Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382135 times)
Bradfrogger2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:44:37 PM

Since that didn't work, how about we get a new wallet that can read the prior version wallet files?

Holy cow are you trying to force testnet mined coins into mainnet? Sia launched on June 7. Were you mining before that?
Did you dl the latest Sia on June 7 or did you keep your previous folder? I'm pretty sure like Luke said 3.2 is testnet.
Brother let it go. You have 12 millions coins made of play dough.

For those confused about updating versions and what not Sia is not an install. The folder you unzipped to is your install directory.
For instance I have a Sia folder in my C: directory and I have one on my desktop. They are 2 completely different wallets.
When you update to a new Sia version all you should be doing is unzipping the new version to wherever you want, make backup
copies of the wallet.dat in your old folder and shove them to the new folder. Wallet.dat is in resources/app/Sia/wallet.

You people should be used to revering and protecting your wallet.dat files cuz they are your coins.
So no matter what you do playing with your roaming folders and moving and deleting folders if you backup all your wallet files
you will never lose your coins.

Coins were mined after launch (6/8-6/10).

grandpa_seth

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:51:50 PM

Coins were mined after launch (6/8-6/10).

But you mined them on 3.2 according to your posts. Bottom line, it is impossible for a wallet file not to work on any of the Sia
versions unless it was testnet.
grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:59:33 PM

David has already done this on slack but I would like to be the first to share a file on bitcointalk.

http://pastebin.com/GE21tLjm

Go to this pastebin and copy to clipboard the long azz string of characters. Go to your Sia client and
go to the Files tab. Now click on "Add Ascii file". Now paste (ctrl v) this sucka and click add file.

This file which I've uploaded to the Sia network is now yours to download and enjoy.
It is just a jpeg and if you've seen me around it won't surprise you as to what my favorite
movie or movies are.

I didn't just paste it here because it is like 10 million characters long and I was afraid a mod would delete it.
Roozy

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:17:05 PM

Hello,

Can someone please help me.
I would like to start mining Sia but I'm having trouble.

Is there a simple way to just download a file and click & mine (where can I find it)?
I'm having a lot of trouble.

Thanks,
R
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:49:40 PM

You do not need to use the status page. You can just select your address and then press ctrl+c to copy the address in windows. (then ctrl+v to paste)

To EVERYONE updating their wallet.  This is not like most coins, it is obviously new code and your wallet DOES NOT save to the roaming directory.  Your wallet file is located in a sub-directory of the folder you installed Sia to.  I found it in C:\siacoin\win64\resources\sia\wallet         SO that is the wallet you need to back up and that is where you need to put the backup in the new client to get your same addresses.

Yes, we're sorry about that. Wallet is stored in the roaming directory, this is something we're going to change for the next release. The next release is probably 3-6 weeks away, and should be a lot smoother.

This is the first time we've ever released production code, we're learning on our feet. Thanks for bearing with us. Having a strong, not-buggy product is important to us and we've dropped the ball.

This Is just great,,,lol, now I cant paste the copied address of my receive wallet into the box on the wallet I am sending from......so how the hell do we send coins?

Always guess we could type in each and every little character in address and hope we don't get a typo lol

What are we missing here?

Just in reference to this - that's not a joke - I copied an address wrong (missed the last two digits, cause it wrapped in my terminal, which had been in a screen session at the time, causing the newline to be copied) and send 20MSia to oblivion.

The next release is going to have checksums appended to the wallet. Stupid typos will have a 1-in-a-trillion chance of going unnoticed.

Yeah, I think my 12 million SC are goners. If no way to connect with v3.2 and send the coins..

They're not gone. You simply need to execute Sia from the same directory as you did before.

v0.3.2 (btw guys, it's not 3.2, it's 0.3.2) is testnet. Those coins won't appear in v0.3.3 or v0.3.3.1 because both of those releases are mainnet only. Even if you were using v0.3.2 after the release, you were only mining testnet coins.

It is definitely more stable, I just wish I knew why it was slower for me. If 72Mh/s is not finding blocks after 15 hours, 36mh/s is an exercise in futility.

There are no pools yet  Undecided, but if you're okay leaving it on for a week you should get a block or two. The hashrate on the network is really high at this point though.

Hello,

I have the error message
Initializing...failed to get Device IDs: -1

I have two nvidia card and i believe the error is due to this :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24200539/cant-get-my-graphics-card-device-in-opencl

The code in this miner is :
// Get Platform/Device Information
   ret = clGetPlatformIDs(1, &platform_id, &ret_num_platforms);
   if (ret != CL_SUCCESS) { printf("failed to get platform IDs: %d\n", ret); exit(1); }
   ret = clGetDeviceIDs(platform_id, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, 1, &device_id, &ret_num_devices);
   if (ret != CL_SUCCESS) { printf("failed to get Device IDs: %d\n", ret); exit(1); }

If I read correctly, this means the opencl platform is supposed to be 1, but it can be another number.
according to the :
for(int i=0; i<num_of_platforms; i++)
    if(clGetDeviceIDs(&platform_id, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, 1, &device_id, &num_of_devices) == CL_SUCCESS){

I am on windows now and compiling the miner seems rather complicated.
So if the personne in charge of this miner can try to correct this, I will be grateful...

Can you post that to Github? It'll be easier for us to find later if it's on our issue tracker instead of on page 41/? of a forum thread.

Hello,

Can someone please help me.
I would like to start mining Sia but I'm having trouble.

Is there a simple way to just download a file and click & mine (where can I find it)?
I'm having a lot of trouble.

Thanks,
R

This is the best we've got, it doesn't seem to work for everybody: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/tag/v1.0.1

We've got a guy working on it part-time but we're mostly out of our element.  We are accepting pull requests though if you know how to make things better. We're working on it.

Since that didn't work, how about we get a new wallet that can read the prior version wallet files?

Holy cow are you trying to force testnet mined coins into mainnet? Sia launched on June 7. Were you mining before that?
Did you dl the latest Sia on June 7 or did you keep your previous folder? I'm pretty sure like Luke said 3.2 is testnet.
Brother let it go. You have 12 millions coins made of play dough.

For those confused about updating versions and what not Sia is not an install. The folder you unzipped to is your install directory.
For instance I have a Sia folder in my C: directory and I have one on my desktop. They are 2 completely different wallets.
When you update to a new Sia version all you should be doing is unzipping the new version to wherever you want, make backup
copies of the wallet.dat in your old folder and shove them to the new folder. Wallet.dat is in resources/app/Sia/wallet.

You people should be used to revering and protecting your wallet.dat files cuz they are your coins.
So no matter what you do playing with your roaming folders and moving and deleting folders if you backup all your wallet files
you will never lose your coins.

I do feel responsible for the confusion. Having a wallet in a roaming directory was (in hindsight) a bad idea. The next release will have a stable directory, and there will be a place in the UI that tells you where the wallet.dat file is (along with all your other files). The next release is probably going to be 3-6 weeks.

Can someone answer please why this is not on an exchange yet?
Probably a bit trickier for an exchange to add, not your normal wallet Smiley

Ya who knows how long it will take them.  They may actually have to put in new code to add this I imagine as it is not your standard clone so same exact withdraw/deposit methods may not work.  The new miner works well for me but as it is more stable it seems to be running my gpu's more consistently which is good but on this hot summer day they almost be overheating!  Wish there were some controls at least a max temp command to shut down work.

We were talking with an exchange but our wallet api is incomplete for their needs. When we roll out the next release it will include an expanded api that will be usable by exchanges. I'm putting an eta of 8 weeks on making an exchange. If things go well, it could be as soon as 4. I doubt it will be faster than that though.

mrnxtuser

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:51:28 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 04:31:28 AM by mrnxtuser

DEFQON.1 FUCKING WARMUPPPPPPP

Fkn SIA represent at Defqon AU/NL

SMD - Just Like You - http://pastebin.com/uPcBe754
Showtek - Party Lover (Sydney Remix) - http://pastebin.com/EZ889rvS
Crypsis Ft Chain Reaction - Before The Storm - http://pastebin.com/TKnm5EAa
Brennan Heart - Just As Easy - http://pastebin.com/xN7PKxh5

Yo, I listen to it daily
The hardstyle made me
Obnoxious and crazy
We party everyday

Roozy

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:39:38 AM

I'm getting the following error

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwWwNAQ57JC5ZXFyNVZTRE1rU1E/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Hit post prematurely. I downloaded the miner from the link Taek posted but this is what I see when I run the exe.
Any help is appreciated.
TerraMaster

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:10:30 AM

Yes That is one huge plus with this software. Basically it is a portable program, but If I am thinking right? when you run SIA wallet from a flash drive etc., it will create a UI folder in apps/roaming on the host computer.

I'm thinking we ought to leave the wallet folder where it is in the main working directory. Not reside in the roaming UI folder, if I am reading it all correctly Smiley

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:35:04 AM

I'm getting the following error

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwWwNAQ57JC5ZXFyNVZTRE1rU1E/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Hit post prematurely. I downloaded the miner from the link Taek posted but this is what I see when I run the exe.
Any help is appreciated.

Several people have asked this and it is the exact error you get when running the new miner on the old 0.3.3.0 wallet. You probably need to update to the 0.3.3.1 wallet.
TerraMaster

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:45:18 AM

What a day of new things with this coin lol

Well, upgraded 5 mining rigs, each with there own wallets of course. But before that I created a "bank account" of sorts on a non-mining laptop to send all the mined coins from each wallet too and can consolidate all coins into one master wallet. Then back up that single wallet daily.

Perhaps it not to safe to keep all my eggs on one basket" since we cannot encrypt a wallet yet, however its a lot easy to back up and tally up Smiley and turn off.

Plus, so in all that upgrading I had to learn how to send all coins out of mining wallets first. Then realized how simple it is to back up the wallets as needed. (once we found out where the wallets were stored lol)

ok, tried the latest GPU miner, but do not like it because its set to mine at about 50% of what old miners do? not sure how or why that is. So anyways back using one of the early released (miners) at full set speed.

As of now, on wallets 3.3.1 all are hashing (for how long I don't know lol)

Been a lot of headaches, questions and tons of trial and errors in the first 3 days but some how it is all taking shape  Smiley

This coin is the absolutely hands down, the fastest transferring coin in the world! you blink and its there  Shocked

I feel after a few years of mining the same old cookie cutter coins and BTC as well, we finally have a new technology in crypto that is cutting edge! Perhaps even to the likes of what BTC was back then  Wink The potential in this concept is phenomenal if managed properly.

Keep up the good work devs, it is exciting to see something new at last!  Cool

nemo1618

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:18:07 AM

Yes That is one huge plus with this software. Basically it is a portable program, but If I am thinking right? when you run SIA wallet from a flash drive etc., it will create a UI folder in apps/roaming on the host computer.

I'm thinking we ought to leave the wallet folder where it is in the main working directory. Not reside in the roaming UI folder, if I am reading it all correctly Smiley

Yes, Sia is completely portable. It does not create any folders in Roaming or elsewhere, only subdirectories alongside the siad program. (EDIT: Sia-UI might create a Roaming folder, but if it does it doesn't contain anything important)
I'm interested in what other people think about this though. There are two options: 1) keep everything inside one folder, or 2) spread it out into Roaming/homedir/etc. (Bitcoin takes the latter approach)

The advantage of 1) is that it's very clear where everything is on-disk. It's easy to backup your entire Sia install or move it to a new computer without having to copy your wallet.dat separately.
The advantage of 2) is that you can overwrite the wallet program without having to worry about losing your wallet.dat (and the blockchain db, which is less important but a pain to re-download). Whereas in 1) we'd have to create an install script that would copy the wallet.dat for you so that unsuspecting people don't accidentally overwrite all their money.

Basically, 1) seems harder on the programmer and 2) seems harder on the user. So personally I'm in favor of 1), but I'm interested in hearing the opinions of people who are more familiar with Bitcoin and other wallet programs.
grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:19:00 AM

Okay, so up till 0.3.3.1 we had wallet.dat in the main folder. I agree until Sia is more sophisticated with features the wallet file
is best left in the main folder because if you want to host large amounts you are going to want to run Sia from a dedicated large
drive. Anyway, I'm sure the devs know what to do with that in the long run.

So now for 0.3.3.1 where is the wallet.dat? I swear I'm not lying I had a 0.3.3.1 on one of my computers with the wallet.dat in
the normal spot. Now when I zip a new 0.3.3.1 to a new location the wallet.dat is no longer there. I have several wallet.dat with balances
backed up but they are all from 0.3.3. So now I deleted everything sia related including the roaming folder. I now unzip 0.3.3.1 and start Sia.
Wallet.dat is not in the usual spot and is neither in roaming.
grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:24:38 AM

Yes, Sia is completely portable. It does not create any folders in Roaming or elsewhere, only subdirectories alongside the siad program. (EDIT: Sia-UI might create a Roaming folder, but if it does it doesn't contain anything important)
I'm interested in what other people think about this though. There are two options: 1) keep everything inside one folder, or 2) spread it out into Roaming/homedir/etc. (Bitcoin takes the latter approach)

The advantage of 1) is that it's very clear where everything is on-disk. It's easy to backup your entire Sia install or move it to a new computer without having to copy your wallet.dat separately.
The advantage of 2) is that you can overwrite the wallet program without having to worry about losing your wallet.dat (and the blockchain db, which is less important but a pain to re-download). Whereas in 1) we'd have to create an install script that would copy the wallet.dat for you so that unsuspecting people don't accidentally overwrite all their money.

Basically, 1) seems harder on the programmer and 2) seems harder on the user. So personally I'm in favor of 1), but I'm interested in hearing the opinions of people who are more familiar with Bitcoin and other wallet programs.

I'm also in favor of easier for the user, who cares if the devs never sleep  Wink. But if the program is stable and polished like Bitcoin
I think people are more used to 2). Its a hard call imo.
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:32:06 AM

I'm looking to buy sia coins at 0.08BTC/1M,  can handle large volumes, escrow please.

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Roozy

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:35:57 AM

Okay, so up till 0.3.3.1 we had wallet.dat in the main folder. I agree until Sia is more sophisticated with features the wallet file
is best left in the main folder because if you want to host large amounts you are going to want to run Sia from a dedicated large

So now for 0.3.3.1 where is the wallet.dat? I swear I'm not lying I had a 0.3.3.1 on one of my computers with the wallet.dat in
the normal spot. Now when I zip a new 0.3.3.1 to a new location the wallet.dat is no longer there. I have several wallet.dat with balances
backed up but they are all from 0.3.3. So now I deleted everything sia related including the roaming folder. I now unzip 0.3.3.1 and start Sia.

For me this is where it's at... for you it's going to be wherever your Sia is unpacked.. under..resources>>app>>Sia>>wallet
C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXXX\Desktop\Sia\SiaNew\win64\resources\app\Sia\wallet
TerraMaster

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:36:37 AM

I have never seen the wallet in the roaming folder. To my knowledge its always been in the directory folder. And as you said is its own stand alone program folder.
And I am sure you are copying the 3.3  wallet from its folder and pasting it into you new directory for 3.3.1 same location as where you copied from 3.3. location

? nothing has changed between the 2 versions that way?  Smiley

Before I do copy the backed up wallet I rename the newly created wallet (with no coins) to wallet1 and save, then drop the back up wallet in that directory folder. No folder merging or overwriting etc. of the wallets.  Smiley

megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:39:05 AM

Hey I'm getting the error calling /host/announce : host address not reachable; ensure you have forwarded port 9982  error message when I try to announce some hosting.  Thing is I know port 9982 is forwarded and not blocked so anyone know the trick to get it to work?
Roozy

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:41:57 AM

Hey I'm getting the error calling /host/announce : host address not reachable; ensure you have forwarded port 9982  error message when I try to announce some hosting.  Thing is I know port 9982 is forwarded and not blocked so anyone know the trick to get it to work?

Try forwarding both ports 9981 and 9982.
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:42:32 AM

what platform? I have the same problem on mac. port wide open.

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

TerraMaster

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:42:42 AM

Hey I'm getting the error calling /host/announce : host address not reachable; ensure you have forwarded port 9982  error message when I try to announce some hosting.  Thing is I know port 9982 is forwarded and not blocked so anyone know the trick to get it to work?
I haven't heard of anyone getting that to work right? You could test it on that link to IP port tester website, pages back or even try turn off firewall briefly to see if it opens then? I am still waiting for more guidance on that.. announcing"  I think its bugged. lol

As they develop the wallet they really need to correct that, and make it user friendly. I don't see the masses one day port forwarding to easily lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: