Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382133 times)
Bradfrogger2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:11:52 PM

Also, no go on PC reboot. New wallet upgrade still  loses all previous wallets data.

Back on old version, but my coins are there.

THX

My coins show in the old version too, but the wallet isn't functional, so I cannot send them to the newer version.   Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TerraMaster

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:17:24 PM

This Is just great,,,lol, now I cant paste the copied address of my receive wallet into the box on the wallet I am sending from......so how the hell do we send coins?

Always guess we could type in each and every little character in address and hope we don't get a typo lol

What are we missing here?

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:20:22 PM

Also, no go on PC reboot. New wallet upgrade still  loses all previous wallets data.

THX

Smiley That is a big relief. I was gonna cry if I caused you to lose your coins.
Ya no sweat, I really appreciate your help Smiley I just copied wallet address from my storage wallet (via status page lol) and am getting ready to try and send coins to it now... will let ya know  Wink

You do not need to use the status page. You can just select your address and then press ctrl+c to copy the address in windows. (then ctrl+v to paste)

To EVERYONE updating their wallet.  This is not like most coins, it is obviously new code and your wallet DOES NOT save to the roaming directory.  Your wallet file is located in a sub-directory of the folder you installed Sia to.  I found it in C:\siacoin\win64\resources\sia\wallet         SO that is the wallet you need to back up and that is where you need to put the backup in the new client to get your same addresses.
Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:25:05 PM

THX

Smiley That is a big relief. I was gonna cry if I caused you to lose your coins.
Ya no sweat, I really appreciate your help Smiley I just copied wallet address from my storage wallet (via status page lol) and am getting ready to try and send coins to it now... will let ya know  Wink

You do not need to use the status page. You can just select your address and then press ctrl+c to copy the address in windows. (then ctrl+v to paste)

To EVERYONE updating their wallet.  This is not like most coins, it is obviously new code and your wallet DOES NOT save to the roaming directory.  Your wallet file is located in a sub-directory of the folder you installed Sia to.  I found it in C:\siacoin\win64\resources\sia\wallet         SO that is the wallet you need to back up and that is where you need to put the backup in the new client to get your same addresses.

I know where the wallet file is, but copying it into the newer version wallet folder DOES NOT WORK. That is what many of us are complaining about. My coins are trapped in v3.2, which is not functioning properly so I cannot send the coins to the newer version that way either.

TerraMaster

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:26:31 PM

THX

Ok, I am going to walk it all back and try all of the above.
THX  Wink

Will report back.

TerraMaster

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:30:04 PM

OK, Coins sent! Woot!

now on to the wallet dat file. Rather secure all my coins first before upgrading wallets.  Smiley

THX!!!!
By the way, I never saw a coin transfer so quickly! blazingly fast  Wink

megadestruct61

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:33:31 PM

THX

I know where the wallet file is, but copying it into the newer version wallet folder DOES NOT WORK. That is what many of us are complaining about. My coins are trapped in v3.2, which is not functioning properly so I cannot send the coins to the newer version that way either.

Oh I see that sucks.  I was able to upgrade from 0.3.0 b365 to the 0.3.3 b372 version by just copy pasting the wallet folder.  So maybe you could try and upgrade to that version then the newest one. I did run the new wallet first let it make new wallet files then I OVERWRITE those files and it worked for me.
TerraMaster

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:37:50 PM

THX

Your my hero! Backed up that wallet and am using 3.3.1 now and all my coins and pre existing address is there for future payouts!

Awesome dude, everything is in order now

your the best!

Thank you!!  Smiley

Going to try mining now on this wallet

TerraMaster

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:45:03 PM

I also am assuming the latest SIAD is on the newer wallet 3.3.1 as well......

TerraMaster

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:46:51 PM

This Is just great,,,lol, now I cant paste the copied address of my receive wallet into the box on the wallet I am sending from......so how the hell do we send coins?

Always guess we could type in each and every little character in address and hope we don't get a typo lol

What are we missing here?

Just in reference to this - that's not a joke - I copied an address wrong (missed the last two digits, cause it wrapped in my terminal, which had been in a screen session at the time, causing the newline to be copied) and send 20MSia to oblivion.
OUCH!!!  Grin

nemo1618

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:50:07 PM

Hmm. The wallet.dat layout has changed since v0.3.2, but there should be code to load it into a v0.3.3 wallet. I'll look into it.
Generally speaking, v0.3.2 is incompatible with v0.3.3; the network protocol changed, so you won't be able to connect to peers.

I was able to upgrade from 0.3.0 b365 to the 0.3.3 b372 version by just copy pasting the wallet folder.  So maybe you could try and upgrade to that version then the newest one. I did run the new wallet first let it make new wallet files then I OVERWRITE those files and it worked for me.

To clarify, the proper upgrade procedure is:
1) unzip the new Sia-UI
2) close the old Sia-UI
3) copy the old wallet/ folder from the old Sia-UI/Sia folder into the new.
4) run the new Sia-UI

Apologies if this was not very clear. We're working on making updates much easier (i.e. just click a button and restart Sia-UI). It's already possible to update siad in this way, but not Sia-UI.

Just in reference to this - that's not a joke - I copied an address wrong (missed the last two digits, cause it wrapped in my terminal, which had been in a screen session at the time, causing the newline to be copied) and send 20MSia to oblivion.

yeesh. I'm surprised the send did not return an error though. It should fail if you supply an address that is not long enough.
megadestruct61

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:51:46 PM

THX

Your my hero! Backed up that wallet and am using 3.3.1 now and all my coins and pre existing address is there for future payouts!

your the best!

Thank you!!  Smiley

Your welcome I try and help.  I hope not to many people lose sia upgrading their wallet if they don't backup the right place could be bad.
TerraMaster

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:55:13 PM

Hmm. The wallet.dat layout has changed since v0.3.2, but there should be code to load it into a v0.3.3 wallet. I'll look into it.
Generally speaking, v0.3.2 is incompatible with v0.3.3; the network protocol changed, so you won't be able to connect to peers.

I was able to upgrade from 0.3.0 b365 to the 0.3.3 b372 version by just copy pasting the wallet folder.  So maybe you could try and upgrade to that version then the newest one. I did run the new wallet first let it make new wallet files then I OVERWRITE those files and it worked for me.

To clarify, the proper upgrade procedure is:
1) unzip the new Sia-UI
2) close the old Sia-UI
3) copy the old wallet/ folder from the old Sia-UI/Sia folder into the new.
4) run the new Sia-UI

Apologies if this was not very clear. We're working on making updates much easier (i.e. just click a button and restart Sia-UI). It's already possible to update siad in this way, but not Sia-UI.

yeesh. I'm surprised the send did not return an error though. It should fail if you supply an address that is not long enough.
SO in your opinion we all should be upgrading too 3.3.1? some had mentioned other issues. So far it appears stable, the new version and am testing mining on it now. Showing 3 blocks found? but still don't think that is accurate.

Did we ever get a new GPU miner release fully functional yet?

megadestruct61

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:04:01 PM

Wow, I see the "Sia-GPU-Miner-v1.0.1-linux64" folder inside "Sia-GPU-Miner-v1.0.1-win64.zip" archive!

It's a kind of maaagiiiic....
 Cheesy

Can anyone please tell me where to find the 1.01 version of the miner to download?
Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:07:16 PM

THX

your the best!

Thank you!!  Smiley

Your welcome I try and help.  I hope not to many people lose sia upgrading their wallet if they don't backup the right place could be bad.

Yeah, I think my 12 million SC are goners. If no way to connect with v3.2 and send the coins..

Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:12:08 PM

THX

your the best!

Thank you!!  Smiley

Yeah, I think my 12 million SC are goners. If no way to connect with v3.2 and send the coins..

They're not gone. You simply need to execute Sia from the same directory as you did before.

I put the v3.3 executable in the v3.2 folder, ran it, and it just sits unresponsive same as v3.2 executable does. No connections apparently.

Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:16:54 PM

THX

your the best!

Thank you!!  Smiley

They're not gone. You simply need to execute Sia from the same directory as you did before.

I put the v3.3 executable in the v3.2 folder, ran it, and it just sits unresponsive same as v3.2 executable does. No connections apparently.

Did you try running "siac sync"?

If I knew what and where I would try it. BTW, I am not using command line. Tried to download it, but the page could not be found.

megadestruct61

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:26:48 PM

Wow, I see the "Sia-GPU-Miner-v1.0.1-linux64" folder inside "Sia-GPU-Miner-v1.0.1-win64.zip" archive!

Cheesy

Can anyone please tell me where to find the 1.01 version of the miner to download?

If you mean the Win64 version, I can tell you exactly which commit it was, cause I compiled it for them. Smiley

This is what I gave to Taek: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/Sia-GPU-Miner-Win64-61515f1df74f3a95c565348cf2a93b4101eab028.zip

Awesome!  New version is working and seems more stable if not faster. Thanks!  Cheesy
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:29:24 PM

Cheesy

If you mean the Win64 version, I can tell you exactly which commit it was, cause I compiled it for them. Smiley

This is what I gave to Taek: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/Sia-GPU-Miner-Win64-61515f1df74f3a95c565348cf2a93b4101eab028.zip

Awesome!  New version is working and seems more stable if not faster. Thanks!  Cheesy

It is definitely more stable, I just wish I knew why it was slower for me. If 72Mh/s is not finding blocks after 15 hours, 36mh/s is an exercise in futility.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:36:47 PM

Can someone answer please why this is not on an exchange yet?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: