Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:53:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350094 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Coltcaine

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:04:31 AM

I really wanna switch to KanoPool cause it seems its where all the cool kids are. The only two things that make it hard is the few blocks i understand the payout is bigger though so what is the payout per Th/s when a block is found on average at the moment.  Also the two week ramp up time does this mean if blocks are found in the next two weeks i wont get a full pay per th/s im contributing or am i misunderstanding? thanks in advance
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gaud

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:05:10 AM

It has been fun mining with you guys. I'll unfortunately probably be pointing my few TH back at Slush sometime in the next few days (until next winter or Kano finishes the accounting code).

Reason has nothing to do with being unhappy with the pool but is rather because I run obsolete bitcoin miners in the winter for heat and in the summer to soak up excess solar power off a solar array. With the weather warming up I'll soon be below dust level.

Good luck to all. Smiley
Good luck helping them mine empty blocks Cheesy

slush's last empty block was a week ago:
https://btc.com/0000000000000000000d637d922588b7d30c85fd35d87b42ef86a8ce9609764e

Give me a rational reason to stick around once my average hashrate drops below half a Terrahash and I’ll stay - like I said I’ll be back at some point. Wink I prefer to mine on whichever pool I feel contributes the most to the network - but do like to get paid occasionally. Even at my highest hashrate when all my miners were running, I have wondered at times if I was leaching more from this pool than I was contributing - given the transaction fee cost of sending a few dollars worth of bitcoin after every block.

cant say as i understand why u shutting em all down to begin with ? solar power is infinite once u have it installed and as i understand it deterioration of solar panels is a function of time more then use.if they generate to much heat make yer self cooler boxes to muffle sound and do a great job of controlling heat (one of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhNS2ElN5Mk)
gaud

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:11:01 AM

I really wanna switch to KanoPool cause it seems its where all the cool kids are. The only two things that make it hard is the few blocks i understand the payout is bigger though so what is the payout per Th/s when a block is found on average at the moment.  Also the two week ramp up time does this mean if blocks are found in the next two weeks i wont get a full pay per th/s im contributing or am i misunderstanding? thanks in advance

closer to 3 weeks now. and by ramp up it simply means there is a much larger time frame looked at when calculating your fair share of the block basically looks at last 3 weeks and calculates your % input compared to everyone else and thats how much of the block u get. this help keep people from pool jumping and smooths things out if u have internet down for a day or issues it will go largely unnoticed in your pay (within reason). pay per TH depends on the block size and the total hash of everyone in the pool at the time as i understand it (again if your fully invested over the last 19 days i think  is the exact number someone better at math might be able to pull that out fer u.)
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:07:15 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 08:39:36 PM by clgrissom3
Merited by suchmoon (1)

I really wanna switch to KanoPool cause it seems its where all the cool kids are. The only two things that make it hard is the few blocks i understand the payout is bigger though so what is the payout per Th/s when a block is found on average at the moment.  Also the two week ramp up time does this mean if blocks are found in the next two weeks i wont get a full pay per th/s im contributing or am i misunderstanding? thanks in advance

You will get your full pay based your your shares but it will be spread out and not all at once.  You don't lose anything.

My take on a post from Kano a long while back:

The 5Nd "ramp" means it takes that long to reward your shares.  It's not a punishment and the ramp isn't missing rewards, it's delaying them to reduce variance.  Each share is rewarded in all the blocks found in the 5Nd after the share.  That's simply how it reduces variance.  Each share's reward is averaged out over the 5Nd after it.

How do the PPLNS payouts work?

The 5Nd "ramp" means the pool rewards 5 times the expected number of shares each time a block is found.  So each share will be paid approximately 1/5 of it's expected value in each block it gets a reward, but each share is also expected, on average, to be rewarded 5 times in blocks found after the share is submitted to the pool.

So, on the 1st block the pool hits when you start on Kano you get rewarded 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for that block.

On the 2nd block the pool hits you get 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 2nd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 1st block.

On the 3rd block the pool hits you get 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 3rd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 2nd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 1st block.  It goes on and on like that until all of the value of the shares you summitted are paid in full.  

That's also how you would continue to get payouts for the 5Nd ramp down period after you leave this pool.

This is a simplistic view of the 5Nd payout model because the it is also affected by luck.  If pool luck was always 100% then each share is expected to be rewarded 5 times.

If pool luck is better than 100%, then the average share reward will be more than 5 times. (Love it when it hits 10-12 times!)
If pool luck is worse than 100%, then the average share reward will be less than 5 times.

The 5Nd really helps you out if your miners go down for a couple of hours or are down for a day.  You would continue to be rewarded if the pool hits a block while you were down.  I've seen pools where you would get nothing out of a block if you were down for just an hour or so when the block was hit. Grin

EDIT 3/10/2018:

Go here and look down the page for the section "PPLNS acts like the reward 'ramps up' when you first start mining" to see the current ramp time span.

https://www.kano.is/index.php?k=payout
Coltcaine

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:14:32 AM

You will get your full pay based your your shares but it will be spread out and not all at once.  You don't lose anything.

The 5Nd "ramp" means it takes that long to reward your shares.  It's not a punishment and the ramp isn't missing rewards, it's delaying them to reduce variance.  Each share is rewarded in all the blocks found in the 5Nd after the share.  That's simply how it reduces variance. Each share's reward is averaged out over the 5Nd after it.

The 5Nd means the pool rewards 5 times the expected number of shares each time a block is found.  So each share will be paid approximately 1/5 of it's expected value in each block it gets a reward, but each share is also expected, on average, to be rewarded 5 times in blocks found after the share is submitted to the pool.

So, on the 1st block the pool hits when you start on Kano you get rewarded 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for that block.  On the 2nd block the pool hits you get 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 2nd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 1st block.  On the 3rd block the pool hits you get 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 3rd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 2nd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 1st block and on and on like that until all of the value of the shares are paid.  That's also how you would continue to get payouts for the 5Nd ramp down period after you leave this pool.

This is a simplistic view of the 5Nd payout model because the it is also affected by luck.  If pool luck was always 100% then each share is expected to be rewarded 5 times.
If pool luck is better than 100%, then the average share reward will be more than 5 times. (Love it when it hits 10-12 times!)
If pool luck is worse than 100%, then the average share reward will be less than 5 times.

The 5Nd really helps you out if your miners go down for a couple of hours or are down for a day.  You would continue to be rewarded if the pool hits a block while you were down.  I've seen pools where you would get nothing out of a block if you were down for just an hour or so when the block was hit. Grin

The pool hash rate for the last day is roughly 54.94PHs which means the 5Nd 'ramp' is roughly 14days 21hrs right now.

ok that makes sense now but if i have 1 th/s and kano pool finds 5 blocks in a month what would my estimated payout be for the month?
robinsoz

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:15:13 AM

It has been fun mining with you guys. I'll unfortunately probably be pointing my few TH back at Slush sometime in the next few days (until next winter or Kano finishes the accounting code).

Reason has nothing to do with being unhappy with the pool but is rather because I run obsolete bitcoin miners in the winter for heat and in the summer to soak up excess solar power off a solar array. With the weather warming up I'll soon be below dust level.

Good luck to all. Smiley

slush's last empty block was a week ago:
https://btc.com/0000000000000000000d637d922588b7d30c85fd35d87b42ef86a8ce9609764e

Give me a rational reason to stick around once my average hashrate drops below half a Terrahash and I’ll stay - like I said I’ll be back at some point. Wink I prefer to mine on whichever pool I feel contributes the most to the network - but do like to get paid occasionally. Even at my highest hashrate when all my miners were running, I have wondered at times if I was leaching more from this pool than I was contributing - given the transaction fee cost of sending a few dollars worth of bitcoin after every block.

cant say as i understand why u shutting em all down to begin with ? solar power is infinite once u have it installed and as i understand it deterioration of solar panels is a function of time more then use.if they generate to much heat make yer self cooler boxes to muffle sound and do a great job of controlling heat (one of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhNS2ElN5Mk)

Solar power is being used for other things - like running irrigation pumps. I only mine when there is a surplus...as we are not set up to feed it back into the grid.
padrinogtr

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

Mine ON!!!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 04:42:38 AM

The 5Nd "ramp" means it takes that long to reward your shares.  It's not a punishment and the ramp isn't missing rewards, it's delaying them to reduce variance.  Each share is rewarded in all the blocks found in the 5Nd after the share.  That's simply how it reduces variance. Each share's reward is averaged out over the 5Nd after it.

The 5Nd means the pool rewards 5 times the expected number of shares each time a block is found.  So each share will be paid approximately 1/5 of it's expected value in each block it gets a reward, but each share is also expected, on average, to be rewarded 5 times in blocks found after the share is submitted to the pool.

So, on the 1st block the pool hits when you start on Kano you get rewarded 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for that block.  On the 2nd block the pool hits you get 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 2nd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 1st block.  On the 3rd block the pool hits you get 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 3rd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 2nd block plus 1/5 of the value of the shares you submitted for the 1st block and on and on like that until all of the value of the shares are paid.  That's also how you would continue to get payouts for the 5Nd ramp down period after you leave this pool.

The pool hash rate for the last day is roughly 54.94PHs which means the 5Nd 'ramp' is roughly 14days 21hrs right now.

i dont know what happened but this explanation hit me in the right spot and i can see clearly now how it works Grin. dont ask me to explain it myself but i got it now. only six month later  Tongue

230TH Mining For Kano!!!
gaud

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:56:32 AM

i dont know what happened but this explanation hit me in the right spot and i can see clearly now how it works Grin. dont ask me to explain it myself but i got it now. only six month later  Tongue

lol glad u got it this is what i thought at first b4 everyone started explaining it to you so i adapted now im confused again lol. and i thought the ramp up increased with the recent difficulty increase i guess im lost with that too. all and all whatever shows up shows up Cheesy. it is good to know i only got 5 and a half months left to go b4 i understand though Tongue
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:23:49 AM

...snip...

ok that makes sense now but if i have 1 th/s and kano pool finds 5 blocks in a month what would my estimated payout be for the month?

Use Kano's calculator to do your what if calculations Grin

http://tradebtc.net/bitcalc.php
leeR

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:30:29 AM

Kano- do you think you'd make the stratum changes on this pool to support the new overt ASICBOOST?
Not before getting access to one.
I'm not stupid enough to assume any code is just going to work when created by a certain person who loses blocks on his pools and calls that 'misfortune'
Testing properly is a way to avoid that Tongue
But hackers usually have no idea about such things.
Experience tells you otherwise.

So if they don't actually exist ... then no they wont be supported Cheesy

I ordered one - so if I get it, I'd be open to sending it to you to test / integrate (and trust you'd send it back Smiley )
No need to send it to me - just to point it somewhere and let me test it properly and see what happens.
So ... I'm setting up a new node in South Africa and I thought ... well it won't hurt to see what happens if I run the latest git code for that ...
LOL core dumped, crashed before it even connected to anything ...
... how unexpected ... NOT Smiley
No problem of course, switched back to my earlier version ... runs ok.

Looks like that AsicBoost testing will also be fixing already known bad code.

I'll mention about the new node for anyone close to it, after I've let it run for a while and see how it performs in that remote part of the planet ...

Thanks for this Kano B-) moved over about 122Th to the South Africa node to "test" will move the rest of in the next few days.

MINE ON!!!
HSchmirPo

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:27:25 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 09:55:04 AM by HSchmirPo

Block!
by cryptostar
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:28:58 AM

cryptostar Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:49:59 AM

BTCamm!!! Nice way to start my workday!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:56:27 AM

The majority of people don't care about empty blocks, about bitcoin's network "health" and the future of the cryptocurrencies in general. All they need from mining are regular payouts. That's why they prefer Antpool and other Chinese crap. That's why every little miner is important here at your pool. Not only those who was lucky enough in this embodiment to deploy 5 or more Phs of hashing power... That's why I was talking about at least little additional reward for blockfinder even with 20-30 Th, as soon as you decided to attract more hashing power here.

I'm not a mulitipetahash miner. And I'm not saying this is a regular occurrence on kanos part, but maybe you should just trust in the man who runs this pool and who ahs contributed so much to this technology space. (See below on the last block i found here)

Block by Biffa! Cheesy  Way to go with your 11th Kano block! Grin

This is our 1st of BLOCK FRIDAY! Cheesy

* kano biffs Biffa Smiley
(with some BTC)

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:44:53 AM

I BTClinked and almost missed it!

Crossing fingers for a lucky weekend block now!

MINE ON!

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
Newko

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:11:42 PM

Love waking up to a block! Thank you cryptostar  Grin
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 12:45:51 PM

minergain.com has weekly monthly and yearly CDT (Coins per Day per Th/s) based on historical.  My last block for roughly 13.6 Th/s was .00351001 or roughly .000258 per Th/s.  So far for March we have found 4 blocks with my payout being .01440930, so 5 blocks is roughly .018 (.00132353 BTC / Th).  Obviously 5 blocks will give $75 or so towards profit/equipment costs (after power at .10/kwh), but since "luck is luck", there is the potential to find 25 blocks (or more) in a month as well.  We are almost at last month's earnings in only 10 days, so good potential to be better than last month and potentially more than December where my take was .08921851 BTC.  In August I pulled in .11538943 BTC with my single S9, yes, 5 blocks is ok, but 25 would be amazing - which the upside potential is why I switched from Slush BTW.

Also if you are interested, minergain allows you to sign up for immediate, daily, weekly or monthly block details for any pool and will soon be reporting your miner stats on those pools if you have any.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:49:03 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 12:59:26 PM by BSGMiner

"The best part of wakin' up is a new block in your pool!"

Thanks BaristaStar!

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:03:09 PM

to simplify "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades " Cheesy
Now, that's what I call "putting it into layman's terms!" Grin

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
lok8nusa

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:03:56 PM

BSGMiner, you beat me to it.

I got excited, waking up to a fresh-found block. I started poking around and found something I thought interesting.

According to minergain.com, if you pointed identical hash at Kano and Slush on March 1st, you have more coin in your wallet now if you were mining Kano. My experience agrees.  Grin   (Edit: does not include ramp-up time)

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!!!

Coining bits since 2017 
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
Pages: « 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: