Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541868 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:08:16 PM

Hey Guys, is this the latest QT wallet: v1.2.0.0-g32a928e

Thanks Smiley
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:53:27 PM

Hey Guys, is this the latest QT wallet: v1.2.0.0-g32a928e

Thanks Smiley

Yes
But we do recommend the client instead  Smiley
Zeehenk

Activity: 399
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:51:22 PM

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something.... but where can I find the wallet for this coin?

Munti

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:28:03 PM

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something.... but where can I find the wallet for this coin?

In OP and here http://bitbay.market/downloads/

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:29:56 AM

i finally managed to download the qt wallet..... this took days. and now i need to now where the blockchain is stored on OSX.
i really have to transfer my coins out of bittrex. during this bubble everything can happen - even a "hack" of an other exchange.

On Mac the QT wallet is inside the app. So click on it and browse inside it and it will be in c:/users/admin0/roaming/Application Data/Bitbay

But you can backup your wallet in the QT in the file menu which is simpler
Zeehenk

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:12:37 AM

Must have missed that one, thanks!! Blockchain 2 years and 37 weeks behind.... this might take a while :')

Munti

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:14:07 AM

Must have missed that one, thanks!! Blockchain 2 years and 37 weeks behind.... this might take a while :')

Might be a little late to tell you now, but on the download page you also find the blockchain for download. It's approx. 90% or so synced. Will get a new one there soon that is more up to date. To use it, simply replace the files in the download with the files in your bitbay folder. (For win and linux. For mac we have reports this doesn't work for some reason)

Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

Hey guys!
I've created an account on btc38.com
They force you to create a facebook account to join their site.
Still waiting for them to load up a btc deposit address so I can transfer some btc to vote.
They allow one free vote per person that is a valid trader. Which means you have to have a trade history with them or you have to enter a valid phone number (for the sake of protection against bots)

Any help from the community on this matter would be much appreciated. I'm going to add some BTC to boost our voting rank, but it's probably best to get as many people involved to at least use their 1 free vote after creating an account.
Great idea, Craig. I will help and I advise everybody else in the community that wants to help out to do so also

Besides getting on Polo which we want to be on and are trying to get on, I think BTC38 would be a great exchange to get on. They are a Chinese exchange that has a similar trading volume to Bittrex. It could be a nice introduction to the Chinese markets
Zeehenk

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:47:49 PM

Might be a little late to tell you now, but on the download page you also find the blockchain for download. It's approx. 90% or so synced. Will get a new one there soon that is more up to date. To use it, simply replace the files in the download with the files in your bitbay folder. (For win and linux. For mac we have reports this doesn't work for some reason)

Jep, too late Smiley! Let it run overnight and was done almost by afternoon the next day. Thanks for letting me know, though! Will keep it in mind in case I need to download it again.

Mjollnir

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 05:02:55 PM

Following this project for a year now. Still delivering and has some innovations others only talk about. Long term one of the good bets for sure. Looking forward to the release upcoming days. And for sure the rolling (flexible) peg this year.

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
And on steemit.com now Smiley
Munti

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:39:50 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 12:21:46 AM by Munti

Open positions in the BitBay team

The BitBay team had a meeting May 7th, and decided it is time to reorganize the team.
Uptil now the team has had a very flat structure, and we will keep it that way as much as possible. However the team is now 15 people and growing, and that calls for a little more structure. The decision was to announce all positions except community manager (shared by Craig and Munti/sirlosealot) as vacant, and let the old and potential new team members apply for those.
Rule of thumb is that no one is paid to be part of the team. We will however be willing to hire needed skill sets short term as needed. We will also announce an extensive bounty list once the process of filling team positions is done.
Applications to join the team are sent to Craig or Munti/sirlosealot. In addition to stating what position you apply for, please describe your skill set as accurately as possible. Also give us an estimate of how much time you are able/willing to spend. We would also like you to tell us what you lack in an ideal skill set for the position you are applying for.
The following list of positions is our starting point. It may be altered based on the applications, and some positions may also be split between several people. Especially head of marketing and web dev are positions we might need to split in order to get all the skill sets required.

Head of marketing
 - We are looking for someone that is able to take us through a branding process and make a marketing plan. This would include being able to identify where we are in the development cycle, identifying target groups for different stages of development, knowledge of what channels to use to reach target group, etc. Experience with low budget marketing is required.

Marketing assistant (s)
 - We are looking for someone who has in depth knowledge for one or more of the areas that is relevant for head of marketing, or alternatively someone with good all-around knowledge in most of them, but not enough time or experience to fill Head of marketing.

Web dev(s)
 - We need web dev with good all-around knowledge. We use wordpress (and are likely to continue doing so), so in depth knowledge of wordpress is important. Security and SEO are also key areas.

Event manager
 - we are looking for someone to plan and execute events like treasure hunts, pay2email campaigns, etc. Creativity and accuracy are important skills beside knowing the client extremely well.

Community managers for specific languages
 - We are looking for someone to build, maintain, and expand BitBay communities in other languages than english. Chinese, spanish, and russian are top of our priority list, but we are of course open to other suggestions as well.

Support Manager
 - We are looking for someone that already has good all-around knowledge about crypto, and also has (or will acquire) in depth knowledge of our software. Support manager will build our entire support system together with community managers.

Marketplace salesman
 - we are looking for someone that can see to it that our marketplace is populated with contracts. This can either be done by filling it yourself, or by actively getting others to fill it. Maybe a combination. Minimum goals will be set for this.

Social media manager(s)
 - We are looking for someone to manage all or part of our social media, and also bring us to new arenas. Decent writing skills are a must.

Writers
 - We are looking for several writers.

Graphic designer(s)
 - We need graphic designer to produce both for marketing and tutoring.

Video producer(s)

- We need video producer to produce both for marketing and tutoring.

Dev(s)
 - We are always interested in dev help here. For now it’s probably most efficient that David keeps coding the new features, but there are other things to be done too. We could use someone that is good with UI and UX. Skill with Qt designer is needed for this.
We are also interested in any dev help that starts the process of developing mobile and web interface.

Team assistants
 - We are looking for people that don’t necessarily fit in one of the above descriptions, but who think they can make a contribution anyway -either because of skills not mentioned here, or because they are quick on their feet and can get things done when they are handed a task.

Did we forget any positions? Feel free to bring it up

Join our slack if you have not done so already http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation and shot me a pm if you want to help out

Bumping this.
We have gotten a lot of good applications, but we still want more  Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:04:39 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 05:28:42 PM by mprep

sys just going mad now up to 80M

Bay usually follows Smiley

both great projects ....come on bay Smiley

Bay is going to go parabolic one day.
We do need more exchanges though.
Any word from BTC38?
Would like to see btc-e too although that is wishful thinking i guess. Although if bay became very valuable it might be handy for them to cold stake and cut owners in on a share and they keep some too.

let's discuss the coming performance updates....what are they and how important will they be ?

how far away is the pegging ?

bays MC performance is good but still nowhere near where it should be.

cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:25:38 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 05:28:56 PM by mprep

Performance upgrade for BitBay Client Version 1.27

We are happy to announce the release of the new version of the BitBay Halo Client. This release mainly focuses on performance upgrades and fine tuning the Client’s many features. It will allow David the ability from here on out to focus solely on coding the final features of the core build.
Halo Version 1.27 updates include:
•   Added admin method to build into manifest
•   Made it so pastebin can be updated for existing orders with missing images on resubmit
•   Started to track memory leaks for better performance
•   Checked data type for querying history in case of erroneous data
•   Checked data being returned from Electrum in BitHalo raw tx in case of erroneous data
•   Added splash screen for submitting TX and also added wait function for waiting for download thread to unlock causing false rejections
•   Added splash for image compression during upload
•   Fixed balance issue in multistake on same input
•   Fixed issue where the number of keys connected changes too early
•   Wallet does not unlock for spending unless requested – allowing for wallet to be unlocked for staking only.
•   Added image cache to make software more responsive because png conversion for computers without jpeg driver is slow
•   Added custom video library link per coin
•   Staking is now off by default so users must activate it manually. Since a new user might get confused when funds become unspendable upon deposit
•   Added sh file to build for Linux to (potentially) improve QT performance on some systems
•   Fixed other minor user interface issues
•   Added extra tips for guiding new users
•   We now check for bitmessage timeouts
•   Reindex option added if daemon fails to load
•   Updated reputation system with redundant public key for resubmission to match original sender instead of temporary key
•   Users can now accept a market order with either bitmessage or email even if the original offer prefers email
•   Added more notifications for messages within escrow
•   Generate bitmessage addresses based on rpc password in addition to keys. In this way switching single keys that you load with won't generate a different address. This makes the address harder to figure out by looking at a script which is safer. Also, joint accounts now have a cleaner way of distinguishing their Bitmessage
•   Added foundation for basic market messaging to update orders. Now users can alert of a change in quantity
•   Verifying "market messaging" design needed for upcoming Buy/Sell Anything template auctions and various situations in Barter template

The next update will include all Checklocktimeverify (CLTV) features. This will provide users with a CLTV functioning UI - the first of its kind for cryptocurrencies, and it will include the patch for fixing the POS 3.0 reward output which currently should equal 20.76 Bay per block found!
After that David will release the API allowing for 3rd parties to utilize BitBay ‘under the hood’. This will allow for many undisclosed web based services. For example, imagine a website that utilizes BitBay to host a trustless Binary Options platform or a website host similar to localbitcoin.com for BitBay, yet completely trustless!
After that he can finally focus solely on the rolling peg protocol! Thanks for your support and community involvement. We are in progress of completing our marketing team and want to thank everyone who has requested an interview. We will provide an update on our progress in the near future!

Disclaimer & Instructions: The BitBay Client Version 1.27 For Mac

We wish to spend some time to warn all Mac users that they must take extra precautions with downloading and installing a new version. As Mac users know, the Client currently runs a on a “Wine†version of Windows. Therefore, we recommend you do not overwrite the existing Client. If a Mac user has their private keys saved inside the wine app, and then updates the Client to 1.27, they will lose all existing files inside. This is why it is imperative that you store your keys in multiple back up locations. You are responsible for your own wallet. In no way shape or form will we provide refunds to those that can’t properly manage their private keys. We have an easy solution for this in future updates along with a solution for this update as well. So please take the time to read through this notice so you are prepared when we release the official update.

Make backups of your private keys and make backups of important files such as Contracts.dat, Other.dat and you bitbaydata folder.

Here is how to properly update BitBay on Mac:

ï®   Instead of downloading the new Mac version of Client, download the windows version update at www.davtonia.com/bitbay/bitbayupdatewin.zip
ï®   Then Mac users will extract the update file called 'BitBayUpdate.exe' to the computer
ï®   Then run WineSkin inside the app package
ï®   Select 'Install Software' and click ' Choose Setup Executable ' then choose the BitBayUpdate.exe file
ï®   After installation is complete do not launch BitBay and close the installer
ï®   Wine might say that no new executables were found so just ignore that message and exit wine
ï®   This will update Halo without overwriting the entire wine app or requiring you to resynchronize the blockchain.

let's discuss the coming performance updates....what are they and how important will they be ?

Most might not even notice the changes. It's definitely going to make it run more efficient
In my opinion the major addition in this release is the ability to unlock the wallet for staking only.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:11:30 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 06:18:54 PM by cryptohunter

Most might not even notice the changes. It's definitely going to make it run more efficient
In my opinion the major addition in this release is the ability to unlock the wallet for staking only.

Ah well making it run smoothly is very important. I guess the next update will be a bigger one and people will take more notice. We are still well ahead of the game. I am looking forward to the api and pegging. Especially the api so other devs can start joining in with things.

Sys gone parabolic atm. Bay usually tracks after it. So big upswing to come. 50M next target.

Also any word from yobit or any other exchange about adding bitbay? cryptopia and nova are getting more volume lately too.

cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:00:44 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 12:10:53 AM by cr197

Ah well making it run smoothly is very important. I guess the next update will be a bigger one and people will take more notice. We are still well ahead of the game. I am looking forward to the api and pegging. Especially the api so other devs can start joining in with things.

Sys gone parabolic atm. Bay usually tracks after it. So big upswing to come. 50M next target.

Also any word from yobit or any other exchange about adding bitbay? cryptopia and nova are getting more volume lately too.

Yobits scammed David out of the .2BTC he paid them to list us. That was 6-8 months ago.

I'm guessing the next addition to anticipate with be the blocknet dex.

And we've got an ace up our sleeve that we are antsy to release in the near future. Once it's open to the public we will push hard for a Chinese and Japanese exchange listing.

After that we know of another secret exchange in the works that should be ready for launch.

Lots to look forward to and it will all be added before the end of the year.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:42:21 AM

Yobits scammed David out of the .2BTC he paid them to list us. That was 6-8 months ago.

And we've got an ace up our sleeve that we are antsy to release in the near future. Once it's open to the public we will push hard for a Chinese and Japanese exchange listing.

After that we know of another secret exchange in the works that should be ready for launch.

really? well I'm not happy to hear that. Yobit is a  strange place.

oh that sounds rather interesting i like the sound of aces up the sleeve for bitbay.

if david posts the details here i will follow it up and see if i can shame them into doing something about it.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:51:36 PM

oh that sounds rather interesting i like the sound of aces up the sleeve for bitbay.

if david posts the details here i will follow it up and see if i can shame them into doing something about it.

Basically I paid the .1 btc sent two support tickets both responses were generic "if you don't see it listed then it's declined" which was vague and eventually I got upset and asked why they list scams on their site but not a legit project with higher volume I also got upset he kept the .1 btc and didn't care to explain why and so I used profanity. He got angry and said "its so easy to freeze your account for profanity"

I had a Bitcoin on there and so I explained if he doesn't unfreeze it I will open a scan accusation and did agree to not curse.
He said "why if everyone thinks Yobit is a scam do they want to list here?"

His response is a good question actually. I guess it's a calculated risk. He unfroze my account.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:06:34 PM

Basically I paid the .1 btc sent two support tickets both responses were generic "if you don't see it listed then it's declined" which was vague and eventually I got upset and asked why they list scams on their site but not a legit project with higher volume I also got upset he kept the .1 btc and didn't care to explain why and so I used profanity. He got angry and said "its so easy to freeze your account for profanity"

I had a Bitcoin on there and so I explained if he doesn't unfreeze it I will open a scan accusation and did agree to not curse.
He said "why if everyone thinks Yobit is a scam do they want to list here?"

His response is a good question actually. I guess it's a calculated risk. He unfroze my account.

I guess then yobit is out for now.

cryptopia is building some volume. I think the more exchanges we can get on the better. Being limited to exchanges that require so much id is holding bay back. A lot of yobits volume is by those that do not want to get verified.

Also having other exchanges allows for arbitration and a lot of people still like that game.

Bittrex is good but would be good to have 5 or more really.

Even when it was on bter it was worth the risk sometimes to grab cheap bay.

Does bitbay have much of a chinese community?

tehBonz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:29:50 AM

I had over 500k BAY in my BTER wallet. There is no option on the website to transfer it out and BTER support won't get back to me.

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can go about this?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:58:46 AM

wow big dump today .... if only we had the rolling peg ready people would be flocking to bay today

Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: