Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901264 times)
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 05:32:45 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 06:06:27 PM by BitNow

Fuck: I always forget that CT is in there.

He's not Jesus Christ, he's a man.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:10:01 PM

Jesus is the only way for salvation.
We know that Jesus is the Savior.

Jesus said that all you have to do is love God and love your neighbor:
"There is none other commandment greater than these", "this do, and thou shalt live."

He did not give any commandments that said "I am your personal savior", or anything like that, so do not even bother with that for it is not of God.

Jesus said you will live if you follow his New Commandment. You dare to contradict him?
1aguar

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:16:51 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 06:32:33 PM by 1aguar

If there is any truth in the Bible, BADecker fails to understand it, for he chooses belief in a "savior" and denies the written statement of one named Emmanuel who stated: "There is none other commandment greater than these", "this do, and thou shalt live."

The point is that God brought the Bible into being so that the world could understand the truth.
The history and content of the Bible show that it can't exist... but it does.
Wrong, BADecker; your book has been modified by man throughout the ages. Look at how you twist logic to say that God didn't do his job right the first time around:

Scholars agree that the ending of Mark was added to the gospel of Mark long after the gospel of Mark was written, it was added by man, so this alone proves that part of the bible was written by man, therefore it cannot be an impossible book, i.e. one written entirely by GOD.
Scholars didn't get into God's mind to see that He wanted that ending in there, so He had it added later.

Wow, how convenient! No need to think, just believe that all of history aligns to your worldview and your magical thinking.

Contrast this wishful thinking with Phoenix Journals which were scribed very recently;
Fact is that this Grandmother managed to write a 200-page book EVERY 3 WEEKS FOR YEARS, hundreds of books in total.  How was this prodigious output, covering such a wide range of topics, possible?  Please do not be too quick to reject the truthful answer, that she scribed DIRECTLY for our Heavenly Father, exactly as stated.  There probably has NEVER been a scribe so well connected — including all of the great ones acknowledged in all of the holy books.

Introduction to the writings:
 http://phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/gch.html
1aguar

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:44:40 PM

If anyone is Christian, they should be respectful at all times, and love everyone as they would themselves.

If they aren't trying (to not sin), then they aren't Christian.

Spot on, MMH; Jesus said it is enough if you love your neighbor and love God, and that means that you have to love everyone and (try to) stop sinning, exactly as you have stated.

So, I am confused when you tell me:
Jesus saves us, and demons have to bow down to Him. We are not a god. Your teachings are not Christian.

I am confused for two reasons:
1) I learned about the importance of obeying God's Law and the New Commandment from the Phoenix Project writings, so apparently they DO provide a Christian teaching. Is it not enough for you that these writings teach the truth of the two commandments that Jesus gave us?
2) You say that Jesus saves us, but Jesus gave this command: "There is none other commandment greater than these", "this do, and thou shalt live", so there is no other requirement in order to be a Christian, and you do NOT need a savior in order to have life. It seems to me that Jesus showed us the path, but he himself was not that path. Would you agree?

Oh dear, I thought we had agreed on an important point, but then I went back and realized that there are some apparent contradictions that confuse me; I hope you can help straighten this out and show a little love to your neighbor as he is helpless to understand all that you have said here, in spite of our agreement.
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 07:01:30 PM

"There is none other commandment greater than these", "this do, and thou shalt live."

He did not give any commandments that said "I am your personal savior", or anything like that, so do not even bother with that for it is not of God.

Jesus said you will live if you follow his New Commandment. You dare to contradict him?

If there is any truth in the Bible, BADecker fails to understand it, for he chooses belief in a "savior" and denies the written statement of one named Emmanuel who stated: "There is none other commandment greater than these", "this do, and thou shalt live."

The point is that God brought the Bible into being so that the world could understand the truth.
The history and content of the Bible show that it can't exist... but it does.
Wrong, BADecker; your book has been modified by man throughout the ages. Look at how you twist logic to say that God didn't do his job right the first time around:

Scholars agree that the ending of Mark was added to the gospel of Mark long after the gospel of Mark was written, it was added by man, so this alone proves that part of the bible was written by man, therefore it cannot be an impossible book, i.e. one written entirely by GOD.
Scholars didn't get into God's mind to see that He wanted that ending in there, so He had it added later.

Wow, how convenient! No need to think, just believe that all of history aligns to your worldview and your magical thinking.

Contrast this wishful thinking with Phoenix Journals which were scribed very recently;
Fact is that this Grandmother managed to write a 200-page book EVERY 3 WEEKS FOR YEARS, hundreds of books in total.  How was this prodigious output, covering such a wide range of topics, possible?  Please do not be too quick to reject the truthful answer, that she scribed DIRECTLY for our Heavenly Father, exactly as stated.  There probably has NEVER been a scribe so well connected — including all of the great ones acknowledged in all of the holy books.

Introduction to the writings:
 http://phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/gch.html

If anyone is Christian, they should be respectful at all times, and love everyone as they would themselves.

Spot on, MMH; Jesus said it is enough if you love your neighbor and love God, and that means that you have to love everyone and (try to) stop sinning, exactly as you have stated.

Jesus saves us, and demons have to bow down to Him. We are not a god. Your teachings are not Christian.

1) I learned about the importance of obeying God's Law and the New Commandment from the Phoenix Project writings, so apparently they DO provide a Christian teaching. Is it not enough for you that these writings teach the truth of the two commandments that Jesus gave us?
2) You say that Jesus saves us, but Jesus gave this command: "There is none other commandment greater than these", "this do, and thou shalt live", so there is no other requirement in order to be a Christian, and you do NOT need a savior in order to have life. It seems to me that Jesus showed us the path, but he himself was not that path. Would you agree?

Oh dear, I thought we had agreed on an important point, but then I went back and realized that there are some apparent contradictions that confuse me; I hope you can help straighten this out and show a little love to your neighbor as he is helpless to understand all that you have said here, in spite of our agreement.

You are brainwashed.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:12:35 PM

1aguar the 2 commandments Jesus told us to follow are here:

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You think you are god, and that everyone is god and you, yourself can save yourself.

This is not loving the Lord thy God with all thy heart! That is loving yourself over God, the creator of us.

The problem with religion is that it attempts to separate the human from God;
God resides within you,
everyone is capable of following the golden rule, it is ingrained into human consciousness.
All monotheists acknowledge only ONE God, so they are really all talking about the same intelligence as described by Anthony Flew above.

The Holy Spirit is inside of us, but we are not God.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

We (everyone) have been bought for a price, Jesus dying on the cross FOR US. We, Christians, do NOT deny the Lord died for us and we could not be free without Jesus.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:14:46 PM

Thank you for finally agreeing with the Bible. Now show me the person who does the two great laws.

You can't. There isn't one... except Jesus. Jesus is the only righteous One. He is the only One Who obeyed those laws perfectly. Jesus is the only One Who did what the Father asked. Nobody else. Only Jesus.

How many people will be saved by obeying the two laws? Only One. Only Jesus. Why? Because He is the only One Who will have ever obeyed those two laws perfectly. And the thing that God requires is perfection.

So, how will anybody else be saved? There is only one way that anybody else will be saved. They won't be saved by obeying, because they didn't and won't obey perfectly like the Father requires. They will only be saved if Jesus asks the Father to let them be saved.

Why will they be saved if Jesus asks God to let them be saved? Because Jesus perfectly obeyed the laws, and that gives Him the right to ask for anything. The Father will listen to Jesus when Jesus asks, because Jesus is the only One Who has the right to ask, because Jesus is righteous and nobody else is.

So, who will Jesus ask the Father to save? Isn't it all the people who believe that Jesus is the Savior? No man/woman gets to the Father any other way than through Jesus. Jesus said, "No man comes to the Father but by Me."

Do you want to be saved? You better plead with Jesus Christ to let you be saved. Why? Because Jesus is the only One Who is worthy to ask the Father to let you be saved. You can't and won't obey the two laws perfectly. Only Jesus did and can do that. Only Jesus is acceptable by the Father... only Jesus and anyone that Jesus asks the Father on behalf of.

Will Jesus ask the Father on your behalf? He might. But you better plead with Him to do so. Because if you die today, and you haven't gotten Jesus's approval before the Father, Jesus just might not approve of you before the Father. So get down on your hands and knees and beg Jesus to ask the Father to let you in.

If you do this sincerely - beg Jesus to ask the Father to let you in - Jesus WILL do it. But don't turn away from Jesus any longer. Because if you reject Jesus after you accepted Him, there is no going back.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
1aguar

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:34:47 PM

Jesus is the only righteous One. He is the only One Who obeyed those laws perfectly. Jesus is the only One Who did what the Father asked. Nobody else. Only Jesus.

It's not true, because Abraham, Moses, Daniel, etc. were all righteous.

He did not give any commandments that said "I am your personal savior", or anything like that. He gave one commandment, and told you to follow him in his teaching because HE was on the way to the Father.

He came to show us the way, but he was not the way itself. He said the Kingdom of God is within YOU, not within "Jesus"; he said you must do your works in the light, not sit at home "believing" and waiting for rapture. It is so convenient for you and MMH to totally ignore that he said "the Kingdom of God is within you".
1aguar

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:41:22 PM

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Right, so my questions to you are:
1) Is it not enough for you that these writings teach the truth of the two commandments that Jesus gave us?
2) Did Jesus not state "thou shalt live", which means that there is no other requirement in order to be a Christian?

You think you are god, and that everyone is god and you, yourself can save yourself.

This is not loving the Lord thy God with all thy heart! That is loving yourself over God, the creator of us.
I love not self over God's Law of goodness, for without God I am nothing, but God resides within me so I must acknowledge that I have the power to obey what he has written upon my heart. When you realize who you are, that is when you start taking responsibility for obeying God, for listening to God who resides within you, for listening to your heart!!

God resides within you,
everyone is capable of following the golden rule, it is ingrained into human consciousness.
All monotheists acknowledge only ONE God, so they are really all talking about the same intelligence as described by Anthony Flew above.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

We (everyone) have been bought for a price, Jesus dying on the cross FOR US. We, Christians, do NOT deny the Lord died for us and we could not be free without Jesus.
That is a teaching of Paul, it is not the teaching of Jesus.
Jesus did not give any commandments that said "I am your personal savior", or that he died on the cross for you, or anything like that. He gave one commandment, and told you to follow him in his teaching because HE was on the way to the Father. He came to show us the path, but he was not the path itself.
I don't need a go-between or authority figure, I know that God resides within me!
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:15:51 PM

Jesus is the only righteous One. He is the only One Who obeyed those laws perfectly. Jesus is the only One Who did what the Father asked. Nobody else. Only Jesus.

He did not give any commandments that said "I am your personal savior", or anything like that. He gave one commandment, and told you to follow him in his teaching because HE was on the way to the Father.

He came to show us the way, but he was not the way itself. He said the Kingdom of God is within YOU, not within "Jesus"; he said you must do your works in the light, not sit at home "believing" and waiting for rapture. It is so convenient for you and MMH to totally ignore that he said "the Kingdom of God is within you".

The Lord gave us predictions that Jesus would come to save us. Before Jesus came, they had to sacrifice/spill blood to get clean. When Jesus came, they stopped doing the sacrifices because Jesus WAS OUR SACRIFICE. His blood is what gets us clean. If you do not get covered by His grace, you are not clean.

The Holy Spirit is inside of us.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price : therefore glorify God in your body.

Jesus Christ was the sacrifice and so if you are clean (by believing in Jesus and getting the Holy Spirit), your body is now a temple of God.

Jesus was the sacrifice, we are just a temple.

1) Is it not enough for you that these writings teach the truth of the two commandments that Jesus gave us?
2) Did Jesus not state "thou shalt live", which means that there is no other requirement in order to be a Christian?

1) It is enough. You're breaking it by not loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul by denying that Jesus had to die to be the sacrifice for us to get clean.
2) Yes, if you would love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul.

I love not self over God's Law of goodness, for without God I am nothing, but God resides within me so I must acknowledge that I have the power to obey what he has written upon my heart. When you realize who you are, that is when you start taking responsibility for obeying God, for listening to God who resides within you, for listening to your heart!!

God resides within you,

Jesus did not give any commandments that said "I am your personal savior", or that he died on the cross for you, or anything like that. He gave one commandment, and told you to follow him in his teaching because HE was on the way to the Father. He came to show us the path, but he was not the path itself.
I don't need a go-between or authority figure, I know that God resides within me!

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The bible clearly says people need a sacrifice to get clean, Jesus was this sacrifice (a gift from God), and we need to believe in Him to get it.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The will is to Love the Lord with all our hearts, mind and soul, and believe in Him. If you doubt His word, you doubt Him.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:24:59 PM

Abraham and the others believed God, and it was considered righteousness for them.

You don't know that Jesus never gave a particular command. Why? Because Jesus said many more things in His life than what is written in the Bible.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me."

When Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is or comes within you, He was talking to those who believed in Him for salvation.

Many people who do their works do it in the light that they have in their homes. Consider that I am using light to do my work of contacting you through this forum.

If you do not accept Jesus as your Savior, you do not have the Kingdom of God within you.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:59:53 PM

John 15:19: "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own." So you see that the world can love, even though it has nothing to do with Jesus.

Jesus stated many things. Out of context they can be twisted to mean anything. Neither you nor any other man, woman or child keeps the law perfectly, the requirement to live. If you keep the law quite well from now on because Jesus told you to, then you are believing in Jesus. He will judge whether or not it is enough faith in Him so that you can live.

The raising of Lazarus, John 11:41-43:
"So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, 'Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.'

"When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, 'Lazarus, come out!'"

Jesus has been sent by the Father, and is God in the flesh, John 12:44-50
Then Jesus cried out, “When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

“As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

Whoever enters through Jesus will be saved - John 10:7-10:
Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

You are badly mistaken. You are trying to destroy the work of God that God set up in Jesus... you and your demons who put together the Phoenix Journals.

God resides within you,

As has been said, when you look at the writings of Paul, he formally upholds the things of Jesus. The reason there appears to be a difference at times is, Paul is giving many explanations of the way that things work that Jesus didn't express. Also, Paul is talking to Gentile people. These people understand things differently than the Jews. He has to speak their language.

Smiley

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 11:52:15 PM

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 01:30:38 AM

Wow, just wow.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 01:33:28 AM

Well of course.  Our own personal god resides within all of us.

It would be stupid to make up a god and not have him reside within you...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
1aguar

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:08:05 AM

1) It is enough. You're breaking it by not loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul by denying that Jesus had to die to be the sacrifice for us to get clean.
Let me first say that it is good that you think that this teaching in the Journals is sufficient as per the commandments that Jesus gave us, and that it is in harmony with those commandments; we agree on a lot, and even if you suspect my teachings come from demons, you cannot deny that they are identical in this respect and therefore sufficient to bring me life, as Jesus said.

Brother, I do not believe that someone else can be responsible for my obeying the Laws ("getting clean"), nor do I think that anyone else can perform sacrifice to appease God on my behalf, I think all of that is just magical thinking, you can't say that someone else has taken responsibility for you because YOU have to stand responsible for obeying the laws, you cannot just "sit there" and believe in a "savior" because then nothing will get done and there is no magic that will bring about these Godly works that are required. Similarly, you cannot have a "savior" for this nation called America; each and every citizen must be responsible for saving the nation, and no one wo/man can do it alone.

I love to acquire knowledge, and it is that curiosity that led me to the Phoenix Journals. Fortunately, these writings led me to the truth, which is no different from the New Commandment given to us in the Bible. There was no commandment to "believe that I am your savior". If this "savior" doctrine was the real teaching, it would have come before the New Commandment and it would have been stated explicitly, many times, in each of the Gospels, and not in the writings of a man who never knew Jesus. Plus, Jesus would have admitted that he is the Son of God at his trial, since God has no mysticism nor hidden agenda—God is open.

The bible clearly says people need a sacrifice to get clean, Jesus was this sacrifice (a gift from God), and we need to believe in Him to get it.
I doubt many things in your Bible, like the story of the attempted sacrifice of the child Isaac; are we to suppose that God will terrorize children in order to teach their fathers a lesson? The Bible has been modified by man (especially that one man named Saul of Tarsus), so I am suspicious of most of it, but I think we have already pointed out the most important lesson, called the New Commandment. The point is this: MAN'S DOCTRINES WILL NOT GET YOUR TICKET HOME.

Love does not require sacrifice; just love God and love your neighbor (as best you can), then you will live and there is no need for anything else. Emmanuel did not EVER ONCE suggest he was your SAVIOR. MAN HAS PROJECTED THAT LIE UPON YOU TO KEEP YOU FROM FINDING YOUR TRUTH WITHIN GOD.
1aguar

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:15:20 AM

Well of course.  Our own personal god resides within all of us.

It would be stupid to make up a god and not have him reside within you...

New developments in quantum physics show that we cannot know phenomena apart from the observer.
You think that all gods are made up, but you are very far from proving this.
Also, The burden of proof has shifted to skeptics of an afterlife. You are very far from proving anything at all!
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:15:45 AM

Let me first say that it is good that you think that this teaching in the Journals is sufficient as per the commandments that Jesus gave us, and that it is in harmony with those commandments; we agree on a lot, and even if you suspect my teachings come from demons, you cannot deny that they are identical in this respect and therefore sufficient to bring me life, as Jesus said.

Brother, I do not believe that someone else can be responsible for my obeying the Laws ("getting clean"), nor do I think that anyone else can perform sacrifice to appease God on my behalf, I think all of that is just magical thinking, you can't say that someone else has taken responsibility for you because YOU have to stand responsible for obeying the laws, you cannot just "sit there" and believe in a "savior" because then nothing will get done and there is no magic that will bring about these Godly works that are required. Similarly, you cannot have a "savior" for this nation called America; each and every citizen must be responsible for saving the nation, and no one wo/man can do it alone.

I love to acquire knowledge, and it is that curiosity that led me to the Phoenix Journals. Fortunately, these writings led me to the truth, which is no different from the New Commandment given to us in the Bible. There was no commandment to "believe that I am your savior". If this "savior" doctrine was the real teaching, it would have come before the New Commandment and it would have been stated explicitly, many times, in each of the Gospels, and not in the writings of a man who never knew Jesus. Plus, Jesus would have admitted that he is the Son of God at his trial, since God has no mysticism nor hidden agenda—God is open.

I doubt many things in your Bible, like the story of the attempted sacrifice of the child Isaac; are we to suppose that God will terrorize children in order to teach their fathers a lesson? The Bible has been modified by man (especially that one man named Saul of Tarsus), so I am suspicious of most of it, but I think we have already pointed out the most important lesson, called the New Commandment. The point is this: MAN'S DOCTRINES WILL NOT GET YOUR TICKET HOME.

Love does not require sacrifice; just love God and love your neighbor (as best you can), then you will live and there is no need for anything else. Emmanuel did not EVER ONCE suggest he was your SAVIOR. MAN HAS PROJECTED THAT LIE UPON YOU TO KEEP YOU FROM FINDING YOUR TRUTH WITHIN GOD.

Like I said, we're not going to agree on this. I believe God needs a blood sacrifice, and they did in the past, and Jesus was our blood sacrifice, and now we're clean of sin for free. But since we believe that He did that for us, we will do the commandments.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on who's our savior. I say Jesus, you say yourself.
1aguar

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:31:31 AM

MMH,
It's too bad we can't agree completely, because we did agree on a lot...
Quote from: 1aguar
even if you suspect my teachings come from demons, you cannot deny that they are identical in this respect and therefore sufficient to bring me life, as Jesus said.

You say you disagree, but you are only speaking from your interpretation of the Bible,
Let's use reason instead of trusting an ancient book with our souls.

I think we should use the question format again:
1) Is there any point at which Jesus suggests that he is anyone's "SAVIOR"?
2) If that teaching was so important, why was it not repeated explicitly, again and again?
3) If it is only repeated by Man, and it was never stated by Jesus; why should we accept it?
4) Jesus taught the New Commandment (his ONE COMMAND), and he never once suggested he was your "savior", so why this false, projected Commandment to "believe in the 'savior'"?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:33:11 AM

Also, The burden of proof has shifted to skeptics of an afterlife.

No it hasn't.

It's up to you to prove there is an afterlife, not for us to prove there isn't one.

That's like trying to prove there isn't a tooth fairy.  Or an easter bunny.  Can you prove those things don't exist? 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: