Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:16:48 AM

It applies to all businesses. Just because a business is bitcoin related does not put it above the law.
Not sure you actually read his post, or understand anything that is not insults.

Yes precisely.  BFL is selling hardware, not bitcoins.  Bitcoins are a grey area still, but selling actual physical products is not a grey area at all.  There is basic contract law governing sales in the United States.  You do not need a "paper" contract to be entitled to these protections.

When you walk into a store and buy something you don't need both parties to sign a paper contract to be protected under consumer protection laws.  They are automatic when a sale is made and BFL is violating many of these laws by not delivering products on time and refusing refunds when they do so.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:49:04 AM

I feel awful for all the people who got duped into buying into BFL. At least it served as a spectacular warning to everyone of the dangers of pre-ordering mining equipment.  Undecided
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:09:11 AM

And... another ~1000 units chips ordered 8 to 10 months ago, shipped today.  1/3 1/100 of the entirety of KnC's shipment hash power ... in one day.

FTFTBLITBU

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:09:15 AM

I have posted a topic on how to file a FTC complaint against BFL on their illegal behavior regarding late shipments and refusing refunds.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319522.msg3419162#msg3419162

This takes less than 10 minutes and I encourage EVERYONE who has had problems with BFL to fill it out.  The more complaints filed the faster they will investigate them and put a stop to this nonsense.  If my above posts did not show that this is illegal behavior by BFL then follow my guide on the FTC web site and you will see that it indeed is a federal trade violation and they can get in massive trouble for this.  It's illegal and that's why you don't see other businesses behaving this way.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
svaningelgem

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:09:02 AM

I did buy from them as well. Reported was 500Ghz x3 +- 10% performance delivered.
Well, I got it now and it turns out to true. They're hashing nicely...

All in all I'm relatively happy with it.

And yes, I did ask for a refund which they said they will not give. And they also said all miners would be delivered within a month (from that date). Turned out to be true, and I took the gamble and staid...

Now everything is looking fine again!

So yes: no pre-order anymore unless from a little more established company.

Anyone wants to buy them from me? :-) They're hosted, so no need to worry about the power requirements and stuff.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:15:54 PM

All in all I'm relatively happy with it.
Anyone wants to buy them from me? :-)

That quote would make a nice banner ad for your vendor.

You don't say when your original order was or what you paid.  Until you provide those figures, we'll guess February 2013 and $60,000.

Your 1500Gh/s represents 0.0004 of the network today.
The network mined $900,000  today, which gives you $360.

Let's let difficulty increase 33% for each of the next eight 11 day periods.

Period one:  $4000 to you (or your buyer)
Period two:  $3000 to you (or your buyer)
Period three:  $2250 to you (or your buyer)
Period four:  $1750 to you (or your buyer)
Period five:  $1350 to you (or your buyer)
Period six:  $1050 to you (or your buyer)
Period seven:  $800 to you (or your buyer)
Period eight:  $600 to you (or your buyer)

So $15,000 to you or your buyer in the next three months, and $2000 in the three months after that, and $300 in the three months  after that and dust after that. 

So you're offering a machine that will print $18,000, minus the electricity.  We'll leave BTC upvalue out of it, cause the buyer can buy BTC today and realize that profit.

What's a good price today for what you paid $60,000 for 8 months ago? How about $15,000?  $12,000?  $9,000? 

Your vendor is asking $15,000 for the same product, delivered some time after March, 2014.  That product will make about $2000 for its buyer.

BTW, if your vendor had delivered in February, 2013, when you presumably ordered, you would have mined BTC at 100 times the rate your machine mines now.

Finally, here is the moment when the BLITBU (or his sychophant) shows up, not to answer customer questions, or explain his company's delays, or aplogize for past delays, but to say, ".... if we had done what we said we'd do, all our customers would be just as screwed as they are now, which means we're a good company for delaying 8 months and more".

Last word:  You are to be commended for offering a product in hand for sale, and not a preorder deal.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
baralhao

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:33:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up.. Its because of people like you, the world is a better place  Grin
+1
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:31:47 AM

Re: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action

I would definitely file it as a USD transaction.

I also posted this thread on Reddit and it also took off.  There have been at least dozens (or more) of confirmed trade violation complaints filed against BFL this weekend.

I imagine Josh will be getting a call from the FTC this week and I think he knows it.  He's gone completely silent in this thread and I imagine he's going to be in a lot of trouble.

If I were him I would move my operation out of the US to somewhere that doesn't have consumer protection laws against his widescale illegal activity regarding sales transactions and refunds.  As someone pointed out he may have to find somewhere like Somalia to operate like this without men in black showing up at his doorstep because you can't do business like this in virtually any western country.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pat5e/how_to_file_a_ftc_complaint_against_bfls_illegal/

scambutterflylabs

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:34:19 AM

Re:  YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL

I've been trying to help my friend through this process, and it has hit a problem I haven't seen before. Paypal sided with my friend and said that BFL needed to refund the money. BFL has marked his order as cancelled in their system. Now Paypal tried to get the money back to send to my friend, but there was no money in the account they were drawing on. This is the letter that Paypal sent to my friend.

Hello *** ******,

The refund sent by Sonny Vleisides (office@butterflylabs.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Sonny Vleisides regarding this refund.

-----------------------------------
Refund details:
-----------------------------------

Amount: $****** USD
Sender: Sonny Vleisides
Sender's email: office@butterflylabs.com
Transaction ID: ********
Transaction date: Oct 11, 2013

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? He kind of feel like this is like issuing a bad check and thinks that there might be some kind of attorney general he could go to.

Just as an update to this, sometime last week, the account got money in it and my friend was paid. He said that paypal just kept hitting the account (with the subsequent NSF charges, I'm sure) until there was money there.

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:41:38 PM

someone sent BFL a million bucks...

http://kryptonews.com/?p=68

vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:56:05 PM

Definitively bad day for semeone when he realizes whats going on.

Probably 20+ Monarchs
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:26:43 PM

Probably 20+ Monarchs

20+ Monarchs ?

At $4,680.00/Monarch, 1 Million ==> ~ 213 Monarch without bulk price...

O_o'...

At 600GH/s per Monarch, we are talking about nearly (maybe much more) 128 TH/s...insane...
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:03:52 PM

LOL! Someone's fucked.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:22:16 PM

Probably 20+ Monarchs

Someone? How about BFL just took the BTC they mined with your equipment and cashed out.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:01:21 PM

Probably 20+ Monarchs

Someone? How about BFL just took the BTC they mined with your equipment and cashed out.
That would be a stupid move.. Unless they are hiring lots of lawyers Cheesy
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:53:50 AM

Josh, what the hell?  You guys still have $500 of my money for an 'upgrade' that no longer exists, and yet here you are defending your company's actions in the most uncalled for manner. 

Do your bit for customer service and refund.

Joshie, please tell, how does BFL Intend to resolve such issues.

A) Run off with the guys money.
B) Supply a free miner to attach the upgrade to.
C) Refund

Its a simple question, why don't you answer the guy..  Tongue

They offered me a 'credit' onto my account for my next order.  However, I pointed out that I do not wish to have a 'credit' or indeed order from them again, and they went silent.

No matter, I have my banks fraud team on the case.

I have it in writing that you have received my money, BFL.  I also have it in writing that you were going to either process me a refund in BTC or bank transfer.  Then, another of your 'colleagues' changed their mind.

Companies don't act the way BFL do.  Fraudsters, however....

You may have a product, and you may have manufacturing difficulties, but that does not excuse you acting like a complete a hole.

m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:02:23 AM

Scummy scammy josh! Bfls vaporware, monarch, is even out dated now and they don't even exist! Same as with there aweful 65nm machines that are completely untested and just sent out to customers(if they have not mined already with your h/w).

No one as ordered anything, there trying to play the market and even if someone as.... There stupid and the amount of network power they will own diminishes everyday so they wouldn't hold much at all and the fact that other companies offer better h/w available today (not Nov 2014 at best) means that they've just lost..... $1m! I call some scam going non here though, no one is that stupid..... Could be Justin Berber just found out about it though, never underestimate the stupidity of some people, that's what bfl preys on!
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:48:30 AM

Re:  YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL

Why hasn't anyone squashed the cockroach?
If everyone with an outstanding order refuses to accept the package (no big loss these days). Then that cockroach will be gently squeezed, harder and harder as more and more packages are returned.

What will BFL do, keep the money ? that would be fraud.
Keep re-posting and costing them $$$$ ?
All sales are final,   When they have been delivered !

If you have requested a refund, BFL owes you a refund, if they do not, they are acting unlawfully and when the FTC actually get around to them they will deal with them appropriately. I Hope.

scambutterflylabs

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:06:44 AM

The bullet run was a dud.

Just to update everyone on where we stand with the Monarch at the moment.

Current chip production has an expected delivery date in early/first half of December. We expect to have chips at that time and hope to have our first units shipped out the door by the end of December. We did not reach our goal of November delivery. Unlike our first generation ASIC devices, we already have the vendors in place and ready to go, along with the substrate design and manufacturing slotted in and geared up. Right now, we are not anticipating any issues but unexpected things do pop up. If they do, I will let people know as soon as I have definitive information regarding that, otherwise we are on target for a December release. If anything changes, I will let everyone know, via this thread, as soon as I have the information.

Let me reiterate that if you are uncomfortable with pre-ordering for cutting edge, custom designed technology and all the risks that it implies, please do not place a pre-order and wait until the products are shipping and available. If you do choose to pre-order, please understand that unforseen problems and delays can and do happen and we will do our best to alert everyone to them when we encounter them and have had time to assess what the impact will be on the timeline.

Our production capacity is geared up and ready to go. With the extreme simplicity of the Monarch compared to our 65nm product line, we do not anticipate any difficulties in getting units built and out the door in a rapid fashion. Compared to our current generation, assuming no parts shortages, we should be able to product more than 1000 Monarchs per day. For reference, the Monarch should use ~12 screws and two discrete parts (board and HSF), compared to even our most simple device, the Jalapeno, which has over 20 discrete parts, assembly is trivial and should pose no issues.

The current expected date for our chips out of the foundry is early December. Obviously nothing will be shipping in November. Projected target is end of December but that is, as usual, subject to change. When I have more info I will share it.

Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:18:19 AM

Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: