Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:12:05 AM

BigVern got spanked in court, lawyers get paid anyway using liquidated property, everyone else involved enjoy justice and maybe a few pennies each.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 04:35:12 AM

Well, if I'd have known DASH was going to moon like it did, then I'd have been more serious about putting in a claim....these creeps got away with more than the courts realize.  The more a see the prices surge, the angrier I get....I accepted my losses and abandoned this thread a long time ago....but grrrrrrrrrrrr:  "Where my money now, biatch?"
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:10:55 AM

Hopefully the ex-cheerleaders learned a lesson.
There was a whole lot of crying FUD and troll and lawsuit threats and banned silenced users.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:53:05 PM

Hopefully the ex-cheerleaders learned a lesson.
There was a whole lot of crying FUD and troll and lawsuit threats and banned silenced users.

"Ree, ree, ree, kick 'em in the knee
Razz, razz, razz, kick 'em the other knee.
Ah, fuck it! Pass me the crack pipe."

"Captain of the team, I take full responsibility!"
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:32:07 PM

Well, if I'd have known DASH was going to moon like it did, then I'd have been more serious about putting in a claim....these creeps got away with more than the courts realize.  The more a see the prices surge, the angrier I get....I accepted my losses and abandoned this thread a long time ago....but grrrrrrrrrrrr:  "Where my money now, biatch?"

Even if it went to the moon twice, the payouts were locked as of the time of the closure. So only the price at that time matters. Same with BTC.
spamsucks

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:38:28 PM

BigVern got spanked in court, lawyers get paid anyway using liquidated property, everyone else involved enjoy justice and maybe a few pennies each.

Yea, quite the punishment.

Ok, so Vern gets to run away to china with as much crypto as he can steal and live with his whore.
His ex wife gets $250k of the stolen money gifted to her from the lawyers.
The employees continued to draw a paycheck from stolen money from the users after the hack
The ones paying the settlement and the lawyers... the people who got robbed of course.

did I miss anything?

Everyone involved made out in the deal expect the people who had money in craptsy.

You can order Vern to pay 1 quintillion dollars... he dont care. He is in china. Hes not planning to make the trip back.  If he ever decides to come back, his lawyer will file a motion to set aside the verdict due to lack of proper service and the whole thing will get washed away again.  By then there wont be any point in going after the cash, as vern will be broke by then... so they wont retry it without a chance of payout.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:52:48 PM

Ok, so Vern gets to run away to china with as much crypto as he can steal and live with his whore.
The employees continued to draw a paycheck from stolen money from the users after the hack
The ones paying the settlement and the lawyers... the people who got robbed of course.

did I miss anything?

Everyone involved made out in the deal expect the people who had money in craptsy.

You can order Vern to pay 1 quintillion dollars... he dont care. He is in china. Hes not planning to make the trip back.  If he ever decides to come back, his lawyer will file a motion to set aside the verdict due to lack of proper service and the whole thing will get washed away again.  By then there wont be any point in going after the cash, as vern will be broke by then... so they wont retry it without a chance of payout.

"I put the gloves on like so, then waited till Paul came home as I hid behind a bush."
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:07:00 PM

did I miss anything?

You can order Vern to pay 1 quintillion dollars... he dont care. He is in china. Hes not planning to make the trip back.  If he ever decides to come back, his lawyer will file a motion to set aside the verdict due to lack of proper service and the whole thing will get washed away again.  By then there wont be any point in going after the cash, as vern will be broke by then... so they wont retry it without a chance of payout.

"I put the gloves on like so, then waited till Paul came home as I hid behind a bush."

The Juice will need a job when he gets out.    Grin
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:46:29 PM

I agree the coins should NOT be locked at the price of 2015, the lawyers did NOT say that until everyone submitted their claim.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:49:00 AM

You wouldn't demand that if the price of BTC had gone down.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:29:40 AM

Not to put salt in anybody's wounds, but if those who filed claims would've already been paid pennies on the dollar, they could've invested it all in BitConnect and become billionaires in five short years.
BagHolder010

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:22:18 AM

I would demand it, it is MY coins. Stop acting like you know what people would've done if so and so happens, the coins are up everyone who bought or invested in crypto currencies did not do so because they want to lose their own money.

I know that you want to be the ones who keep saying I told you so about exchanges such as Cryptsy are a scam until the end of time but please if you did not lose money here or you have nothing good to say about the ones who lost money like me then stop posting here. It's enough that Cryptsy workers " not sure about this one", he's wife, lawyers are all getting money except the ones who lost their own money.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
spamsucks

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:26:59 PM

I would demand it, it is MY coins. Stop acting like you know what people would've done if so and so happens, the coins are up everyone who bought or invested in crypto currencies did not do so because they want to lose their own money.

I know that you want to be the ones who keep saying I told you so about exchanges such as Cryptsy are a scam until the end of time but please if you did not lose money here or you have nothing good to say about the ones who lost money like me then stop posting here. It's enough that Cryptsy workers " not sure about this one", he's wife, lawyers are all getting money except the ones who lost their own money.

Demands are worthless here.

The recovered monies have a set value. its not like they have the stolen 11k BTC ... that money is gone forever. So if you take the amount left over, there is only so much to pay out. If one person had 10 BTC should they be paid at 4300 each and everyone else gets nothing?

The point is we are not talking about coins anymore. The coins are gone. There is only the cash that the lawyers got from selling the leftovers and assets to split between anyone. The value of that car he bought for the ex is set. No matter what happens, the money gained from selling it wont go up cause BTC went up. The house... same thing... the ring... you see where this is going?

There are no coins. Thats the part I think people are stuck on. there is X amount. the only way to be fair to the investors is to split what money there is based on what you had at the time.  if you had 1 BTC you get 1 share of the funds recovered. no share is worth more than another, and it wouldn't be right to do so. The rise or fall of the value of BTC means nothing in this case unless the stolen BTC are recovered somehow. If that happens, then we can chat about best way to go forward... and if you have a better plan as to how this should work, we are all listening.

Does it suck? Hell yes.
is there a better way?
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:07:14 PM

You can't "demand" the value of crypto, dude.

The writing was all over the walls.

I got all my coins out years ago.

We told you so!

Grin
BagHolder010

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

@spamsucks I agree with what you saying as you come to me a grown man unlike some here who keep coming here saying I told you so when I never heard of them before this thread.

But I like to be positive I know my coins are likely won't come back "notice I didn't say never" because I am a man who believes in miracles, yes I know that the lawyers could not recover much, I know they also sold our own coins without asking us, I even agree with what everyone here is telling us.

However, if there is a way then there is hope. A federal judge has ordered the 11,000 Bitcoins to be returned to their owners by U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra of the U.S ;The court declared that just over 11,325 bitcoins were stolen from Cryptsy customers in July 2014.

Now I know the $1.4 million mansion, a $100,000 diamond ring and a luxury car is what the people are getting hopefully at the Q1 2018 is not much but it is better than nothing. The lawyers are getting 3rd of that but at least they are working on the 11K BTC's. Whenever there is a new disease researchers work sometimes decades until they find the cure which is ALRDY in existence! Who knows we might not be able to crack that wallet in 2017 but what if we can crack it in 2030? or perhaps never!?

This is my opinion I know your words are gonna be the same
I told you so
lawyers are getting richer while the people that we WARNED are getting pennies and so on, hopefully people here understand what some of us who lost their money think and I really hope you all get whatever you owned there.

Have a nice a year

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:40:31 PM

@spamsucks I agree with what you saying as you come to me a grown man unlike some here who keep coming here saying I told you so when I never heard of them before this thread.

But I like to be positive I know my coins are likely won't come back "notice I didn't say never" because I am a man who believes in miracles, yes I know that the lawyers could not recover much, I know they also sold our own coins without asking us, I even agree with what everyone here is telling us.

However, if there is a way then there is hope. A federal judge has ordered the 11,000 Bitcoins to be returned to their owners by U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra of the U.S ;The court declared that just over 11,325 bitcoins were stolen from Cryptsy customers in July 2014.

Now I know the $1.4 million mansion, a $100,000 diamond ring and a luxury car is what the people are getting hopefully at the Q1 2018 is not much but it is better than nothing. The lawyers are getting 3rd of that but at least they are working on the 11K BTC's. Whenever there is a new disease researchers work sometimes decades until they find the cure which is ALRDY in existence! Who knows we might not be able to crack that wallet in 2017 but what if we can crack it in 2030? or perhaps never!?

I told you so
lawyers are getting richer while the people that we WARNED are getting pennies and so on, hopefully people here understand what some of us who lost their money think and I really hope you all get whatever you owned there.

Have a nice a year

The day that that wallet is cracked is the day it will be worth nothing because all wallets will be able to be cracked.
spamsucks

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:23:54 PM

I told you so

Have a nice a year

No i told you so from me. I was NEVER told to get out of cryptsy before hand. I honestly would have prolly ignored them anyway. While people say things like I saw it coming for years and blah blah blah they didnt know. They suspected and made other choices. Or they got burned by cryptsy for something and moved on. Or they sold out of all crypto and had nothing left to leave in cryptsy. Or got burned themselves and dont want to admit it in public. I learned there was a problem after an absence when I deposited coins in there and then tried to withdraw. When I saw there was a problem, I came here and that's where people were talking. I didnt leave big amounts of anything on the exchange. My loses are like .32 BTC and then other coins I didnt keep track of. The amounts I lost are nothing compared to others. at today's rates, its like 1300 bucks. Again... nothing to some.

My huge complaint is that we got robbed, and the people responsible got away with it.

If you were not a frequent visitor here (or like me didnt come here at all I registered here in 2014) you didnt get the warnings that these people claim. Im tired of hearing the I told you so's as well. They didnt. You never know who is who in the crypto sphere. The people who were in the chat room being cheerleaders for cryptsy right up to the end told everyone it would all be good. If you said too much in there about cryptsy ripping people off you got banned. So unless you messaged every user at cryptsy and showed proof that vern was gonna steal everyones cash, you can stop saying I told you so. Its stupid and childish anyway, and not true.

As for the 11k BTC. Its gone.  Either the person who took it is dead or in jail, or tossed the keys. In any event I dont think they will ever get those back. A judge cant force them to be released, and more than likely the judge has no idea what they ruled on anyway. If somehow, those coins showed up.... the lawyers would liquidate them, and cash them out to people who can prove they had coins at the rate when they were stolen. You would never get the cash at todays rates. I hope I am wrong for everyones sake. REALLY. but I dont see it.

spamsucks

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:04:41 PM

so anyone know what claims were accepted / rejected?

I would hate to see someone abuse this process...
BagHolder010

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:19:33 AM

From what I understood they gonna tell us before Q1 2018, so August is pretty early to know I guess.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
BagHolder010

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:12:14 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-furthers-fight-against-cryptsy-lawsuit-in-new-filing/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: