies and remove some applications that ship with Raspbian. If you plan to explicitly disable upnp libminiupnpc-dev is unnecessary, also, libqrencode-dev is only required if you intend to explicitly enable QR code support. libqt5webkit5-dev isn't in the list of dependencies, but is required.
11. Raspbian ships with openssl 1.0.1e, which is susceptible to heartbleed, so, sudo apt-get openssl will upgrade from 1.0.1e to 1.0.1k. This step isn't necessary, but c'mon.
12. sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list change jessie back to wheezy, ctrl+x to exit, y to save, enter to accept.
13. Finally, we can compile the wallet. cd shadowcoin-master
14. qmake This is where you can include flags regarding upnp and qrencode if you desire(see shadowcoin-master/doc/readme-qt.rst).
15. make -j3 The -j3 flag will compile using 3 of the Raspberry Pi's 4 cores speeding the process considerably, drop the -j3 flag if your not doing this on a RPi 2. This will take a long time, go get some sun, do something outside, you've been sitting in front of the computer for a while now.
16. We've come this far, go ahead and launch the wallet. If you are not going ahead and taking steps that aren't listed here you should still be in the shadowcoin-master directory so just ./shadow. You could alternatively close out the terminal and, using the file manager, navigate to the shadowcoin-master directory. There you should see the executable, double click it and select execute.
17. The option to launch the wallet on startup seems to be inconsistent, at best. If you want it to automatically start at boot copy the executable to /bin and sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart, add @shadow to the bottom of the list, ctrl+x to exit, y to save, enter to accept.

You will now have an SDC wallet on your Pi. I recently noticed one serious issue, I can't seem to pin down the cause, in the upper right hand corner where it should say "me" and list your address there will be nothing. Also it seems to constantly display a balance of zero. If you close the wallet, rename your wallet.dat file to something else, and restart the wallet it will create a new wallet.dat automatically. If you once again close the wallet, remove that wallet.dat, or rename it, and rename your original wallet file back to wallet.dat when you restart the wallet again, your addresses and balances will display correctly. While the wallet is in this screwy state everything seems to work fine, you can send and receive coins even though it reflects a balance of zero, and notifications of incoming and outgoing transactions are shown. Staking also seems to be unaffected. The reason I only recently noticed the strange behavior is when the wallet is on a completely setup StakeBox the webpage displays all of the information the qt wallet is missing. So there are still some bugs with the wallet on a Pi. If anyone has a fix for that, I'm all ears.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:20:13 AM

looks like sdc going under 30s soon... Shocked

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
maxvolts

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:27:41 AM

Some good news, i e-mailed gift off the other day (they used to be pock.io) basically you can use various coins  to buy gift cards off of them. I have used them many times for over a year now, and i have found their service to be first rate.

I just received an e-mail to they will add SDC. They are rolling out some new features soon, and SDC. will be added during that roll out.

rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:46:42 AM

looks like sdc going under 30s soon... Shocked

Your not doing it right, maybe you should change your name to Mrdumperitis.  Tongue

Do people actually believe what anybody says on these forums anymore.  There is a lot of shady business and characters around here and I for one dont believe much of what anyone says.  I invest in Shadow because I think an anon coin will be the killer app.  People thought they could use bitcoin anonymously which I believe is what made bitcoin such a huge success and they could go onto silkroad and buy their drugs without having to go down dark alleys to find drug dealers.  The online darkmarkets are hurting and so is bitcoin and I don't see a coincidence there, if silkroad was still thriving how do you think bitcoin would be going now?  So to me the next big coin will be an anon coin and not some gimmick coin that can play tricks. 

And so that leads me to decide which is the best anon coin going around at the moment.  Dark/Dash are not even serious about being anon anymore and Monero are still trying to reinvent the wheel.  Shadow has the framework in place to crush all opposition and it will happen, its just a matter of time because it has the best solution by being a bitcoin fork with a opaque blockchain, simple and elegant. 

Of course you should disregard everything I've said because you shouldn't believe what anyone says on these forums and feel free to invest in coins with skulls on their logo.
BlockchainBoss

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:53:30 PM

Market has to be near completion. I don't foresee the time, energy, & money being spent on that marketing push unless there is a tangible goal pending near-term. SDC volume at the exchanges certainly hasn't justified it as of late. End of June marks end of Q2. T - 25 days.

There's nearly 60k subscribers at /r/DNM who more or less bitch constantly about the state of the markets. This tech is so badly needed in that community it's not even funny.

In terms of the investment, getting in this early could pay off (my optimism is showing).

Have a good weekend.

Gibbs187x

Activity: 126

Moon

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:39:34 AM

Market has to be near completion. I don't foresee the time, energy, & money being spent on that marketing push unless there is a tangible goal pending near-term. SDC volume at the exchanges certainly hasn't justified it as of late. End of June marks end of Q2. T - 25 days.

There's nearly 60k subscribers at /r/DNM who more or less bitch constantly about the state of the markets. This tech is so badly needed in that community it's not even funny.

In terms of the investment, getting in this early could pay off (my optimism is showing).

Have a good weekend.

yes it is needed in the community but the thing is that nobody i think really cares about it on DNM because they dont really talk about it. this tech is awesome! we need to get this on DNM need people to open their eyes and just hear us a little you know? its time for #Privacy its time for change !

P3RS3US

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:26:07 AM

Zeuner. Isidoneyet?

If no are there any other cryptographers that'll take a look? This tech is off the hook but WE NEED a peer review ffs
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:16:36 AM

Zeuner. Isidoneyet?

If no are there any other cryptographers that'll take a look? This tech is off the hook but WE NEED a peer review ffs
I bet they are waiting for market release for that to boost it even further. Only 80k available on bittrex right now and it is spread out all the way up to 1btc.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:28:00 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 02:13:01 PM by luckygenough56

mun

man one could bump the price to 80k with 20 btc  Smiley
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126

Moon

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:58:26 PM

mun

man one could bump the price to 80k with 20 btc  Smiley
yea im surprised that nobody else dont be like ohhh nice coin bam drops 20 btc lol

luckygenough56
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:24:36 AM

if vtc average tech can reach 130k with 15M supply surely sdc will go 200K pretty short term.

What happens next will depend on how awesome and used the in wallet market will be. I think of it like a holy grail which could makes all dark markets obselete, future will tell.

Anyway feel free to dump, pressure is on. 20 days left.

litedoge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

wow much coin such love

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:34:53 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 11:25:34 AM by litedoge

Well done - great looking roadmap.

What are the coin specs - total coin supply? POS rewards?

Good luck with the coin - just bought some Wink.
luckygenough56
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:07:24 PM

welcome to the best anon coin around  Smiley

supply is 6 millions ish coins with a slow pos inflation (2%)

Available supply on exchanges may be reduced a lot when people will start convert more and more shadow tokens for full anonymity, might be boost a lot by the in-wallet decentralized market release Smiley

Have a good day.
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: