Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 02:17:50 PM

Great work, but is the extreme data (and battery btw) usage of the Gems application already solved?

Please download the latest version and update if you are still experiencing a problem.
Also note that we added the "Automatic media download" section in Android setting so you can configure your data usage.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:29:00 AM

Is getgems the only multifunctional app in de crypto space? I don't think there is an app combining an instant messenger, reward model, sending money and shopping in a functional app, is getgems the only 'all in one' app?
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:44:24 PM

Is getgems the only multifunctional app in de crypto space? I don't think there is an app combining an instant messenger, reward model, sending money and shopping in a functional app, is getgems the only 'all in one' app?
I have spent alot of time looking at other apps and so far I haven't found one that has even half the features of Gems (If you look closely at the wallet pics there is a feature which hasn't been mentioned yet  Wink ). The potential for this is huge!
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Great work, but is the extreme data (and battery btw) usage of the Gems application already solved?

Please download the latest version and update if you are still experiencing a problem.
Also note that we added the "Automatic media download" section in Android setting so you can configure your data usage.

cool! didn't noticed that. just configured that setting to my preferred setting. that helped to clear one of my worries too.  Cool

by 'app', i guess yes. haven't come across any like it so far.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:09:27 PM

I have spent alot of time looking at other apps and so far I haven't found one that has even half the features of Gems (If you look closely at the wallet pics there is a feature which hasn't been mentioned yet  Wink ). The potential for this is huge!

the above pics? The follow on FB/Twitter? The Store?

TELLS US!!!!!! Cheesy
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:21:57 AM

XCP Weekly Update #5 with Robert Ross, GetGems is the asset of the week: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/xcp-weekly-update-5-with-robert-ross

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:38:34 AM

I made a second official Topic at the alternate currency section to reach out to those outside the getgems community and hear their point of view.

See you here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1103232.new#new

#1 Been following GetGems since the beginning.  See my post on page 4 on this thread.  Confirm it for yourself.  I have been in this 'Gems community' longer than you have.   Cheesy  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.60

GetGems is a scam.

Peled is a liar.  Pulled a bait and switch on his investors (a form of fraud and hence it was a fraudulent IPO).  Forking telegram (free program) and charging money for it is bullchit.

The adoption model is also more bullchit.  Everybody at the time was seeing what was going on with Stellar and we all knew about the blackhats gaming the hell out of it, dumping free coins and screwing over the honest investors and those who bought, and yet Peled was insistent on continuing on with his adoption model knowingly it would be gamed like Stellar.

Case closed.  Close the book.  The better move would had been to create independent code but Peled & friends wanted their coins as quick as possible.  I feel sad for all you people who have been duped by that charlatan.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
reRaise

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:51:49 AM

Bait or switch, switch or bait, doesn't matter, the concept is genius boy, if it wasn't u wouldn't be tripping all over the place lol
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:58:41 AM

I made a second official Topic at the alternate currency section to reach out to those outside the getgems community and hear their point of view.

#1 Been following GetGems since the beginning.  See my post on page 4 on this thread.  Confirm it for yourself.  I have been in this 'Gems community' longer than you have.   Cheesy  

You have been a troll for a long time, no one can take that from you  Smiley

GetGems is a scam.
Peled is a liar.  Pulled a bait and switch on his investors (a form of fraud and hence it was a fraudulent IPO).  Forking telegram (free program) and charging money for it is bullchit.

As said in the past, social network is not a competition of simply technology, but offering innovative features and models that grow and retain users. Just like Uber or Lyft was never about how hard-core their technology is, Gems never intends and claim to be solving any byzantine-general problems or revolutionizing messaging infrastructure problems -- on the opposite, we think building truly valuable cryptocurrency app that're approachable to the general consumer is what lacks in this space. We are not and should not be shy about any approaches including leveraging existing infrastructure that could help us get to the market quickly and reach the most user base.

The decision to use Telegram is anything but change to the plan we communicated. We're still commited to bringing the crypto to the masses and let users take back their social network. Releasing iOS and Android crypto messaging apps with a built-in wallet and delivering attention rewards economy model. These are innovations that no one in this space has done so far and takes significant development resource, I'd very much want our dev team to focus on these rather than to reinvent the wheels.

The adoption model is also more bullchit.  Everybody at the time was seeing what was going on with Stellar and we all knew about the blackhats gaming the hell out of it, dumping free coins and screwing over the honest investors and those who bought, and yet Peled was insistent on continuing on with his adoption model knowingly it would be gamed like Stellar.

Our reward model is built totally different than Stellar which simply required a facebook account (fake or real). Our highest development priority currently is creating and testing the Airdrop and Referral system. Much of our effort is being put towards making it difficult to "game the system" for these rewards, so that there is a fair playing field for all GetGems users. Once its released I invite you and others to try and game it.

Case closed. Close the book. The better move would had been to create independent code but Peled & friends wanted their coins as quick as possible. I feel sad for all you people who have been duped by that charlatan.

User acquisition is never an easy task, the success of the project will depend on marketing effort (media exposure) and even more on the Gems/Bitcoin community (word to mouth education/referrals). Gems is a gateway to cryptocurrency, encrypted social messaging and the ability to transmit value via txt message. We and others think Gems is in a very good spot to get a foothold in one of the most sought after spaces in the crypto market.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:10:23 AM

GetGems is a scam.

Case closed.  Close the book.  The better move would had been to create independent code but Peled & friends wanted their coins as quick as possible.  I feel sad for all you people who have been duped by that charlatan.

TaunSew, you are missing one important fact, IF this app is successful there is room for other cryptos to possibly be added. Do your community a favour and don't ruin any chance of your supported coin to be considered, cause at this point you're not doing NEM any favors. you posts help push our threads though, so I guess a thnak you is in order.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:14:47 AM

rather than to reinvent the wheels.

Too bad you don't apply yourself to your own rhetoric.   You already reinvented the wheel by choosing to use CounterParty to power Gems.  Cheesy

It's not reinventing the wheel that was your concern - lettuce beef cereal (let us be serious) - you had absolutely nothing for Android and wanted to cheat, by forking a free service and then charging money for it, so you could get Gems out of the door.   Too many of your friends nagging you about holding Gems they couldn't sell and you buckled?  

Congratulations - Gems has been out since 2014 and its' capitalization only stagnates downwards.   Shocked

Tumblr got 75,000 users within 12 days.  Gems got their "1000 - 5000" over a year?  Wow - I can feel dem millions of peeps already

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
reRaise

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:26:43 AM

lol poor nem, if taunshew put all these wasted calories into nem maybe it might get somewhere.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:31:08 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 11:47:04 AM by peled1986

Tumblr got 75,000 users within 12 days.  Gems got their "1000 - 5000" over a year?  Wow - I can feel dem millions of peeps already

Yes Tumblr is a great success story.  
Weebly had a different beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOeyYAfKXLI
And Secret had a different ending: http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/29/psst/#.ivslrt:06Hi
There are many startups, with many different stories.

p.s: Android version was out Dec 29, 2014 and iOS 29 Apr 2015. Were are using lean startup methodology, if you have been following the apps are constantly improving.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:38:07 PM

XCP Weekly Update #5 with Robert Ross, GetGems is the asset of the week: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/xcp-weekly-update-5-with-robert-ross

Didn't know about plans in adding payments in group chat, i ve been asking for this. Awesome !
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 03:31:50 PM

something interesting to read:
https://www.techinasia.com/awesome-startups-failed/

"Facebook - “move fast and break things.” It’s an approach tailored to its gameplan: social networks succeed due to network effects, which means the more users you acquire in the fastest time, the better your chances of becoming dominant. A solid infrastructure allows Facebook to develop features and acquire users instead of worrying about server load, and adding more zeroes to user count is what matters most."

not saying that GetGems is one of those awesome startups that has failed. it is still too early to say that.
Remember - GetGems still got the lead in this field.
As far as i know, there isn't any other mobile app out there that is as awesome as GetGems when it is completed.

Looking forward to the next update, looking forward to more info on the attention economy/airdrop.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:44:26 PM

GetGems to sponsor 5th Bitcoin startup pitch in Tokyo Japan and Shimo Hiroshi will speak on behalf of GetGems Japan.

http://peatix.com/event/99483/
Google translate https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://peatix.com/event/99483/&usg=ALkJrhgqk_AS0ODVby8qS8xS9pdfxNGGYQ
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:00:51 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 11:12:16 AM by Netnox

GetGems and Japan, any idea which messenger is the most popular in there?
bluemyst

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:27:57 AM

messenger app LINE is super popular there , almost everyone who has smart phone uses the app.

it became popular after huge TV advertisement marketing . And line related puzzle games are popular as well, kids spending money like crazy to buy sticker and also to buy credit to buy items within puzzle games,

Japanese and south East Asians love line character as well, I think the character is the key, it I would be very difficult  to become popular without having a cute characters in. Asia .
reRaise

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:14:09 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 12:33:41 PM by reRaise

messenger app LINE is super popular there , almost everyone who has smart phone uses the app.

it became popular after huge TV advertisement marketing . And line related puzzle games are popular as well, kids spending money like crazy to buy sticker and also to buy credit to buy items within puzzle games,

Japanese and south East Asians love line character as well, I think the character is the key, it I would be very difficult  to become popular without having a cute characters in. Asia .

Yes line is pretty popular but i dont use it, when GetGems is ready it should be marketed big time before a big player copies the exact model and does advertise it big and im sure they will try. gg is much more innovative then line though, what does line have , a puzzle and some stickers? compare it to gg, they are the next huge innovations in the messenger world, i think its the biggest one ever even and all with the same simplicity and comfort for a regular user and Citi bank got it and they awarded the app while it wasn't half complete.

Also it's important to focus on audience outside the crypto community, aswell as through channels who don't have much to do with crypto currency but do like new innovations since here its full of haters talking shit on other coins to protect their own asset so will never hear an honest opinion, on the other hand a neutral person will pretty much like the getgems app and rate it without being biased.

I explained and showed getgems to my mom and its potential features, she was amazed and fascinated about it, she said its one of a kind and everyone should use such app.

If you want the price to go up you must get more downloads, thats the easy thing about this app, the more users the higher the price, simple. with 100k users do u think the price will stay at these levels? No it will skyrocket.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 08:16:04 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 09:24:02 AM by nextgencoin

Japanese and south East Asians love line character as well, I think the character is the key, it I would be very difficult  to become popular without having a cute characters in. Asia .

Yes line is pretty popular but i dont use it, when GetGems is ready it should be marketed big time before a big player copies the exact model and does advertise it big and im sure they will try. gg is much more innovative then line though, what does line have , a puzzle and some stickers? compare it to gg, they are the next huge innovations in the messenger world, i think its the biggest one ever even and all with the same simplicity and comfort for a regular user and Citi bank got it and they awarded the app while it wasn't half complete.

Also it's important to focus on audience outside the crypto community, aswell as through channels who don't have much to do with crypto currency but do like new innovations since here its full of haters talking shit on other coins to protect their own asset so will never hear an honest opinion, on the other hand a neutral person will pretty much like the getgems app and rate it without being biased.

I explained and showed getgems to my mom and its potential features, she was amazed and fascinated about it, she said its one of a kind and everyone should use such app.

If you want the price to go up you must get more downloads, thats the easy thing about this app, the more users the higher the price, simple. with 100k users do u think the price will stay at these levels? No it will skyrocket.

One thing Gems might be useful to learn about LINE is it seems many messenger apps seem to be country or regionally based. Kaokao talk is Korean/Asia, Line is Japan/Asia, Whatsapp is North American, Wee chat, China etc. I know an app isn't only from one region but its popularity seems to have a regional bias. I think some early marketing might be good to focus on a region or a niche, maybe say techie types or even say Africa with the focus on unbanked maybe. I don't have the answers but messenger apps do seem to have niches, a gems might need to find its niche. Though to some extent I guess we are trying to convert Telegram users which is kind of a niche.

I never used it but I heard Line has a wall feature like FB, I wonder if Gems would benefit from having a wall or not later?
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: