Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:46:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:35:03 AM

Anyone care to explain how to mine this ?     Taek obviously doesn't give a shit..

run the wallet, then run the gpu miner.
it's that simple.
it doesn't work for everybody, though, and the linux+mac version is slower than windows.
it looks like diff is rising 'cause I can't find blocks for many hours now.
besides, how to get the current difficulty? "siac status" returns a list of numbers I can't understand.

Code:
C:\Users\Michael>C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\sia-gpu-miner-win64\sia-gpu-miner.exe
Failed to load kernel.

Whats next ?

Thanks for the answer tho..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoBit

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:45:49 AM

I am getting about 112 MH/s on a R9 280x. Any chance to mine a block with that?

Bitrated user: nobit.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:47:59 AM

Anyone care to explain how to mine this ?     Taek obviously doesn't give a shit..

it's that simple.
it doesn't work for everybody, though, and the linux+mac version is slower than windows.
besides, how to get the current difficulty? "siac status" returns a list of numbers I can't understand.

Code:
Failed to load kernel.

Whats next ?

try using this cl file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/cccc1b54e7396718128dcc1e8923e19c84e98900/gpu-miner.cl

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:49:16 AM

I am getting about 112 MH/s on a R9 280x. Any chance to mine a block with that?

I'm getting half that on linux miner.
A bit more by fiddling with old git commits.
Please cleanup that souces!

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:56:56 AM

it's that simple.

Code:
Failed to load kernel.

Whats next ?

try using this cl file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/cccc1b54e7396718128dcc1e8923e19c84e98900/gpu-miner.cl

Thanks man, starting mining..

Is that considered as solo mining and my chances of finding a block and getting reward are low ?   How does it work ?
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:13:23 AM

Anyone care to explain how to mine this ?     Taek obviously doesn't give a shit..

Anyone care to explain how to mine this ?     Taek obviously doesn't give a shit..

+1

WOW. Forgive me for only working 90 hour weeks and sleeping once in a while.

There's a README in the mining downloads.

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/tag/v1.0

We are not GPU programmers. We threw together the GPU miner at the last minute because a third party had developed FPGA mining for siacoin to the tune of 500 CPUs. Without an emergency gpu client he would have been able to 51% the network. We're sorry that not everyone was able to use the gpu miner at launch.

If you have cleanup or fixes, please pull request them. We are trying to fix things but GPU code is outside of our wheelbase.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:19:39 AM

+1

WOW. Forgive me for only working 90 hour weeks and sleeping once in a while.

There's a README in the mining downloads.

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/tag/v1.0

We are not GPU programmers. We threw together the GPU miner at the last minute because a third party had developed FPGA mining for siacoin to the tune of 500 CPUs. Without an emergency gpu client he would have been able to 51% the network. We're sorry that not everyone was able to use the gpu miner at launch.

If you have cleanup or fixes, please pull request them. We are trying to fix things but GPU code is outside of our wheelbase.

Getting this on windows 7 64 bit with miner:
Code:
D:\Siacoin\Miner>Sia_GPU-Miner

Error -11: Failed to build program executable [ ]
Build Status: CL_BUILD_ERROR
Build Options:
Build Log:
:96:1: error: invalid storage-class specifiers in OpenCL
static inline ulong load64( __private const void *src )
^
:101:1: error: invalid storage-class specifiers in OpenCL
static inline void store64( __private void *dst, __private ulong w )
^
:106:1: error: invalid storage-class specifiers in OpenCL
static inline ulong rotr64( __private const ulong w, __private const unsigned c
)
^
:136:1: error: invalid storage-class specifiers in OpenCL
static int blake2b_compress( __private blake2b_state *S, __private const uchar b
lock[BLAKE2B_BLOCKBYTES] )
^
4 diagnostics generated.

error: front end compiler failed build.

Where is the problem?
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:21:14 AM

Hey Taek, sorry for that.

A couple of us have an issue with GPU crashing and are interested how to lower the intensity. If that's even the main problem, we don't know. The error we get is:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" tray message few seconds after running sia-gpu-miner.exe (with the edited gpu-miner.cl file)
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:26:00 AM

Still getting this:

Code:
D:\Distrib\Siacoin\sia-gpu-miner-win64>sia_gpu-miner
failed to get Device IDs: -1

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 10:27:51 AM

we are testing the miner on one of our amd systems ( 4 x gigabyte 280x oc ) and will be testing on the nvidia machines soon ( 6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp ) but are fast running out of time to start the test ...

are there any hints as to how the gpu miner should operate - with regards to options or parameters that are required ...

tanx ...

btw - we are running all of them on linux ( fedora 19 x64 and 20 x64 ) ...

#crysx

Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:36:24 AM

we are testing the miner on one of our amd systems ( 4 x gigabyte 280x oc ) and will be testing on the nvidia machines soon ( 6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp ) but are fast running out of time to start the test ...

are there any hints as to how the gpu miner should operate - with regards to options or parameters that are required ...

tanx ...

#crysx

It should be sufficient to just run the binary. You need to have the '.cl' file in the same folder as the miner. If you are getting an error, please post the output here: http://forum.siacoin.com/index.php?topic=21.0

This thread is getting pretty crowded so we made our own for people to post in a more organized way.

We pushed an update to the miner around 12 hours ago. I don't think we fixed a lot of the problems, but it should work better for at least a few of the people.

A couple of us have an issue with GPU crashing and are interested how to lower the intensity. If that's even the main problem, we don't know. The error we get is:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" tray message few seconds after running sia-gpu-miner.exe (with the edited gpu-miner.cl file)

When did you download the miner? We pushed out an update that should solve the display driver problem here: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases

Those changes were made ~12 hours ago. There's no config file yet to manually adjust the intensity, it's something we can probably have in a week or two.

Code:

Build Options:
Build Log:
^
^
)
^
static int blake2b_compress( __private blake2b_state *S, __private const uchar b
^
4 diagnostics generated.

Where is the problem?

Are you sure that you are using OpenCL? It looks like the compiler/card is not recognizing the code. Most card can support OpenCL but yours may be running in CUDA instead.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 10:41:58 AM

tanx ...

#crysx

It should be sufficient to just run the binary. You need to have the '.cl' file in the same folder as the miner. If you are getting an error, please post the output here: http://forum.siacoin.com/index.php?topic=21.0

This thread is getting pretty crowded so we made our own for people to post in a more organized way.

We pushed an update to the miner around 12 hours ago. I don't think we fixed a lot of the problems, but it should work better for at least a few of the people.

When did you download the miner? We pushed out an update that should solve the display driver problem here: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases

Those changes were made ~12 hours ago. There's no config file yet to manually adjust the intensity, it's something we can probably have in a week or two.

Code:

Build Options:
Build Log:
^
^
)
^
^
4 diagnostics generated.

Where is the problem?

Are you sure that you are using OpenCL? It looks like the compiler/card is not recognizing the code. Most card can support OpenCL but yours may be running in CUDA instead.

ive just downloaded the binary and will get cracking on it tomorrow taek ... we have both nvidia and amd cards - so the questions are simply this ...

does the miner recognize the difference ( or does it need to )? ...
does the miner recognize the multiple cards in the system? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:47:49 AM

ive just downloaded the binary and will get cracking on it tomorrow taek ... we have both nvidia and amd cards - so the questions are simply this ...

does the miner recognize the difference ( or does it need to )? ...
does the miner recognize the multiple cards in the system? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

The miner only looks for OpenCL cards, it shouldn't matter whether they are amd or nvidia.

The miner does not recognize multiple cards on the same machine. We're not sure how to accomplish this, and probably won't have that feature ready for a few weeks. If you know anyone who wants to help with that, we're eager to work with them.
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:54:29 AM

Taek, thanks for all your efforts for this project. Good job keep it up!

Questions...

1. Does the hosting take bandwith into any consideration? Say if someone is hosting for really low price contracts, but limits their upload speed very low so that clients can't practically download their stuff, but the host still gets the contracts and the rewards because he's/her's contract price are really low? How is this problem solved?

2. Currently the hosting don't seem to be working for many of us with that port forward issue or is that fixed already? Please post instructions on OP when solved.

Thanks

Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:03:57 AM

My miner just says "Device max compute units : 18" but nothing about finding blocks , hashrate intensity etc , I think it is not mining since my computer has the same speed as before , how do i get it to start mining ?

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:18:11 AM

There has to be some hashmonster mining now, it's very rare I find blocks with my 169 MH/s anymore...

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:22:37 AM

About hashrate: I think the windows precompiled miner looks faster but it's actually wrong hashrate calculation: it's using an older version of the sources which used an inaccurate clock source.
About pulling my changes to git: I can do it if you wish, or I can keep a separate testing/optimisation tree.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:23:17 AM

bump!

Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:29:59 AM

Taek, thanks for all your efforts for this project. Good job keep it up!

Questions...

1. Does the hosting take bandwith into any consideration? Say if someone is hosting for really low price contracts, but limits their upload speed very low so that clients can't practically download their stuff, but the host still gets the contracts and the rewards because he's/her's contract price are really low? How is this problem solved?

2. Currently the hosting don't seem to be working for many of us with that port forward issue or is that fixed already? Please post instructions on OP when solved.

Thanks

1. The current wallet does not take bandwidth into account, but this is helped by redundancy. If, out of your 15 hosts, only 10 of them are really slow, you'll still be able to get the file from the fast ones. We don't have parallel downloads set up yet, but that will be here sooner rather than later. The storage platform is still in beta.

Long term, we will be using multiple algorithms and many metrics to choose hosts. The client will refuse to upload to slow hosts. Additionally, bandwidth will be paid for, which means hosts intentionally throttling their bandwidth are depriving themselves of bandwidth-income. Files will be on many hosts at the same time, and only the fast + cheap hosts will be selected for downloads. Files are going to be erasure coded across multiple hundred hosts, which will make it difficult to attack the network by intentionally offering low storage costs but then holding files ransom. That attack will only work if you get ALL of the redundancy of a file. There will be sybil attack countermeasures to prevent hosts from appearing like multiple trustworthy hosts (hosts will need to use 'proof of capacity' to prove that they have storage available, in additional to other cryptographic tools).

2. Hosting will only work if you forward your ports. This isn't something that we can easily fix. www.portforward.com is a great resource for figuring out how to do this. For most people, forwarding ports is really easy, you just have to be shown how to do it the first time. We're sorry for this limitation, but forwarding ports is going to be a requirement for hosts for the forseeable future.

You will want to forward ports ":9981" and ":9982".

We'll have an FAQ out later this week that explains many of the common questions in one place.

My miner just says "Device max compute units : 18" but nothing about finding blocks , hashrate intensity etc , I think it is not mining since my computer has the same speed as before , how do i get it to start mining ?

Did you try restarting Sia and then restarting the miner? If the miner is working, it should display a hashrate. If restarting doesn't help, then we're not sure exactly what the problem is but we are trying to figure it out.

bump!

The difficulty retargets to 1 block every 10 minutes, or 144 per day. We were not expecting as much hashrate as happened on the first day, so the difficulty was wayyy too low. The result is that 1600 blocks got mined in the first 18 hours. The difficulty retargets every 500 blocks, and so far the difficulty has increased by the maximum allowed (2.5x) 3 times in a row. That's a total increase of 15x over the first set of blocks. That's why mining is so much slower now. Blocks are still appearing faster than 1 per 10 minutes, so the difficulty is going to increase again (probably substantially) when the height hits 2000.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:32:00 AM

The Beta

Sia is currently version 0.3.1. All of the current coins are testnet coins.
Using the current Sia interface, it is possible to upload, download, and share
files. It is also possible to mine blocks and send money to other people. Sia
is available for Linux, Mac, and Windows. Below are some screenshots.

Linux 64bit
Mac 64bit
Windows 64bit

Please modify those links. It offers 0.3.0 (win64), while 0.3.3 is available at siacoin.com.

Ah, sorry about that. We got so buried with trying to fix the GPU problems that we got behind on the other things.

The OP has been updated. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: