Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006428 times)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:25:42 AM

Is this the biggest thread on this board? Was a legendary scam back in the day.

yep with silk road shadow-rogue agents and everything!~ can't wait for the movie!  Cool #freeross

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:45:51 AM

yep with silk road shadow-rogue agents and everything!~ can't wait for the movie!  Cool #freeross

Speaking of rogue agents et al., here's a post from the past on this thread resulting in one FOX production being canned after it was learnt that its star was ... wait for it ... fucking his Mormon daughter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.msg12994311;topicseen#msg12994311

Yep, this thread has everything, and if it doesn't, it eventually will while I'm still around.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:14:21 AM

biggest thread I know of is

Wall Observer 17857 replies

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0;topicseen

Grin
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:59:19 PM

Ok so I just called the toll number, they told me they don't accept videos. + my screen shots of my account were in 2014 and the ones on 2015 are just logins to my account. Should I seek other lawyers in the US who accept videos? I was sure my video was enough I mean why would I take a screen shot if I have a video.

Edit
Is it a good idea to take screen shots of the video even though it was from my phone meaning it's not a screen shot from a PC or laptop?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:29:19 PM

Ok so I just called the toll number, they told me they don't accept videos. + my screen shots of my account were in 2014 and the ones on 2015 are just logins to my account. Should I seek other lawyers in the US who accept videos? I was sure my video was enough I mean why would I take a screen shot if I have a video.

Edit
Is it a good idea to take screen shots of the video even though it was from my phone meaning it's not a screen shot from a PC or laptop?

Resubmit the video, claiming its nothing but frames of screenshots at the rate of 30 per minute which they can pause at anytime to review any single screenshot.

If they still won't accept that, email them every single frame at one frame per email.
rosmo01

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:42:56 PM

Edit

Resubmit the video, claiming its nothing but frames of screenshots at the rate of 30 per minute which they can pause at anytime to review any single screenshot.

If they still won't accept that, email them every single frame at one frame per email.

Problem is that the submission of the contest of the rejection has to be by snail mail!!! I have contested, but got a reply that I have to reply by paper and envelope!!!!!!

It's just completely unbelievable, and is such an awesome example of how this clashes with the old and new. I find it rather incomprehensible that the class action did not hire people in the know of the crypto-world. That would at least include those who do not have screenshots, but private wallets with transactions to back up their claim, and I also don't understand why they don't accept the withdrawal emails from Cryptsy. It contains information that can be used to see that the destination address has never receive the amount in the confirm withdrawal email.

Most of this could also be handled by signed messages by several wallets ensuring sender/receiver privacy authenticity!

Bleugh - I give up!!!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:50:25 PM

Edit

Problem is that the submission of the contest of the rejection has to be by snail mail!!! I have contested, but got a reply that I have to reply by paper and envelope!!!!!!

It's just completely unbelievable, and is such an awesome example of how this clashes with the old and new. I find it rather incomprehensible that the class action did not hire people in the know of the crypto-world. That would at least include those who do not have screenshots, but private wallets with transactions to back up their claim, and I also don't understand why they don't accept the withdrawal emails from Cryptsy. It contains information that can be used to see that the destination address has never receive the amount in the confirm withdrawal email.

Most of this could also be handled by signed messages by several wallets ensuring sender/receiver privacy authenticity!

Bleugh - I give up!!!

In re what's bolded, this: http://silverlaw.com/attorney-profiles/david-c-silver/ (scroll below the fold to news)
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Edit

Bleugh - I give up!!!

In re what's bolded, this: http://silverlaw.com/attorney-profiles/david-c-silver/ (scroll below the fold to news)

I'd say he's Qualified (plus they hired expert's.) This case may be the reason for his change of address:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/10497012/Liu_v_Project_Investors,_Inc_et_al

I bet he has new digs.

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:28:36 PM

Edit

sounds like a plan ...lol

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:18:22 AM

So do you think the Chinese government is going to shutdown Paul's new exchange?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/chinese-bitcoin-exchange-executives-banned-leaving-country-report/

Moving to Puerto Rico...
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 03:21:53 AM

So do you think the Chinese government is going to shutdown Paul's new exchange?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/chinese-bitcoin-exchange-executives-banned-leaving-country-report/

Chinese LEO: Paul Vernon, you no leave country!
Paul: Damnit!

Cryptoraptor

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:30:24 PM

I submitted my claim before the deadline, have not gotten anything regarding acceptance or rejection yet.  I emailed them for a status update at the end of 8/31 and heard back from them on 9/13.  It was generic but basically said disbursement would probably start Q1 2018.  They didn't say I was or was not included.  I'll give it through the weekend and email again if I don't hear anything.
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:40:27 PM

I submitted my claim before the deadline, have not gotten anything regarding acceptance or rejection yet.  I emailed them for a status update at the end of 8/31 and heard back from them on 9/13.  It was generic but basically said disbursement would probably start Q1 2018.  They didn't say I was or was not included.  I'll give it through the weekend and email again if I don't hear anything.

My e-mail from "cryptsy settlement" was in the junk e-mail folder.
Have you checked that?

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:03:14 AM

Grin

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:58:43 PM

Grin

@gembitz, you have redeemed your sorry self!  That was priceless.

Does any of this look familiar?

https://coinjournal.net/cftc-gelfman-blueprint-bitcoin-ponzi-scheme/   <----  Homero GARZA also cited here.

Gelfman went as far as staging a fake computer hack to conceal the losses.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:20:07 PM

biggest thread I know of is

Wall Observer 17857 replies

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0;topicseen
In fact it's even more spectacular than that. 17,857 is the page count. Total replies is 357,462  Shocked
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:25:11 PM

Edit

FWIW my evidence was smartphone photos of pc screen showing balance & date info. So it shouldn't matter if it's not a "proper" screenshot IMO.

I would imagine that, annoying as it is, a still photo will usually go down better in cases like this as it will make it easier to keep a paper file of evidence, share discovery, etc.
ZorroPai

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:45:22 AM

... I find it rather incomprehensible that the class action did not hire people in the know of the crypto-world. ...

Hello rosmo01,

I sent them an excel-file with more than 2800 transactions.
I put it in a table like they wanted: cryptocoin, date, amout (only this worksheet has 39 pages, it is insane to send this by snail mail)
and additionaly for each coin a extra worksheet with transaction id for each transaction.
Screanshots as of end 2015. I added every transaction with the help of blockexporers for every coin.

And they write me that I did not send them sufficient evidence.

I have also an email from them where they write me that they got the email and all the files.

I am realy angry.  Angry Angry Angry

This is why we realy need bitcoin and blockchaintechnology... You can not trust these people.

Good luck,
Zorro

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
rosmo01

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:03:44 AM

... I find it rather incomprehensible that the class action did not hire people in the know of the crypto-world. ...

Hello rosmo01,

I put it in a table like they wanted: cryptocoin, date, amout (only this worksheet has 39 pages, it is insane to send this by snail mail)
and additionaly for each coin a extra worksheet with transaction id for each transaction.
Screanshots as of end 2015. I added every transaction with the help of blockexporers for every coin.

I have also an email from them where they write me that they got the email and all the files.

This is why we realy need bitcoin and blockchaintechnology... You can not trust these people.

Good luck,
Zorro

That is an amazing number of transactions! I hope you didn't loose too much!

That said - it seems they handle the claims very randomly and inconsistently, and I also have now clue as to why they do not tell us what exactly is missing/why the documentation is insufficient! Where is the assistance in getting it right?

And why did their initial claims process accept documentation by email and not anymore? Very inconsistent indeed!

Their initial information states that "account statements" are accepted documentation. Traditional fiat banks do issue that, but in more and more countries only available when you are logged in to the online account, so not sent to your email address of choice - I don't know of a single crypto exchange that issue account statements, so how are we supposed to give them that? That leaves screen shots  as the only remaining accepted documentation. Not a single mention of wallet address and its inherent privacy that only the holder has the private key to, and furthermore backing up the incoming and outgoing transactions. The only problem for me was that I never deposited BTC, so I don't have the Cryptsy BTC address, but the withdrawal confirmation email has a unique and short lasting ID, date and wallet address and amount which can be validated against that address and your transaction history of that said address.

Nothing of the blockchain nature is accepted as documentation, and this is why I have doubts as to their competence. A screenshot can be falsified in so many ways.....
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 03:58:00 PM

Hello rosmo01,

Good luck,
Zorro

That is an amazing number of transactions! I hope you didn't loose too much!

That said - it seems they handle the claims very randomly and inconsistently, and I also have now clue as to why they do not tell us what exactly is missing/why the documentation is insufficient! Where is the assistance in getting it right?

And why did their initial claims process accept documentation by email and not anymore? Very inconsistent indeed!

Their initial information states that "account statements" are accepted documentation. Traditional fiat banks do issue that, but in more and more countries only available when you are logged in to the online account, so not sent to your email address of choice - I don't know of a single crypto exchange that issue account statements, so how are we supposed to give them that? That leaves screen shots  as the only remaining accepted documentation. Not a single mention of wallet address and its inherent privacy that only the holder has the private key to, and furthermore backing up the incoming and outgoing transactions. The only problem for me was that I never deposited BTC, so I don't have the Cryptsy BTC address, but the withdrawal confirmation email has a unique and short lasting ID, date and wallet address and amount which can be validated against that address and your transaction history of that said address.

Nothing of the blockchain nature is accepted as documentation, and this is why I have doubts as to their competence. A screenshot can be falsified in so many ways.....

Playing devil's advocate, I could easily submit a tx ID of a transaction to one of Cryptsy's known bitcoin wallet addresses claiming it my own.

Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: