Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309095 times)
rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:21:58 PM

Good news. We can move over now!
---
The project best interest it's to have Tau-Chain ready and inteligently crunching zeroes and ones, not today, not tommorow but yesterday, everyday Smiley
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:25:53 PM

Dor is doing the right thing and i salute him for doing so.
If any of the other holders of stolen coins see this, please follow Dor's honorable example and do the right thing as well.
martinzester

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:00:19 PM

I bought them too and want to return
feeling sad for my loss buying them, ohad pm me plz
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 03:53:23 PM

so as things stand now i think the easy thing to do is to send new tokens to all addresses except the 20.5M, and Dor will return the new tokens when he receives them. same for other bittrex buyers. this will also help us authenticate who actually bought from the dump.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:42:59 PM

so as things stand now i think the easy thing to do is to send new tokens to all addresses except the 20.5M, and Dor will return the new tokens when he receives them. same for other bittrex buyers. this will also help us authenticate who actually bought from the dump.

most buyers of the coins managed to get them for a considerably lower price than market value .

I and i don't think many other would be opposed to buyers who bought for extremely low prices to keep a small amount of their coins , to cover the cost of their bitcoin losses , at the rate of the actual coins value .

So if someone manage to buy the scammers coins for say 2 btc, but bought , 200,000, them being able to keep 2btc's worth at what the real current market value of agora is or was before the scam .

This helps those out that lost potential bitcoin from the buyer and doesn't affect the market or share of the coin drastically
mr001

Activity: 260

https://i.imgur.com/anpUpg7.jpg

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 05:36:28 PM

breaking news: Dor is returning to me the 450K. he's doing it voluntarily.
Dor is a good man! Our problems are nearly solved.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:27:29 PM

I think Dor, the CEO of Synereo, has proven his character and moral fiber to us by his actions.  It is nice to know that there are still people who do the right thing regardless of the monetary consequences.  I hope Ohad compensates Dor for his losses.  We all are fortunate that it was Dor who purchased the mass majority of the stolen tokens.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
klosure

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:50:16 PM

A humbling example of integrity.
I'll remember it when Synereo's crowdsale starts.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:52:11 PM

A humbling example of integrity.
I'll remember it when Synereo's crowdsale starts.

Agreed. Hats off to Dor for this. Mad respect indeed. But I am not aware of any new crowdsale.
Shield

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:10:35 AM

ohad
did martinzester returned coins  Huh
if he did then how much coins he returned and how many total coins left
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 11:14:31 AM

ohad
did martinzester returned coins  Huh

he bought directly from the scammer over the counter, not on bittrex.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:24:53 PM

didnt follow every word in the suddenly active thread..

BUT- isnt the simplest solution, especially when Dor returned his coins is to just issue a new coin with 42M and distribute to all current holders other to the thief's account and other than any other account that coins were transferred from the thief's account. If someone else is hurt from this he can write a private to Ohad who is honest and accomodating and will check better this time I am sure.... but the questionable coins are very few now. or maybe this was the solution already...? :-)

Also- the never ending ICO is a detriment to the project. what is the point? announce a final month, get done with it and have newly interested people buy in - in the free market.

since there will only be 10M coins for example after the burn, the value of each will eventually increase and a real market will start including an increased value for the project's funds to be able to finance marketing and maybe more dev's to expedite some issues.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 03:34:19 PM

didnt follow every word in the suddenly active thread..

BUT- isnt the simplest solution, especially when Dor returned his coins is to just issue a new coin with 42M and distribute to all current holders other to the thief's account and other than any other account that coins were transferred from the thief's account. If someone else is hurt from this he can write a private to Ohad who is honest and accomodating and will check better this time I am sure.... but the questionable coins are very few now. or maybe this was the solution already...? :-)

yes, that's the solution indeed

Also- the never ending ICO is a detriment to the project. what is the point? announce a final month, get done with it and have newly interested people buy in - in the free market.

show me one decent tech startup that declared a date to end of funding Wink

since there will only be 10M coins for example after the burn, the value of each will eventually increase and a real market will start including an increased value for the project's funds to be able to finance marketing and maybe more dev's to expedite some issues.

but the project won't necessarily have the luxury of not spending the tokens before they reach the moon. we'll adjust the premine (and maybe other settings) in the future when it becomes more relevant

Tau-Chain & Agoras
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:58:26 PM

Ethereum, counterparty, NXT, Maidsafe etc etc etc. I would increase the percentage of coins kept for the project (besides for the devs) and AS INTEREST grows in the project, i.e. demand, so will the price increase since the supply will be limited. Right now you basically offer unlimited supply+ some previous buyers sell (many times lower than you) and this holds down a healthy supply and demand curve. Ending the ICO will mean that supply becomes limited and since the project progresses, value should increase as not many previous holders will sell anymore + new comers will create demand that with less supply will translate to better value.

but the project won't necessarily have the luxury of not spending the tokens before they reach the moon. we'll adjust the premine (and maybe other settings) in the future when it becomes more relevant
[/quote]

That's why i suggest that you increase the project's share and differentiate between this and your personal coin holdings. for example if the "project" keeps 20% of the final number in an audit-able and transparent fashion it should have sufficient funding for some time and especially if the ETH like scenario plays out-:the ETH foundation now has funding for 5 years. All from the 42 days pre sale. from 14 cents to 11 dollars (no touring complete ofcourse...). If they were continue to sell for 2 years the value would still be 14 cents.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:00:45 PM

Ethereum, counterparty, NXT, Maidsafe etc etc etc. I would increase the percentage of coins kept for the project (besides for the devs) and AS INTEREST grows in the project, i.e. demand, so will the price increase since the supply will be limited. Right now you basically offer unlimited supply+ some previous buyers sell (many times lower than you) and this holds down a healthy supply and demand curve. Ending the ICO will mean that supply becomes limited and since the project progresses, value should increase as not many previous holders will sell anymore + new comers will create demand that with less supply will translate to better value.

That's why i suggest that you increase the project's share and differentiate between this and your personal coin holdings. for example if the "project" keeps 20% of the final number in an audit-able and transparent fashion it should have sufficient funding for some time and especially if the ETH like scenario plays out-:the ETH foundation now has funding for 5 years. All from the 42 days pre sale. from 14 cents to 11 dollars (no touring complete ofcourse...). If they were continue to sell for 2 years the value would still be 14 cents.

wasted energy. I told him many times already... stubborn..
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 04:05:48 PM

my question was still accurate, but let's have a look at dev startups outside the crypto world (which usually offer more complicated and more reliable developments). there are very good reasons they behave this way. long term dev and support aren't trivial to achieve or predict, aside putting more value (features) into the products which never ends.
i put some more elaboration on this point at www.idni.org/blog/projectroadmap

[/quote]

That's why i suggest that you increase the project's share and differentiate between this and your personal coin holdings. for example if the "project" keeps 20% of the final number in an audit-able and transparent fashion it should have sufficient funding for some time and especially if the ETH like scenario plays out-:the ETH foundation now has funding for 5 years. All from the 42 days pre sale. from cents to 11 dollars (no touring complete ofcourse...). If they were continue to sell for 2 years the value would still be 14 cents.
[/quote]

this might make sense, but i think it's too soon. i think that after tau is ready and have a stable network we'll be much smarter, and also be able to make decisions collaboratively over tau (during the implementation of agoras).

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:11:19 PM

I think Dor, the CEO of Synereo, has proven his character and moral fiber to us by his actions.  It is nice to know that there are still people who do the right thing regardless of the monetary consequences.  I hope Ohad compensates Dor for his losses.  We all are fortunate that it was Dor who purchased the mass majority of the stolen tokens.

Agree 100%, i am glad everything worked out nicely. I would like to thank the dev of synereo for being an upstanding person, much respect.
martinzester

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:33:48 PM

ohad
did martinzester returned coins  Huh

he bought directly from the scammer over the counter, not on bittrex.
I have sent tokens to him yesterday when I found they were stolen tokens,I was getting into agoras but got scammed by someone who sold me those tokens.
kamvreto
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1157

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:00:57 PM

still cant close buy order at bittrex !!! Angry Angry

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 08:04:20 PM

still cant close buy order at bittrex !!! Angry Angry

i'm waiting for omni dev now for the distribution script. once it'll be ready, bittrex will get back alive right away. no latter than tomorrow, i hope

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: