Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:52:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 [914] 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312380 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:31:25 AM

Back in top 10 Polo volume...

About time.

Wink

Why should we celebrate a place with only one metric ( volume ) ? and even that metric is nothing compared to past days?

Hmm... being no 11 on Polo was a little depressing, plus when volume picks up, at a (recent) low, it did indicate a rise in price on the way.

I think the price rise since has vindicated the observation I was making.  That said it was relief, rather then celebration.

我想要火箭和火车

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:49:13 PM

It doesn't look good for Ver..... Sorry, but he's run out of chances.

Not quite.  Let's see if he follows through.  If Jamie Lannister can find redemption, so can Ver. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4n5tlo/le36_roger_ver_and_erik_voorhees_scaling_debate/d435o3d

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:39:42 PM

There seems to be some vast shorting demand, see:

http://monerodice.pd.to/polo_snapshot_compare.php?id=185608&id2=188862

185608 = yesterday morning (~ 11:30 UTC)

188862 = today (~14:30 UTC)

Rates also up from ~0.0015% to ~0.0400%

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
chickenuggets

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:38:32 PM

Yea. The lending rates on polo are extremely high compared to normal levels. Personally I think its dangerous to short at this point too many people are already shorting and they will have to eventually close on their positions. On top of that the manipulator that pumped yesterday may come back to squeeze out these shorts (That's what i would do if was trying to pump this anyway). And as a side note i really don't understand all the bashing on the trollbox on polo. As soon as this went up the mood was that everyone should short Monero because its a manipulative pump, however Eth has been blatantly been pumped by whales now for weeks and everyone was all hyped up for that pump, i don't get it.  Huh
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 03:47:02 PM

Not quite.  Let's see if he follows through.  If Jamie Lannister can find redemption, so can Ver. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4n5tlo/le36_roger_ver_and_erik_voorhees_scaling_debate/d435o3d

I don't get why people put so much emphasis on what Ver has to say on the technical analysis of certain cryptos. Isn't he viewed more as a investor/entrepreneur? Because that's how I view him and don't really understand why he has such a big influence on the Bitcoin community and is at dev meetings.

Idk I could have an entirely wrong view point about the whole thing..
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:27:56 PM

Also, don't forget the bitcoin.com puff piece on Zcash that straight-up lied about not being affiliated with the project (Ver owns bitcoin.com!). Sorry, but he's run out of chances.

I vaguely remember this...do you have a link?

Seems shady that he would put up a statement in a piece about cash on his own website.

Then again this is the same guy who told people the mtgox was A-OK in 2013 just before it went bust.

https://news.bitcoin.com/meet-top-3-coins-cryptocurrency-anonymity-race/

It lists Zcash's investors but conveniently leaves Ver's name out. Then at the bottom of the article is a disclaimer that reads:

"Disclaimer: Bitcoin.com is not affiliated with any of the above-mentioned businesses."

It's even a little bit worse than that. The original Wired article they quoted included Ver's name but they took it out of the quote.

bitcoin.com:

The publication Wired details that investors such as Naval Ravikant and the Digital Currency Group’s Barry Silbert have invested over $700,000 USD into the startup.

Wired:

Those investors include Naval Ravikant, an investor in Twitter and Uber, Barry Silbert, the founder of startup equity-trading platform SecondMarket, and Roger Ver, a staunch libertarian who’s invested in bitcoin startups Blockchain.info and Bitpay, and who also bankrolled much of the legal defense of now-convicted Silk Road creator Ross Ulbricht

Thanks Johnny/Smooth I think I fucking hate this Libertarian Capitalist scumbag.

BTW, has anyone called him out on twaater about this?

That's great! Shorters catching it in the butt finally!

Yea. The lending rates on polo are extremely high compared to normal levels. Personally I think its dangerous to short at this point too many people are already shorting and they will have to eventually close on their positions. On top of that the manipulator that pumped yesterday may come back to squeeze out these shorts (That's what i would do if was trying to pump this anyway). And as a side note i really don't understand all the bashing on the trollbox on polo. As soon as this went up the mood was that everyone should short Monero because its a manipulative pump, however Eth has been blatantly been pumped by whales now for weeks and everyone was all hyped up for that pump, i don't get it.  Huh

My guess is those yelling short are in the pump group squeezing. It's more than likely ETH profit doing it IMO. Such a shame, I admit I'm jelly I didn't grab some scam eth just to have m0ar xmr now. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 07:20:21 PM

Also, don't forget the bitcoin.com puff piece on Zcash that straight-up lied about not being affiliated with the project (Ver owns bitcoin.com!). Sorry, but he's run out of chances.

Seems shady that he would put up a statement in a piece about cash on his own website.

Then again this is the same guy who told people the mtgox was A-OK in 2013 just before it went bust.

It lists Zcash's investors but conveniently leaves Ver's name out. Then at the bottom of the article is a disclaimer that reads:

"Disclaimer: Bitcoin.com is not affiliated with any of the above-mentioned businesses."

It's even a little bit worse than that. The original Wired article they quoted included Ver's name but they took it out of the quote.

bitcoin.com:

The publication Wired details that investors such as Naval Ravikant and the Digital Currency Group’s Barry Silbert have invested over $700,000 USD into the startup.

Wired:

Those investors include Naval Ravikant, an investor in Twitter and Uber, Barry Silbert, the founder of startup equity-trading platform SecondMarket, and Roger Ver, a staunch libertarian who’s invested in bitcoin startups Blockchain.info and Bitpay, and who also bankrolled much of the legal defense of now-convicted Silk Road creator Ross Ulbricht

Wow so they consciously had removed his name before reposting that on his site.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 07:24:11 PM

I don't get why people put so much emphasis on what Ver has to say on the technical analysis of certain cryptos. Isn't he viewed more as a investor/entrepreneur? Because that's how I view him and don't really understand why he has such a big influence on the Bitcoin community and is at dev meetings.

Idk I could have an entirely wrong view point about the whole thing..

Yes I agree with this. Some give him too much credit for his knowledge about bitcoin's technical inner workings.

The market will decide if monero is true digital cash or not. From a technical standpoint that is what I see it as. Roger may have some personal interest in pushing zcash as opposed to allowing something that he doesn't have a good amount of control over to start rearing its UNICORNY-head.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 07:55:31 PM

Only 46k XMR available now and rates are up to 0.1%.   Shocked

Keep squeezing the shorts; make them eat losses as they run for cover.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:19:35 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2016, 08:37:08 PM by Globb0

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:56:47 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 11:27:12 AM by rangedriver

And as a side note i really don't understand all the bashing on the trollbox on polo. As soon as this went up the mood was that everyone should short Monero because its a manipulative pump, however Eth has been blatantly been pumped by whales now for weeks and everyone was all hyped up for that pump, i don't get it.  Huh

Trolls.

It's a common tactic by Dash propagandists to classify any Monero price rise as a mere pump - thus alluding to the idea that an organic price simply isn't possible for Monero because, of course, it is a smoke and mirrors operation.

Monero antagonism isn't new, but these particular tactics seemed to increase following Cryptsy's collapse - an event that led to a sudden influx of bagholding Dash immigrants into the Polo trollbox who had no experience of Monero's volume being dominant.

Having said all that, I don't think we're quite there yet. Once we're about one week clear post the BTC halving (~July 17th) we'll start to see proper harmonic market intent and a reconstitution of the base.
chickenuggets

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:27:26 AM

And as a side note i really don't understand all the bashing on the trollbox on polo. As soon as this went up the mood was that everyone should short Monero because its a manipulative pump, however Eth has been blatantly been pumped by whales now for weeks and everyone was all hyped up for that pump, i don't get it.  Huh

Trolls.

It's a common tactic by Dash propagandists to classify any Monero price rise as a mere pump - thus alluding to the idea that an organic price simply isn't possible for Monero because, of course, it is a smoke and mirrors operation.

Monero antagonism isn't new, but these particular tactics seemed to increase following Cryptsy's collapse - an event that led to a sudden influx of bagholding Dash immigrants into the Polo trollbox who had no experience of Monero's volume being dominant.

Having said all that, I don't think we've seen the XMR floor just yet (at least in terms of XMR/BTC). Once we're about one week clear post the BTC halving (~July 17th) we'll start to see proper harmonic market intent and a reconstitution of the base.

I actually held and still hold some XMR from before the price drop a few months ago. I also never said that an organic price isn't possible for monero, I just stated that the recent rise looked like the works of manipulation.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:59:49 AM

And as a side note i really don't understand all the bashing on the trollbox on polo. As soon as this went up the mood was that everyone should short Monero because its a manipulative pump, however Eth has been blatantly been pumped by whales now for weeks and everyone was all hyped up for that pump, i don't get it.  Huh

Trolls.

Having said all that, I don't think we've seen the XMR floor just yet (at least in terms of XMR/BTC). Once we're about one week clear post the BTC halving (~July 17th) we'll start to see proper harmonic market intent and a reconstitution of the base.

i want to hear the proof that they were Dash propagandist as you were implying. otherwise you owe teh real dash propagandist some apology.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 06:19:19 AM

bitcoin.com:

Wired:

Wow so they consciously had removed his name before reposting that on his site.

Exactly. I'm on bad internet so I didn't post links but if you click through the bitcoin.com link above they link to the wired article. You can see the above in context. I don't think there is any reasonable conclusion other than that the writer explicitly decided to remove Ver's name or was told to.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:38:20 PM

Jaxx Wallet states they have plans to support Monero too in the future!

https://twitter.com/jaxx_io/status/741823030435840001

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4nppet/jaxx_wallet_states_they_have_plans_to_support/

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:28:22 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2016, 10:30:30 PM by Hueristic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

i ALMOST WANT TO SELL JUST SO i CAN CASH OUT btc. lOL

Whoever this was, thx for pointed it out. Tongue

Code:
2016-06-12 18:51:53	Sell	0.00187197	105.88461382	0.19821282
2016-06-12 18:48:15 Sell 0.00187173 1.51371110 0.00283325
2016-06-12 18:43:53 Sell 0.00187187 173.87268346 0.32546705
2016-06-12 18:40:19 Sell 0.00187164 173.89405013 0.32546705
2016-06-12 18:40:19 Sell 0.00187165 46.34865259 0.08674845

Cheesy

https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/monero/usd/7_days

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:34:34 PM

MAAM #20 Monero Ask Anything Monday

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4nswn0/maam_20_monero_ask_anything_monday/

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:22:02 AM

Apparently Resistance is futile!

pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:04:34 PM

I had not heard about Jaxx-wallet yet. I just installed it. Very easy to use and looks great! I am waiting so much Monero to be added there too. Which one will be first? Monero core teams GUI or Monero in Jaxx?

There is in Jaxx wallet BTC, ETH and DAO already. Jaxx shows private keys only for BTC and ETH but not for DAO. That is because DAO is some kind of ETH system created coin and ETH key are keys for DAO too? I guess?

Jaxx is a light-wallet I guess because it does not need any synchronization?

Has anyone any experience of Jaxx? How safe is it? Had any problems?

Below the Jaxx Download link there is a string letters and numbers. It there for to check the file is the one, secure and real what it should be. How the check is made on Linux?
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 10:12:41 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/27-days-to-halving-bitcoin-price-reaches-2-year-high-drags-ethereum-along

"A close monitoring of the Poloniex exchange platform shows that both digital currencies - as well as Monero, Litecoin and Ripple - are the main beneficiaries of the growing interest in the cryptocurrency market. Dash has a slight drop."

Pages: « 1 ... 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 [914] 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: