Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495949 times)
delgas

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:03:02 AM

So it's been 24 hours thus far and still no reasonable response.

BitInstant's idea of customer support is having a 150+ page thread with one representative?  I've tried to chat with representatives on your website, sent a support email through your website with no response, posted to this thread, and have personally PM'd Ursay.

Enough with the "check your confirmation email for a MTGox code" canned answers.

BitInstant has either been hacked or is grossly incompetent.  Either way they should not be dealing with money

As you can see from my transaction details below, my order had nothing to do with MTGox whatsoever.  The funds were sent to a personal bitcoin-qt address.

Stop blaming MTGox for a mistake that was clearly made by BitInstant.  Stop holding me hostage and forward on my funds.

Order receipt
Quote ID    e778fe43-8ed6-4d01-b26e-f280395f260c
Event ID    1f14b79d-b20a-4c96-811f-90c5954a3fed
Fees (inclusive)    3.99%%
Amount you paid    $500.0 USD
Amount you will receive    $480.05 USD
Destination exchange    Bitcoin Address
Destination account    1JMSyCHYx3ae2yTDLVeBxtZYxKXkuyEwid

Order event log
Timestamp    Event ID    Event type
Wed Apr 3 04:05:53 2013   1f14b79d-b20a-4c96-811f-90c5954a3fed   Quote for new transaction
Wed Apr 3 12:46:58 2013   8492a92e-46f8-4c46-9427-23189fc3eec6   New Order
Wed Apr 3 12:45:22 2013   cd6005a2-66b7-497a-beaf-6d8f68a9b8f8   Coinapult Order Loading
Wed Apr 3 12:50:21 2013   29c49933-b158-4dcb-8002-f596410d1e00   MTGox Order Loading

I understand your frustrations.  We have not been hacked.  MTGOX was unable to keep their website up yesterday because demand was so strong.  BitInstant stayed up however.

I am trying to help.  I apologize if you do not find my responses worthy.  However, we are doing our best to clean up everyone's issues.

I've added all your details to a support ticket.  We will contact you when we have more info.  Thanks for your patience!

-BitInstant Support  Smiley

What's my ticket number?
What's my escalation ID?
Why haven't I received email confirmation from your support system that a ticket was created?

My order had nothing to do with Mt Gox.  It was sent to a personal bitcoin address.

It shouldn't have touched Coinapult or MTGox.  This was negligence and incompetence on the part of BitInstant staff.

BitInstant took my money and didn't send the coins.

And Bitinstant isn't a scam?  Prove it!  Sends the coins to the bitcoin address I specified in the order.

You can reference your ticket / escalation by order # or Bitcointalk username.  I hope to help support become more robust as I am integrated fully into the BitInstant system.

I am not saying your order has touched MTGOX or anywhere else.  Support is looking into your situation and I am helping them gather all of your info.

I will prove to you that we are not a scam.  Smiley

Thanks for your patience!
-BitInstant Support

I thought you were going to "prove" it Ursay, by sending my coins?

So what's the hold up?
Oyarsaskin

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:11:31 AM

I've done 5 transactions with Bitinstant VIA Zipzap/moneygram, etc. in the last few days, and all of them went through within an hour.  I did not use MTGOX at all, but had the BTC deposited directly to my Armory Wallet.  It worked fine. 

Excited, I recommended the whole thing to my friend, who made his transaction the same day (Tuesday) as me.  His BTC have NOT shown up, and no one from bitinstant will return his emails or anything.  Now I feel like an asshole and he is out $500. 

Mixed feelings, to say the least. 
Ace.

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:24:49 AM

You do realize that all the negative shit you're posting accusing them of scamming will only increase the time period we all have to wait? If they have to spend 45 min of every support hour defending their company it's going to take forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver to do all these tickets.

Calm the hell down guys, be patient. It's been a few days. I too have money that I didn't receive from Bitinstant but you dont see me flipping out over here?

@Support from bitinstant:

Best to ignore all the negative stuff and just process stuff. It's just a waste of your time. And what better way to prove them wrong than to process their ticket Wink
andrewb

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:25:21 AM

Okay, I'm really fucking pissed that bitinstant's shitty fucking website/design basically duped me (and at least two other's I've seen doing only a barely cursory search) into posting a Mt. Gox coupon code on a public forum.

Problem 1
BitInstant.com homepage asks for 'MtGox Account #" it nowhere specifies the 'Exchange Account' that is apparently what you REALLY have to use as per the bitinstant.com funding options page on Mt. Gox. This 'Exchange Account' is different than 'Mt Gox Account #' (or is it? Ill get to that...). In fact the 'Mt Gox Account #' field on bitinstant.com is the only one without a help popup tip; probably the most important field...

Now, Mt. Gox does certainly bear culpability here as well as they contradict the shit out of themselves. If you view their Deposits FAQ https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20490576-Withdrawals-and-Deposits you will see it says:

"You can deposit funds into your Mt.Gox account by entering the following at bitinstant.com:

Exchange Account: ##### (Your Mt.Gox Merchant ID)"

So Mt. Gox is saying Exchange Account = Merchant ID, got it. Well, if you go to your Mt. Gox settings (https://mtgox.com/settings) it makes it very clear Mt. Gox Merchant ID = Account No.; thus my friend transitive fucking property says: Exchange Account = Merchant ID = Account No. So what up Mt. Gox?

Furthermore, Mt. Gox used to list the 'Exchange Account' at the top of their homepage, now it lists the Account No.; really helpful Mt. Gox.

Either way, it appears that if you enter anything other than you specific 'Exchange Account' on bitinstant.com it won't deposit the USD funds directly into your Mt. Gox account.

Instead you get a Mt. Gox coupon code instead of a direct deposit, which bring us to:

Problem 2
The 'Your recent transfer' email you get -- if you enter anything other than the specific 'Exchange Account' on bitinstant.com -- will say: "We have made a direct deposit into your MTGox account and there is no need to use the coupon system on this order"; when in fact the EXACT OPPOSITE is true. You do need a coupon code actually. And the coupon code is in that very email.

Except it's labeled as APIResponse. I'm gonna repeat that, the coupon code could be worth hundreds of dollars is labeled as APIResponse. This is after they tell you you do not need to use the coupon system for this, so why ever would they send you a coupon.

And yes I have to acknowledge I have to bear some small sliver of culpability for ultimately posting the coupon here in this public forum; but seriously, how am I suppose to be able to intuitively identify a coupon code (LABELED AS APIResponse!) when I've been told I don't need one and have never seen one before because all my previous transactions have worked properly.  

Also, I would like to note, that more than one person here has said there coupon code has not worked even though they have NOT posted it an public forum; it just didn't work period, so I can't even be certain that isn't why mine isn't working now.

I say this all, one, to get it off my chest so I can stop obsessing about this and do something else with my life. And too also hope something get's changed because if nothing else you are causing yourself a ton of work by not heading this shit off at the pass.

I would really appreciate if I could get some help with this from bitinstant because like I said, I can't even be sure my coupon code ever worked to begin with.

I know I've posted my info already and a tickets been started and what not, but I just wrote all these words so I'm just gonna repost it here, because, really, why not.

OrderID: 58d56464-08cf-48f5-b7fb-174d1f35bd6b
EventID: 975b119a-5704-4680-b92c-23ca1d6c1c9a
QuoteID: 00453453-3f36-4915-b868-a3a9bd468f5d

God bless,
andrewb
Oyarsaskin

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:30:46 AM

I've done 5 transactions with Bitinstant VIA Zipzap/moneygram, etc. in the last few days, and all of them went through within an hour.  I did not use MTGOX at all, but had the BTC deposited directly to my Armory Wallet.  It worked fine. 

Excited, I recommended the whole thing to my friend, who made his transaction the same day (Tuesday) as me.  His BTC have NOT shown up, and no one from bitinstant will return his emails or anything.  Now I feel like an asshole and he is out $500. 

Mixed feelings, to say the least. 

MY LORD THIS JUST CONFIRMS THAT THEY ARE SWINDLING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY!! BITINSTANT CON ARTISTS SWINDLERS THIEVES AND THEY PACIFY WITH EXCUSES!
I TOO LOST MONEY WITH THEM! PEOPLE need to flood the internet about these unscrupulous business people.
BitInstant IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF ! Flood the internet with this so others are NOT SCAMMED!

I'm not sure it proves all that... remember all MY transactions w/ bitinstant worked fine. 
mssunshine

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:35:02 AM

You do realize that all the negative shit you're posting accusing them of scamming will only increase the time period we all have to wait? If they have to spend 45 min of every support hour defending their company it's going to take forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver to do all these tickets.

Calm the hell down guys, be patient. It's been a few days. I too have money that I didn't receive from Bitinstant but you dont see me flipping out over here?

Best to ignore all the negative stuff and just process stuff. It's just a waste of your time. And what better way to prove them wrong than to process their ticket Wink

CON ARTISTS are just that. You think these people are going to have any good luck in life doing people this way? You DONT PLAY WITH PEOPLE MONEY PERIOD!! FUCK TIP TOEING AROUND THESE CON ARTISTS AND SWINDLERS! They should be on this shit ASAP. BitINstant DOES BAD BUSINESS AND READ THE LAST 100's of posts. THEY ARE STEALING PEOPLES MONEY HERE! THERE IS ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT !! PEOPLE GIVE MONEY AND THEY DISAPPEAR WITH IT! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!
mssunshine

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:37:59 AM

CON ARTISTS are just that. You think these people are going to have any good luck in life doing people this way? You DONT PLAY WITH PEOPLE MONEY PERIOD!! FUCK TIP TOEING AROUND THESE CON ARTISTS AND SWINDLERS! They should be on this shit ASAP. BitINstant DOES BAD BUSINESS AND READ THE LAST 100's of posts. THEY ARE STEALING PEOPLES MONEY HERE! THERE IS ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT !! PEOPLE GIVE MONEY AND THEY DISAPPEAR WITH IT! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!
[/quote]

I havent even been contacted. My emails ignored, my phone calls not returned but they HAVE MY MONEY! Not even one of their people has even addresed my issue. So If I give away money I'd rather give it to the homeless , Not a BUNCH OF GREEDY WHITE COLLAR CRIMINALS! BITINSTANT SHOULD BE ASHAMED!
andrewb

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:44:29 AM

I don't think this level of distrust/panick is quite warranted yet, they are clearly way overwhelmed with support issues due to both problems with Mt. Gox and their website some of which I touched on above.
Oyarsaskin

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:50:40 AM

Quote ID
90bb9673-47ee-45c9-934e-13632fbe35e4

Event ID
42cc1266-01d5-4f2c-bd0d-41537729a26b

Quote valid until
Wed Apr 3 04:12:40 2013
Amount you need to pay
$500.0 USD
Amount you will receive
$480.05 USD

Guaranteed delivery time (HH:MM:SS)
1:00:00
Destination exchange
Bitcoin Address

Bitinstant, please restore my faith in you and address this transaction.  NO MTGOX involved, just a private wallet address.  No coins have arrived it has been over 48hrs!
StrictlyBusiness

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:51:46 AM

I GOT SOME MONEY !!! THANKS!!!!

THEY ARE NOT SCAM ARTISTS! I KNEW IT!!!
yellowbellypig

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:54:04 AM

I GOT SOME MONEY !!! THANKS!!!!

THEY ARE NOT SCAM ARTISTS! I KNEW IT!!!

Glad to hear that.

Hopefully im next  Lips sealed
StrictlyBusiness

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:54:20 AM

Thanks URSAY! I shouldnt loose my crib now lol!
StrictlyBusiness

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:06:28 AM

MsSunshine chill ma, im sure you will get you're bread just have to wait a while and try not to be too pestery.

I don't think this level of distrust/panick is quite warranted yet, they are clearly way overwhelmed with support issues due to both problems with Mt. Gox and their website some of which I touched on above.

THESE people make big money go sleep in nice homes and should have the damn decency to have customer service. Why are the founders being cheap and greedy and not hiring people to do contact work for them? So it's basically greed and these guys not wanting to spend the cash for customer service meanwhile stealing peoples money and holding up peoples business so they can keep that extra hundred bucks in their pockets instead of hiring support!
Fucking greedy assholes should be ashamed THIS IS NOT they way to RUN a BUSINESS! If I'm wrong I will publicly apologize! But so far they havent even acknowledged they have my money that they TOOK from me. The fucking FOUNDERS of this company are spending their time on these boards pacifying people because they all got greedy. Do you think if dinnerware is cracked that Martha Stewart is on some message board writing her complainants? Hell no she's got customer support. This is UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS!!! They are all blowing each others egos up and passing the BUCK meanwhile the poor folks who invest with them get robbed and ignored!
archimediate

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:13:31 AM

If there's an option to skip the Mt.Gox path and just get the amount of BC I could have bought at the point of sale I would rather choose that.  Would that be easier Ursay/Yankee?

I could always use tips for diapers and formula!  Smiley

1BPd97bFKxyRWKm6ayzhgRAqsd3aA8VD8K
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:29:38 AM

Everyone...

Overwhelming volume is the issue here.  Your funds are NOT lost.  BitInstant is NOT scamming you.  All orders will be resolved.

Please try and work WITH me and not against me so I can help you resolve your issues.

Spamming this thread does not help me help you.  Please include ALL of your information regarding your transaction in 1 post or PM.  Partial info or just complaints do not give me the resources to help you.

Thanks!
-BitInstant Support

URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:38:07 AM

Everyone,

I STILL need to get to my PMs from today and last night.

Right now I am going into the BitInstant office so it may be a bit before I can respond to forum posts or PMs.  But when I come back to the forum I will go thru my PMs first, then get back to the public thread.

Thanks again for your patience guys.  I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the outstanding issues while in the office today...

-BitInstant Support

i sent money to zipzap through bitinstant, via moneygram lastnight (roughly 13hrs ago.) i have gotten emails from both parties saying the got my money and have sent my money, but i have not received the money into my account. i have also emailed mtgox, zipzap, and bititstant. zipzap got back to me and said the issue is on bitinstant. please help!

OrderID: 52aa0f79-994a-4f0a-bf82-2ffb9edfe811
EventID: daf7dfeb-3179-435f-a4b2-b29ce5fc1fc5
QuoteID: d5a25837-ec1c-45ba-a511-c59bfde8f55d

Ticket opened!  Thanks for the info!  We will contact you shortly.  Smiley

-BitInstant Support
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:42:13 AM

Same problem, moneygram to bitinstant to mtgox account, not deposited, here are my details
Quote ID    1fd189d3-80d1-4047-bbe9-b8a0d540ce15
Event ID    3e5f14be-b7f5-4387-b030-e0674824780c

whats going on?

Do you have an order ID?  Have you received any sort of confirmation email?  Are you seeing any specific failures that you can point out to me during the process?  Check that email for mtgox codes which you would redeem at GOX.  Let me know if you still have issues.  Thanks!

-BitInstant Support
mssunshine

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:44:23 AM

Everyone...

Overwhelming volume is the issue here.  Your funds are NOT lost.  BitInstant is NOT scamming you.  All orders will be resolved.

Please try and work WITH me and not against me so I can help you resolve your issues.

Spamming this thread does not help me help you.  Please include ALL of your information regarding your transaction in 1 post or PM.  Partial info or just complaints do not give me the resources to help you.

Thanks!
-BitInstant Support

I will PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE on bended knee if I'm wrong. This is MONEY people are going to get emotional, go crazy about it! They need to HIRE ME to handle it. Being tech geeky and legal smart is one thing but in order to do business you have to know people and businesses are not all machine. There is human lives behind these computers and exchanges. People want to have that acknowledgement when your handling their orders. NOT have to wait in LIMBO . Speaking of which I will be back later ... needing to tend to my own business. I blew my whole day for a sign of life from this company. I'd much rather be blowing it doing something else productive!~ These are the risks we take, but dont do it to me!! 
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:45:14 AM

I have 3 transfers for 500$ each total of 1500$ and I have been waiting almost 20 hours. If someone could help it would be great.

Order ID #?  More info?  Help me help you.  Cheesy
Severian87

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:03:11 AM

Waiting more than a day, really would like the coins. Any help would be appreciated, no activity on blockchain.
Quote ID   83f7e820-562b-43c2-90b6-ebca9367d9cb
Thanks Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: