Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:50:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196151 times)
darteous

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:44:35 AM

No official statement. The deadline for launch is September 30th. Otherwise money will be returned. It is very unlikely to be pushed back but if they do that's cool too. In some ways it would be a good thing. It would help give them credibility to return the funds from people who want to get out of the project. It would remove the possibility of this just being a scam. And I think that would raise quite a bit more interest in the crypto community. And I'm sure there are a fair number who would be interested in buying in to make up for those who want out. But mostly just naysayers speak up here. I don't mind waiting for a good launch. A good strong launch is imperative for a stable growth. But most likely they'll launch within their original parameters.
DidiMidi

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:12:42 AM

I can pay 1 BTC and get a PoS coin launched RIGHT NOW - if only to test whatever they want to test before the "official" launch. The presale was a fad, they are supposedly well over a year into "developement" and i could launch a "Test NeuCoin" right here, right now.

I know that you are not stupid Darteous, and the way you speak shows that you're finally losing faith in all this. And i can't really blame you.

▄▀▀███▄
                  █▄█▀▀▀███
                  ▌▐ ▐█▌ ██

▄██████▀▄    ▄▄████▄▄▄██▀
▄███▀ ▄▀██▄▀▄
██▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀
███ █▀█  ██ █
███   █  ██▀█
▄▄
▀███▄▄▄▄███▄▀▀▀██▄▄    ▄▀█████▄
  ▀███████▀      ▀▀██▄▀▄█▀ ▄ ▀██▄
                     █ █  ▀▄▀▄ ██
                     █▀█ ▀▄▄▀  ██
                     ▀▄██▄   ▄██▀
                       ▀██████▀
TRUEGAME
BLOCKCHAIN BASED GAMES OF CHANCE │
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄
████████████████      WHITEPAPER      ████████████████
▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀
5 th  ──────────
March
TELEGRAM

TWITTER
YOUTUBE

GITHUB
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 12:12:19 PM

So as we all expected (apart from "investors" ) its all BULLSHIT, right?

Right.

Right.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:00:07 PM

No official statement. The deadline for launch is September 30th. Otherwise money will be returned. It is very unlikely to be pushed back but if they do that's cool too. In some ways it would be a good thing. It would help give them credibility to return the funds from people who want to get out of the project. It would remove the possibility of this just being a scam. And I think that would raise quite a bit more interest in the crypto community. And I'm sure there are a fair number who would be interested in buying in to make up for those who want out. But mostly just naysayers speak up here. I don't mind waiting for a good launch. A good strong launch is imperative for a stable growth. But most likely they'll launch within their original parameters.

Return the funds?  Bwahahaha... Doubtful.

They are either going to launch (something) or give an excuse why they won't.

The only scenario in which they will return the funds is if they lied about actually
raising 4000 BTC to begin with.  If they only have 100 BTC to return, they might do it to wash
their hands of this.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:12:11 PM

Massive amount of action going on right now:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268/159
[...]As soon as we feel confident about opening the beta to a wider audience, we will do so and will let you know about it on the forum. Presale buyers will be able to comment and make suggestions here on the forum if they wish to do so - as well as post screenshots.[...]

Wow, presale buyers will be allowed to test a beta version, and then, ... wait for it ... they may make suggestions and even post screenshots!!
Hallelujah!

<irony off>
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:17:22 PM

I'm still astonished that people are so calm against Sandrine. She is not only the "spokeswoman" - she is Dan K's partner.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 01:49:30 PM

Sandine on Twitter last monday:

"The “consensus” that’s so often talked about in the #Bitcoin Core community really means the views of a tiny handful of people"

TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:19:35 PM

And I'm sure there are a fair number who would be interested in buying in to make up for those who want out.

Really??!  Shocked
Even in the only pro-nokoin place left, its own forum, there is barely any interest left
Activity seems to be mostly disgruntled buyers worried about their investment.

But mostly just naysayers speak up here.

Here both sides of the argument are allowed to speak freely, as you and the obvious sock puppet accounts like leonymous are doing.
Can the same be said about the heavily censored forum you moderate??
Has Nokoin delivered anything at all that disproves the naysayers' arguments?
All we see is censorship and lies.
No wonder it's a ghost town there.

Return the funds?  Bwahahaha... Doubtful.

They are either going to launch (something) or give an excuse why they won't.

The most likely scenario is going to be the launch of a half-ass Peercoin rebrand which requires minimum efforts.
If for some mysterious reason that is not done by Sept 30, I do think they will return the btcs otherwise it would be too big of a scandal and a few respectable names associated with it will see their reputations dragged into the mud. Not worth it.
Much easier to launch a whatever coin and let the P&D take its course. No scams there  Roll Eyes
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:04:51 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 11:24:10 PM by rizzlarolla

DidiMidi,
"I didn't expect it to last, but was promptly deleted so someone is monitoring the forum which is... something?"

I think it was deleted by Dart, or otherwise James the knife.
All other nokoin staff had the weekend off as usual. (according to the user profile stats) Shocked

Dart,
"This is not a confirmed scam."

Cryto scams are rarely confirmed. (not by believers) Even paycoin still trades?

" It would help give them credibility to return the funds from people who want to get out of the project."

It would certainly go a long way towards it.
If you had left your thread "Would you rebuy into the coin?" instead of censoring it to "current thoughts now and then", investors would have had some outlet for their feelings on the issue.
Only 2 replies to that heading, both negative. (before you changed it)
Why not clearly ask, (on nokoin forum) "Who wants out?".  
Telling M3ndi3 "Any negativity until then is just us quite possibly shooting ourselves in the foot." is brushing this under the carpet/censorship.

Sandrine,
"We have not released a launch date for the beta of MyNeuCoin and the coin so as not to over promise like we did by announcing a launch around Aug 6 - Aug 13." (today)

Too late, you already told everyone (implied) the test was ready to roll out, 3 WEEKS ago. Another fail. Roll Eyes

"we are CURRENTLY launching a test environment with a blockchain, online wallet (MyNeuCoin) and consumer-facing onboarding faucet (GetNeuCoin.)" (20 DAYS AGO)

"CURRENTLY" does not mean a month later?

"We have opened the closed beta to a close circle of business partners last week. " (today)

not what was promised. more internal testing.
or more likely nothing has progressed.

More BS

rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:39:19 AM

Sandrine Aug 4
"Here is a new update on the NeuCoin Project: we are currently launching a test environment with a blockchain, online wallet (MyNeuCoin) and consumer-facing onboarding faucet (GetNeuCoin). Over the month of August, the test environment will be gradually opened up to presale buyers and select invitees as we approach the public launch. "

Should that be "Over the month of August" or "when the month of August is over" more likely
It's bank holiday weekend and we know the noteam don't work weekends,
so no test launch today, then no test launch in August?

nokoin....   Promising  everything, delivering nothing.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:39:20 PM

Sandrine Aug 4
"Here is a new update on the NeuCoin Project: we are currently launching a test environment with a blockchain, online wallet (MyNeuCoin) and consumer-facing onboarding faucet (GetNeuCoin). Over the month of August, the test environment will be gradually opened up to presale buyers and select invitees as we approach the public launch. "

Should that be "Over the month of August" or "when the month of August is over" more likely
It's bank holiday weekend and we know the noteam don't work weekends,
so no test launch today, then no test launch in August?

nokoin....   Promising  everything, delivering nothing.

Prediction:  They will launch the coin in September.   No major exchange will list it.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:04:52 PM

Prediction:  They will launch the coin in September.   No major exchange will list it.

Yes I agree.

nokoin will keep promising all the way till 29/30 sept, then launch some shitcoin. IMO
(and the nokoiners will all go along with the deflection as they have so far. complain, accept apology, move on none the wiser)

nokoin has no exchange. possibly part of the plan to sell direct through their wallet. Total price control. IMO
(or it could just be no exchange will trade nokoin)
Remember Mark saying, 6wks ago
"We're already reaching out to many of the exchanges mentioned here, and we hope to have at least a few of them available at, or soon after launch."

This statement to nokoiners means a done deal.
This statement to me means no exchange at launch. (based on previous nokoin failings)

Add it to the marketing speak promised but never happened list.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:55:01 PM

My favorite quote: Distribution is a non-trivial problem in PoS. Any new PoS forks have to compete against Peercoin's three year of distribution of the coin with PoW and trading. A tall order - and Neucoin's strategy of a huge pre-mine and then giving coins away free does not strike me as an elegant solution to that problem.

...but it cleverly solves the problems of founders being unable to cash out their restricted coins and keeps everything looking above board?

How many nokoin do you suppose Dank and the team will allocate to themselves, anonymously, in the guise of nokoin adoption rewards?
Many, many millions of nokoin for unrestricted sale/profit, IMO.  Cool

Of course the nokoin team will make sure we never know such unnecessary details.  Huh

nokoiners are clearly not interested in such multi million dollar undeclared profits.
(after all, the founders deserve all they can get, they have worked so hard, lol)

As long as the investors can also dump at a profit, everyone is happy.  Grin

rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:06:26 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 06:25:15 PM by rizzlarolla

ITS ALL GONE TO SHITE,

primevalsoup
Bruce

This user is suspended until August 27, 2016 5:29pm.
Reason: Used to ask real and interesting questions but now is only down to spreading fear when we're close to release
Last post Aug 9 Joined Apr 16
(problem was he never got any answers)

$10,000 investor  Huh

Game over Dart?  M3ndi3?

http://forum.neucoin.org/users/primevalsoup/activity

Edit,

primevalsoup banned 2h, Dank last seen 2h? The cull continues.
(not 100% sure if he was banned today or yesterday)
idifin

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:38:53 PM

For those who missed it, here's what primeval posted:

http://s30.postimg.org/7bi07xijx/pmsnc.jpg

I don't really see what's banworthy about that? He's just indicating what he'll do given that the coin isn't released by 9/30 without a refund or if a half-assed product is released. I'll be doing the same given exactly the same conditions that primeval mentioned. That shouldn't bother anyone at Neucoin if they are acting in good faith.

I tend to agree with the gross negligence part. Perhaps complete and total incompetence would better describe the Neucoin team.

I stopped replying in the Neucoin forums because those people are either sock puppets, or as dumb as mud. James is about the dumbest person I've ever encountered on any forum since the beginning of the Internet.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:48:55 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 08:44:51 PM by rizzlarolla

For those who missed it, here's what primeval posted:

I don't really see what's banworthy about that? He's just indicating what he'll do given that the coin isn't released by 9/30 without a refund or if a half-assed product is released. I'll be doing the same given exactly the same conditions that primeval mentioned. That shouldn't bother anyone at Neucoin if they are acting in good faith.

I tend to agree with the gross negligence part. Perhaps complete and total incompetence would better describe the Neucoin team.

I stopped replying in the Neucoin forums because those people are either sock puppets, or as dumb as mud. James is about the dumbest person I've ever encountered on any forum since the beginning of the Internet.

totally agree with both you and primevalsoup. (except I see why he was banned!)
Exactly what I have been Highlighting, imo.

I hope you contact him on the quoted scamline.

Good luck.
idifin

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:55:03 PM

totally agree with both you and primevilsoup. (except I see why he was banned!)

Oh, I understand why they banned him. I just don't agree why it's banworthy. If they're legit then there's nothing to worry about from someone posting their sentiments and an email address.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:00:27 PM

totally agree with both you and primevilsoup. (except I see why he was banned!)

Oh, I understand why they banned him. I just don't agree why it's banworthy. If they're legit then there's nothing to worry about from someone posting their sentiments and an email address.

ok, I understand, but this IS nokoin.

WTF do they do now they have banned one of the whales?

Who's next?
Newbie?
Dang 63?
yourself?
....?
idifin

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:10:09 PM

Who's next?
Newbie?
Dang 63?
yourself?
....?

Don't know and don't care. It's their forum to do with as they wish.

Were it my forum, and I were really trying to shake up the crypto world as they're proposing, I'd encourage both positive and negative discussion and respond professionally to it.

I'd also pay extra careful attention to my integrity. If I said I was going to do something then I would do it. I'd answer questions that people have posed, promptly. I'd update people when I said I would update them.

But that's just me; integrity matters in my business...
rizzlarolla

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:26:43 PM

...It doesn't matter who is next, this is not decentralization.
or,
this is how neucoin decentralization work's.

primevalsoup,
Reading your posts on neucoin forum, from the start, all you ever wanted were a few simple answers  Huh
I feel exactly the same.  Cry

My posts here have treated neucoin as I feel they treat others......  like idiots. (meaning the insiders, not the mods or investors, thats a separate issue)
I never expected to still be here.
A few answers would have seen me off.
A bit of progress would have seen me off.

So much marketing speak deflection?

edit, Idifin, I did not see your post above ^ when I replied, but basically, yes.
Isn't that what any professional would do?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: