Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312484 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:39:33 AM

DRK just broke 0.01 on the downside

I wonder if Dark community is joining into Monero community.

If they don't like "DASH" what makes you think they'd be crazy over "Monero"?

Monero offers real anonymity without the risk of centralized masternodes. And don't forget http://xmr.to , VERY useful for making bitcoin anonymous through the use of Monero.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:44:05 AM

Monero offers real anonymity without the risk of centralized masternodes. And don't forget http://xmr.to , VERY useful for making bitcoin anonymous through the use of Monero.

+1

New missive is out and there is an interview with xmr.to devs: https://getmonero.org/2015/03/09/monero-missive-for-the-week-of-2015-03-09.html

Sweet. I enjoy these missives quite a bit.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:44:59 AM

DRK just broke 0.01 on the downside

I wonder if Dark community is joining into Monero community.

they clearly got into dark because they were looking for a particular product. if dark doesnt deliver on that promise they will probably come knocking on our door. monero will end up consuming darks capitalization. if dark commits seppuku we all in this thread likely stand to benefit very very greatly from that.

........., also would it mean the majority of coins would end up in the hands of masternodes and a few whales.

I argue that this is already the scenario. But of course, do your own research.
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:08:07 AM

One thing to keep an eye on is bitcoin's bull market.

Altcoins tend to suffer in the beginning of bitcoin's bull runs. You can see Litecoin (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/ltcbtc) , Peercoin (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/ppcbtc), and (Namecoin (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/nmcbtc) all crashing hard in October 2013. Litecoin also suffered in May 2014 as bitcoin began its bull run to 680. XMR/DRK did well at that time, but only because anonymous coins were new and hot. Other alts suffered.

So if bitcoin breaks 300 with strength today or in the next few days, then we should prepare for some pain.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:39:38 AM

Altcoins tend to suffer in the beginning of bitcoin's bull runs. You can see Litecoin (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/ltcbtc) , Peercoin (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/ppcbtc), and (Namecoin (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/nmcbtc) all crashing hard in October 2013. Litecoin also suffered in May 2014 as bitcoin began its bull run to 680. XMR/DRK did well at that time, but only because anonymous coins were new and hot. Other alts suffered.

So if bitcoin breaks 300 with strength today or in the next few days, then we should prepare for some pain.

Yes. This is very true; however the whole DRK mess can change things. My take is that DRK/XBT will be have a bigger impact on XMR/XBT than XBT/USD.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
jehst

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:46:14 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 08:43:08 AM by jehst

Yes. This is very true; however the whole DRK mess can change things. My take is that DRK/XBT will be have a bigger impact on XMR/XBT than XBT/USD.

Is there really a DRK mess? DRK's retracement looks normal. It's had a big run. I don't think its decline will be notable unless it retraces 100% to .006x or below.

Of course, if DRK goes into terminal decline and XMR were to absorb DRK's 100k USD daily trade volume, then XMR would have the next highest liquidity after LTC. XMR's emission as a percentage of daily trade volume would become very small.

I doubt that the rise today was actually caused by darkcoiners abandoning ship for XMR, but if XMR becomes more visible during DRK's decline, then that can become the narrative. And once it's the narrative, it will become reality.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:08:37 AM

We have now started exponential bubble phase which is not sustainable and nobody knows how long or how far we go. All I can say, sell into strength, ussually this moves retrace hard and people panick and lose. Then buy back Smiley

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:38:52 AM

Is there really a DRK mess? DRK's retracement looks normal. It's had a big run. I don't think its decline will be notable unless it retraces 100% to .006x or below.

Of course, if DRK goes into terminal decline and XMR were to absorb DRK's 100k USD daily trade volume, then XMR would have the next highest liquidity after LTC. XMR's emission as a percentage of daily trade volume would become very small.

I doubt that the rise today was actually caused by darkcoiners abandoning ship for XMR, but if XMR becomes more visible during DRK's decline, then that can become the narrative. And once it's the narrative, it will become reality.

Just head over to the DRK thred and see for yourself. Price is being held up artficially by Otoh.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:39:21 AM

We have now started exponential bubble phase which is not sustainable and nobody knows how long or how far we go. All I can say, sell into strength, ussually this moves retrace hard and people panick and lose. Then buy back Smiley

This strategy might burn you really hard..

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:47:55 AM

wow 45% in 24 hours. Why didn't I buy more 20 cent coins?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:26:58 PM

It's happening.

This is a beautiful example of the XMR price probability distribution. In all likelihood, it goes slightly down. But if it goes up, as it is doing now, there is no telling really how high it could go. Other coins have shown up to 1000x increases in price in a few weeks. XMR's history shows surges in 2x-10x range.

This is only the 16th day after the Official Announcement for the Price Going Up, though. The rise has been gradual, but still so fast that it is possible that we will peak soon and crash back down. The good news is that there is a host of buyers both in the bid book and in the sidelines that will most likely consider the previous resistance in 180k-200k as a floor level now. (If not, good riddance!)

This realization gives the price the strength to go higher from those of the core community who were caught short of their comfort position, and an unknown number of new investors with their fat checkbooks is seemingly entering in as well. They don't respect our sacred petty price levels but think in terms of fiat and consider anything less than ATH ($5, now: $0.60) cheap. They represent a short term joker that might cause the altcoiner speculative buying frenzy. The speculators I don't believe will join in unless we cross 300-400k, but if they do, they can affect the price a lot, and do it fast.

A helpful fact is to think of the marketcap. It's still only $4 million, which is extremely small.

On the supply side, most of the supply is owned by the core community, and they are mostly not selling, until in 300-400k some might sell a little. Many in the core community were actually short of their position, and will need to consider buying in a "stop-loss" fashion.

It is likely that miners have built up some positions now as the price has been rising. They might be tempted to sell at around 200k and if dumps happen, my guess is that they are from the miners. Whether this miner selling is happily absorbed or not, or if it scares the bid walls away as soon as they came, determines if our next resting area is around 180-200k or above 300k. For historical reasons, in between is not so likely.

The new investors are in general not selling. An old money guy entering into XMR at this stage is not after a quick few bucks.

The speculators of course sell when they believe it's the time. But first they need to buy and my analysis is that XMR had extremely few speculative longs when the uptrend started, and still does not have them, since even the few that entered in the first days of the uptrend, have mostly sold their position for quick gains around 190k a few days ago.

For any longer term, Monero is a strong buy when done in moderation. Others are better in short-term forecasts.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:00:39 PM

It's happening.

This is a beautiful example of the XMR price probability distribution. In all likelihood, it goes slightly down. But if it goes up, as it is doing now, there is no telling really how high it could go. Other coins have shown up to 1000x increases in price in a few weeks. XMR's history shows surges in 2x-10x range.

This is only the 16th day after the Official Announcement for the Price Going Up, though. The rise has been gradual, but still so fast that it is possible that we will peak soon and crash back down. The good news is that there is a host of buyers both in the bid book and in the sidelines that will most likely consider the previous resistance in 180k-200k as a floor level now. (If not, good riddance!)

This realization gives the price the strength to go higher from those of the core community who were caught short of their comfort position, and an unknown number of new investors with their fat checkbooks is seemingly entering in as well. They don't respect our sacred petty price levels but think in terms of fiat and consider anything less than ATH ($5, now: $0.60) cheap. They represent a short term joker that might cause the altcoiner speculative buying frenzy. The speculators I don't believe will join in unless we cross 300-400k, but if they do, they can affect the price a lot, and do it fast.

A helpful fact is to think of the marketcap. It's still only $4 million, which is extremely small.

On the supply side, most of the supply is owned by the core community, and they are mostly not selling, until in 300-400k some might sell a little. Many in the core community were actually short of their position, and will need to consider buying in a "stop-loss" fashion.

It is likely that miners have built up some positions now as the price has been rising. They might be tempted to sell at around 200k and if dumps happen, my guess is that they are from the miners. Whether this miner selling is happily absorbed or not, or if it scares the bid walls away as soon as they came, determines if our next resting area is around 180-200k or above 300k. For historical reasons, in between is not so likely.

The new investors are in general not selling. An old money guy entering into XMR at this stage is not after a quick few bucks.

The speculators of course sell when they believe it's the time. But first they need to buy and my analysis is that XMR had extremely few speculative longs when the uptrend started, and still does not have them, since even the few that entered in the first days of the uptrend, have mostly sold their position for quick gains around 190k a few days ago.

For any longer term, Monero is a strong buy when done in moderation. Others are better in short-term forecasts.

I tend to concur with your analysis and I will be very surprised if we do not see a correction to 002 area. 

How much effect do you think the DASH fiasco yesterday had on our nice appreciation?

If anyone knows how to easily extract orders from poloinex let me know.  Even better if its dynamic, using their iinterface doesnt work very well for me all the time.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:04:53 PM

I tend to concur with your analysis and I will be very surprised if we do not see a correction to 002 area. 

How much effect do you think the DASH fiasco yesterday had on our nice appreciation?

If anyone knows how to easily extract orders from poloinex let me know.  Even better if its dynamic, using their iinterface doesnt work very well for me all the time.

they have an api which (mostly) works fine.
if you need help to get the information you need i can assist you (send me a pm)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:08:01 PM

Well I made a short term trading strategy that imo has a good EV and does not presume that you trust in XMR:

- Buy at 230k
- Put a stop loss at 165k, which is below the new, supposed, floor at 180-200k (max loss 28%)
- Sell only if the speculators join in and take it to 600k+, which obviously is too fast for now (gain minimum 200%)
- Otherwise, wait for the price to find a new level
- In 3 weeks, we are either at 200ish, or 300-400ish, in both cases sell

EV calculation:

1 Stop-loss (P=0.3) = -28%
2 Stop-profit (P=0.1) = +200%
3 Stable at 200 (P=0.3) = -13%
4 Stable at 350 (P=0.3) = +52%
=========================
EV = 23% gain in 3 weeks, with a maximum loss of -28%.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
dreamspark

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:26:59 PM

Well hopefully we have found a new floor above the December high that was so important to break. I think this image tells the story of the strength of XMR right now.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:28:43 PM

Open Question: What is the most exciting thing that might realistically happen to Monero this year?

Being picked by Ryan the Pumper.  Grin
This could give us 700+% profits in short time. Lol.

And there you have it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765426.msg10724629#msg10724629

Apparently he settled for 114% only.

Although I'm pretty sure he just buys 1 coin of every coin so he can later post a pic of the trade to impress noobs to get them join his group.
dreamspark

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:48:45 PM

Open Question: What is the most exciting thing that might realistically happen to Monero this year?

And there you have it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765426.msg10724629#msg10724629

Although I'm pretty sure he just buys 1 coin of every coin so he can later post a pic of the trade to impress noobs to get them join his group.

LOL, this guy is a nobody. Look at the volume for the time he made that trade and tell me he makes big moves... He made 1btc at the most.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:17:05 PM

LOL, this guy is a nobody. Look at the volume for the time he made that trade and tell me he makes big moves... He made 1btc at the most.

Nah he gets 0.5 btc per week per member from anyone that joins his private club.

He is also pulling some shenanigans behind the scenes. Put 0.1 btc in a whole package of alts and when one takes off he can take credit for it with his charts and shit. If he acts like he is the reason for this pump I call bullshit. If his little pimp pump group can control a $4 million + Market Cap I would be very surprised. Maybe someone with deep pockets could put in a wall to stomp him into the dirt.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:18:01 PM

Well hopefully we have found a new floor above the December high that was so important to break. I think this image tells the story of the strength of XMR right now.

LOL. Also the wall pic is quite impressive. Lack of sellers is starting to hurt the rise...  Cool

Anon136
Legendary

Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

They suffer crossed against bitcoin but they almost always do well in terms of fiat in these situations.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: