Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309095 times)
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:42:34 AM

Besides the above explanation that even if it's overvalued, the whole deal is still fair,
I have no idea why you think it's overvalued. I think it's undervalued. Please reconsider the value of what we're talking about here (Agoras).

I have not dismissed it yet and agree that it is potential undervalued in its completed form in the future. i haven't finished reading everything but have been reading more and more throughout the day .

Just the things i have wittnessed time and time again in the crypto scene regarding ipo coins is , large target funding goal requests during an IPO, leading to less interest and thus less investment in the initial funding stages, leading to a slower development/implementation of the idea. 

is it possible to get a rough idea of how many coins have been sold up until now or is that private info for the time being?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 06:44:27 AM

Besides the above explanation that even if it's overvalued, the whole deal is still fair,
I have no idea why you think it's overvalued. I think it's undervalued. Please reconsider the value of what we're talking about here (Agoras).

I have not dismissed it yet and agree that it is potential undervalued in its completed form in the future. i haven't finished reading everything but have been reading more and more throughout the day .

Just the things i have wittnessed time and time again in the crypto scene regarding ipo coins is , large target funding goal requests during an IPO, leading to less interest and thus less investment in the initial funding stages, leading to a slower development/implementation of the idea. 

is it possible to get a rough idea of how many coins have been sold up until now or is that private info for the time being?

The info is all out there publicly. Less than 10% of coins were sold (much less).

Tau-Chain & Agoras
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:02:19 PM

The info is all out there publicly. Less than 10% of coins were sold (much less).

and when is the selling of the coins over?

We have to know that, as someone wants to buy, when the project seems to be successfull already.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 05:47:57 PM

and when is the selling of the coins over?

We have to know that, as someone wants to buy, when the project seems to be successfull already.

Please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309.msg12140182#msg12140182

Tau-Chain & Agoras
SmokingSkull

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:30:57 PM

Hm, came here due to the Ethereum - Tau Article on The Cointelegraph.

I read the article but I don't see an advantage on the userside compared to any smart contract form, Ether or the proposed BTC smart conracts.

I also don't quite understand how the MSCTAU I might buy are really mine in terms of having the private key for the address...compared to every other presale I experienced.

Most Coins are Shitcoins
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 01:46:10 PM

I read the article but I don't see an advantage on the userside compared to any smart contract form, Ether or the proposed BTC smart conracts.

I also don't quite understand how the MSCTAU I might buy are really mine in terms of having the private key for the address...compared to every other presale I experienced.

The CT article indeed doesn't get into the fine details. Please have a look at the docs and ask any question.
The coins (which are intermediate only) are over the Omni (aka Master) protocol. They are encoded over the Bitcoin's blockchain, and you store your coins in a BTC address, with same privkey/pubkey, ownership, transferring, and everything else as in cryptocoins.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
SmokingSkull

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:18:06 PM

The CT article indeed doesn't get into the fine details. Please have a look at the docs and ask any question.
The coins (which are intermediate only) are over the Omni (aka Master) protocol. They are encoded over the Bitcoin's blockchain, and you store your coins in a BTC address, with same privkey/pubkey, ownership, transferring, and everything else as in cryptocoins.

So Now I ask myself what has the Tau Chain to do with the Master protocol?
For the later ease of transferring "coins" when u run genesis?

thx

Most Coins are Shitcoins
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:20:05 PM

So Now I ask myself what has the Tau Chain to do with the Master protocol?
For the later ease of transferring "coins" when u run genesis?

thx

yes, tau has nothing to do with master/omni or btc, except for the intermediate Agoras coins that will be converted to the real Agoras coins upon its genesis.
also note that tau as for itself have no coin at all, the coins are for a financial economy to be built over tau, namely, Agoras.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Janitor

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:33:59 PM

Can someone tell me what token owners get in return?

That part is extremely fuzzy. PoS, someone said, but what about it? Rewards can be set arbitrarily later, so they may or may not turn out to be ... rewarding.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:38:37 PM

Agoras will be an economy offering many new features, like trustlessly hiring programmers (as in the blogpost Code and Money), or hiring other professionals (c.f. Bitagoras), or computer resources (like Zennet), or release coins for any provable "thing", at the sense of tau's proofs.
All Agoras' markets will have one coin. Those coins are being pre-sold, and the msc intermediate token is only for buyers to have something transferrable in hand and will be converted to the real coins. So the msc tokens will cease being operational upon Agoras' genesis where the actual coins take place, and the buyers get a share on Agoras economy.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:40:56 PM

That part is extremely fuzzy. PoS, someone said, but what about it? Rewards can be set arbitrarily later, so they may or may not turn out to be ... rewarding.

No, not PoS at all. Please see my comments to Synechist at the CT article http://cointelegraph.com/news/115118/tau-chain-a-decentralized-app-store-with-greater-flexibility-than-ethereum

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Janitor

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:50:15 PM

Agoras will be an economy offering many new features, like trustlessly hiring programmers (as in the blogpost Code and Money), or hiring other professionals (c.f. Bitagoras), or computer resources (like Zennet), or release coins for any provable "thing", at the sense of tau's proofs.
All Agoras' markets will have one coin. Those coins are being pre-sold, and the msc intermediate token is only for buyers to have something transferrable in hand and will be converted to the real coins. So the msc tokens will cease being operational upon Agoras' genesis where the actual coins take place, and the buyers get a share on Agoras economy.

Okay, so it's like "app fuel" for one or more markets?

But it seems it's not possible to objectively estimate future "value" of such tokens, so how is one supposed to figure out whether to buy or not?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 03:54:01 PM

But it seems it's not possible to objectively estimate future "value" of such tokens, so how is one supposed to figure out whether to buy or not?

not app fuel at all, we don't need that model since we have decidable logic, but to get to your point:
the coin will be used to replace giant markets: many of the hardware market, HR market (hiring professionals, not only finding them but the whole process being p2p), software development market, search engines, social networks and so forth as part of its uses are being described at the last page of https://docs.google.com/document/d/16239hEjL_IgXYsk2I6RMjMKhmUte30leYI3jJ-Vgp3M/edit

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Bisha

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:41:34 PM

Dear Friends,

I'd like to announce that from this moment, Agoras intermediate tokens are being traded in https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=msctau

Please note that there are many unsold coins (+90%) and we keep selling through the exchange, so expect a high supply of coins for now. Before the final Agoras coins will go out, we will destroy all unsold coins (as promised long ago), and the trade will "get to normal" without massive amount of coins being sold by us.

Recall that there are 42M intermediate tokens, representing 100% of all future Agoras coins. Agoras won't have creation of new coins, but all of its coins will be generated upon genesis and delivered to their owners, either right away or in a slow release in order not to flood the market. If we pick the slow release method, everyone with no exceptions will be subject to that constraint.

At this opportunity I'll mention that HolyTransactions.com, an online wallet service, began to support our tokens.
Sales term and conditions appear at http://www.idni.org

HolyTransactions actually tried to scam BitShares community. They managed to get a delegate position promising to develop stuff yet they got the funds but never communicated or delivered anything so beware.

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 05:34:15 PM

checking out the blog might help get a better understanding of the system and how and in what ways things can and are implemented into tau.

http://www.idni.org/blog

this one likely gives the best picture of its abilities and maybe future worth

http://www.idni.org/blog/post6

ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 08:38:55 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 09:01:51 PM by ohad

Apropos Core/XT fork, this is exactly the problem with the fixedness of the protocol. Since tau's client downloads its own code from the blockchain, and every block is a new client code, no need to fork in order to make any change to the protocol (except breaking the logic's consistency etc). ether couldn't have that too since their protocol is fixed as btc

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 09:42:11 PM

I think you would get more funding that you deserve for this project if you do more marketing, make a better website, better graphics, make youtube infomercial videos, do more interviews. Then I think you would get all the funding you want for this project so you can make it a success.

I definitely agree, and upon all - a working tau client, isn't it so? I'm in a marathon to bring it ASAP.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:42:20 PM

watching this to read later.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
NILIcoin

Activity: 638
Merit: 530

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:07:03 PM

Apropos Core/XT fork, this is exactly the problem with the fixedness of the protocol. Since tau's client downloads its own code from the blockchain, and every block is a new client code, no need to fork in order to make any change to the protocol (except breaking the logic's consistency etc). ether couldn't have that too since their protocol is fixed as btc

Yes! if anyone was wondering about the tau project, that is one important answer.Tau is made for changes.  If we want a system that can be trusted to hold for sometime it need to have the change built into its core logic.
SmokingSkull

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:16:53 AM

I think you would get more funding that you deserve for this project if you do more marketing, make a better website, better graphics, make youtube infomercial videos, do more interviews. Then I think you would get all the funding you want for this project so you can make it a success.

The world needs the technology that you are developing. I wish you and your project success.

Well, no big media attention, the easier to run away. No sign of github yet...
better waiting

Most Coins are Shitcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: