Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2017, 02:21:06 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 237236 times)
James_H

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:44:16 PM

whether the currently available android wallet ?

Thanks before

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████▄▄
      ▄████▀▀          ▀▀█████▄
    ████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▄███▀                      ▀████
 ▄███                          ████
▄███                            ███▌
████                            ▐███
███▌                             ███
███▌                            ▐███
████         ▄▀▄  █  █▀▄        ███▌
 ████        █▀█  █  █▀▄      ▄████
  ████▄      █ █  █  █ █     ▄████
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█║█
║░║║
║░║║
█║█
█║█
║║░║
║║░║
█║█

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin-Qt, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohad

Activity: 871

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 03:18:29 PM

Thanks before

there exists this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.meshcollision.wallet.omnicoin
but i have no experience nor knowledge regarding it so don't take this as a recommendation

Tau-Chain & Agoras
James_H

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 05:03:48 PM

Thanks before

there exists this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.meshcollision.wallet.omnicoin
but i have no experience nor knowledge regarding it so don't take this as a recommendation

Oh...thanks mate!  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█║█
║░║║
║░║║
█║█
█║█
║║░║
║║░║
█║█

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mr001

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:52:17 AM

What about this project? It is similar to Ta-Chain?

https://www.bigchaindb.com/

ohad

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 09:01:02 AM

What about this project? It is similar to Ta-Chain?

https://www.bigchaindb.com/

it's similar to tau's dht layer.
can be viewed as some upgraded design of storj.
yet tau is mainly about running code, rather storing and reasoning over it which are important parts as well.
tau's code is written in rdf (facts and rules) which is "the new sql", and tau's reasoner is basically querying a database. so-called "rule engine". just existing rdf rule engines don't have MLTT logic, as they're Turing complete.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 09:08:19 AM

English translation of a Hebrew talk I gave on a Bitcoin conference recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utggm7cuGbo (enable subtitles)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
mr.coinzy

Activity: 445

For XEL tips: XEL-AS9S-WPBK-L5GZ-99V7Z

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

Great lecture!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
maco144

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:03:49 AM

That was indeed a fantastic lecture, thanks for posting.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge of semantic web at this point but will there be a way for developers who are familiar with other OO languages to write code into the tauchain? It seems like it would be a huge mainstream adoption hurdle to overcome if all people have to write/find in the RDF family. I understand that having provable code is the whole point of Tau and RDF allows that, I just see limitations if anyone who wants to adopt has to understand RDF to write it or create the requirements to check if it is already in the chain.

Other than dogma, is there a reason to make this a public project? What is stopping Ohad from going private with this once it gets close and keeping this incredible technology to a business of his own? I generally don't understand why this needs to have a public element to it at all other than having strong ideals.

I think Im going to gamble and invest a lot in this, the payoff is huge.
ohad

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 02:13:36 AM

That was indeed a fantastic lecture, thanks for posting.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge of semantic web at this point but will there be a way for developers who are familiar with other OO languages to write code into the tauchain? It seems like it would be a huge mainstream adoption hurdle to overcome if all people have to write/find in the RDF family. I understand that having provable code is the whole point of Tau and RDF allows that, I just see limitations if anyone who wants to adopt has to understand RDF to write it or create the requirements to check if it is already in the chain.

Other than dogma, is there a reason to make this a public project? What is stopping Ohad from going private with this once it gets close and keeping this incredible technology to a business of his own? I generally don't understand why this needs to have a public element to it at all other than having strong ideals.

I think Im going to gamble and invest a lot in this, the payoff is huge.

thanks, RDF doesn't have a decidable logic! it's tau's innovation to combine MLTT with RDF, which will allow provable code.
RDF is a family of languages, well known and one of the most widely used.
Tau is built in a way that it can have additional frontends, namely, every language will work as long as it is translated to triples/quads or equivalent.
the reason the project is public is that it is exactly what the project is about. it has nothing new to offer otherwise. more info is all around, but to name two posts: http://www.idni.org/blog/decentralized-democracy and www.idni.org/blog/projectroadmap

Tau-Chain & Agoras
BoscoMurray

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:33:40 AM

Ohad, when it comes time to create the Agoras token, would/could you consider CryptoNote? Perhaps a fork of Monero?
Pofick

Activity: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:13:06 PM

In Ethereum they have ConseSys group which consists of startups using smart contracts to build useful Dapps (decentralized applications). It is much more easier way to show the potential of the system to ordinary users or programmers. Are there any plans to create such start-ups which will use tau?

Try P2P serverless websites    << ZeroNet >>    No blockings, No censorship, dynamic content.    Forums, blogs, trackers, etc.
P2P-вебсайты без сервера    << ZeroNet >>    Без блокировок, без цензуры, динамич. контент.  Форумы, блоги, трекеры.
ohad

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:15:22 PM

Ohad, when it comes time to create the Agoras token, would/could you consider CryptoNote? Perhaps a fork of Monero?

first we have to know the mining scheme on tau that will be determined by the first users. this will reflect agoras' mining scheme

why not distribute coin in ICO?

what do you mean? the coin distribution is via bittrex or email

In Ethereum they have ConseSys group which consists of startups using smart contracts to build useful Dapps (decentralized applications). It is much more easier way to show the potential of the system to ordinary users or programmers. Are there any plans to create such start-ups which will use tau?

tau is here to revolutionize the world of software development, indeed

Tau-Chain & Agoras
BoscoMurray

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:42:46 PM

first we have to know the mining scheme on tau that will be determined by the first users. this will reflect agoras' mining scheme

I might not be understanding correctly, but I did not mean the mining algorithm. I was meaning, could you use the CryptoNote protocol to provide transaction privacy? Bitcoin is transparent, and this is not good. Sorry if I am mistaken.
ohad

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:45:18 PM

I might not be understanding correctly, but I did not mean the mining algorithm. I was meaning, could you use the CryptoNote protocol to provide transaction privacy? Bitcoin is transparent, and this is not good. Sorry if I am mistaken.

we do not plan to explicitly write this feature ourselves (though recently we had some interest in employing homomorphic encryption to the compiler's low level) but every such method could easily be implemented by the users, while fork is not necessary

Tau-Chain & Agoras
maco144

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:16:57 PM

Will it be possible to use tauchain to determine when and where something on the internet was first posted? And more advance then that, the source of all new content published to the internet could essentially be indexed / found? When you say that this will complete create the next generation of search engines, I am a little unclear on what it is about this project that allows it to do so. I like to dream big, but I dont understand the mechanics behind what is possible yet.
ohad

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 04:24:07 PM

Will it be possible to use tauchain to determine when and where something on the internet was first posted? And more advance then that, the source of all new content published to the internet could essentially be indexed / found? When you say that this will complete create the next generation of search engines, I am a little unclear on what it is about this project that allows it to do so. I like to dream big, but I dont understand the mechanics behind what is possible yet.

indeed, storing huge amounts of data is possible on tau's dht, while it can be timestamped securely and compactly on the blockchain. this is part of how we plan to replace google. the main bottleneck in competing with google is to have 1M computers like google has. a decentralized network may grow way beyond that.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
yufu571

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:01:35 AM

@ohad
I have bought some Agoras Token. some questions:
1) When and how can we get real coins?
2) What is the initial price of Agoras tokens? 0.0006+BTC?
3) How many Agoras tokens were sold?

ohad

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 09:52:06 AM

@ohad
I have bought some Agoras Token. some questions:
1) When and how can we get real coins?
2) What is the initial price of Agoras tokens? 0.0006+BTC?
3) How many Agoras tokens were sold?

hi,

1. the real coins are (by definition) only when agoras is ready. can take ~1y. we'll make an automated process of depositing the tokens and receiving the coins.
2. the sale began with 10 cents per token (prices in USD all along)
3. about 5M

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 10:44:02 AM

im removing the ask at .000465 from bittrex for a while (till Apr 1 or a few days later) in order to see how the market behaves without it

Tau-Chain & Agoras
yufu571

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:43:04 AM

im removing the ask at .000465 from bittrex for a while (till Apr 1 or a few days later) in order to see how the market behaves without it
It is not wise to manipulate the price in this way. Why not sell all the tokens in ICO way before traded at exchanges?
What you are doing is leading us suspect you just want to get more BTC in a bad way. You should focus on the project more than price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.