Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309537 times)
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:44:39 PM

Is there going to be some real Tau-Chain application in foreseeable future (2017 - beginning 2018) or it will be always just an academical talk? (no offense meant, it's just straight question)

it will always be just academic talk about tau, that's tau's whole point.
tau is a discussion about tau.
but our current discussion, like any other discussion in history, scales very poorly as the group size or information complexity is beyond some threshold.
to make it scale (i could almost say "perfectly"), we need a better discussion platform, even AI-enabled so to speak.
and this will very hopefully begin in 2017.

Not to be rude, but this comment makes the "launch" sound more like that of a forum, rather than a technology platform, along with the other comment about there being no blockchain/tangle/etc.

Fingers crossed this is just a general misunderstanding, since I bought a few and just got done putting them in cold storage  Cheesy Grin

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:14:02 PM

I understand your concern and I do agree with you in a lot of points, but there is no other project that I know is that interesting as Tau is, I also invested a significant amount of resources into Agoras, but I know that this project as disruptive it sounds has it's chances to never see the light and I'm  fine with it.

I've been following some other projects in the crypto world, and being doing some good profit "playing a little", but as far as I understand Tau is a game changer, if this success it will mean a lot.  But again, agree with you on the secrecy and I also would love to see something tangible. But like old good brandy, we may need to wait a little and I'm patient.

As an investor in this project I like it to succeed,  therefore I'm willing to help in all I can for it, maybe it's not too much but I'm here for the project.

Have you seen http://intuitionfabric.com ?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 08:27:19 PM

Is there going to be some real Tau-Chain application in foreseeable future (2017 - beginning 2018) or it will be always just an academical talk? (no offense meant, it's just straight question)

but our current discussion, like any other discussion in history, scales very poorly as the group size or information complexity is beyond some threshold.
to make it scale (i could almost say "perfectly"), we need a better discussion platform, even AI-enabled so to speak.

Not to be rude, but this comment makes the "launch" sound more like that of a forum, rather than a technology platform, along with the other comment about there being no blockchain/tangle/etc.

Fingers crossed this is just a general misunderstanding, since I bought a few and just got done putting them in cold storage  Cheesy Grin

indeed tau reduces to a self-defining discussion platform. with logic and reasoning and correct-by-construction and blockchain and everything as the old tau, but with some missing pieces. and the biggest missing piece, which shadows all others, is making discussions scale. i understand that my explanations are not good enough yet, this is also why the materials are not published yet.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
TraderNew

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:29:44 PM

Hi,

This is not Ohad Bittrex account's address, but mine.

In the past few weeks, I engaged with a few investors (not from the crypto-currency sphere), to invest in this amazing project.
The volume of investments increased significantly due to the rise of BTC price; therefore, to meet the demands I had to sell my profits (% of commissions that I gained from brokering these deals). The investors do not trade BTC, so I needed some BTCs to send to Ohad in exchange for the investors funds. Most of the sales were within the purchasing price range (as there are some brackets that Ohad previously posted), but I needed some BTC to maintain liquidity.

Most of the coins can be found in the following addresses (these are not my coins, but the investors'):
http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1MPT7kKfn3jJcL2f9MrBV2jPMr7rYY1R9E
http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1N8z2C5P73e6qd8feA5A67sqJzLzobA6zi
http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1PKWezfW5EnekKjpb6bG3zP11vF4DPB7jx

There is another address with a substantial amount of coins that I cannot publish, due to a specific investor's personal request.
*Please note that there is going to be another substantial investment (to purchase 600k AGRS), which is already covered with BTC and therefore will not affect the market.

On a personal note, I would like to mention that I invested in this project almost 3 years ago, when it was called Zennet.
I am holding mine and the investors' coins for the long run and I am sure that within 1-2 years, we will see a tremendous increase in Tau's value and Agoras' price.
Cibervision

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:30:59 PM

This moment is a great moment to buy more agoras, less than 10000 satoshis is an amazing price. In ten days the price is 4x or 10x  and end of july i think agoras will be min. at 1 dollar each, on november at 3 dollar

The cryptorace dont start untill tauchain will be released. Take your seat , some snacks and drink and enjoy the journey. If all go well we 'll be at the right place in the right moment. Hold your agoras, promote tauchain where you can.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:41:56 PM

Fingers crossed this is just a general misunderstanding, since I bought a few and just got done putting them in cold storage  Cheesy Grin

Thank you Ohad, this is a little reassuring.

indeed tau reduces to a self-defining discussion platform. with logic and reasoning and correct-by-construction and blockchain and everything as the old tau, but with some missing pieces. and the biggest missing piece, which shadows all others, is making discussions scale. i understand that my explanations are not good enough yet, this is also why the materials are not published yet.

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
bontol72

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:29:49 AM

Hi,

This is not Ohad Bittrex account's address, but mine.

In the past few weeks, I engaged with a few investors (not from the crypto-currency sphere), to invest in this amazing project.
The volume of investments increased significantly due to the rise of BTC price; therefore, to meet the demands I had to sell my profits (% of commissions that I gained from brokering these deals). The investors do not trade BTC, so I needed some BTCs to send to Ohad in exchange for the investors funds. Most of the sales were within the purchasing price range (as there are some brackets that Ohad previously posted), but I needed some BTC to maintain liquidity.

Most of the coins can be found in the following addresses (these are not my coins, but the investors'):
http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1MPT7kKfn3jJcL2f9MrBV2jPMr7rYY1R9E
http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1N8z2C5P73e6qd8feA5A67sqJzLzobA6zi
http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1PKWezfW5EnekKjpb6bG3zP11vF4DPB7jx

There is another address with a substantial amount of coins that I cannot publish, due to a specific investor's personal request.
*Please note that there is going to be another substantial investment (to purchase 600k AGRS), which is already covered with BTC and therefore will not affect the market.

On a personal note, I would like to mention that I invested in this project almost 3 years ago, when it was called Zennet.
I am holding mine and the investors' coins for the long run and I am sure that within 1-2 years, we will see a tremendous increase in Tau's value and Agoras' price.

I too can create a new account and say that it's my coins .........
kerneloshka

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:25:32 AM

Question, regardless owing the private keys:

What are the other advantages to have  my AGRS in Omniwallet rather than Bittrex.com ?
TraderNew

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:54:31 AM

I too can create a new account and say that it's my coins .........

I truly understand your point.
Just note that in addition to security and privacy issues, I cannot provide my name due to tax implications associated with such transactions. I will not risk being audited by the authorities (as some of the investors will submit capital declarations).
minerium

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:24:56 AM

Hello, Ohad!

Do you still reply to pre-sale requests?

Thank you!
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 10:37:26 AM

Hello, Ohad!

Thank you!

yes. cant wait for next month. apologies for the late responses everyone

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 11:13:14 AM

note that the address http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1DUb2YYbQA1jjaNYzVXLZ7ZioEhLXtbUru
 is just bittrex wallet. no one holds ~5m tokens.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
TraderNew

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:04:13 PM

note that the address http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1DUb2YYbQA1jjaNYzVXLZ7ZioEhLXtbUru
 is just bittrex wallet. no one holds ~5m tokens.

Just for the record, this is not my address.
I provided 3/4 of the addresses that I manage, and there is another one with around 300K coins.
victorserrano

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:47:51 PM

Hi Ohad, Can you explain to me why turing full is not as functional as the technology that TAU will use? Thank you.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 04:53:19 PM

Hi Ohad, Can you explain to me why turing full is not as functional as the technology that TAU will use? Thank you.

the problem is really that it is too functional.
can think of it in the following way:
i could say some simple idea in a very fancy and complicated language that'd make the idea not only impossible to understand, but to not even contain enough information to explain itself.
for a mathematical example, whenever i use arithmetic to express my ideas, i give up the way to answer all questions, due to godel's incompleteness theorem.
it is impolite to say something in an undecidable language (turing complete) if one can say it in a decidable language (which must be restricted comparing to turing complete languages) and by that the listeners can in principle have answers to all relevant questions.
this has far reaching consequences. for an example about turing completeness' undecidablity and security, cf this lecture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEfedtQVOY

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 05:40:11 PM

Will we going see another speech vid ohad. Or something for new interview, it will be good for watch Cool

yes is planned

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 05:36:22 PM

which price will you rise to?> *10 on next month?

we'll see in a few days

Tau-Chain & Agoras
xenon108

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:34:10 AM

Hello, Ohad!

Thank you!

Since you are not responding to pre-sale  inquiries Ohad [I sent from your website content as well as an email] I figure you are quite busy in the current environment. Would be good to offer those who tried to contact for a pre-sale now to get the current price: rather than the price increase which will go in effect in July.

Sound fair?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 07:44:48 AM

Hello, Ohad!

Thank you!

Since you are not responding to pre-sale  inquiries Ohad [I sent from your website content as well as an email] I figure you are quite busy in the current environment. Would be good to offer those who tried to contact for a pre-sale now to get the current price: rather than the price increase which will go in effect in July.

Sound fair?

im getting back to everyone. just slowly

Tau-Chain & Agoras
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:26:00 AM

Price is currently @ 0.00012200 bittrex

Are you planning to soon increase the supply at this price, lower or higher?

If it is lower do we contact you directly or do you have a request redeem procedure?

Sorry if this is all mentioned but i hope for just a summary page to refer to...

What amount is there of the Agoras coin?

How many currently released?

Future releases are based on what? Are they scheduled or random?

Is it correct that more ICOs will occur after the whitepaper is released?

After whitepaper what is a simple roadmap of technical products releases?

Sorry to mention this but as the team split and the majority of devs went to a competing platform - Autonomic with HunterMinerCrafter -

I have read the debates above but...

HunterMinerCrafter has indicated that your claims are absurd and meaningless.

Is this communication misunderstanding or you both understand each other well but simply disagree on the method?

Can you in broad simple terms explain his idea can you explain your idea...

Can you elucidate the differences - benefits - negatives - risks to a high school grad Smiley

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: