Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:53:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006437 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:29:20 PM

... I find it rather incomprehensible that the class action did not hire people in the know of the crypto-world. ...

Hello rosmo01,

I sent them an excel-file with more than 2800 transactions.
I put it in a table like they wanted: cryptocoin, date, amout (only this worksheet has 39 pages, it is insane to send this by snail mail)
and additionaly for each coin a extra worksheet with transaction id for each transaction.
Screanshots as of end 2015. I added every transaction with the help of blockexporers for every coin.

And they write me that I did not send them sufficient evidence.

I have also an email from them where they write me that they got the email and all the files.

I am realy angry.  Angry Angry Angry

This is why we realy need bitcoin and blockchaintechnology... You can not trust these people.

Good luck,
Zorro

I put it in a table like they wanted: cryptocoin, date, amout (only this worksheet has 39 pages, it is insane to send this by snail mail)
and additionaly for each coin a extra worksheet with transaction id for each transaction.
Screenshots as of end 2015. I added every transaction with the help of block explorers for every coin.
  ^ CASE DENIED!

"HELP!" I lost 5 gazillion Bitcoins at Cryptsy and have no evidence!"  <-----  CASE ACCEPTED!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:55:04 AM

From the desk of Good News, Bad News:

Met a dude from China last night, so I picked his brain.

Good News: The Chinese Bitcoiners have no use for Marshall Long.

Bad News: No sightings of Paul Vernon, but when he's sighted, they will turn his sorry ass in.
ZorroPai

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:42:44 PM

... I find it rather incomprehensible that the class action did not hire people in the know of the crypto-world. ...

Hello rosmo01,

Screanshots as of end 2015. I added every transaction with the help of blockexporers for every coin.

I have also an email from them where they write me that they got the email and all the files.

This is why we realy need bitcoin and blockchaintechnology... You can not trust these people.

Good luck,
Zorro

Screenshots as of end 2015. I added every transaction with the help of block explorers for every coin.
  ^ CASE DENIED!

"HELP!" I lost 5 gazillion Bitcoins at Cryptsy and have no evidence!"  <-----  CASE ACCEPTED!

You are realy funny.

What about my screenshots?

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:13:25 PM

Hello rosmo01,

Good luck,
Zorro

^ CASE DENIED!

You are realy funny.

One duck dude didn't have a screenshot, so he submitted an actually photo complete with audio ...

"Put it all in Dash on Cryptsy and you'll become even richer, Mr. SM."
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:05:56 PM

NXT is only 1600? lol it was a cryptsy trollbox favorite Cool weeee

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt

gogogooo   Kiss  $nextcorn

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:19:54 PM

Hello rosmo01,

Good luck,
Zorro

^ CASE DENIED!

You are realy funny.

TY. I was programmed for humor.

You gave them TMI.

YOUR app was TL;DR!

They don't understand that $h!t!

TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:49:42 PM

It's a fact the Receivers have a Cryptsy Database...maybe the whole thing for all we know.

Any claims that were perhaps "exaggerated" are being denied.

Making a spreadsheet after the fact does not count. I'd toss it myself.

The filing deadline has passed. Let's see your screenshots.

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:43:19 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 04:55:16 AM by RoomBot

It's a fact the Receivers have a Cryptsy Database...maybe the whole thing for all we know.

Any claims that were perhaps "exaggerated" are being denied.

Making a spreadsheet after the fact does not count. I'd toss it myself.

The filing deadline has passed. Let's see your screenshots.

You mean, victims have to low-ball themselves to stake a claim?

Yes, show us your papers "screanshots", LOL

Screenshots that make you scream = screanshots.
GeneralYeah

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:36:39 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 06:51:05 PM by GeneralYeah

Is there anyone here that got their claim accepted, is a non-us citizen and knows what we should put for the part II of the W-8 BEN from?
surely whatever funds that are eventually returned to us aren't subject to any tax?

Do you think its worth emailing the lawyers for clarification?

Claim accepted, non-us citizen:

I only filled in what country i reside in (Part II, 9)

For Part II, 10: I left it open as for it's not applicable for our case.

4Power

For everyone who is struggeling with the W-8BEN Form (especially as a German):

I just finished filling it out with some help of my lawyer.
So you have to fill in accordingly:

Everything should be filled out with -> UPPER CASE LETTERS <-
Remember that the US can't handle ß,ä,ö and ü. Use SS, AE, OE and UE instead.

Part I
1. First name Last name (Last name = family name)
2. Country (GERMANY)
3.1 Address. Use STR. instead of STREET/STRAẞE
3.2 City + , + Post ID. (EXAMPLETOWN , 12345)
3.3 Country
4. Stays empty
5. Stays empty
6. Tax ID (in German: Steuer Identifikationsnummer)
7. Claim number (put your claim number in that you recieved per e-mail)
8. Date of birth. Remember: The U.S. uses a different order! Its Month - Day - Year, so 20. of January 1990 would be 01-20-1990
Part II
9. I certify that the beneficial owner is a resident of -> GERMANY <- ...
10. Special rates and conditions.
     My lawyer told me what i should put in there. You can use that if you are from germany, but i guess it would be different for other nations.
     "The beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of Article and paragraph 4 - 1 of the treaty identified on line 9 above to claim a
     0% rate of withholding on (specify type of income): CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, OTHER INCOME
     Explain the additional conditions in the Article and paragraph the beneficial owner m to be eligible for the rate of withholding:
     UNDER ARTICLE 4 OF THE U.S. / GERMANY INCOME TAX TREATY I AM LIABLE TO GERMAN INCOME TAX BASED ON MY DOMICILE;
     RESIDENCE AND CITIZENSHIP. UNDER SEC 894.20 I AM ENTITLED TO US INCOME TAX TREATY BENEFITS AS ALL MY INCOME IS 100%
     TAXABLE IN GERMANY.

At the bottom, sign with your name, below you also have to write your signature in big letters again.
On the right the date, again like 09-29-2017.

Then make a copy of your government ID, drivers license or passport.
Also include a copy of the Cryptsy Settlement Determination Notice which you got per e-mail.

Send these 3 things via certified mail with return receipt (German: Einschreiben) to the address stated in the Determination Notice.
That's it Smiley

Hope i could help someone, this lawyer cost me 120€ to fill this damn thing out correctly Cheesy
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:49:27 PM

Thanks for paying it forward --- or backward ---

Thanks for sharing.   Wink
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:33:25 AM

I would like to thank Horus for helping me write a very professional looking contest letter.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Serveus

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:57:44 PM

Hello guys! I received an email letter from cryptsysettlement. But honestly, noticed it just now. They ask me to send them "W-8 form". But i can't figure out should i send it via email or i have to send it by post mail?  Huh I would be grateful if someone explain it to me. Sorry for this noob question!
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:07:58 PM

Hello guys! I received an email letter from cryptsysettlement. But honestly, noticed it just now. They ask me to send them "W-8 form". But i can't figure out should i send it via email or i have to send it by post mail?  Huh I would be grateful if someone explain it to me. Sorry for this noob question!

Send it via certified mail with a return receipt.
xaxistech

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:12:44 PM

Why are you still trusting in this exchangers that nobody knows a sh1t about them? i dont understand it, there are better options to put your money insted of this one. I used cryptsy a long time ago for making a trade, and it was an awful experience, it was so buggy and it took me more than 2 hours to exchange only one coin.. Anyway, good luck with all of those who are still trying to withdraw their money.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Serveus

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:41:44 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 10:18:41 AM by Serveus

Send it via certified mail with a return receipt.
Ok, got it. Thanks for your help! How do you think, it's not a bad decision if i will send it by email, too?

Why are you still trusting in this exchangers that nobody knows a sh1t about them? i dont understand it, there are better options to put your money insted of this one. I used cryptsy a long time ago for making a trade, and it was an awful experience, it was so buggy and it took me more than 2 hours to exchange only one coin.. Anyway, good luck with all of those who are still trying to withdraw their money.

Cryptsy scammed long time ago. We're trying to get something through the courts. Lost here more than 30 eth.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:51:24 AM

Where have you been?

Go back to sleep, Rip Van Crypto.  Tongue
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:03:43 PM

I would like to thank Horus for helping me write a very professional looking contest letter.

Horus was one of the key figures of this scam..he knew what was happening two years before cryptsy closed. Cool
 ~he's likely helping LEO collect even more evidence about cryptsy/silk road users,,, not helping you get anything back! lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
alphapilot

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:09:58 PM

Did anyone receive a further confirmation after sending the form through postal mail?
From the tracking I can see that it has arrived and was signed for but no further news after that.
Harrierx

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:40:02 PM

Is there anyone here that got their claim accepted, is a non-us citizen and knows what we should put for the part II of the W-8 BEN from?
surely whatever funds that are eventually returned to us aren't subject to any tax?

Do you think its worth emailing the lawyers for clarification?

Claim accepted, non-us citizen:

I only filled in what country i reside in (Part II, 9)

For Part II, 10: I left it open as for it's not applicable for our case.

4Power

For everyone who is struggeling with the W-8BEN Form (especially as a German):

I just finished filling it out with some help of my lawyer.
So you have to fill in accordingly:

Everything should be filled out with -> UPPER CASE LETTERS <-
Remember that the US can't handle ß,ä,ö and ü. Use SS, AE, OE and UE instead.

Part I
1. First name Last name (Last name = family name)
2. Country (GERMANY)
3.1 Address. Use STR. instead of STREET/STRAẞE
3.2 City + , + Post ID. (EXAMPLETOWN , 12345)
3.3 Country
4. Stays empty
5. Stays empty
6. Tax ID (in German: Steuer Identifikationsnummer)
7. Claim number (put your claim number in that you recieved per e-mail)
8. Date of birth. Remember: The U.S. uses a different order! Its Month - Day - Year, so 20. of January 1990 would be 01-20-1990
Part II
9. I certify that the beneficial owner is a resident of -> GERMANY <- ...
10. Special rates and conditions.
     My lawyer told me what i should put in there. You can use that if you are from germany, but i guess it would be different for other nations.
     "The beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of Article and paragraph 4 - 1 of the treaty identified on line 9 above to claim a
     0% rate of withholding on (specify type of income): CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, OTHER INCOME
     Explain the additional conditions in the Article and paragraph the beneficial owner m to be eligible for the rate of withholding:
     UNDER ARTICLE 4 OF THE U.S. / GERMANY INCOME TAX TREATY I AM LIABLE TO GERMAN INCOME TAX BASED ON MY DOMICILE;
     RESIDENCE AND CITIZENSHIP. UNDER SEC 894.20 I AM ENTITLED TO US INCOME TAX TREATY BENEFITS AS ALL MY INCOME IS 100%
     TAXABLE IN GERMANY.

At the bottom, sign with your name, below you also have to write your signature in big letters again.
On the right the date, again like 09-29-2017.

Then make a copy of your government ID, drivers license or passport.
Also include a copy of the Cryptsy Settlement Determination Notice which you got per e-mail.

Send these 3 things via certified mail with return receipt (German: Einschreiben) to the address stated in the Determination Notice.
That's it Smiley

Hope i could help someone, this lawyer cost me 120€ to fill this damn thing out correctly Cheesy

As a resident of the UK, how transferable is what you have for part II 10.? Is it simply a case of swapping out the relevant part of the US/UK tax treaty? I Imagine that it is fairly similar to the US/GER treaty. Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:11:06 PM

As a resident of the UK, how transferable is what you have for part II 10.? Is it simply a case of swapping out the relevant part of the US/UK tax treaty? I Imagine that it is fairly similar to the US/GER treaty. Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers

[cut out the chain body to save on space]

I discovered that the USA/Japan treaty has the same basic section format (ie Article 4-1 is the same) although the wording changes a little of course. Possibly it's a common layout for tax treaties.
If you google the German treaty & the UK treaty separately just compare the wording and make the necessary changes. The key parts of the treaty (as per what GeneralYeah's lawyer wrote) seem to be the Articles which (i) determine residency and (ii) the "other income" section.

Also, pay attention to details is important. For example, I am not a Japanese citizen, so I deleted "citizenship" from the 2nd part of #10.
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: