Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312491 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Stringer Bell

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:05:49 PM

I'm not sure what gave MoneroMarket folks the idea a brand new DNM would be swamped with business.
You know there are dozens of empty markets?

It would take months and months to build trust. Why the heck would somebody use this one and not one of the established markets which allows XMR? I never saw the site, but if they quit this quickly I am guessing it was also constructed at a similar speed.

Seems like they thought "because drugs" they would open a market and see money flooding in. It's likely for the best they closed down, the lack of understanding they are showing suggests that would not have ended well if the site actually did stick around and gain some users.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4927

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:06:27 PM

Marketing discussion should be in the main thread me thinks and I think we need to build the eco-system before marketing. If anyone wants to reply to this then quote it in the main thread.

Marketing discussion and market discussion mean different things. While marketing means advertising or promotion of certain aspects of the brand, market discussion covers exchange and trading related topics such as technical analysis and price predictions. Nobody permits u to create a separate thread whatever u want to post there.

Monero has a very limited utility and hence a loose network effect since there is only a few vendors that accept XMR or transact funds via its anonymous blockchain. In hindsight I personally am very doubtful that any crypto besides btc excels in these subjects in the near future so it would take a lot of time for any ecosystem to develop organically. Its supposed to work the other way around not just like someone decided to ramp it up coz one or two DNMs started to accept pay in monero.

Your point? You just reiterated my statement.

Be aware that this thread gets pruned of offtopic discussions so if you guys want to make plans then don't be surprised if all your hard work gets deleted because you put it in the wrong place. Some of us have been here long enough that you may want to head our advice.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

Marketing discussion should be in the main thread me thinks and I think we need to build the eco-system before marketing. If anyone wants to reply to this then quote it in the main thread.

Marketing discussion and market discussion mean different things. While marketing means advertising or promotion of certain aspects of the brand, market discussion covers exchange and trading related topics such as technical analysis and price predictions. Nobody permits u to create a separate thread whatever u want to post there.

Monero has a very limited utility and hence a loose network effect since there is only a few vendors that accept XMR or transact funds via its anonymous blockchain. In hindsight I personally am very doubtful that any crypto besides btc excels in these subjects in the near future so it would take a lot of time for any ecosystem to develop organically. Its supposed to work the other way around not just like someone decided to ramp it up coz one or two DNMs started to accept pay in monero.

Your point? You just reiterated my statement.

Be aware that this thread gets pruned of offtopic discussions so if you guys want to make plans then don't be surprised if all your hard work gets deleted because you put it in the wrong place. Some of us have been here long enough that you may want to head our advice.

Ive also been here long enough, seen mintpal & vircurex crash, seen many funniest things in crypto... U can keep that advice for ur children if u have any but not for me, pal.

U posted in the price speculation thread about marketing in the first place, so I told u that u might have misled the meaning of "marketing" vs "market discussion". If u dont understand what u type, theres nothing I can help u with.
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:32:34 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 04:56:13 PM by N-rG

Fan of Zcash?
So what is your Monero price prediction?

No, its just obvious that it has a lot of moneypower in backround to push the currency.

But moneyloser was right, i think i fell into a FUD trap for zcash about it's not open source. It is indeed open source. (Not always easy to find valid informations in these FUD wars)
Moreover it can and will be forked i guess. And if silent part of the XMR community also things that Marketing is nothing important, they actually just play for team zCash.

Btw. also the information spread here and in other communities that zcash has no GUI at the start is just wrong. (even when it's not getting a price for beauty)

And they have some third party wallets which looks very good but i would never use them because they are not open source and i dont want to lose hundred thousands of euros due to a wallet what appears to be a scam at the end.

Back to Monero. Some things developed really bad for XMR.

1. MoneroMarket closed their shop
2. Current selling stats of AlphaBay

These are the older numbers:

Checked DNM again:

From 04.10.2016

Setting:

Stimulants - Speed
Level 5 - 10

Monero: 39
Bitcoin: 405

= 9,62%

XTC - Pills
Level 6 - 10

Monero: 40
BTC: 450

= 8,88%

I checked again:

Stimulants - Speed (3976 total offers)
Level 5 - 10

XMR: 32
BTC: 411

= 7,78%

XTC - Pills (11860 total offers)
Level 6 - 10

BTC: 465
XMR: 47

= 10,10%

So we have -1,84% at speed and plus +1,22% at XTC Pills.

These are the new numbers with the same settings above:

Speed:

XMR: 29
BTC: 435

= 6,66%

XTC - Pills

= 7,11%

So went went down -3% in Pills -1% in Speed (even -3% after XMR release).

I really wonder that we have a decreasing number of acceptance. After nearly 2 month there should be better numbers. I mean at least any plus. So i expect maybe a little up trend when GUI is released, but i dont think it will get really high cause we are already at ~110 what is 22% above the last down. Moreover zcash will be released in few days. So i think that 0.007x or even 0.006x is very likely.
I got rid of the rest of my coins with a very good price in the last 24h hours luckily Smiley

One question, one guy said that tranfers are not visible, it is wrong as far as i know. There is a possiblity to see that, how is it called again and how can it be used?

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:47:00 PM

ATTENTION real newbies, this thread is under heavy manipulation by some nasty troll, don't believe anything you read unless its from a legendary even then take it with grain of salt, because the mods won't do anything about sockpuppets this is literally like a 4chan thread now.

N-rG = moneyLooser = adolf512 = Mast0rmind = Take A Horse To Water

Ahahahaha good luck to find All of my fake Accounts Herr Cheesy yes im nrg and Adolf and at least two more hahaha so much Fun...10xmr for the One who find the other fake ones hehe

Just for fun I looked at the post history of N-rG and plotted his predictions on the actual chart.

I'm not sure how he made money based on these predictions, but good job. That's a pretty amazing feat.  Smiley

N-rG, why don't you just get out of here... keep the honour to yourself, you've been busted, your credibility is nill, you're an imposter... you post fake screenshots...

noone should believe you...

lots of blabla

I think N-rG, moneylooser and maybe some other pretty newbie-accounts are all sockpuppets of one person...

funny that both alpha-accounts joined on the same day... coincidence?

dude... wtf... I'm just now seeing something weird in that posted picture... next to 'Vendor' it should be "oN" Oct, yours says or (part of the on disapperead)...

any explanation for this?

edit: WTF, and the admin account and yamaha sent at exactly the same time: "13:55"

don't really got words for this, but I think you just got busted dude...

edit:
posted the admin-message, so it's easier to compare:

edit: just did some further research... N-rg and his sockpuppets (moneylooser I'm sure off) are full of shit and post fake-'evidence'... don't trust anything that comes out of their mouths...

best regards

just quoting to put N-rG's posts into context...

best regards
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:48:37 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 05:00:19 PM by Febo

There was an post at /r/Monero where a new DNM using only Monero (MoneroMarket) is closing:

When this darkmarket opened there was speculation that behind of this dark market are those that run Oasis and run away with people's BTC.  I guess starting Dark market is even harder then an alt exchange.  Takes time to build trust. In one month you will nto do anything.

Actually there is  an Monero Economy Thread somewhere in Altcoins Discussions.  That should be perfect place to talk about how is best to explain Monero to those that might want to use it.

But moneyloser was right, i think i fell into a FUD trap for zcash about it's not open source. It is indeed open source. (Not always easy to find valid informations in these FUD wars)
Moreover it can and will be forked i guess. And if silent part of the XMR community also things that Marketing is nothing important, they actually just play for team zCash.

It is already forked and out already for a week or so and is called ZCoin
moneyLooser

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:54:14 PM

Fan of Zcash?
So what is your Monero price prediction?

No, its just obvious that it has a lot of moneypower in backround to push the currency.

Btw. also the information spread here and in other communities that zcash has no GUI at the start is just wrong. (even when it's not getting a price for beauty)

https://cdn-standard.discourse.org/uploads/zcash/original/1X/d612c8ef13a7165769c4acd58a4a813cc407cb8c.jpg

And they have some third party wallets which looks very good but i would never use them because they are not open source and i dont want to lose hundred thousands of euros due to a wallet what appears to be a scam at the end.

Back to Monero. Some things developed really bad for XMR.

1. MoneroMarket closed their shop
2. Current selling stats of AlphaBay

These are the older numbers:

Checked DNM again:

From 04.10.2016

Setting:

Stimulants - Speed
Level 5 - 10

Monero: 39
Bitcoin: 405

= 9,62%

XTC - Pills
Level 6 - 10

Monero: 40

= 8,88%

I checked again:

Stimulants - Speed (3976 total offers)
Level 5 - 10

BTC: 411

= 7,78%

XTC - Pills (11860 total offers)
Level 6 - 10

BTC: 465
XMR: 47

= 10,10%

So we have -1,84% at speed and plus +1,22% at XTC Pills.

Considering that the Pill part is 3 times as big as the speed part we have a positive development.

These are the new numbers with the same settings above:

Speed:

XMR: 29
BTC: 435

= 6,66%

XTC - Pills

= 7,11%

I really wonder that we have a decreasing number of acceptance. After nearly 2 month there should be better numbers. I mean at least any plus. So i expect maybe a little up trend when GUI is released, but i dont think it will get really high cause we are already at ~110 what is 22% above the last down. Moreover zcash will be released in few days. So i think that 0.007x or even 0.006x is very likely.
I got rid of the rest of my coins with a very good price in the last 24h hours luckily Smiley

One question, one guy said that tranfers are not visible, it is wrong as far as i know. There is a possiblity to see that, how is it called again and how can it be used?

https://s9.postimg.org/tpsmhv0an/image.jpg

Ouch. Thats something nobody here wants tp hear with their heavy heavy bags
moneyLooser

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:02:05 PM

@obit33

Everyone can check in the AB board that these statements are correct. And the numbers can everyone else also check. But you wouldnt check them because it would bring you in a situation where you have to accept that you have heavy bags.

That MoneroMarket is down also knows everyone and can check.

Newbies should be more careful by fanboys like you are -who FUD other users. Did you ever contributed anything valueable here? i dont think so. Be careful by user with heavy bags.
cryptoPrecise

Activity: 69
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrencies since 2013 @cryptoPrecise

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:06:00 PM

Monero is superior to Zcash as its technology is well peer reviewed, it needs no trusted setup and it has first mover advantage. Having the GUI out before Zcash launch will enable it to occupy a significantly larger market segment.
N-rG

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:13:04 PM

Monero is superior to Zcash as its technology is well peer reviewed

That's not true. RingCT will lift XMR to the same level as zCash in matter of anonymity.

Can you deliver sources that is better reviewed? Look to the issue page of zcash on github. It is also good reviewed.

has first mover advantage

Which is? That XMR has decreasing number of Vendors who accept it on AlphaBay? Two supporter markets which disappeared?

having the GUI out before Zcash launch will enable it to occupy a significantly larger market segment.

A Beta guy 5 days before zcash launch will for sure not occupy a significant larger market segment. That's fanboy trash. Otherwise deliever sources please.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:22:13 PM

From last 2 posts moneyLooser and N-rG clearly showed they have zero interest in Monero but to FUD it.
N-rG

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:28:11 PM

From last 2 posts moneyLooser and N-rG clearly showed they have zero interest in Monero but to FUD it.

Whats you interetest in monero expect the fact praying the rise in price? You never deliver any fundamental like most here.

Decreasing number of Vendors who accept Monero -> Fact
MoneroMarket offline -> Fact
OasisMarket offline -> Fact
zCash has a GUI -> Fact
zCash has more and better marketing -> Fact

Call it FUD. I call it investment protection analysis.
phoenix rises

Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:00:04 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 06:14:22 PM by phoenix rises

Re MoneroMarket closing, IMO in the long run it is a very good thing, and I welcome the news even in the short term. Hopefully if they relaunch they will take on board the reddit criticism and relaunch with a different name.

I do not support them using 'Monero' in their name -  if they turn out to be incompetent/unethical/scam the fallout would be worse than any possible benefits. And if by some chance they turned out to be the 'go to' DNM, the name would just give TPTB and the media free ammo to attack the whole Monero ecosystem. Dumb idea. Use it's features, but don't flaunt it.

Regardless, it was clearly a very opportunistic launch, and they gave it what, 3-4 weeks?? C'mon get serious ... things simply dont change that fast ...

/rant
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:26:28 PM

zCash has a GUI -> Fact

Zcash doesn't have an official GUI either. The GUI you showed a screenshot of and are referring to is a community (third-party) project. Monero has had various community (third-party) GUI in its history as well. For example, MoneroX (which is unfortunately not supported anymore), LightWallet (currently supported), and Monero Chrome Wallet (currently supported).

If anyone wants to read up on Zcash vs Monero, these are my go to links (advised to read the comments):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/41vg68/monero_vs_zcash_eli5_fundamental_differences/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4bu212/zcash_enables_the_highest_level_of_privacy/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/48nf4o/the_zcash_catch_monero_mentioned/

https://blog.okturtles.com/2016/03/the-zcash-catch/

http://weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

https://blog.okturtles.com/2016/09/how-to-compromise-zcash-and-take-over-the-world/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
aerbax

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 06:33:34 PM

Regardless, it was clearly a very opportunistic launch, and they gave it what, 3-4 weeks?? C'mon get serious ... things simply dont change that fast ...

/rant

20 days from the Reddit announcement.

I totally get that they got disappointed due to no transactions, but 20 days is *nothing*.  Three months seems like the minimum for me - six ideally.  

I can't imagine that the site requires ANY daily maintenance with no transactions, so why not just leave it on autopilot for a while?  If the site is too costly to run with no transactions for several months, then scale it down...and back up if/when the site gains some traction.

Rarely does a site take off immediately.  20 days to gauge interest is not enough.  

N-rG

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:33:54 PM

zCash has a GUI -> Fact

Zcash doesn't have an official GUI either. The GUI you showed a screenshot of and are referring to is a community (third-party) project. Monero has had various community (third-party) GUI in its history as well. For example, MoneroX (which is unfortunately not supported anymore), LightWallet (currently supported), and Monero Chrome Wallet (currently supported)

I dont understand, why you correct me? I say it has a GUI. Does it? Yes it has. I refered to the statement of someone here who said zcash has none.
Official or not, doesnt matter as long as it is open source and i can see the code. Moreover it is contributed to the project in the same way the coming XMR GUI is.
Btw. you yourself announced Jaxx here which is also not official.
phoenix rises

Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:38:20 PM

/rant

20 days from the Reddit announcement.

I totally get that they got disappointed due to no transactions, but 20 days is *nothing*.  Three months seems like the minimum for me - six ideally.  

I can't imagine that the site requires ANY daily maintenance with no transactions, so why not just leave it on autopilot for a while?  If the site is too costly to run with no transactions for several months, then scale it down...and back up if/when the site gains some traction.

Rarely does a site take off immediately.  20 days to gauge interest is not enough.  

Agree - it shows either lack of preparation, lack of committment or both. In all cases, it is probably best that they shut up shop for now.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:39:49 PM

zCash has a GUI -> Fact

Zcash doesn't have an official GUI either. The GUI you showed a screenshot of and are referring to is a community (third-party) project. Monero has had various community (third-party) GUI in its history as well. For example, MoneroX (which is unfortunately not supported anymore), LightWallet (currently supported), and Monero Chrome Wallet (currently supported)

I dont understand, why you correct me? I say it has a GUI. Does it? Yes it has. I refered to the statement of someone here who said zcash has none.
Official or not, doesnt matter as long as it is open source and i can see the code. Moreover it is contributed to the project in the same way the coming XMR GUI is.

Because you previously said XMR had no GUI?

XMR still has no CT ring signature. Is still not 100% anonym. Has still no GUI. Even BTC had a GUI while it was used on Silk Road 1.

If you only consider the official GUI as having a GUI the same could be said for Zcash too.

I just relay stuff from Reddit and Twitter here. Some people cannot follow all outlets, so they appreciate it when stuff gets cross-posted. That doesn't make me announce anything nor am I affiliated with them (Jaxx) in any way.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:41:00 PM

While reading the thread a question arises in my mind. Is it a good place to find out market situation ? Anyone get any help from this spec thread?!
N-rG

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:45:11 PM

zCash has a GUI -> Fact

Because you previously said XMR had no GUI?

XMR still has no CT ring signature. Is still not 100% anonym. Has still no GUI. Even BTC had a GUI while it was used on Silk Road 1.

If you only consider the official GUI as having a GUI the same could be said for Zcash too.

I just relay stuff from Reddit and Twitter here. Some people cannot follow all outlets, so they appreciate it when stuff gets cross-posted. That doesn't make me announce anything nor am I affiliated with them (Jaxx) in any way.

To conclude: I complained about a GUI that requires Java on the maschine (look older posts). The same problem has the zCash GUI btw. But it just wrong when someone says zCash has no GUI.
Pages: « 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: