Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196151 times)
Magicking

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:06:43 PM

Damn, I see why it's a scam now !
Are you stupid? You already said.
You don't get jokes do you ?

Since the launch was delayed that will probably be delayed too then...

Since they already have repeatedly over-promised and under-delivered, and even attempted to scrub their past by modified posts on their own forum, this was simply a reminder.

@Sandrine, remember the promise you made!
That's more an unfortunate problem of IT projects.
idifin

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:07:27 PM

I recommend a thought exercise for everyone on this board hollering that Neucoin is a scam.

Great! I like thought exercises.

Here's a thought exercise for you. Do those of you from Neucoin who are coming here and making all of these new ids really think you're convincing the community here?

The first part is going to hurt if you have few accomplishments and a big ego, but suck it up and force yourself to read the list of Neucoin’s angel investors. They’re at the bottom of this post.

These people are seriously accomplished. They are rich. They are smart. They are connected. They have reputations. They know the Neucoin management team or otherwise they wouldn’t invest as angels.

Bernie Madoff was rich, smart and well-connected. He had a reputation to protect. He was also a scammer and is in prison.

Allen Stanford was rich, smart, and well-connected. He had a reputation to protect. He was also a scammer and is in prison.

Maybe you should think this through a bit more. Being rich, smart, connected, and having a reputation does not preclude scamming. In fact, I suspect that many of those Venn diagrams would show significant overlap.

As someone else said a while back, "since when do rich people not want to make more money?"

You might also want to consider as part of your thought exercise that if this is a scam, that perhaps many of the people listed on Neucoin's site are potentially victims rather than participants.

1. How do you compare to these angels? Your accomplishments, your network, your reputation, your skills as an investor?

How anyone compares here to these people is irrelevant and likely not provable.

Again, you might want to think this through. It's as if you are saying that simply because a bunch of people are rich and successful that we need to follow their lead and do what they do? I know a lot of rich people that are complete dumbasses.

2. Do you really think that these investors and this team would try to pull a short term scam to make a couple million bucks. Maybe YOU would do that. But these angels wouldn’t. That’s not how they operate and it’s not how they got where they are.

I think the point of a for-profit business in many cases is to generate an acceptable return as quickly as possible. Particularly if you're an angel investor in new technology.

I've been open here about my involvement. I've said that I don't believe this is a straight-up take-the-money-and-run scam. I do think it is likely a PnD. I don't necessarily see PnD as a "scam", but different people will view that differently. Unethical sure, but everyone has different moral compasses. I suspect that a well-orchestrated PnD that's going to make these people a quick couple of million, with very little to no upfront risk would be exactly the type of thing they'd be interested in. These people could give two-shits about the long-term success of Neucoin, when they make their money on the price spike within the 1st two months.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:13:15 PM

That's an incompetence and communication problem.

idifin

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:17:54 PM

Everyone seems fond of saying that, but it's really not. There are many IT projects that are completed on time and within budget. Particularly things that deal with compliance-related concerns.

In the case of Neucoin the delay was due to 1) either complete and total incompetence, or 2) some other unknown reason(s).

I suspect that it wasn't exclusively reason 1 because what they're doing is not really that significantly different from existing things out there. It could be that a lot of the core team are doing this as a part-time job, but even still, they're not really inventing the wheel here. What was the point of assembling the superstar team if not to get things done on time?

Reason 2 makes much more sense to me, particularly when you think of this as a big PnD. More time needed to get the exchanges up and tune the communication from those involved that we will see huge amounts of upon launch. Remember, the audience here is not really the main target. For something like this to really succeed, they have to bring people into Neucoin that have never been involved in crypto. Even those who bought into the pre-sale, if they happen to sell during the price spike, can lend further support to the underlying message that you *might* get rich quick if you buy a little of this stuff. In the meantime, you can tip Marilyn Rose for some bullshit song.

scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:18:37 PM

Great! I like thought exercises.
Here's a thought exercise for you. Do those of you from Neucoin who are coming here and making all of these new ids really think you're convincing the community here?

This! Pretty sure it's about convincing the media people who come here (which they are probably currently approaching).

NeuCoin Project

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:48:16 PM

If they're so easy to use, and free to try, why haven't I received my reward coins?  Shocked

It was nice knowing you, nocoin.

As previously communicated, all free NeuCoins earned by taking surveys and giving feedback will be awarded within one month of the launch date and be subject to user verification. Check your confirmation email for more details.
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:50:07 PM

Emails Show Cozy Relationship Between NeuCoin and CoinTelegraph CEO

http://coinjournal.net/emails-show-cozy-relationship-between-neucoin-and-cointelegraph-ceo/

TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:18:58 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2015, 04:38:46 PM by TibanneCat

Oh come on now, stop creating new accounts to spam here, we all know it is you Dan the spyware-pig
it just makes you look desperate

1. The list of rich and famous has been your answer for everything. "When lacking real argument just resort to dick-measuring"

You can keep copying and pasting that list everywhere but it ain't answering any of the issues we have presented here nor does it excuse all the failed promises so far
Just a fancy name list won't do anymore

and if envy is what drives us, we'd be posting dirt about real businessmen like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet
not some slumlord and spyware peddler

2. Wealthy investors have their money spread across a wide portfolio, some succeed some go bust
If I invest in something doesn't mean I am vouching for the project's promises nor the team's integrity, it just means I think it might bring me profit

as with with all shitcoins lacking innovation, it will go through a few cycles of pump and dump then fall into oblivion
no one will be blamed as it is just how it happens in crypto, right  Roll Eyes
at the end of the day dump, the ones who profit the most are you and your lackeys

You might also want to consider as part of your thought exercise that if this is a scam, that perhaps many of the people listed on Neucoin's site are potentially victims rather than participants.

3. People might forget, the internet doesn't.
Your "reputation" is forever registered on the internet across multiple articles, forums, complaints, and lawsuits
Keep in mind that just like how people are finding online all these facts on you, in your future ventures people will easily find all that stuff + everything that has been said and done with nokoin.

You can't keep hiding forever behind a list of rich and famous (or anonymous and straw man offshores)
instead of solely relying on the reputation of others, you should start working towards building a better reputation for yourself
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:20:39 PM

. I suspect that a well-orchestrated PnD that's going to make these people a quick couple of million, with very little to no upfront risk would be exactly the type of thing they'd be interested in. These people could give two-shits about the long-term success of Neucoin, when they make their money on the price spike within the 1st two months.

Yep.  And its easy for them to do that.

Once the pump begins, there will be a wave of "told you so"
ignoramuses looking at a rising price, laughing at us "trolls"
and any rational arguments will be swept under the rug.

torrgeek

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:36:57 PM

Another reason why they don't care much about what bitcointalk thinks about them, and why Sandrine, after missing every commitment made, comes here and gloats about being late, is that bitcointalk isn't even close to their target market.

No. Serious projects do not care about bitcointalk anymore because this forum has clearly turned into a sad little joke with people that are forced to bash any new competing currency/project for fear of losing their investments in other coins. Anyone with even half a brain can make that out.

If you haven't noticed, ethereum devs too don't seem give two hoots about this troll city and I'm not surprised at all.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:52:28 PM

Another reason why they don't care much about what bitcointalk thinks about them, and why Sandrine, after missing every commitment made, comes here and gloats about being late, is that bitcointalk isn't even close to their target market.

No. Serious projects do not care about bitcointalk anymore because this forum has clearly turned into a sad little joke with people that are forced to bash any new competing currency/project for fear of losing their investments in other coins. Anyone with even half a brain can make that out.

If you haven't noticed, ethereum devs too don't seem give two hoots about this troll city and I'm not surprised at all.

Are you getting paid for this or are you just so desperate that you open one accout after the other?
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 04:57:37 PM

Comparing Ethereum to NoKoin is comparing real innovation to silly animation of a squirrel jumping around.

Kuato

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:05:23 PM

Are you getting paid for this or are you just so desperate that you open one accout after the other?

RealMolesta! i knew i would find you here on a friday night! why don't you ask your fake friends scam confirmed and rizzlarolla the same thing? those are fake accounts created just to spam fud about neucoin. or maybe you're the one running those accounts?
SockPuppetFreakShow

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:11:54 PM

Yo jonald! Lemme pull up to your bumper and smack that monkey!
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:50:33 PM

4 months near silence, then OVERLOAD.  Roll Eyes

Visma wont be happy, not another 3/4 pages of BS on a forum.
Talking of which, Visma you may want to check your math. you got your % all wrong.

Hey, what is awesome about the wallet btw, some detail please.
Is it cos you only get 1 address per myneucoin wallet?
Is that even correct? how will that work?

You put your trust in the team, that's fine, so did primevalsoup, remember?

prime(valsoup) wanted to buy upto $30k neucoin, but couldn't get answers to his niggles.
He "bit the bullet" and bought $10k.

Then he tries again,
"Hi Sandrine, I realise you are busy and appreciate that you have responded to many of the other questions raised post pre-sale but was hoping you would also respond to my question about plans......."

Zilch... just Dart, James and Baby to "imagine" answers.
prime gets frustrated/disillusioned.

Days before test launch, prime is BANNED.
prime was a believer, not a troll.
A $10k believer, steamrolled out of the clubhouse,because of the failings of the team.

So, ok, neucoin project,
All this was 100% avoidable....had you kept your promise of updates.
Or your next promise of update, or your next promise of update...

Info should be accessible on neucoin forum.
Provided in a timely and professional manner for consideration.
AS PROMISED, from a professional team.
Not thrown around here, like butheads in knee jerk response/pre planned mass posting?
It's not professional. again.

Dart hasn't clocked in all week, first time for ? months, during test launch.
He must be engrossed.
Or has he been culled?

Please use the ignore button. (a useful addition to your forum maybe)

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:52:57 PM

2. Wealthy investors have their money spread across a wide portfolio, some succeed some go bust
If I invest in something doesn't mean I am vouching for the project's promises nor the team's integrity, it just means I think it might bring me profit

That's a great point.  How dumb does this guy think we are?

I feel like we're watching a magician at amateur hour.
Look at my left hand unfurl an impressive list of investors
while my right hand does a slick PnD.

Comparing Ethereum to NoKoin is comparing real innovation to silly animation of a squirrel jumping around.

Ethereum has kept their market cap and trading volume for an extended period of time.
I don't expect that to happen with Nokoin.

Long Neucoin

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:34:02 PM

This forum is insane.  Smiley
Reading the posts, I assume people who are pro neucoin are either part of the team, bought in the presale or got free coins from surveys. (I'm #2 and #3).
But there seem to be even more people who are against neucoin.
I admit I don't know who's right. I don't buy the "scam" thing at all, but FOR SURE neucoin could flop and go to zero like most altcoins. This has to be the highest chance. But I'm a gambler and I like the risk/return. I think it has a decent chance of being more like stellar, ripple or ethereum, not because neucoin has any tech, but at least it has a team and plan and funding, which very few alts have.
Anyway, I'm not here to fight, but I have to say it's pretty weird how passionate the "trolls" are (sorry, don't mean to insult, but what else do you call somebody who makes endless negative posts).
Am I missing something obvious? What's IN IT for the trolls? Why bother? Is it just fun to bash a rich spyware guy and hope all the fancy angels lose their money?
Also, it's kind of strange how the trolls pretty much NEVER talk about the actual project... micropayments, giving coins to consumers to get wide distribution, etc. To be fair, the neucoin supporters don't talk about this much either. Isn't this really the most important factor for whether neucoin sinks or swims?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:36:39 PM

Is it just fun to bash a rich spyware guy and hope all the fancy angels lose their money?

I'll be honest.  It is fun.

Although I am not hoping anyone loses money.

...I'm just expecting it.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:55:01 PM

This is a new handle that will be shared by multiple members of the NeuCoin Project team used primarily to post information from NeuCoin.org that answers questions raised on this thread.

Point #1: the Foundations cannot vote with the NeuCoins that they own.
Point #2: the Foundations will distribute enough NeuCoins during the year after launch, mostly to consumers, but also to service providers that increase the value and utility of NeuCoin, that by the end of year one the NeuCoin Project team will own far short of a majority of outstanding coins.
Point #3: since at the end of year one, the Project team will still own most of the NeuCoins that they started with and can only sell their remaining NeuCoins slowly (on account of sale restrictions), it's logical that they will continue to act and vote their NeuCoins in such a way as to maximize their long-term value.

#0 -> sure, new handle, this really adds to you credibility (just saying)

#1 -> sounds good why didn't you say that many months ago? Or was it the increasing pressure that lead to this statement and some last minute changes?
Please allow me some follow up questions:
A) how will you enforce it in your protocol? Hardcoded account numbers? PoS rewards also included?
B) what about founders (200M coins at least I believe) and angel investors, can they vote (vote restriction or only sales restriction)? (I assume yes, but just to get a complete picture)
C) how will we know that you don't cheat by simply giving out huge amounts of unrestricted Neucons to your shell firms (=businesses) and sockpuppet accounts (=users)? No offense but this seems to be exactly your game.

#2 -> give us exact numbers please. You have a history of dodging and lying, please start acting professionally.

#3 -> are PoS rewards also sales restricted? How is it handled exactly? (pseudo code would be appreciated)

Bottom line: many words, much copy paste from the website and no clear details, we know that already
ratsorizzo

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 07:00:22 PM

Another reason why they don't care much about what bitcointalk thinks about them, and why Sandrine, after missing every commitment made, comes here and gloats about being late, is that bitcointalk isn't even close to their target market. Their target market are people who are new to crypto, and who think that the bunch of rich people that are listed on the Neucoin website are onto something, and want to get in on part of the action.
You’re right they don’t care about what bitcointalk thinks about them and that their target market are people who are new to crypto - but not in some short sighted attempt to SCAM and STEAL from those mainstream consumers like some paranoid hacker fantasy but because - LO AND BEHOLD - because reaching mainstream consumers is where the opportunity for growth is. NOT by staying in this bickering crypto hell catering to some niche subset of miners/traders who lurk on the Darkweb and swear Facebook and Apple and Google are losers, just losers…

If neucoin were to achieve anything anywhere near wide consumer adoption, it would be worth quite a bit north of a million dollars, believe me. My bet is that THAT'S what neucoin and their angels are betting on.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: