Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006488 times)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 3511

born once atheist

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:52:47 PM

has anyone in U.S ctually reported vern to fbi or po-lice ?

jeezus christ... has anyone like just called the cops?

caller: id like to report a crime! Paul Vernon stole my bitcoin!!!

police: um.. whats a bitcoin?

sorry couldnt resist quoting myself. i even got called an asshole for that one Grin

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 3511

born once atheist

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:04:49 PM

Roll Eyes
I'll be a son of a bitch! Horus moved down to Mexico to preform in his new gig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9xq-TVyHI

oh thanx a lot gleb. yu just made me waste 10 minutes of my life watching frikkin ridiculous dog dancin vids  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:45:34 PM

Quite a few people, myself included, have filled out reports with agencies like IRS, FinCen, SEC, FBI, etc. And these agencies are well aware of Cryptsy's activities including their involvement with XPY, as the Garzas are currently under SEC indictment. It's not a lack of awareness... government stuff like this just doesn't happen that fast.

Don't forget, John MacPherson aka Horus probably no longer has "Brothers" since his Freemason lodge has been notified about this lyin', thievin' ways.

Highly doubtful.  Haven't you seen the movie 'Brotherhood of the Bell' with Glenn Ford?  Freemasons help each other even in times like these and they will help him with whatever he needs as long as he is sure to pay THEM the due bill when it comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdUm_jLbg-o
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:46:32 PM

Roll Eyes
I'll be a son of a bitch! Horus moved down to Mexico to preform in his new gig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9xq-TVyHI

oh thanx a lot gleb. yu just made me waste 10 minutes of my life watching frikkin ridiculous dog dancin vids  Roll Eyes

Wait, Horus uploaded more videos of him dancing in a tutu with a Mexican?
DrxGxr

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:11:01 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 12:20:46 AM by DrxGxr

Quite a few people, myself included, have filled out reports with agencies like IRS, FinCen, SEC, FBI, etc. And these agencies are well aware of Cryptsy's activities including their involvement with XPY, as the Garzas are currently under SEC indictment. It's not a lack of awareness... government stuff like this just doesn't happen that fast.
yes they will get everything they need before taking actions .

this is not a joke and this people are insane if they think the US GOV/enforcment agancies  will let them get away with this.

the reality;
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/18/bitcoin-now-classed-as-a-commodity-in-the-us.html

the possibilities;
Commodities Trader Found Guilty in ‘Spoofing’ Case.
 http://www.wsj.com/articles/commodities-trader-found-guilty-in-spoofing-case-1446599725

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/04/us-high-frequency-trader-convicted-first-spoofing-case-michael-coscia

stealing bitcoin no different to stealing gold etc..
in my own personal words arrest is imminent. and punishment will be severe. and some peoples lifes will never be the same again. horus seems your people made a name for themselves and you the prodigal son is the bastard child that wants to put that name to shame and dishonour. save yourself from a long prison sentence. its only 12 million split between how many people. so i,m guessing you got about 500K out of it for your part whilst vern is buying 1.2 mill properties. you are a fool what kind of mason are you ? like i said before you must be the lodge sweeper/cleaner or something. like how stupid did/do you have to be to have even taking part in such a stupid theft in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AlRo3XKEaU        
DrxGxr

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:32:31 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvIhH1xntY
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:33:11 AM

I reported it to several Federal agencies.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:54:41 AM

"Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, Cryptsy simply went over that wall."
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:56:54 AM

"Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, Cryptsy simply went over that wall."

The CEA is not applicable to Cryptsy.

FinCEN regulations would require fiat funds for customers to be segregated. However, digital currencies are unlikely to be treated in the same manner.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/fincen-bitcoin-users-not-regulated-exchanges-are-1363675774

The paper starts off delineating a clear definition of what virtual currency is: “FinCEN’s regulations define currency (also referred to as “real” currency) as “the coin and paper money of the United States or of any other country that is designated as legal tender and that [ii] circulates and [iii] is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange in the country of issuance. ” In contrast to real currency, “virtual” currency is a medium of exchange that operates like a currency in some environments, but does not have all the attributes of real currency. In particular, virtual currency does not have legal tender status in any jurisdiction.” It then breaks digital currencies down into three forms: e-currencies and e-precious metals, centralized digital currencies and decentralized digital currencies. Although the document does not explicity define an e-currency and what differentiates it from any other virtual currency, a footnote makes the likely intended meaning clear: “Typically, this involves the broker or dealer electronically distributing digital certificates of ownership of real currencies or precious metals, with the digital certificate being the virtual currency.” That is, e-currencies are essentially certificates for what FINCEN calls “real” currencies – that is, currencies that are, somewhere in the world, legal tender. Centralized virtual currencies are digital currencies that have a “centralized repository”; this is likely intended as a catch-all term for any virtual currencies which are not simply tokens for “real” currency or precious metals but rather a currency in their own right, Second Life’s Linden dollars is perhaps the existing canonical example, although a hypothetical Bitcoin-like unbacked currency backed by a central repository would also fall into the scope. Finally, there are decentralized digital currencies. A decentralized digital currency is one “(1) that has no central repository and no single administrator , and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort” – Bitcoin being right in the crosshairs. Interestingly, Ripple fits one half of the definition but not the other – although Ripple itself is decentralized, or at least will be once the server is released, all 100 billion XRP that will ever exist have already been created. If Ripple succeeds, perhaps FINCEN will be forced to release yet another clarifying guidance paper in two years’ time.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:11:04 AM

FinCEN regulations would require fiat funds for customers to be segregated. However, digital currencies are unlikely to be treated in the same manner.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/fincen-bitcoin-users-not-regulated-exchanges-are-1363675774

The paper starts off delineating a clear definition of what virtual currency is: “FinCEN’s regulations define currency (also referred to as “real” currency) as “the coin and paper money of the United States or of any other country that is designated as legal tender and that [ii] circulates and [iii] is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange in the country of issuance. ” In contrast to real currency, “virtual” currency is a medium of exchange that operates like a currency in some environments, but does not have all the attributes of real currency. In particular, virtual currency does not have legal tender status in any jurisdiction.” It then breaks digital currencies down into three forms: e-currencies and e-precious metals, centralized digital currencies and decentralized digital currencies. Although the document does not explicity define an e-currency and what differentiates it from any other virtual currency, a footnote makes the likely intended meaning clear: “Typically, this involves the broker or dealer electronically distributing digital certificates of ownership of real currencies or precious metals, with the digital certificate being the virtual currency.” That is, e-currencies are essentially certificates for what FINCEN calls “real” currencies – that is, currencies that are, somewhere in the world, legal tender. Centralized virtual currencies are digital currencies that have a “centralized repository”; this is likely intended as a catch-all term for any virtual currencies which are not simply tokens for “real” currency or precious metals but rather a currency in their own right, Second Life’s Linden dollars is perhaps the existing canonical example, although a hypothetical Bitcoin-like unbacked currency backed by a central repository would also fall into the scope. Finally, there are decentralized digital currencies. A decentralized digital currency is one “(1) that has no central repository and no single administrator , and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort” – Bitcoin being right in the crosshairs. Interestingly, Ripple fits one half of the definition but not the other – although Ripple itself is decentralized, or at least will be once the server is released, all 100 billion XRP that will ever exist have already been created. If Ripple succeeds, perhaps FINCEN will be forced to release yet another clarifying guidance paper in two years’ time.

I'm such a fuckin' idiot! I mistaken Cryptsy accepting and remitting fiat for blueberries.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:44:54 AM

I'm such a fuckin' idiot! I mistaken Cryptsy accepting and remitting fiat for blueberries.

you must have cabin fever

Grin
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:45:37 PM

Crypto exchanges should be replaced with a true p2p system that can use RF and solar powered communication channels.

http://thewashingtonstandard.com/cashless-crisis-with-digital-payments-civilization-comes-to-an-end-until-power-is-restored

Put the power in the hands of all the people, not just a few.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:21:32 PM

Charlie Shrem: I fucked up and will serve time for my fuck up.

Paul Vernon: I'm leaving the country with all my clients' moneys. Got mine!
DrxGxr

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:05:30 PM

he clearly did not read this properly. so will quote the relevant parts for him to read here.

quote;                                  (tiny vern/cryptsy)
         The definition of exchangers is simple: “An exchanger is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency.” Finally, a user is simply someone who uses virtual currencies to buy and sell goods and services.   

quote;
          The major boon from the document for Bitcoin is this: users get off lightly. In fact, FINCEN does not intend to touch mere users of virtual currency at all; the document states, “a user who obtains convertible virtual currency and uses it to purchase real or virtual goods or services is not an MSB under FinCEN’s regulations. Such activity, in and of itself, does not fit within the definition of “money transmission services” and therefore is not subject to FinCEN’s registration, reporting, and recordkeeping regulations for MSBs. 

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:20:16 PM

he clearly did not read this properly. so will quote the relevant parts for him to read here.

quote;                                  (tiny vern/cryptsy)
         The definition of exchangers is simple: “An exchanger is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency.” Finally, a user is simply someone who uses virtual currencies to buy and sell goods and services.   

quote;
          The major boon from the document for Bitcoin is this: users get off lightly. In fact, FINCEN does not intend to touch mere users of virtual currency at all; the document states, “a user who obtains convertible virtual currency and uses it to purchase real or virtual goods or services is not an MSB under FinCEN’s regulations. Such activity, in and of itself, does not fit within the definition of “money transmission services” and therefore is not subject to FinCEN’s registration, reporting, and recordkeeping regulations for MSBs. 

I'm wonder if Stuart Hoegner is Paul Vernon's lawyer.
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:45:04 PM

SEC: https://coinreport.net/sec-seeks-default-judgement-josh-garza-bitcoin-ponzi-scheme/
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:32:50 AM

SEC: https://coinreport.net/sec-seeks-default-judgement-josh-garza-bitcoin-ponzi-scheme/

Thanks, and will read in a sec (if not archaic), but first some fun: http://www.poemofquotes.com/tools/poetry-generator.php

My love for Paul is so great,
my heart melts for thee 'til the dusk of day.
The night balls when he's away,
roast, scamming 'til day's dawn.

His beauty is great,
Wondering mind 'til he sees,
running is all I do,
While waiting for the moment, for him to say "I do."
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:35:32 AM

A default judgement can be requested by a plaintiff when a defendant fails to respond to a complaint within the specified time set by law. SiliconANGLE explains that, in this case, the companies nor Garza responded to the SEC’s complaint.

That don't sound good. If the case if over, then there's no more investigation into Cryptsy et al. role.
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:40:42 AM

Cryptsy theft is never ending.For last 24h from Cryptsy hot wallets 6.3 BTC went to China in the wallet  https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/0ee01eb30a076e57

No doubt,this is wallet of Paul Vernon or his chinese lover - BTCs from this wallet are going to BTCC, BTC38 and Huobi and selling for Chinese yuans.

Taking money from closed and bankrupted exchange is a crime and path of these BTCs is very similar to those from so called stolen alts - directly to Chinese exchanges or BTC-e and selling for BTCs or money.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 02:13:09 AM

A default judgement can be requested by a plaintiff when a defendant fails to respond to a complaint within the specified time set by law. SiliconANGLE explains that, in this case, the companies nor Garza responded to the SEC’s complaint.

That don't sound good. If the case if over, then there's no more investigation into Cryptsy et al. role.

The motion for default was filed against GAW and ZenMiner, but not against Garza (yet) who has until March 2 to respond. Both companies have zero assets so the default is probably inconsequential. Garza has expensive lawyers courtesy of Cantor Fitzgerald so it would seem likely that he will contest the charges.
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: